Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Robert Kubica: Updates on his recovery

Quote Originally Posted by brembo man View Post
    Ferrari has two drivers, only one can win the WDC. My favorite is Alonso in his Ferrari. Reno skipping over there designated reserve driver and going with an outsider is treason! Where's Todt the FIA big shot? Can't he step in and say to Reno, let Bruno pass ! He's your driver.
    lalalalalalala

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Todt isn't footing the bill, is he?

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    You are new here, so someone should better tell you itīs better not to get involved in this special argument.

How is Robert doing? I havenīt been able to check the news last week.
    Stehaufmännchen Felipe - Never give up!

Thanks for the heads up about the "special argument"!!
    As for how Robert's doing, I was just reading this:

Kubica: "I consider myself very lucky" http://www.racer.com/kubica-i-consid...rticle/197073/

Robert Kubica told an Italian newspaper he considers himself very lucky to have come out of his devastating rally crash as well as he has.
    "I know I'm not in good shape, but I consider myself very lucky," Kubica said from the Santa Corona hospital where he is beginning rehabilitation from his severe injuries to his hand. "I am facing a long and difficult rehabilitation, but I am not worried about that," he told La Stampa.
    Kubica's doctors warned that the Polish driver faces a long road to recovery before he can contemplate resuming his racing career.
    "There are milestones to be met, and his journey will be long," the hospital's spinal unit chief, Dr. Antonino Massone, told La Stampa. "For a month, there is the risk of infection. When a bone is exposed for 45 minutes, as it was in this case, it is attacked by bacteria and we need to treat it with antibiotics," he said. "The doctors and physiotherapists, for him, are like the engineers at Renault; adjusting, modifying and correcting the machine for the best result."
    The Italian paper's report said it will be at least three months until it can be determined if Kubica has recovered enough functionality in his hand to drive again in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    You are new here, so someone should better tell you itīs better not to get involved in this special argument.

How is Robert doing? I havenīt been able to check the news last week.
    It is indeed special, I think its unrequited love between them myself. They are both trying to fight it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    It is indeed special, I think its unrequited love between them myself. They are both trying to fight it.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

It's not really a "special argument" as such. I like to think of it more as a challenge.....

...similar to that of directing a blindfolded man in a pitch black room who is trying to find a black cat that isn't there! It's largely pointless but it passes the time.

brembo man is a good egg really and he knows it's not personal. Anyone who has a healthy disdain for a 5 times Ferrari Champion is however not without his issues I fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    Anyone who has a healthy disdain for a 5 times Ferrari Champion is however not without his issues I fear.
    Capito!!

That sounds great to me! Glad to see you would like to see Todt foot the bill for whatever moves he makes. If he comments on a team getting a driver he should have to foot the bill for that move or stay out of it. 17 posts and you already fit right in. Great logic.

As for how Robert's doing, I was just reading this:
    Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post

Itīs amazing they found a way to even use the Kubica-thread as their playground. Maybe we should start a challenge īwho is able to create a thread with a topic they canīt hijackī, just to have something to do until the end of march.
    However, we should be forever grateful to them for entertaining us during the long, full of privation, terrible avaiting-the-first-race-time.
    Last edited by Anni; 27th February 2011 at 04:30.
    Stehaufmännchen Felipe - Never give up!

It's not really a "special argument" as such. I like to think of it more as a challenge.....

...similar to that of directing a blindfolded man in a pitch black room who is trying to find a black cat that isn't there! It's largely pointless but it passes the time.

brembo man is a good egg really and he knows it's not personal. Anyone who has a healthy disdain for a 5 times Ferrari Champion is however not without his issues I fear.
    As usual you is correct! Never say argument! Anyway getting you to say anything without adding the chin's name like y'all just did is for sure a challenge. He's not with us anymore, get over it! Correct again, you are. Getting you to stop lovin that traitor is pointless. Start showing a liitle love for Alonso will ya. He's our guy now.

That sounds great to me! Glad to see you would like to see Todt foot the bill for whatever moves he makes. If he comments on a team getting a driver he should have to foot the bill for that move or stay out of it. 17 posts and you already fit right in. Great logic.
    You'll have to explain to me just how you arrived at the conclusion that
    I would like to see him foot the bill for anything!
    All "I" intended to say was that he shouldn't be expected to have any
    say unless he is footing the bill.

Clearer now?

p.s. I stick my foot in my mouth often enough that I don't need any help!

As usual you is correct! Never say argument! Anyway getting you to say anything without adding the chin's name like y'all just did is for sure a challenge. He's not with us anymore, get over it! Correct again, you are. Getting you to stop lovin that traitor is pointless. Start showing a liitle love for Alonso will ya. He's our guy now.
    Jean Todt & Rubens Barrichello aren't with us anymore either but that doesn't stop you banging on relentlessly about them in every other post. Most of us also recognise that we have 2 drivers and aren't obsessed with team favouritism like you are dude.

As a side point, I think it's a little unfair of you to assume that people still support an ex-Ferrari driver purely because they don't call him inappropriate and derogatory names because they have no sense of perspective. If he was threatening us or cheating against us on track then it would be partly understandable (if still a bit childish) but bitterness over history seems a little sad given the success they brought us - if you are a Ferrari supporter.

Maybe it's a barrichello supporter thing....

On topic , I hope Robert Kubica will still be No. 1 at Renault (or whatever they will be called next season) upon his return and I think that banner is utterly fabulous - congrats to adaco for a wonderful guesture
    Last edited by Tifosi; 27th February 2011 at 13:45.

Todt as FIA president should IMO have the right to have his say in Fi matters and not have to foot a bill for doing so. Even as far as an opinion on F1 business shouldn't mean he should have to pay to speak. Oh well maybe it's because I'm so found of Jean that i'm defending him so.

By the way, welcome to the Scuderia!

I see where you're coming from, brembo; however, being a "leader" in such a
    prestigious organization probably means that he must be diplomatic to the nth
    degree! I know I could never do it!!

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not about being "fond" of him; but, I will
    admit I like the guy! Always seemed to calm, cool and collected when facing
    the press.

And, thank you for the welcome! It's great to be here!!

Jean Todt & Rubens Barrichello aren't with us anymore either but that doesn't stop you banging on relentlessly about them in every other post. Most of us also recognise that we have 2 drivers and aren't obsessed with team favouritism like you are dude.

As a side point, I think it's a little unfair of you to assume that people still support an ex-Ferrari driver purely because they don't call him inappropriate and derogatory names because they have no sense of perspective. If he was threatening us or cheating against us on track then it would be partly understandable (if still a bit childish) but bitterness over history seems a little sad given the success they brought us - if you are a Ferrari supporter.

OK, got it. I hope Alonso and Massa both win the WDC. Chill out man! Twobens, the pensioner, the moaner. Hey that went on and on untill the chin decided to come back in his old age. I guess that's when I figured it's OK to give a driver a special nickname. No harm or disrespect on either side, just good clean fun. Don't you think so? Why should Rubens be the only guy lucky enough to have a few nicknimes? The chin at least rates as high as his former teamate.

Soon the action begins! From what I read Roberto could show up this season! He's comming along fine.
    Go Massa!!!!!!!!!!
    Maybe it's a barrichello supporter thing....

On topic , I hope Robert Kubica will still be No. 1 at Renault (or whatever they will be called next season) upon his return and I think that banner is utterly fabulous - congrats to adaco for a wonderful guesture

Great to know you! Todt is who he is. Outside of what I saw at the time as favoritism while he was with Ferrari, using team orders when the points didn't matter. What can I say? A calm boss for sure. As far as cool goes, well , him wearing a sweater up yo his neck in 110 degree heat was too much for me! I'm sure he's also proud of the fact his son Vincent is the manager of two of our drivers Massa and there fellow Frenchmen Jules Bianchi. You used the term "diplomatic to the nth degree". He's going to have to be if a situation ever arises so as to avoid a conflict of interest.

Great to know you! Todt is who he is. Outside of what I saw at the time as favoritism while he was with Ferrari, using team orders when the points didn't matter. What can I say? A calm boss for sure. As far as cool goes, well , him wearing a sweater up yo his neck in 110 degree heat was too much for me! I'm sure he's also proud of the fact his son Vincent is the manager of two of our drivers Massa and there fellow Frenchmen Jules Bianchi. You used the term "diplomatic to the nth degree". He's going to have to be if a situation ever arises so as to avoid a conflict of interest.
    But given that he purposely detaches himself from the operational side of F1 I don't see how such a conflict could arise.

But given that he purposely detaches himself from the operational side of F1 I don't see how such a conflict could arise.
    Well thats true, but the boy's not without influence. No one in F1 is going to ask who's Todt? If... I say only if he needs a favor. Again I use the word what if, say Massa gets bullied around with TOs, early on and Vinny complains to Papa behind closed doors. Will Papa say i'm detached shrug his shoulders and walk away? Theres where diplomacy to the 9th will come in to play.

Well thats true, but the boy's not without influence. No one in F1 is going to ask who's Todt? If... I say only if he needs a favor. Again I use the word what if, say Massa gets bullied around with TOs, early on and Vinny complains to Papa behind closed doors. Will Papa say i'm detached shrug his shoulders and walk away? Theres where diplomacy to the 9th will come in to play.
    Jean Todt's son is called Nicolas. And AFAIK, Felipe was contracted to Ferrari before Nicolas became his manager.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Jean Todt's son is called Nicolas. And AFAIK, Felipe was contracted to Ferrari before Nicolas became his manager.
    Nicholas Todt! A thousand pardons my dear! Thanks for reminding me. Your probably right that he was with Ferrari. He moved into MS teamates seat when he was under Todt Jr's management. That's what bugs me out! Massa got the break he deserved ,moving up into the drivers seat that became open. He was in line for it and Ferrari gave him the chance. You do remember Massa wrecked a few cars in his early days. I was wishing the same for Bruno Senna . He was or is in kind of the same spot as a reserve driver for his team. Besides his uncles name he just doesn't have the push needed in F1 to get a break.

That's what bugs me out! Massa got the break he deserved ,moving up into the drivers seat that became open. He was in line for it and Ferrari gave him the chance. You do remember Massa wrecked a few cars in his early days. I was wishing the same for Bruno Senna . He was or is in kind of the same spot as a reserve driver for his team. Besides his uncles name he just doesn't have the push needed in F1 to get a break.
    Different circumstances, different guys. If Massa hadn't shown how hard he worked, how passionate he is and his determination to succeed in spite of all odds, then he would have been passed over by Ferrari for another. I think you will find that, at that time Massa was engaged as Michael's no2 not as lead driver for a team hoping for top places.
    I like Bruno Senna. He probably has great potential but if he is going to live up to your exacting expectations he needs to do something which makes him stand out from the crowd-----not merely relay on the Senna name.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Different circumstances, different guys. If Massa hadn't shown how hard he worked, how passionate he is and his determination to succeed in spite of all odds, then he would have been passed over by Ferrari for another. I think you will find that, at that time Massa was engaged as Michael's no2 not as lead driver for a team hoping for top places.
    I like Bruno Senna. He probably has great potential but if he is going to live up to your exacting expectations he needs to do something which makes him stand out from the crowd-----not merely relay on the Senna name.
    Well said! I agree with your logic for sure. I just think it's going to be very difficult for Bruno to do something which as you very well said, something which would make him stand out from the crowd of other rookies. He's 27 years old.That to me was his chance. I know it's me surely not his team that thinks, where are they going anyway? There IMO not in contention for more than 5th place. And again he was in line for that seat.

Massa seems ready for action big time! The right car, the tyres seem to be right on the $ for him. If he steps on a scale with Kers in his arms, he still weighs in less than the rest.

Well said! I agree with your logic for sure. I just think it's going to be very difficult for Bruno to do something which as you very well said, something which would make him stand out from the crowd of other rookies. He's 27 years old.That to me was his chance. I know it's me surely not his team that thinks, where are they going anyway? There IMO not in contention for more than 5th place. And again he was in line for that seat.
    Massa seems ready for action big time! The right car, the tyres seem to be right on the $ for him. If he steps on a scale with Kers in his arms, he still weighs in less than the rest.
    I am glad we appear to be on a similar wave band but if weight is such an issue this season and it clearly is then Heidfeld is only 1kg heavier than Massa so on that note alone he has an advantage.
    Sadly for some drivers new to F1 they only get one bite at the cherry. I really hope that is not the case in Bruno's case but he was beaten by at least one of his team mates on a fairly regular basis. I agree that was probably just bad luck and I hope he gets another chance but lead driver for Reno atm would have been pressure big time. If his luck was in it would have made him but on the other hand it could have destroyed him.
    Hopefully he will get his chance and we will look on the Reno drive as his lucky escape.
    Last edited by racingbradley; 1st March 2011 at 10:04.

Forza Jules

So be it! Wow here I am thinking Massa was the F1 thin man. Him and Tony Kannan are good friends and I was lucky enough to see what they drink everyday as an energy mix. Besides a handfull of raw spinich, he puts a 1/2 cup of raw oatmeal in there also, along with fruit, raw egg and I'll stiop there. It actually tastes good. Forget Bruno, I'm ready!

Obviously nobody here is interested in Kubica anymore?

Robert Kubica's manager will not be drawn on when the F1 world can expect the popular Polish driver to be back in action.

"Robert is recovering well," Daniele Morelli told Radio Sportiva, "but at the moment it is impossible to predict if and when he returns to racing."

He said it is a good sign that Kubica, 26, is not suffering from any infections or complications after undergoing major surgeries on horror injuries sustained in a recent rally crash.

Morelli said the earliest "passive physiotherapy" has begun, but it is too early to predict a return to Formula One.

"We must distinguish between our optimism and the indulging of fanciful assumptions," he insisted. "At the moment it's impossible to talk about timeframes."

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...D=401639&FS=F1

GET WELL SOON KUBICA!!!!!

Back to the thread.
    Great to hear Robert is progressing well---still a long way to go but progress never the less.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Obviously nobody here is interested in Kubica anymore?

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...D=401639&FS=F1
    Of course we are Glad to hear that he's coming along well. It's going to be a long, hard slog for him - and also for his fans.
    Forza Jules

They should stick a web cam on him

Seriously though, I would say that the least we hear from now on the better for him as it will be a long recovery for poor Bobby K. When you are recovering from something like that you need your friends and family, not constant media attention and inevitable stories about whether your seat is safe for when you recover.