Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Kubica: Updates on his recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Latest news:

21:20 FIRST TIME ESTIMATE ON RECOVERY
    Igor Rossello, a member of the two teams, said that "if the operation went well, it will take a year of rehabilitation."
    If true, that's a waste of a great talent. However him being well is much more important.
    Forza Jules

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Bobby is a fighter. Let's hope he exceeds expectation just like Felipe's did.

Forza Jules

Speaking to reporters outside the hospital, Kubica's manager Daniel Morelli said: "Surgeons are trying to restore the functionality of his right hand.
    "They have restarted the circulation of blood and repaired the bone structure. Now they have to think about the muscle functionality but Robert has a very strong character, he'll be OK."

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SPORT/mo...ash/index.html

This is so awful. I hope Robert has the speediest and best recovery possible.

The doctor says Robert had his hand almost amputated when he arrived in hospital.After a long surgery (closing the fracture,then rebuilding muscles and nerves),he is reasonably optimistic (he could "maybe" return to racing).Anyway,he will need a full year to recover,that's for sure.
    PS: really nice gesture from Fernando!

21:48- A Sky parla il dottor Rossello, il chirurgo specializzato che ha operato sulla mano del pilota polacco “La situazione dell’arto era indubbiamente grave, era quasi amputato e lo abbiamo ricostruito tutto, prima ricomponendo la frattura e poi lavorando sui tessuti muscolari e nervosi. L’intervento è riuscito al meglio, non mi sbilancio troppo ma siamo moderatamente ottimisti. Kubica dovrebbe riacquistare la piena funzionalità dell’arto, per le funzioni vitali e forse anche per svolgere il suo mestiere di pilota. Ma ci vorrà del tempo, forse anche un anno intero di riabilitazione. Comunque è andato tutto bene.”

Good gesture by Fernando visiting him.

Good thing he is alright. Shame he wont be in F1 this year, but his life is more important.

He should take as much time he needs, and he could do a 'Mika'.

Get well soon Robert.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Let's wait and see and have faith he will be back. A lot of people had Felipe out of the sport as well. Time will tell.
    Forza Jules

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    Fab
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    I'm pretty sure Renault and their sponsors were ok with this, I think he had some backing from them.
    Looks like they've learned an unfortunate lesson the hard way then.....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

English interview video with Prof Igor Rossello (and shows Nando at the beginning):

http://adamcooperf1.com/2011/02/06/v...ins-operation/

Rossello makes it clear that it will be a year before Kubica can hope to have proper use of his right arm again, explaining that the first job was to “reconstruct the whole anatomy of the forearm.”
    Gutting.
    Forza Jules

The Professor was quite clear about it......this is a really bad bad injury and it will take a lot of time to heal - if it ever heals completely.
    It is much more serious than we all hoped it would be.
    I think all F1 fans, no matter which driver or team we support, must support Robert this coming season and send him our best wishes and greetings in order to keep him positive. This will be a long hard way to recovery and we all must let him know we want him back because he is a great driver and a nice guy.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

I don't think is it so much takes a year to heal, but with alot of reconstructive surgery there is an awful lot of physiotherapy and conditioning and training to do. Best wishes to him, no doubt as an F1 driver he will surprise us all and have it done in half the time it takes anyone else

Yea, Igor is saying 1 year at best, but that he can't really say at this point how long he will be out.

I remember when Michael broke his leg the doctors suggested he would be out for a long time, but he came back pretty quickly.

Same for Rossi after his leg break last year. Let's hold out hope that Robert recovers much quicker than they expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulpg87 View Post
    they said that the hand was "completamente spappolata" and they don't if he i will use it anymore. I don't know how to translate it.. however it's really bad word spappolata.

there also images of the driver
    Completamente http://www.facebook.com/n/?photo.php...tess%40aol.com

Completamente spappolata: Means compleately mashed. There's another word that's worse, but that's bad enough.

Leg breaks are a bit more straight forward though, look at Webber for example, rebuilding muscles etc in the arm/hand is going to be a lot of recovery period.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Leg breaks are a bit more straight forward though, look at Webber for example, rebuilding muscles etc in the arm/hand is going to be a lot of recovery period.
    Yea, that's completely true. Much easier to repair a compound fracture than damaged muscle, tendons etc

Gutting news for such a fantastic driver, I thought he was going to have a great season. I suppose it is great that relatively speaking he is 'ok' but to have your forearm mashed on top of complicated leg fractures can't be a good thing (and I'm hearing it was a femur fracture which can be nasty, particularly if it's at the knee end). His recovery will be difficult I imagine, given he has multiple injuries to get over.

Lets just hope he makes a speedy recovery and we see him back racing asap, 2011 won't be the same without him!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post

Looking at that - the outcome could have been a lot worse.
    Forza Jules

Your right Suzie, it could have been so much worse, and thank heavens it wasn't, thank heavens we are not mourning the loss of a talented young man in the prime of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Looks like they've learned an unfortunate lesson the hard way then.....
    True. I saw someone say that Renault needed a top driver badly and Kubica could pretty well set his own terms when he signed. That's probably the only reason they went along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Domenicali View Post
    I don't think is it so much takes a year to heal, but with alot of reconstructive surgery there is an awful lot of physiotherapy and conditioning and training to do. Best wishes to him, no doubt as an F1 driver he will surprise us all and have it done in half the time it takes anyone else
    A friend of mine crushed the bones in his thumb installing a transmission. It took several operations and pins and screws to get it fixed, and about a year before he could grip anything properly, and that was just a thumb. Granted though, he didn't have as good as medical care as Robert will no doubt get.

How horrible. Hoping all the best to recover and race again!
    Cheers,
    Ray

"Other teams may be fast, but the poetry, the romance, of F1 racing belongs to Ferrari."-Dan Niel, LA Times

@alanbaldwinf1 Latest update from Renault is that Kubica in a stable but serious condition and put into an induced coma overnight.
    Forza Jules

its not sounding like he will be racing this season. might be he wont race again the way his manger is talking. Wish him the best. Sad situation for the guy. Glad he is in a stable condition.
    we're number one

This is a terrible thing that has happened. His hand injury is simillar to the injury sustained by Sandro Nannini had.

One week after the 1990 Spanish Grand Prix he was involved in a helicopter crash in Siena in which his right forearm was severed. The injury healed thanks to successful microsurgery but it ended his Formula One career. He had participated in 78 Formula One grands prix. He won 1 race, achieved 9 podiums, and scored a total of 65 championship points. Despite only regaining partial use of his right hand, Nannini was able to carve out a successful career in touring car racing with Alfa Romeo in the 1990s. Nannini competed for Mercedes in the 1997 FIA GT Championship finishing 6th overall before hanging up his helmet. He now runs a chain of upmarket cafes bearing his name, with branches as far flung as Indonesia. 2007 saw Sandro Nannini’s return to the track after a decade in retirement. He agreed to take part in the short-lived Grand Prix Masters Championship for Formula One veterans, in the first time he has raced a powerful single seater since his F1 career ended in 1990, alongside drivers including his former Benetton team mate Johnny Herbert. He is member of the Italy-USA Foundation.

Johnny Herbert as well sustained a very bad injuries in a crash and he never returned to Formula One.

Lets pray for the best for Robert Kubica. God's Speed!

Forza Ferrari!!!!

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns22913.html

Surgeon explains Kubica operation
    Doctor Prof Igor Rossello said, "We have to wait at least a week to see if his hand survives.", when asked about the likelihood of whether Kubica's hand will return to full capability.

"The nerve lesions are the ones that leave us with the most question marks over the recovery of functions.
    I will be thinking of him this week and hope for a complete recovery sooner than expected.

Latest from gpupdate: http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...oma-overnight/

only time will tell.
    FORZA FERRARI!!