Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324

Thread: Robert Kubica: Updates on his recovery

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Rubens was not home grown.
    Rubens , Schumy, not home grown Ferrari drivers, so we fans have to recognize Leclerc as the home grown best yet to drive for Ferrari. Oh throw Seb in there too. Not home grown. I believe Giovenazzi is home grown Ferrari also.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Rubens , Schumy, not home grown Ferrari drivers, so we fans have to recognize Leclerc as the home grown best yet to drive for Ferrari. Oh throw Seb in there too. Not home grown. I believe Giovenazzi is home grown Ferrari also.
    Here I go again, but Felipe was very much home-grown starting at Sauber and progressing to the Scuderia as Michael's understudy, eventually leading the team to the WDC that was his for all of 10secs in 2008, even getting the better of Kimi who was 2007 champion....just! Once Rubens got his first win in Germany and cried on the podium, it gave him a real boost and he was a great team player but he also had a few harsh words for Ferrari once he left. It's hard for drivers who are released but who have given their all to a team which creates so much passion and loyalty to accept that they aren't flavour of the month any longer.

All I am saying is that I think it’s important to support the up-and-comers who Ferrari has supported, including Gio. Leclerc proved that he deserves a seat in F1 and I’m pretty sure he has clocked more laps than Gio and not destroyed any machinery in the process. There is a reason that Leclerc got the seat over him. That said, I hope Gio gets another chance to prove himself. For the record, I am 1/8 Napolitano, 1/8 Siciliano, and 1/4 Calabrese. The rest is German. I tell people the Italians build the fastest cars and the Germans drive them the fastest.

Disappointed Since 2010

Leclerc proved to have a bigger potential than GIO, not saying GIO doesn't have a proper potential to be a successful F1 racer. However, Leclerc managed to prove himself more thus earning the seat in Sauber. Ferrari was pushing to put GIO in the Sauber as well but it couldn't be done because of Ericsson's financial backing which comes from entrepreneurs with big stakes in Sauber. I'm sure GIO will get a seat as well, just not for next year. However, it's possible that ERI will be sacked mid-season after Leclerc crushes him. Other scenario is for Leclerc to change Kimi in 2019 thus making way for GIO in Sauber. Other alternative for GIO in 2019 is Haas. I think Ferrari will take care of him.

I accept that Leclerc has shown the kind of brilliance that Max has and I hope that the belief everyone has been putting in him can be justified when he starts next season for Sauber. GIO did himself no favours by pranging those two Saubers in the damp conditions, but being Ferrari's 3rd driver this season has maybe kept him out of the limelight whereas Leclerc has been able to show in GP2 what he's made of, in very convincing fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    All I am saying is that I think it’s important to support the up-and-comers who Ferrari has supported, including Gio. Leclerc proved that he deserves a seat in F1 and I’m pretty sure he has clocked more laps than Gio and not destroyed any machinery in the process. There is a reason that Leclerc got the seat over him. That said, I hope Gio gets another chance to prove himself. For the record, I am 1/8 Napolitano, 1/8 Siciliano, and 1/4 Calabrese. The rest is German. I tell people the Italians build the fastest cars and the Germans drive them the fastest.
    1/4 Calabrese, "Un uomo d'affari che sa il fatto suo!". Anyway I hope all Antonio has and is doing for Ferrari isn't overlooked by the fact he wasn't driving F2 to make a name for himself . Both guys deserve a shot for sure. BTW Wisepie, thanks for reminding me Felipe was home grown!

1/4 Calabrese, "Un uomo d'affari che sa il fatto suo!".

Disappointed Since 2010

Giallo 550, I am envious of your Italian heritage, the German part is probably what makes your comments so direct!! I like to think I have Italian in my blood but sadly it's not true and I am a pure Brit, but whose patriotism extends solely to beer and cider.

Sirotkin gets backing of Russian Billionare.

Way off-topic but couldn't resist asking. How powerful are the five families of the NY Mob today?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Way off-topic but couldn't resist asking. How powerful are the five families of the NY Mob today?
    For the most part " Via col vento!"

I wouldn't know. The only interaction I had with them was when my grandfather took me to the shady back room of a Brooklyn cafe down the street to play the mob's illegal gambling machines 27 years ago when I was five. It was called "Cafe Segesta." I remember it very well. He gave me a five dollar bill to put in the machine and pointed to the cards he wanted me to tap. The game lasted less than 30 seconds and I asked "what did I win?" He said "nothing," and I responded with "that wasn't fun!" My mother wasn't happy when she found out he took me. He used to work there and get paid in Italian Ices and ice cream that my sister and I would enjoy when we would visit. I think they used to have high stakes poker games there too, because they would play a new deck every few hands. Funny thing is that I still have a few of those decks. Oh, and some guy named Nino rented a shop from my grandfather and ran a sham business called "Gourmet Around The World." He was arrested for arms trafficking with the mob, but that's another story from 20 years ago.
    Last edited by Giallo 550; 20th December 2017 at 13:43.

Disappointed Since 2010

I wouldn't know. The only interaction I had with them was when my grandfather took me to the shady back room of a Brooklyn cafe down the street to play the mob's illegal gambling machines 27 years ago when I was five. It was called "Cafe Segesta." I remember it very well. He gave me a five dollar bill to put in the machine and pointed to the cards he wanted me to tap. The game lasted less than 30 seconds and I asked "what did I win?" He said "nothing," and I responded with "that wasn't fun!" My mother wasn't happy when she found out he took me. He used to work there and get paid in Italian Ices and ice cream that my sister and I would enjoy when we would visit. I think they used to have high stakes poker games there too, because they would play a new deck every few hands. Funny thing is that I still have a few of those decks. Oh, and some guy named Nino rented a shop from my grandfather and ran a sham business called "Gourmet Around The World." He was arrested for arms trafficking with the mob, but that's another story from 20 years ago.
    Thanks for sharing your story. I guess they are still around, but not as powerful as they once were, but still involved in some frauds and traditional mob operations. Also, they are hiding underground keeping a low profile as we are not hearing about them much in the media.

Thanks for sharing your story. I guess they are still around, but not as powerful as they once were, but still involved in some frauds and traditional mob operations. Also, they are hiding underground keeping a low profile as we are not hearing about them much in the media.
    Didn't you hear about the movie coming out "The John Gotti Story?"

I didn't know I was mixing with the Italian underground on this thread, I may have said I wanted to be Italian but there are limits. Ostia.

Didn't you hear about the movie coming out "The John Gotti Story?"
    Nope. But i know a film named "Gotti" starring John Travolta is going to be released in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I didn't know I was mixing with the Italian underground on this thread, I may have said I wanted to be Italian but there are limits. Ostia.
    Oh well, at least the Italian crime families have some kind of codes unlike the Mexican cartels.

Nope. But i know a film named "Gotti" starring John Travolta is going to be released in 2018.

Oh well, at least the Italian crime families have some kind of codes unlike the Mexican cartels.
    If you say so, Stormy. Better get off that subject, you never know who's watching!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    If you say so, Stormy. Better get off that subject, you never know who's watching!
    LOL, it's just the mob we are talking about, not the freaking CIA, or god forbid - The Illuminati.

Briatore ‘very sorry’ Kubica sensational F1 comeback failed

Flavio Briatore says it’s a shame Robert Kubica will not make a sensational return to formula one in 2018.

A source close to Kubica, the former BMW and Renault driver who almost lost his arm in a 2011 rally crash, admits the Pole’s comeback bid is now “game over”.

Other sources claim Williams has definitely signed up Sergey Sirotkin, the Vladimir Putin-linked Russian driver.

https://www.thisisf1.com/2018/01/04/...meback-failed/

Tony gently tries to steer this topic back onto F1...

So, how about them Reds....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...-happy-ending/

ROBERT KUBICA SAYS POTENTIALLY REPLACING STROLL IN 2018 MAY NOT HAVE ‘HAPPY ENDING’
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Had a thought.... (I know.... a dangerous prospect...)
    I was never satisfied that Kvyat was a good choice for Ferrari as a test driver... NOT when he singlehandedly proved he was gung ho on taking out Seb in the way he did....
    and I feel that there may be more about RB drivers and the fact Seb moved to Ferrari, that dictates the stubborness in the hand to hand racing that I have seen from them.

Anyway to my thought... now that Robert is available, and both Ferrari test drivers are in the 2019 lineup... how about signing Kubica as the ferrari test driver?
    He is a Brilliant driver, and with simulator would not have the issues of the Physical problems... and I have always wished that he could drive for Ferrari one day...

Come on Ferrari ... I do not think this is such a bad idea?????