Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2010

Was it his mistake? It seemed to be so. It would be even more tragic if someone else caused his death.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I am new, as you know, to Moto. When is the last time someone died?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Eternal rest grant unto him, o Lord.....
    ... May perpetual light shine upon him. Amen
    Other teams may be fast, but the poetry, the romance, of F1 Racing belongs to Ferrari
    I'm so proud to drive for this team." - Felipe Massa Brazil '08
    I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    ... May perpetual light shine upon him. Amen
    Thanks mate.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I am new, as you know, to Moto. When is the last time someone died?
    2003 I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) - Kato died at Suzuka that year.

I just saw the accident briefly as I wasn't watching it this morning so I'm not 100% sure what happened. He came off the bike and 2 other riders hit him. Just a tragic accident rather than anyone's fault. Redding and Di Angelis are both okay, physically anyway. I feel for them.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    2003 I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) - Kato died at Suzuka that year.

I just saw the accident briefly as I wasn't watching it this morning so I'm not 100% sure what happened. He came off the bike and 2 other riders hit him. Just a tragic accident rather than anyone's fault. Redding and Di Angelis are both okay, physically anyway. I feel for them.
    Thank you, amica mia.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

RIP Shoya Tomizawa.

I didnt even see that race, so no idea what happened. But reading the report, seems as it was tragic accident.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Can someone explain what the numbers at the top of the screen (15:20 in the second SBK race) mean?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I don't even feel like watching todays Moto2 race. Utterly horrifying and tragic news. Only 19 years old and a major talent.

Rest in peace Tomizawa.

Was it his mistake? It seemed to be so. It would be even more tragic if someone else caused his death.
    I just watched a clip on youtube of the accident. Looks like the front end of the bike folded away underneath him and unfortunately the guys behind had no time to react or get out the way. Tragic. Rest in peace son. I think we have been very lucky in F1 to have all the new safety measures which have saved lots of lives but with motorbike racing there is only so much you can do in terms of protection.

Am i right thinking Shoya was leading the Moto 2 championship?

No,Toni Elias (Spain) was the leader.
    RIP Shoya,trully horrifying accident

Quote Originally Posted by red5 View Post
    No,Toni Elias (Spain) was the leader.
    Won 6 (or is it 7?) races.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Won 6 (or is it 7?) races.
    6 out of 11 races.Tomizawa won the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by red5 View Post
    6 out of 11 races.Tomizawa won the first one.
    Thanks, mi amigo

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Errrr, what?

"I'll release him, but....."

Yamaha boss: ‘I would release Rossi to test Ducati’

By Matthew Birt -

MotoGP

13 September 2010 15:08

Yamaha boss Masao Furusawa has said his personal preference is not to block Valentino Rossi from testing for Ducati in Valencia in early November.

But the senior race boss, who was influential in helping Rossi win four MotoGP titles for the Japanese factory, said it was difficult contractually to let the Italian begin testing for Ducati immediately after the final race.

Yamaha has still to release Rossi from his contract to test for Ducati in Valencia in early November.

The Italian has piled pressure on Yamaha management recently by declaring his confidence that he will be freed from his contract to make his much-anticipated Ducati debut on November 9.

He has said it is only fair that Yamaha grant Ducati’s request for Rossi to test after he transformed the YZR-M1 from a no-hoper into consistent winner.

Yamaha is aware that holding Rossi to his contract could be a spectacular PR own goal, with any backlash inevitably hitting them.

Furusawa said: “From a contract standpoint he will not be allowed to test after Valencia. It is not just between Valentino and Yamaha, we have a lot of sponsors and contracts and it is really difficult to convince all of the people who are involved in this issue. So it is really difficult to allow Valentino to test at Valencia.”

Furusawa though has enjoyed an intimate relationship with Rossi since he signed the Italian at the end of 2003.

And it is clear that his personal view is Rossi should be released.

“My personal view is I am a fan of Valentino’s and I would release him to Ducati after Valencia. But as this moment I can’t say anything,“ added Furusawa

motorcycleracing.com

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Uh oh

Rossi to undergo shoulder op

By Gary Pinchin -

MotoGP

15 September 2010 14:35

Valentino Rossi is to have an operation on the shoulder he injured earlier this year in a motocross accident – according to an interview with Sky Italia.

Rossi broke his tibia and fibula in a crash at Mugello in June but after sitting out four races over a six-week period is now back in action.

However, the shoulder he damaged in April is continuing to give him problems and now the 31-year-old has decided to have an operation to speed up the healing process.

Rossi is due to switch from Yamaha to Ducati at the end of the year but told Sky Italia: “The shoulder is still giving me problems and therefore at the end of season I shall have an operation.”

Following surgery, Rossi’s shoulder could require an extended period of physiotherapy before he could race again.
    motorcyclenews.com

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Motorsport
    WWOS

* > Motorsport

* > Article

Stoner doesn't push hard, says Rossi
    By Robert Grant
    16:32 AEST Wed Sep 15 2010
    Australia's MotoGP rider Casey Stoner of Ducati.
    MotoGP star Valentino Rossi claims Aussie rider Casey Stoner (pic) has eased off this season.

Latest Motor Sports:
    Gold Coast V8s to woo F1 in 2011
    Briscoe backs Power for Indy title win
    McLaren chief promises fight
    Vettel thrilled with high-risk strategy
    Schumacher ignores Mercedes rumours

Also on
    slow down40 km/h limit in Sydney CBD top dogsMutts that look like stars

MotoGP star Casey Stoner has returned fire at rival Valentino Rossi after the Italian accused him of easing off this season.

Angered by the attack, the Australian reminded Rossi that he was being beaten this year by his Yamaha teammate Jorge Lorenzo.

The war of words comes as the pair line up for the new Grand Prix of Aragon in Spain this weekend.

Both Rossi and Stoner will swap teams at the end of this season.

Rossi is taking up Stoner's spot at Ducati while the Australian has been recruited to try to rejuvenate the Honda factory team.

But Rossi says it is hard to judge the potential of the Ducati because Stoner does not ride the machine to its limits.

"It is very difficult to understand the level of the Ducati because Stoner doesn't push at 100 per cent," Rossi said.

"Both (Honda's Dani) Pedrosa and Lorenzo work a lot in practice on their bikes and they try to understand everything with long runs but Stoner makes just one lap, so it is difficult to understand the performance."

Stoner has rejected the Italian champion's assessment, saying he should sort out his own problems first.

"I don't care about his opinion, at the moment he's getting his kicked by his teammate so he has to worry about that first," Stoner said.

"Somebody else is doing a better job in the same garage."

Stoner has had a miserable year struggling with the front end of his bike and is without a win in 12 races.

Rossi has just one victory while his Yamaha teammate Lorenzo is headed for the title - although Rossi missed several rounds with a broken leg.

"I can't get anymore out of the bike or myself," Stoner said.

"I'm happy with my performances. Things are constantly going wrong and we haven't got the speed, simple as that."

"And if he's fast from the beginning (with Ducati) without all the testing he will just say he's a genius."

Stoner says Ducati has had limited developmental resources in his time at the team Rossi is understood to be greeted by a massive engineering assault in 2011.
    ninemsn.com
    Rossi

Say it again next year, and I will agree completely, though

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Fresh from the news of a renewed deal with HRC for the next two seasons and brimming with confidence after back-to-back wins in the two previous rounds, Dani Pedrosa was the quickest rider in the first day of practice at the Gran Premio A-Style de Aragón on Friday. Riding at the new track for the first time the Repsol Honda rider set a best time of 1'50.506 in the reinstated morning first free practice, before the rain arrived for the afternoon session to prevent his rivals from getting close to his mark.

Pedrosa finished 0.411s ahead of Ducati's Nicky Hayden, with championship leader Jorge Lorenzo third fastest on his Fiat Yamaha M1 just 0.011s further down on Hayden, making the Spaniard the final rider under the 1'51" barrier this morning.

Casey Stoner was next up on the timesheet in fourth place, but can be satisfied with his day as whole, having led the wet afternoon practice with a best lap of 2’01.710. He was closely followed in the damp 45-minute session by Lorenzo and Hayden, with Pedrosa unable to match his dry weather form in 13th place.

Marco Simoncelli (San Carlo Honda Gresini) was the fastest rookie with an overall fifth and a 1'51.768, just a thousandth of a second ahead of fellow Italian and reigning World Champion Valentino Rossi (Fiat Yamaha). Héctor Barberá (Páginas Amarillas Aspar) put in an impressive penultimate lap to end seventh, whilst Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda), Colin Edwards and Ben Spies (both Monster Yamaha Tech 3) completed the top ten.

There was only one fall during the day with Aleix Espargaró suffering an early high-side on only his second lap out this morning. The Pramac Racing rider fell victim to a cold tyre as he crashed at turn two and fortunately escaped injury, returning to the track shortly after and setting the 13th fastest time.

The third and final practice session takes place at 10.05am local time on Saturday morning, with a 45-minute qualifying session for the Gran Premio A-Style de Aragón due to start at 2.05pm.
    paddocktalk.com

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Rossi encouraged by pace in wet
    By David Emmett and Matt Beer Friday, September 17th 2010, 20:05 GMT

Valentino Rossi, Yamaha, Aragon

Valentino Rossi was buoyed by his performance in the wet second practice session at Aragon today, as he felt his pace in the rain had been an area of weakness since he returned to action following his lay-off with a broken leg.

The world champion was fourth quickest in the afternoon, having been sixth in the dry in the morning.

"I'm happy especially about the wet practice, because after my accident I've only ridden the bike in the wet at Brno in the warm-up, and it was very, very bad, so I need some kilometres to come back to the right pace with a good feeling," said Rossi.

"In the wet I am in the fourth place, not far from the top, and I'm happy because I can improve - tomorrow we have some modifications to try. So it's a good day of testing, and to ride a little bit in the wet is positive for me to come back to the right feeling."

He also felt the wet track had been kinder to his shoulder, which has remained problematic since his April Motocross crash, and may yet require surgery in the winter. But he said he had accepted that he would just have to cope with the discomfort in the remaining six races.

"In the wet it was better, in the dry I had some problems," said Rossi. "I have three right corners where I have some pain. After this morning I already had more pain than yesterday.

"But now the situation is clear - the shoulder will remain like this. We have to stay with the problem and do the maximum with the problem.
    autosport.com

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Stoner may land in Honda mess
    Robert Grant
    September 17, 2010

AAP

Australian MotoGP star Casey Stoner could find himself in the middle of a messy situation at Honda next season after Spaniard Dani Pedrosa's contract was renewed.

Pedrosa has signed a new two-year deal and is expected to team with Stoner, who leaves Ducati at the end of this season.

But the issue has been complicated by the refusal of factory Honda rider Andrea Dovizioso to move.
    Advertisement: Story continues below

Dovizioso has invoked a clause in his contract which stated that if he was in the top five on the MotoGP points standings at the end of July he would automatically be re-signed for next year.

The outcome is unclear and could end up in court after major sponsor Repsol refused to increase its backing to run a three-bike outfit.

Honda is desperately searching for a solution after Dovizioso ended up in the top five after the Laguna Seca round in the US.

He has resisted any attempt by the factory to palm him off to one of the lesser satellite teams which Honda supports and his manager, Simone Batistella says the situation is unambiguous.

"The contract is pretty clear and there are a few things that need to be clarified between us and Honda Racing," Batistella told motorcyclenews.com.

"It is important to understand the will of both parties and if the project that we thought was in place is still there.

"It would be a big, big blow (for Dovizioso to be dropped) and I can't predict the reaction of the rider," he said.

Pedrosa, who has been with Honda throughout his career, is in the best form of his life.

The 24-year-old is currently second in the title race behind compatriot Jorge Lorenzo and said he was delighted to sign a new contract.

"This has been the team of my dreams since I was a kid and that's still the same feeling I have now," said Pedrosa, who will be chasing a third successive win this season in Sunday's Grand Prix of Aragon.

"Over many years we have built up a very strong relationship and have enjoyed the successes and faced the difficulties together."

Stoner, meanwhile, is yet to win a race this season, the 2007 world champion struggling with handling problems and some self-inflicted setbacks.

He remains highly rated but will face a major challenge in 2011 to outpace Pedrosa, a rider who has stepped up dramatically and has always been comfortable on the Honda.

wotaday.com.au

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Would much rather have the current Honda line-up of Pedrosa and Dovi - can't stand Stoner.
    Forza Jules

Would much rather have the current Honda line-up of Pedrosa and Dovi - can't stand Stoner.

Don't like him a whole lot, either. I cut him slack because he brought us our only Championships.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Ducati look strong in QP.

When is Q?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Ducati look strong in QP.

When is Q?

On Sunday, no?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quali was this afternoon- Stoner, Lorenzo, Pedrosa in first row.
    Rossi 7th.........
    Sad there are only 16 bikes this weekend........
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

best race of the season so far (especially if you're a Ducati fan )

well done Casey and Nicky

Briiliant ride by Stoner. If he can maintain this form, Ducati just could get the Constructors

Hayden--attaboy! I think I soiled myself when he pulled off the pass on the final lap

FORZA DUCATI

Decent ride by Rossi, as well

Alcaņiz, Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pos. Points Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time/Gap
    1 25 27 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Team Ducati 165.8 42'16.530
    2 20 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 165.4 +5.148
    3 16 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 165.1 +9.496
    4 13 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 165.1 +9.580
    5 11 11 Ben SPIES USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 164.9 +13.771
    6 10 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 164.0 +27.330
    7 9 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 163.9 +28.511
    8 8 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 163.5 +35.254
    9 7 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 163.5 +35.393
    10 6 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 163.5 +35.467
    11 5 40 Hector BARBERA SPA Paginas Amarillas Aspar Ducati 163.5 +35.522
    12 4 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 162.8 +45.360
    13 3 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN Interwetten Honda MotoGP Honda 162.7 +48.319
    14 2 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Pramac Racing Team Ducati 162.1 +58.047
    Not Classified
    4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 164.9 1 Lap
    14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 163.3 8 Laps

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Nice ride by Iannone in Moto2

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

MotoGP Team Standings

1. FIAT Yamaha Team 425
    2. Repsol Honda Team 367
    3. Ducati Marlboro Team 280
    4. Monster Yamaha Tech3 201
    5. San Carlo Honda Gresini 148
    6. LCR Honda MotoGP 81
    7. Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 41
    8. Pramac Racing Team 33
    9. Interwetten Honda MotoGP 15

MotoGP Rider Standings:

[1 Jorge Lorenzo 20 25 25 20 25 25 25 20 25 25 16 20 13 284
    2 Dani Pedrosa 9 20 11 25 8 20 20 25 0 20 25 25 20 228
    3 Casey Stoner 0 11 0 13 11 16 16 16 20 16 0 11 25 155
    4 Valentino Rossi 25 16 20 0 0 0 0 13 16 11 13 16 10 140
    5 Andrea Dovizioso 16 10 16 16 20 11 2 11 13 0 11 13 0 139
    6 Ben Spies 11 0 0 9 16 13 10 8 10 13 20 10 11 131
    7 Nicky Hayden 13 13 13 0 13 9 8 9 11 10 10 0 16 125
    8 Randy de Puniet 10 7 9 10 10 10 13 0 0 6 3 3 0 81
    9 Marco Melandri 3 8 10 11 0 0 7 6 8 8 0 6 7 74
    10 Marco Simoncelli 5 5 6 7 9 7 0 10 0 5 9 2 9 74
    11 Colin Edwards 8 4 4 3 7 8 5 0 9 9 0 9 4 70
    12 Hector Barbera 4 3 8 4 5 4 6 7 0 7 6 7 5 66
    13 Aleix Espargaro 0 1 7 8 6 6 0 0 0 4 7 5 6 50
    14 Alvaro Bautista 0 6 0 2 4 2 11 0 0 0 8 8 8 49
    15 Loris Capirossi 7 0 0 6 0 3 9 5 6 0 5 0 0 41
    16 Mika Kallio 0 9 3 0 3 5 4 0 7 0 0 0 2 33
    17 Hiroshi Aoyama 6 2 5 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 4 3 29
    18 Alex de Angelis 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 4 3 0 0 0 11
    19 Roger Lee Hayden 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 5
    20 Kousuke Akiyoshi 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 4
    21 Wataru Yoshikawa 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Rossi to miss the last 2 races?

Valentino Rossi may decide to miss the last two races of the 2010 MotoGP season in order to undergo early surgery on his shoulder.

The Italian has battled with the ligament damage ever since round two of the championship, having hurt his back in a motocross training accident shortly after winning round one of the season.

Rossi, who has since recovered from a broken leg, continues to be hampered by the injury and finished an off-pace sixth at Aragon on Sunday - his worst result of the year.

The Italian, who is leaving Yamaha for Ducati next season, will now use the forthcoming flyaway rounds in Japan, Malaysia and Australia to decide if he should see out the season or head for surgery early.

Rossi is fourth in the world championship and cannot be champion this year, although he retains a mathematical chance of second place.

goal.com

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus