Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari fined and summoned to WMSC after German GP team orders

Ferrari fined and summoned to WMSC after German GP team orders

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8852918.stm

Ferrari bosses have been called to the race stewards after explicitly denying using team orders to change the result of the German Grand Prix.

Felipe Massa, who was leading the race, slowed down on lap 49 to allow winner and team-mate Fernando Alonso to pass.

Communications director Luca Colajanni said afterwards that the incident was "a driver decision".

"We didn't give any instruction at all. I don't think anything wrong has been done, or regulation breached."

Colajanni added: "Fernando was slightly quicker at that stage, and we informed the drivers."
    Great, from what should have been a massive celebration of a major come back and a one-two victory, I am first made to feel uncomfortable with the way the Team Order was given and now we might have all the points taken off us.
    Ferrari have even messed up an emphatic victory, what a bloody horrible season after another horrible season

Indeed the way it was handled was clumsy at best. But still they don't have any way to prove there was wrongdoing so apart from the bad publicity I don't think they can do anything about it. And if they do, there could be hell to pay for it if Ferrari proves it would be an illegal penalty.

listening to the guys on the red button look like ferrari could get a fine for what has happened...

I would safely bet that if this had happened with Mcca or RB- we would have heard absoltuely nothing about it. Zero. Zilch.

But two quick Ferrari's are too threatening. They will find something to keep them in check.

Fernando Alonso is insisting he has no clue why he was able to overtake team-mate Felipe Massa so easily to claim the German GP victory.

Gaining on his team-mate in the aftermath of their pit stops, Massa did an exactly job keeping the Spaniard at bay, much to Alonso's frustration. "This is ridiculous," he said over the team radio.

However, Massa proved it wasn't by putting in a spate of fastest laps to etch out a lead of almost three seconds over Alonso.

But when that lead began to falter and was down to just under a second, Massa was asked over the team radio if he "understood" that "Fernando is faster than you".

He did as he moved aside to let the double World Champ take the lead off him, which Alonso held through to the chequered flag.

The Spaniard, though, is adamant he had no idea what was going on.

"Well I think I don't know what happened. I saw Felipe a little bit slow and I took the opportunity," he said.

"I think some times you are quick, some times you are slow, depending on what stage your tyres are, some parts maybe I was quicker than him, some parts he was pulling away from Sebastian and me.

"It's difficult to judge."

But whatever backlash Ferrari now face, it was still a great weekend the team, who showed certain signs of improvement.

"I think it was a good weekend. We did improve the car a lot, immediately from Friday we felt very competitive. All the set-up adjustments worked well, we know some circuits it will be better others worse," said Alonso.

"But a good result for the team, top three in qualifying, top two in the race. A good performance from the team, hopefully next weekend in Hungary I can do it again."

Driver decision??

Funny how Alonso didnt know how he got past Massa.....

How would Alonso know? the radio went to Massa not Alonso, he thought Massa had a problem
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    I would safely bet that if this had happened with Mcca or RB- we would have heard absoltuely nothing about it. Zero. Zilch.

But two quick Ferrari's are too threatening. They will find something to keep them in check.
    you could be right there,

Don't be naive. He knew exactly what happened when Massa parked his car on the side of the road.
    http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3536_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by justjesper View Post
    Don't be naive. He knew exactly what happened when Massa parked his car on the side of the road.
    Parked? he slowed out of a corner like he could have a problem, but keep up your Alonso hatred it really suits you
    Forza Ferrari

Alonso benefited from the team order but nothing was relayed to him that it was about to happen, Alonso would have just taken the place as his team mate slowed down, the fustration is with the team NOT an opportunity to bash Alonso for what the team did for him.
    Why did Vettel get the new front wing? because he had more points said the team principle, so that's that then!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    How would Alonso know? the radio went to Massa not Alonso, he thought Massa had a problem
    I am guessing then Michael 's overtake of Rubens in Austria 2002 and 2003 was that because Rubens had a problem just before the finish line??So was Kimi's in China 2008 when Massa overtook him

But, why was Alonso saying its ridiculous?? Was Massa being ahead of him ridiculous???

A resigned Felipe Massa summed up his German GP best when he told the post-race press conference "pass please", which is pretty much what Ferrari told him.

Leading his team-mate Fernando Alonso for 49 laps of Sunday's 67-lap grand prix, Massa finally got the call from Ferrari to allow the Spaniard, who was right on his rear wing, by.

Rob Smedley told the Brazilian: "So Fernando is faster than you? Can you confirm you understand that message?"

And he did.

Massa slowed down at Turn Six - and rather blatantly slowed down - to let Alonso by, which was followed by a "sorry" from Smedley.

But given that team orders are banned in Formula One, there was no way either driver, who did everything but celebrate on the podium, was willing to admit to using them in the post-race press conference.

Asked 'what happened' that he let his team-mate into the lead, Massa said: "I don't think I need to say anything about that."

Pressed on the subject as to whether he had made a mistake, he responded: "Pass please."

But, playing the team game, Massa did concede that "the best you can do is first and second so as a team we achieved the best result possible".

However, one can only imagine how badly Massa, a year to the day after suffering life-threatening injuries, wanted that 'first' to have his name alongside it.

Maybe few of us here are so naive that believe Fernando didnt know what was going on... he was having a conversation with team for few laps before the order was handed. I think the tone of that conversation is clear now. He was right about he needed those points more than Massa, but clearly they were pretty much on the same pace. It was awful to hear him screaming im a lot faster, when it clearly wasnt the case.

Alonso is a baby
    http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3536_1.gif

Hmm...wonder why Rob smedley apologised for Massa 's mistake???

Quote Originally Posted by mad_ani View Post
    Hmm...wonder why Rob smedley apologised for Massa 's mistake???
    Supposedly he was 'sorry' for him not doing well with his tyres etc. (according to Stefano)
    "I don't want to be treated as special because I'm not. I just drive a racing car round in circles a bit faster than everyone else." Michael Schumacher

I think this win of FA stinks !!!!!!!!!!!!! Massa was the winner in my eyes. I am very unhappy with what Ferrari did today to their driver....In my eyes that win belongs to Massa.
    "Michael showed that he is the greatest. He stole the show today. And he did that without even winning the race." comments from Willi Weber
    D:\estelle\My Folders\F1 Photos\Avitars\e960c1b2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by justjesper View Post
    Alonso is a baby
    Really? Where, when? For me the biggest crybabies are the ones who are constantly complaining about one of our drivers

NobleF1

Ferrari has been fined $100,000 and referred to the World Motor Sport Council for team orders and bringing sport into disrepute

Forza Ferrari! ~ Sempre Ferrari!

NobleF1 Ferrari has been fined $100,000 and referred to the World Motor Sport Council for team orders and bringing sport into disrepute

Quote Originally Posted by Julie B View Post
    Supposedly he was 'sorry' for him not doing well with his tyres etc. (according to Stefano)
    Did Rob say that on the last 8 ocassions???

maybe they will give us a reprimand to open our account in the reprimand count thread
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by Julie B View Post
    Did Rob say that on the last 8 ocassions???

Good grief. Can't wait for Maccfans and Kimibots and Alonso- haters for storming this place and cry *shame* all over.

How sad the FIA are.

Let's hope they call McLaren for telling their drivers to hold station in Turkey and Hockenheim and for every other team who has ever given an order to either switch position or to hold one.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    How sad the FIA are.

Let's hope they call McLaren for telling their drivers to hold station in Turkey and Hockenheim and for every other team who has ever given an order to either switch position or to hold one.

Pathetic.
    Maybe even now people will not believe what is so blanatly obvious: we are on the black list of FIA.

Really? Where, when? For me the biggest crybabies are the ones who are constantly complaining about one of our drivers

I agree with justjester !!!!!
    "Michael showed that he is the greatest. He stole the show today. And he did that without even winning the race." comments from Willi Weber
    D:\estelle\My Folders\F1 Photos\Avitars\e960c1b2.jpg

Let Massa pay the fine! Thank you Massa for what you have done! Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_gal View Post

I agree with justjester !!!!!
    You can agree as much as you want. Bashing one of our drivers won't change a thing.

Good grief. Can't wait for Maccfans and Kimibots and Alonso- haters for storming this place and cry *shame* all over.
    and they can still be Ferrari fans...as they have been for a looong time