Thread: Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari: Specs and price, astonishing

Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari: Specs and price, astonishing

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/...e-astonishing/

When the first Fiat 500 Abarth was released we were all shocked at how nice and sporty it all was – yes it had a higher price tag than the standard version, but most agreed that it was worth it. However, the new Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari is a little over the top, as its price tag is an astonishing $47,000 (£29,600).

So what is on the car that makes it worth the price, apart from the Prancing Horse? There will only be 152 units made, so will be very exclusive and will have a bunch of Ferrari’s livery, such as wing mirrors, front air intakes a Corsa Grey wheels all made from carbon.

The power is where its at though, the 1368cc turbocharged engine can produce 180 horsepower and reach 0 to 62mph in just seven seconds, and an reach 140mph. Even better, the Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari will achieve a combined 43.3mpg.

Some of the top spec features include: five airbags, ESP, TTC, Xenon headlights, Sport button for extra performance, and much more. One other thing, the small yet nippy car comes with those flappy paddles on the steering wheel, you know the ones used on the Ferrari’s. For more details read the full press release via Autoblog

Is the Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari worth $47,000?
    I remember watching the film CARS where the little FIAT 500 was a big fan of Ferrari, I never thought I would see a FIAT 500 that cost more than a second hand Ferrari 348!!!!! http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1500?logcode=p

Last edited by steelstallions; 5th August 2010 at 22:20.

Yea, that is truly awesome.

I was pretty close to attempting to buy an Abarth 500 Esseesse last week. This blows it away. Price tag is ridiculous though.

Don't think its worth that much, maybe $30,000 but sure would like to own one. Had heard stories of a 500 in Ferrari red that was to be available to Ferrari owners when their car was being serviced. No info on the specs or if available for general sale. Any info available on this?
    Last edited by DINO 246; 4th June 2011 at 21:13. Reason: left word out

Its killer..

That is a stupid car.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacquesvw View Post
    That is a stupid car.
    Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but as someone who cannot purchase a Ferrari its appealing.

If the 4 cylinder Ferrari engined ASA 1000 were around today, I would buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by DINO 246 View Post
    Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but as someone who cannot purchase a Ferrari its appealing.

If the 4 cylinder Ferrari engined ASA 1000 were around today, I would buy one.
    Off course I see your point and I guess the concept will work in the civilized world like Europe and even America. But that price is just crazy and thats why I rejected it from my shopping list.
    Don't get me wrong I like the look allot, but I think this is just an expensive way to imagine you drive a mini ferrari.

Personally I will rather keep dreaming of owning a real Ferrari than buying this and being disappointed.

I've been to Europe and always spend a lot of time appreciating the vast assortment of sporty coupes available. I have no knowledge of SA as to what is available for the average car driver. But here in the US sporty coupes are hard to find, we basically have a choice of out dated muscle cars originally developed in the 60's, boring but reliable Japanese coupes, and the new Mini. With our rising fuel costs, this little Fiat with the remotest connection to Ferrari is very appealing. There are rumors that Alfa may return to our shores in a few years, but we can only dream of the 4C concept!

Quote Originally Posted by DINO 246 View Post
    I've been to Europe and always spend a lot of time appreciating the vast assortment of sporty coupes available. I have no knowledge of SA as to what is available for the average car driver. But here in the US sporty coupes are hard to find, we basically have a choice of out dated muscle cars originally developed in the 60's, boring but reliable Japanese coupes, and the new Mini. With our rising fuel costs, this little Fiat with the remotest connection to Ferrari is very appealing. There are rumors that Alfa may return to our shores in a few years, but we can only dream of the 4C concept!
    In South Africa we basically get everything you can buy in Europe, but it's the Japanese cars doing well here. In the cities you will obviously find more of the smaller cars that is poplar in Europe. But where I live it's only Toyota's... in fact we have 4 Toyotas and 1 Nissan. I've never seen a Fiat 500, but I guess it's because we have no drivable roads anyway. My everyday car is a SUV or pickup because nothing else will cope with the poor conditions.

I would love to buy a ferrari, but unless they bring out a 4x4 SUV I don't see myself getting one just to drive down a pothole and damaging it. This is what I'm talking about:

Last edited by Jacquesvw; 22nd June 2011 at 16:24.

Maserati is planning an SUV..... possiblywith a Hemi engine. Bout as close to a Ferrari SUV as you'll get.

Ferrari suv? Didnt you guys see the new all wheel drive Ferrari? It IS a Ferrari suv...

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Ferrari suv? Didn't you guys see the new all wheel drive Ferrari? It IS a Ferrari suv...
    From pictures I've seen the FF doesn't seem to have as much clearance as a performance SUV like the Porsche. But then who wants a Porsche anyway! I hope Ferrari never builds an SUV, and that the Maser one is only a rumor.