Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Robert Kubica: Updates on his recovery

I`d really like to see him back in F1, if he returned this year it would certainly be one of the best comebacks ever
    Forza Ferrari!
    CHELSEA FC 2009-2010 & 2014-2015 CHAMPIONS !
    "I am so proud about the people around who support me more than ever, more than 100 percent, much more than I expected" Go Felipe !

Quote Originally Posted by m schumy View Post
    I`d really like to see him back in F1, if he returned this year it would certainly be one of the best comebacks ever
    Agreed. I for one would love to see him back at the wheel so that moving chicane Heifield retires for good!

Quote Originally Posted by de Portago View Post
    Agreed. I for one would love to see him back at the wheel so that moving chicane Heifield retires for good!

Well said
    Forza Ferrari!
    CHELSEA FC 2009-2010 & 2014-2015 CHAMPIONS !
    "I am so proud about the people around who support me more than ever, more than 100 percent, much more than I expected" Go Felipe !

I wasn't aware Heidfeld had a rep as a 'moving chicane'. Was this before or after he went from 24th to 8th in Spain?
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    I wasn't aware Heidfeld had a rep as a 'moving chicane'. Was this before or after he went from 24th to 8th in Spain?
    Everyone is entitled to the race of his life. But I'll give you two hints: 1) He's making a plonker like Petrov look good and 2) He has the doubtful record of the highest number of F1 races ever entered without winning one.

i couldn't have said it better
    not gonna change my profile picture

There saying he might be coming back for the final race.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92342

His manager says that it is possible for him to race in Interlagos this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    His manager says that it is possible for him to race in Interlagos this year.

Thats what i said above..

2011 FIA Formula One World Championship Race Calendar01
    19 FORMULA 1 GRANDE PRĘMIO PETROBRAS DO BRASIL 2011 (Sao Paulo) 25 - 27 Nov

His manager is saying a lot of things but imho you can forget about that. Of course, he has to say such things to keep Kubica in the plan for F1, thats his task. Anything else has to be pure speculations. For me he looks like an invalid on the pictures and on the video.

His right arm scar looks nasty

from seeing that vid he wont be back next year Sadly and Renault Lotus what ever the name of the team better start getting a REAL diver in coz this years car is Faster than the 2 number 2 drivers driving it .IMO think the car if driven by Kubica or another Top driver would be at least 0.5 secs faster.

I would be very very surprised if he makes it this year. But, sadly, even if I like to be optimistic, somehow just don't see this happening. He may never be back to the competitive level...

i would be surprised if he ever steps in a f1 car again. i'm not trying to be pessimistic, but i really don't believe we will see him driving in f1
    not gonna change my profile picture

I am not a doctor, but looking at these pics, I feel he is recovering very well. His left hand & feet are looking a lot “normal”, it seems senses are no issue, it’s just about getting the strength in his right hand & overall recovery. I am not sure about his return this year but saying he will never return in F1 is too pessimistic

I think his progress is amazing, he's already driving a car and has full hand functionality and it would not surprise me in the least if joins Alonso next year at Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonAwesome View Post
    I think his progress is amazing, he's already driving a car and has full hand functionality and it would not surprise me in the least if joins Alonso next year at Ferrari.
    Yeah ok I think the car maybe had left hand drive
    Forza Ferrari

All these pics and video do is make you realise how lucky the guy is to be here at all. Forza to you Bob. Hope you make it back into racing.

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

wow. i think his wrists look pretty weak, but apart from that, he looks better. dint know about an F1 return, but at least he looks to be having a normal life.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

MBrundleF1 Martin Brundle
    Robert Kubica can move right wrist but not yet fingers or elbow. He's remembering Spa quali 2010 driving 70% of lap with one hand on F duct
    Wasn't there some article where someone said he was already holding a pen with that hand?

Pretty nasty .

It's coming to the time of year when driver contracts are starting to be negotiated, I wonder if some concrete news will come out about whether Robert can race again - Renault are going to have to start thinking about their line-up for next year, assuming Robert had a 2012 contract with them in the first place.
    Can anyone see him being back at the beginning of 2012? I'm really not sure
    Forza Jules

For Kubica to start 2012 season, he needs to be fit by the time winter testing begins, which in my opinion looks a bit dicey. And I think it will be a tough call for Renault to draft him mid-season in the cockpit of a car he has never tested before..... Having said that, these days Flavio predicts many things correctly , so I am positive to see Bobby back in F1 very soon

Lets wish him the greatest comeback* and a drive next to his pal Fernando in the near future! This two in a competitive Ferrari car would kick some butts and they would have so much fun doing it as well, it would be so awesome

* with full physical and mental capabilities (putting a lot more emphasis on the mental though, you never comeback without mental scares from a near death crash)

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

I reckon we will see Kube back in F1 but I cannot see it this year. Not sure what his position is at Renault as the team boss has always sounded so negative about his recovery. Hope I am reading him wrong.
    Kube is such a tough guy I reckon he will make it back to F1 through sheer determination and will power.
    As regards a move to Ferrari I am not sure that would work unless the situation with the drivers is the same as that with Kimi & Massa.

Forza Jules

Kubica expects to be just as quick when he returns

Robert Kubica is continuing to make a strong recovery from his horrific rally accident earlier this year and expects to be on the pace when he finally returns to Formula One.

There is still no concrete date for Kubica's return, but his rehabilitation is progressing nicely and he intends to be back in an F1 car by next year at the latest. In a Q&A with fans on the Renault website, he revealed that he was recovering well.

"Mentally, no problem at all," he said when asked how he is feeling. "Physically, I am still a bit weak but my general condition is quite good. My weight has now returned to its normal level and for a few weeks I've been able to walk without help. All in all I feel pretty well."

He added: "I am satisfied with how things are proceeding. The improvement is in line with the expectations, and luckily there are no complications that could affect the recovery time. It is still too early to have a clear picture for the timing of my return but the important thing is the final outcome not the hurry."

Asked if he would return stronger, Kubica said: "Let's hope so! But in reality I don't see why, because I think I will be back exactly the way I was."

As for whether the accident affected his racing psyche, he added: "I don't have any memory of the accident, and I am just aware of the consequences it had. So, to me, it's as if it never happened."

Renault boss Eric Boullier recently said Kubica's race seat is open to him whenever he is ready, be it this year or next year, and Kubica is looking forward to his return to the team.

"I'm a Lotus Renault GP driver," he said. "Of course, I'm missing not being able to drive this season but I feel that my job in Enstone isn't finished yet."

ESPNF1

It's good to hear that his team boss has kept his seat open for his return whether it's this year or next. (I cannot see it being this year)
    He did appear lukewarm in a report I read.

Forza Jules