Thread: Twin-turbo Ferrari Enzo

Twin-turbo Ferrari Enzo

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...s-ar95270.html

Only days after we talked about this mammoth piece of machinery, the twin-turbo Ferrari Enzo finally made its way to the Bonneville Salt Flats where, predictably, it turned quite a favorable number of heads as it made a couple of test runs.

If you remember, this particular Enzo actually crashed a few years ago while it was participating in a rally. Not content in seeing his pride and joy go to waste, the car’s owner, Richard Losee, decided to make the most of a bad thing and completely restore his supercar back to its former road-pouncing capabilities. Actually, Losee did more than just restore his Enzo; he went as far as upgrading the car’s already loaded specs, turning it from a 652 horsepower thoroughbred into an 850 horsepower rocket.

With the Enzo now fully-restored and blasting from all cylinders – 12, actually – Losee went out and brought to the annual Bonneville Speed Week to show off just how far a wrecked supercar can go from a heap into something more powerful than its original incarnation. Sure, it helps to have loads of money to spare, but as evidenced by the twin-turbo Enzo’s run at Bonneville, money shouldn’t be an issue if the car can blast off from the starting block as fast as this supercar did at Bonneville.
    http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...k-ar95186.html

Now his stock 6.0 liter V12 engine produces a staggering 850hp while a standard Enzo
    only produces 651hp. Can we say, "Upgrade?"

Next to the engine upgrade, this Enzo also gets slimmer tires, an aerodynamics-enhancing carbon-fiber nose, and a lowered suspension. The car’s new nose will help it be aerodynamically stable at speeds of around 300 mph (483 km/h). As of right now, no one has confirmed the turbocharged Enzo’s top speed, but we are thinking it will be plenty higher than the 217mph delivered with a standard Enzo.

thats a MONSTER!!!!!!!

That is UGLY. This makes me incredibly sad.

its very superb

I agree, ugly car. ZR Auto here in canada did a twin turbo Enzo with an FXX inspired body kit. Supposedly it has gone 390 kph (242), but I honestly doubt it. This car wont come anywhere close to 300 mph. Also, to be honest I think a 200 bhp increase in power with a twin turbo kit is pretty weak. There are twin turbo Gallardo's with 1000, 1200, even 1500 bhp.