Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Robert Kubica: Updates on his recovery

His hand doesn't seem great, but he's alive and still able to take part in motorsport, like today's rally. I think considering the severity of his injuries, that's an achievement.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post
    Oh man. Is that recent?

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102374

Robert Kubica still hopes that he will be fit enough to return to Formula 1 in the future - but admits he still has a long way to go before he will know if that target is achievable.

The Pole is returning to competitive action this weekend in a Subaru WRC car at the Ronde Gomitolo di Lana Rally in Italy, which he sees as an important step in his rehabilitation programme.

Although well aware that he has not yet recovered enough function in his wrist to be able to drive an F1 car, Kubica has faith that matters will improve in the future.

"Obviously I would have preferred to come back somewhere else, but this is a more active phase in my rehabilitation path," he said in an interview with Italian television channel SkySport24.

"The hope is to be able to return where I was before [F1], and it's already a nice goal for me. But to be here in Biella is obviously emotional after 20-21 difficult months.

"Let's hope we can enjoy ourselves, without looking at stage times because in the end it's a matter of re-establishing the way of driving and helping the arm to recover better.

"Having been a driver for 20 years, my body is accustomed to certain things, and I can feel these things only while I drive, so we'll see."

Speaking specifically about his chances of making a return to F1, Kubica said: "I haven't set any percentages or deadlines for myself. Nowadays, as I said before, I'm happy to be here.

"In life sometimes you have to be content with less than what you would really like; and that time is now. However I say I'm happy to be here, I think it's a fine goal.

"I can't tell you what the future holds because I don't honestly know myself.

"Obviously I will do everything in order to be in full activity next year. These months I will decide what I will do, because I've done various tests on the track with high-performance cars, but I need to decide myself what to do, what I would like best, and see whether the F1 objective is reachable or not.

"For sure what I'm doing next year will be with a view on the future, maybe 2014, but honestly I'm not thinking of it.

"What's certain is that I'm participating here, at the Ronde Gomitolo di Lana, and then there's an 85-90 per cent chance I'll be at the start at San Martino di Castrozza with the same car [next weekend], and then we'll see."
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    Oh man. Is that recent?
    No, I think have a few months at least...

I hope that one day this guy will be on the top of the podium again, this time dressed in red.
    Meanwhile, it either says something or just nothing that Alonso, Schumacher and Raikkonen have reputedly spared a F1 podium on five occasions and Fernando has stood on the top step on every occasion. He's F1's first among equals. (PG)

Quote Originally Posted by M.K View Post
    I hope that one day this guy will be on the top of the podium again, this time dressed in red.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post
    No, I think have a few months at least...
    Oh, ok, thanks. Still, it doesn't look much better now from the way he is carrying it. A shame.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

He is a much loved Driver and we would all hope that he is able to return. His Doctors did an Amazing job of putting him back together. It is very encouraging that he is returning to racing and his is getting fitter. Positive thoughts!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Kubica admits road was leading to Ferrari
    http://www.inautonews.com/kubica-adm...i#.UExodaRAb88

"Finally, Kubica seemed to confirm rumours that – pre-accident – he was the favourite to replace Felipe Massa, lining up at Ferrari with his friend Fernando Alonso.
    “Myself and Alonso would have been a great pair in Ferrari,” he said, “but life has (instead) been a bit different”

Yesterday:

Robert is on it! He won 1st and 2nd stage of rally in Biella and opened the gap to 18 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He only needs to look at Zanardi for inspiration.
    +1
    Absolutely.

Wow. That's some impressive achievement
    I hope it won't be long until we see him back in a F1 car.

Well he is looking very quick in the rally car. If not 2013 then definitely 2014, I want to see him in Red overalls. He was one of my favourite from the first race he drove. He is still now one of my favourite. If Robert is there, who wants any other driver if Felipe leaves.

“Myself and Alonso would have been a great pair in Ferrari,” he said, “but life has (instead) been a bit different.”

apparently he won it
    https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/sta...845891/photo/1
    very nice to hear that
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    apparently he won it
    https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/sta...845891/photo/1
    very nice to hear that
    He did indeed. Quite an effort for his first real racing weekend.

Forza Ferrari

It would be interesting to see his arms/hands. I would think he is doing a good deal of steering and is that is holding up, who knows? Of course a 6 minute rally stage can't compare to a 2 hour F1 race but it's a start! Great to see!

welldone robert hope we see you in an f1 car soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gould View Post
    It would be interesting to see his arms/hands. I would think he is doing a good deal of steering and is that is holding up, who knows? Of course a 6 minute rally stage can't compare to a 2 hour F1 race but it's a start! Great to see!
    In some respects the rallye car is more difficult than an F1 car. Granted a special stage is not 2 hours long, but Robert must do some pretty violent steering in a car that is heavier than an F1 car, and he shifts and pulls the e-brake lever with his damaged right arm. Let's hope that he continues to compete whether it is in F1 or some other venue. Robert is good for the sport.

"It's not about how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up"

RIP Marco Simoncelli and Dan Wheldon

Oh, my!!! It looks like Kubica's comeback isn't quite "here"!!

http://robertscomeback.blogspot.ca/2...-live.html?m=1

San Martino di Castrozza rally - Kubica's car:

Well this can happen to any one, the important stuff is that he and co-driver are unhurt and that he is still fast!

Well done Robert!

To be honest, I think its really impressive that he is pushing hard enough to have an accident... I can't imagine hopping straight back into a rally car to start my recovery and going full tilt...

If he can rally he can F1 drive.... he'll make it back to F1! Nando we'll get him a few tries on Maranello I'm sure!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

to be honest, i don't think it's very wise from him to rally again. he's had how many serious accidents in last 5 years? i'm happy that he is okay, but this looks more like suicidal
    not gonna change my profile picture

This is pretty stupid of him and he's not thinking right, or maybe not thinking at all. I'm beginning to question his thinking or reason to rally again? There are other ways to get back up to speed and this isn't one of them.

Year 2000: R.I.P Formula 1

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    to be honest, i don't think it's very wise from him to rally again. he's had how many serious accidents in last 5 years? i'm happy that he is okay, but this looks more like suicidal
    I thought that too actually. He barely suvived a heavy crash- reminds me of DC answering the question of a journalist if he had any 'brain damage' from his accident, and DC said 'i drive in circles as fast as i can risking my life. Of course i have a brain damage'

He probably loves rallying and Formula 1 more than anything else, which may contribute to his decision to return to racing through rallying (obviously F1 is not possible at this point),