Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Kubica: Updates on his recovery

I hope he recovers fully. F1 will be poorer should he not return.
    Silently, like a shadow

Hearing about how lucid he was when he was awake talking to family and friends and that he already has some movement in his fingers is just great news. Lets just keep hoping the news continues like this......

One thing is for sure whenever Kubica has an accident, it's a big one (remembering his crash in Montreal). Good luck to him and hopefully he will fully recover

Wishing a full recovery to a great driver !!!!!

terrible accident (as all accidents are). for now, its great that he's alive and consious. wishing him a speedy a complete return...

Some really positive news at last!!! Been waiting all day for some good news. Now Robert take it easy and step by step you will be back! Good luck to you!!!

Hello All

I have been away from the site for some time but decided to rejoin for this season. Look forward to the usual exciting chats.

On Kubica he is one of the really nice guys in F1 always has time for the fans I wish him a swift recovery especially for him to get back into the driving seat as it promised to be an exciting season. Best wishes to Robert and his family

Come on Robert, our thoughts are with you!

Maranello, 7 February – “Robert has inner strength and I am sure he can rely on that this time too,” commented Fernando Alonso, who was very shocked when he heard of Robert Kubica’s accident, yesterday in the “Ronde di Andora” rally. The Spaniard was skiing in Val Gardena along with Felipe Massa and other friends from within the team when he heard the news and by late afternoon he arrived at the hospital in Pietra Ligure to be close to his friend.

“The most important thing is that Robert’s life is not in danger and the rest can take its time, but I am with him in heart and mind.” Felipe is in Maranello today, working on the simulator and he sent his own message to Daniele Morelli, the Polish driver’s manager. “All my thoughts are with Robert at such a difficult time. I have first hand experience of this type of situation and I learned how important it is to feel so much support from family and friends,” said Felipe. “I hope that I too can send some positive energy his way and I am praying that all goes well and he gets back to normal.

Forza Robert, from the bottom of my heart!” Stefano Domenicali, on behalf of President Montezemolo and everyone at Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro sent this get-well message. “Robert and those dear to him are in our thoughts at this difficult time. He is very tough and has a very strong constitution: we are sure he will get out of this and we can’t wait to see him back on track, with his sense of irony and his smile. Go on Robert, give it your best shot. We are waiting for you!”

source - ferrari
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

How is he?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    How is he?
    Better, i heard that he was moving his operated hand and he could understand and speak properly, if im not mistaken.

Good news.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Come on Robert, our thoughts are with you!

Maranello, 7 February – “Robert has inner strength and I am sure he can rely on that this time too,” commented Fernando Alonso, who was very shocked when he heard of Robert Kubica’s accident, yesterday in the “Ronde di Andora” rally. The Spaniard was skiing in Val Gardena along with Felipe Massa and other friends from within the team when he heard the news and by late afternoon he arrived at the hospital in Pietra Ligure to be close to his friend.

“The most important thing is that Robert’s life is not in danger and the rest can take its time, but I am with him in heart and mind.” Felipe is in Maranello today, working on the simulator and he sent his own message to Daniele Morelli, the Polish driver’s manager. “All my thoughts are with Robert at such a difficult time. I have first hand experience of this type of situation and I learned how important it is to feel so much support from family and friends,” said Felipe. “I hope that I too can send some positive energy his way and I am praying that all goes well and he gets back to normal.

Forza Robert, from the bottom of my heart!” Stefano Domenicali, on behalf of President Montezemolo and everyone at Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro sent this get-well message. “Robert and those dear to him are in our thoughts at this difficult time. He is very tough and has a very strong constitution: we are sure he will get out of this and we can’t wait to see him back on track, with his sense of irony and his smile. Go on Robert, give it your best shot. We are waiting for you!”

source - ferrari
    It's great to see F1 pulling together when something like this happens

All the news today has been very encouraging, and I have faith that Kubi will be back in F1 at some stage.
    Forza Jules

How is he?

07.02.11 UPDATE ON ROBERT KUBICA’S CONDITION

After spending the night under constant observation, he was briefly woken up by the doctors of the Santa Corona Hospital (Pietra Ligure) this morning. The Lotus Renault GP driver was then able to talk to his relatives. He was also able to move his fingers, which is encouraging for the rest of his recovery process.
    Professor Mario Igor Rossello, Director for the Regional Centre of Hand Surgery at San Paolo Hospital in Savona, did not notice any swelling or infection on his right forearm, and this is another good sign, although it will be several days before it is known if the operation has been 100% successful.
    In order to avoid any physical stress, Robert will be put under gentle medication in order to sleep for the next 24 hours at least. Meanwhile, the doctors will decide how they will treat his elbow and shoulder fractures. Robert may have to undergo surgery once again for this, but not for a few days.
    Lotus Renault GP wishes to thank the Hospital of San Paolo (Savona) and the Santa Corona Hospital (Pietra Ligure) for their professional approach and their dedication.
    Lotus Renault GP will issue another update on Robert’s condition later this evening.

Hopefully the news will get better and better as the days go on. I remember during the first few days of Felipe's recovery, every day there was a little bit of progress. Fingers crossed for him.
    Forza Jules

Co-driver explains Kubica crash

By Steven English and Michele Lostia Monday, February 7th 2011, 15:59 GMT

Robert Kubica's co-driver, Jakub Gerber, has explained how their accident on Sunday's Ronde di Andora rally happened.

The Renault F1 driver remains in intensive care in hospital in Italy and is due to undergo a second surgery on serious hand and arm injuries and a broken right leg.

Gerber explained how their Skoda Fabia was penetrated by a section of barrier after Kubica slid wide into a right-hander.

"We knew the surface was slippery because of the humidity and we were ready," Gerber told Gazzetta dello Sport. "After skidding, the car leaned against the guard rail and pushed it outwards. Then it crashed against the following guard rail.

"The guard rail pierced through the car and went all the way through it. I immediately saw it was serious, he also had a bad bruise under his eye after hitting the steering wheel. Robert passed out and I exited through the window because the door was stuck.

"The ambulance arrived immediately and then came the firemen. They took over half an hour to pull him out. The first crew didn't have the shears so they had to wait for another crew. Then the helicopter couldn't land in that spot, so Robert had to be moved and more time was lost."

Gerber was critical of the section of road that had a gap between two sections of barrier, leaving the end of the second exposed. And he also called for increased protection around the cockpit of rally cars.

"That opening [between the two sections of barrier] makes no sense," he said. "But, most of all, we shouldn't have cars with so little protection at the front. It's not the first time a crash like this happens - the Federation should think of something to protect the cockpit."

When asked whether he thought the accident was caused by a car failure or a mistake by Kubica, Gerber replied: "In a competition you try to go as quickly as possible. Robert is the type of person that thinks hard, always looks a step ahead, he's precise, fast and clean. A complete driver."

Mauro Moreno, who was the driver on the scene running one minute behind Kubica, gave his account.

"It was a horrifying view. I called him by name a couple of times, but he didn't reply," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"The steel blade was coming out of the hatchback. His co-driver signalled to me he had no problems so I asked Robert if he was ok too. But that was useless because he was in a state of semi-unconsciousness and he wouldn't talk."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89327
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Terrifying.

Forza Jules

Amazing he is still alive!
    Forza Ferrari

My God, while it feels wrong to say this, he was SO lucky.

It's like the Massa accident - just a couple more inches would have made a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Terrifying.

Terrifying is a serious understatement. I´m speechless

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Terrifying.

Oh My God!

WOW

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    My God, while it feels wrong to say this, he was SO lucky.

It's like the Massa accident - just a couple more inches would have made a huge difference.
    He was indeed.
    Even more amazing is that his co-driver was completely unhurt!
    Forza Jules

oh man! that's unbeleivable! he is very lucky to be alive. i didn't catch that yesterday so i was very surprised when i saw news of "kubica able to move fingers" i was thinking why would he not be able to? then i saw the news that he had crashed.

I feel bad for him, he is a wonderful driver, and he seems to be a very nice guy, you never hear people complaining about him or anything. i'm glad his life is not in danger, but i really hope he makes a full recovery, he is an amazing driver, i really hope he can return to racing F1.

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

What the heck happened to cause this?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

What the heck happened to cause this?
    The road was slippy, he hit a wall, then a guard rail which bent outwards which in turn made him run into the end of the next guardrail which went though the car.

The road was slippy, he hit a wall, then a guard rail which bent outwards which in turn made him run into the end of the next guardrail which went though the car.
    Holy carp! Thanks mate.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

it must have been one hell of an impact, the only thing i can think would be if they hit something so hard that it even sent the crash energy back to the point where it pinned the back of the car in the guardrail? must have hit it pretty damn hard. i mean it's rally, we've seen worse crashes, but a 7 hours long surgery, he is very lucky to be able to move his fingers... i really hope he recovers from this.

Kube's crashes are always like that!!! hopefully he will make a full recovery just like he did after the canadian gp of 07.

T

What is his condition, BTW? Ridiculous here at work...

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

What is his condition, BTW? Ridiculous here at work...
    Stable condition. 7 hour op yesterday to fix his hand - bone, nerves and tendons (they were completely severed). Was put into an induced coma overnight. Has 'moved' his fingers today. Will require another operation to fix his fractures shoulder and elbow because in the operation they only really focussed on the hand and blood loss. The first thing he asked when he was conscious was how his co driver was.

wow i just saw the onboard video from Mauro Moreno and Corrado Bonato they were the car thatw as right behind them, and you can hear the concern and the fear from them when they stopped the car to try and help em. i suppose with a guardrail going through a rally car, you gotta wonder if someone died.

Tifoso, he is doing ok, they woke him up told him what happened, he seemed to be ok, he moved his fingers, but they will put him on medication so he can sleep for 24 hours. thankfully this isn't life threatning.

T

The first thing he asked when he was conscious was how his co driver was.
    Nice
    Forza Ferrari