Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 661 to 690 of 712

Thread: Robert Kubica: Updates on his recovery

  1. #661
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    And? Stroll still had to deliver the results on track, which in lower formule, he did. He hasnt had a bad F1 season either. Why does Stroll deserve to have negative comments about him? just because his family rich, and his dad has been able to speed money on his son to give his son the career and dream he has always wanted? thats just a father doing right. As i said, Stroll whatever backing Stroll got, he still got to back up his corner with track talent. Any team or has a weak driver, will get rid of them no matter how much backing they bring, its not good for racing, not got for business, not good for attracting new sponsors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Thing is no company will bother financing a racer if he's not good and they don't believe he can deliver. Stroll is a different story because the financial backing comes from his father.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I also believe Stroll had a good year for a rookie and looks like his father made a good investment in his son.

    Totally get the mega rich son and dad ideology/hobby....I would do the same but differently but Lawrence Stroll has a type A personality; so much so that I bet he wanted his son in a Ferrari seat given Stroll Sr. owns a collection of vintage and modern Ferrari's and owns a Ferrari dealership and put his son in the FDA. That said, Ferrari said...NO!!!!

    The take away is the detriment to Williams over the term of the contract with Stroll Sr. Yes, Williams needs the money but in turn do they also lose money due to their drivers. Massa is not the Massa of old and Stroll, IMO, is not racing but driving a car which I consider given the Mercedes engine and Paddy Lowe could beat the Pink Panthers in overall pts. Williams is the new Sauber IMO and only the next 2 more seasons will tell if they made the right decision with Stroll and possibly Sirotkin....we will know Friday who the second driver is.

  2. #662
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I also believe Stroll had a good year for a rookie and looks like his father made a good investment in his son.
    Dude... You poked fun at some of us anticipating Leclerc, and then you say that Stroll had a good year for a rookie? Are you a contrarian?

    Leclerc's father passed right before Baku and Leclerc wins the GP. Stroll's father buys his son a seat and he couldn't top a post-retirement victory lap/favor for Frank Felipe Massa.


    Disappointed Since 2010

  3. #663
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Dude... You poked fun at some of us anticipating Leclerc, and then you say that Stroll had a good year for a rookie? Are you a contrarian?

    Leclerc's father passed right before Baku and Leclerc wins the GP. Stroll's father buys his son a seat and he couldn't top a post-retirement victory lap/favor for Frank Felipe Massa.
    Dude, Stroll was not terrible as some fans here suggest. He managed a point or two here and there. Being cursed with a Billionaire father is not his fault! Of all the things he could choose to do , he picked driving F1. If he ever gets the same chance Bottas got from Williams to Merc or say Ferrari, he may very well come in 3rd or 4th behind Leclerc!!! BTW, who is Frank ? I just looked up the word "Contrarian"! Nope. I just believe F2 is not F1. If anyone, I believe Max is the future F1 main man. O well I guess " does apply!

  4. #664
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Dude, Stroll was not terrible as some fans here suggest. He managed a point or two here and there. Being cursed with a Billionaire father is not his fault! Of all the things he could choose to do , he picked driving F1. If he ever gets the same chance Bottas got from Williams to Merc or say Ferrari, he may very well come in 3rd or 4th behind Leclerc!!! BTW, who is Frank ? I just looked up the word "Contrarian"! Nope. I just believe F2 is not F1. If anyone, I believe Max is the future F1 main man. O well I guess " does apply!
    Whether his dad is loaded or whether he chose this path for himself is irrelevant. He's just another talentless pay driver who had his seat bought. He will never get the opportunity to drive for Ferrari, Mercedes, or Red Bull, because those teams require top shelf talent.

    Felipe Massa's one-off return was done as a favor to Sir Frank Williams.

    I just don't understand how a Ferrari forum member can defend Stroll, and dismiss the talented and dominant F2 Champ who is a homegrown product.

    http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsp...f35ed00d3cd86b


    Disappointed Since 2010

  5. #665
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Whether his dad is loaded or whether he chose this path for himself is irrelevant. He's just another talentless pay driver who had his seat bought. He will never get the opportunity to drive for Ferrari, Mercedes, or Red Bull, because those teams require top shelf talent.

    Felipe Massa's one-off return was done as a favor to Sir Frank Williams.

    I just don't understand how a Ferrari forum member can defend Stroll, and dismiss the talented and dominant F2 Champ who is a homegrown product.

    http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsp...f35ed00d3cd86b
    F2 is not F1 ! Stroll is alive and well after his F1 year, even scoring points. How F1 forum members dismiss an already F1 driver for a F2 rising star is indeed hard to understand. Leclerc has even surpassed Shumy here as the most popular F1 driver. True, he hasn't lost a race yet in F1, so maybe he does deserve all the praise. Also , RB is already loaded, but if papa Stroll waves a few million $$$ in front of the Ferrari bosses, he may very well get even Seb's seat. F1 is all about $$. I can't agree with you that being loaded and willing to spend; is as you say "Irrelevent." As far as Williams goes, forget Frank, Clair knows how to run her team. Bottas to Merc was a great move engine & $$ wise.
    Last edited by Brembo; 14th December 2017 at 00:41.

  6. #666
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    F2 is not F1 ! Stroll is alive and well after his F1 year, even scoring points. How F1 forum members dismiss an already F1 driver for a F2 rising star is indeed hard to understand. Leclerc has even surpassed Shumy here as the most popular F1 driver. True, he hasn't lost a race yet in F1, so maybe he does deserve all the praise. Also , RB is already loaded, but if papa Stroll waves a few million $$$ in front of the Ferrari bosses, he may very well get even Seb's seat. F1 is all about $$. I can't agree with you that being loaded and willing to spend; is as you say "Irrelevent." As far as Williams goes, forget Frank, Clair knows how to run her team. Bottas to Merc was a great move engine & $$ wise.
    I knew Max was going to be a future star before coming to F1. The hype was everywhere. The same goes for Leclerc, watching him dominate everyone in great style is an indication of a future star.

  7. #667
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    How F1 forum members dismiss an already F1 driver for a F2 rising star is indeed hard to understand.
    I am unsure what is so hard to understand about the notion that Stroll’s seat is the result of nepotism, not talent. Do you really believe he deserves to compete in what is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsports, compared to the Formula 2 Champion?


    Disappointed Since 2010

  8. #668
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,500
    Next year we’ll see how good Lecerc is. Not huge hopes from Alfa Romeo Sauber, although talent is visible even with lemon cars
    “I prefer to beat them on Sunday” -Fernando Alonso, Press Conference Korean GP 2010

    "Giornata fantastica !!"- Andrea Stella, European GP 2012


  9. #669
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I am unsure what is so hard to understand about the notion that Stroll’s seat is the result of nepotism, not talent. Do you really believe he deserves to compete in what is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsports, compared to the Formula 2 Champion?
    I believe he already competed great in the pinnacle of motor sport finishing in 12 place with 40 points! He finished ahead of Grosgean and even Alonso ! This is F1! Not F2. No talent got him 2 spots away from the top 10 for F1 2017. From F3 Euro champion to F1 is a big deal. Imagine if Stroll had any driving talent !! OK Leclerc has never lost a F1 race,. Let see if he can continue the pace in 2018! BTW, what does "Home Grown" mean?

  10. #670
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,687
    I won't join the Stroll-bashers but will give him some credit as he seemed to get it together at some races and appeared to be good in the wet, he got a podium (albeit by luck), but in comparison to the admittedly much more experienced Felipe, he didn't prove to be the new wonder-kid on the block. Massa still deserved the Williams seat over the current contenders, but that's now history.

  11. #671
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,451
    Stroll should've been at least on par with Massa. Something like Ocon is with Perez. Ocon has a potential future racing for a big team, Stroll doesn't, he'll remain a pay driver till he or his father gets bored.

  12. #672
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Stroll should've been at least on par with Massa. Something like Ocon is with Perez. Ocon has a potential future racing for a big team, Stroll doesn't, he'll remain a pay driver till he or his father gets bored.
    +1

  13. #673
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I believe he already competed great in the pinnacle of motor sport finishing in 12 place with 40 points! He finished ahead of Grosgean and even Alonso ! This is F1! Not F2. No talent got him 2 spots away from the top 10 for F1 2017. From F3 Euro champion to F1 is a big deal. Imagine if Stroll had any driving talent !! OK Leclerc has never lost a F1 race,. Let see if he can continue the pace in 2018! BTW, what does "Home Grown" mean?
    Now you're comparing Stroll to Alonso and his power wheels???

    Homegrown means Ferrari Driver Academy: http://fda.ferrari.com/en/fda/ferrar...er-academy-en/

    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...r-test-941265/

    Technically, when you knock Leclerc here, you're knocking a Ferrari Driver on a Ferrari Forum.


    Disappointed Since 2010

  14. #674
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Now you're comparing Stroll to Alonso and his power wheels???
    I was'nt rolling on the floor. I kinda did one of these and one of these all at the same time. Why even bother explaining it. Brembo must be on prescribed meds. His credibility has gone downhill as of late.

  15. #675
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I was'nt rolling on the floor. I kinda did one of these and one of these all at the same time. Why even bother explaining it. Brembo must be on prescribed meds. His credibility has gone downhill as of late.
    I think Brembo's prescribed meds may have been self-prescribed and possibly involve too many Capirinhas and the like, absolutely no offence intended, of course. Saude Brembo!

  16. #676
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,532
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I think Brembo's prescribed meds may have been self-prescribed and possibly involve too many Capirinhas and the like, absolutely no offence intended, of course. Saude Brembo!

  17. #677
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I think Brembo's prescribed meds may have been self-prescribed and possibly involve too many Capirinhas and the like, absolutely no offence intended, of course. Saude Brembo!
    Wait. Brembo's Portuguese? It all makes sense now! Don't worry Brembo; I'm much sicker than you are because I married one.


    Disappointed Since 2010

  18. #678
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Wait. Brembo's Portuguese? It all makes sense now! Don't worry Brembo; I'm much sicker than you are because I married one.
    I'm Italian, Napolitano! I speak 5 lauguages, and once had a dream in Chinese! Giallo your not sick, your lucky! I feel terrible knowing my credibility has gone down, but I still say Stroll made it to F1 and finished 12 alive and well, Ahead of Alonso! Leclerc ain't hit F1 yet and he's on the podium here big time . If Stroll's old man decides to buy him a Ferrari seat I guess we can call him "Home Grown " also. A rock glass with crushed pineapple and sugar, add a double of Cachaca, also called "Aguadente de Cana" shake the hell out of it . 2 or 3 drinks with a bowl of penne with broccoli rabe and nothing else will matter, even admitting Stroll belongs in F1! Kubica needs to stay retired, safe and sound. A few more HP in Ferrari's engine and Max behind the wheel , WCC, WDC !!!

  19. #679
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    A rock glass with crushed pineapple and sugar, add a double of Cachaca, also called "Aguadente de Cana" shake the hell out of it . 2 or 3 drinks with a bowl of penne with broccoli rabe and nothing else will matter,.....
    and there's our answer.

    I'm gonna try one of these....sounds intoxicating and sweet. Hopefully it does'nt impair my judgement while typing in the F1 forum. Thanks for the recipe!!!

    Brembo, lay off the drink while typing here.

  20. #680
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,276
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    and there's our answer.

    I'm gonna try one of these....sounds intoxicating and sweet. Hopefully it does'nt impair my judgement while typing in the F1 forum. Thanks for the recipe!!!

    Brembo, lay off the drink while typing here.
    How else can I put up with the Leclerc F1 fans here!! I need to see Giovanazzi get a seat in F1 , then I will welcome both him and Leclerc.

  21. #681
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    How else can I put up with the Leclerc F1 fans here!! I need to see Giovanazzi get a seat in F1 , then I will welcome both him and Leclerc.
    I know GIO blotted his copy-book with his demolition of a couple of Saubers, but I too want to see an Italian back on the grid and not just as a 3rd driver or FP1 ragazzo. Brembo, I don't know why I used 'saude', I must have had a senior moment and should of course have said 'salute', keep taking the medicine even though at times it does raise questions as to your sanity.

  22. #682
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Now you're comparing Stroll to Alonso and his power wheels???

    Homegrown means Ferrari Driver Academy: http://fda.ferrari.com/en/fda/ferrar...er-academy-en/

    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...r-test-941265/

    Technically, when you knock Leclerc here, you're knocking a Ferrari Driver on a Ferrari Forum.
    Giallo , were you here during the Rubens era? He drove for Ferrari, but you'd never know it here. Knocking him left right and every other which way. He was "Home Grown!" I think I might have been his only fan.

  23. #683
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,532
    Massa states (now that he's retired....yet again) that Williams driver path is financial over its 2018 driver line-up.

  24. #684
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Massa states (now that he's retired....yet again) that Williams driver path is financial over its 2018 driver line-up.
    Of course it's financial, why else would they have let Massa go when he still had the hunger and speed, it was the car that didn't perform. OK, you may not agree, and now they've delayed the 2018 driver announcement until January. I smell money, and it's certainly not fair on the drivers in question.

  25. #685
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,532
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Of course it's financial, why else would they have let Massa go when he still had the hunger and speed, it was the car that didn't perform. OK, you may not agree, and now they've delayed the 2018 driver announcement until January. I smell money, and it's certainly not fair on the drivers in question.


    yep, probably giving Kubica more time to come up with more money. How is it the Pink Panthers with a budget lower than Williams outperformed them? Both teams have basically the same engines and Williams has a longer history in F1 than SFI!!! What happened to their engineering/aero proweress ?? It just boggles my mind?

    I don't think its the car wisepie when you can compare it to the Pink Panthers. I'm sure there's more to that Williams that the 2017 drivers could'nt extract but that's just my opinion.

  26. #686
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,687
    You may be right but I'll still stick my neck out in my belief that Massa has been unfairly criticised since his accident and still has the ability to be a good racer in a car that suits him. The Williams car was widely seen to be a bit of a handful and very sensitive to tyre issues and weather conditions, the Force Indias seemed far more planted and stable and also had two pretty good drivers. FI just did a better job and usually qualified higher, also they were generally quicker in the race with no tyre issues. I am biased being a Massa fan, admittedly!

  27. #687
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,451
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yep, probably giving Kubica more time to come up with more money. How is it the Pink Panthers with a budget lower than Williams outperformed them? Both teams have basically the same engines and Williams has a longer history in F1 than SFI!!! What happened to their engineering/aero proweress ?? It just boggles my mind?

    I don't think its the car wisepie when you can compare it to the Pink Panthers. I'm sure there's more to that Williams that the 2017 drivers could'nt extract but that's just my opinion.
    We shall see the performance of their chassis next year. This was Paddy Lowe's first year in Williams. He probably laid the foundation for next year, so we shall see what that will bring to the Williams team.

  28. #688
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Giallo , were you here during the Rubens era? He drove for Ferrari, but you'd never know it here. Knocking him left right and every other which way. He was "Home Grown!" I think I might have been his only fan.
    I was not, but I am aware of the history. I have nothing against Rubens, but he was hired by Ferrari after he raced for other teams for seven years. That is not a home grown product. That's like saying Alex Rodriguez was the Yankees' home grown product. Leclerc is basically a part of Ferrari's farm team just like Jules Bianchi was. Fun fact, Bianchi was Leclerc's godfather. Anyway, obrigado to Rubens for helping Ferrari win five Constructors' Championships.


    Disappointed Since 2010

  29. #689
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,715
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I don't think its the car wisepie when you can compare it to the Pink Panthers. I'm sure there's more to that Williams that the 2017 drivers could'nt extract but that's just my opinion.
    Do you remember the year Sauber was beating Ferrari in the first few races of the season with the same engine.......we all scratched our heads and wondered why?????.I cannot recall the year just now
    When you look at the Williams in 2014 results were pretty good with Massa & Bottas driving. The same two drivers couldn't extract quite the same out of the 2015 & 2016 car! even though they managed to keep 3rd place in the constructors in 2015.
    I think Force India maybe extracted a slightly better deal out of Merc or maybe they build a better car!!!!! It's a good little team with some very clever people at the helm and it's not as top heavy as Williams!!!
    Also I think Williams is still trying to work as a team...........I believe Rob once inferred in an interview that he was trying to change the culture there so that information was shared across the board.
    So in conclusion it's not just the engine or the driver that makes the difference F1 is a lot more complicated than that.
    Last edited by racingbradley; 16th December 2017 at 20:42.


    Forza Jules

  30. #690
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Giallo , were you here during the Rubens era? He drove for Ferrari, but you'd never know it here. Knocking him left right and every other which way. He was "Home Grown!" I think I might have been his only fan.
    Rubens was not home grown.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •