Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Robert Kubica: Updates on his recovery

I agree. The last thing he needs is the media spreading speculations about his seat.

Bobby is very highly thought of at Reno and I don't think he will have to worry about his seat.

Forza Jules

I agree, but it will happen. I will bet money on it.

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Keep the faith, Robert!!

Quote Originally Posted by brembo man View Post
    Great to know you! Todt is who he is. Outside of what I saw at the time as favoritism while he was with Ferrari, using team orders when the points didn't matter...
    I hate to disagree with someone who undoubtedly knows more than I do about F1;
    however, I've noticed that a number of WDCs have been won by one or two points,
    so I'm not sure you can ever say that points don't matter.
    I'm sure he's also proud of the fact his son Vincent is the manager of two of our drivers Massa and there fellow Frenchmen Jules Bianchi.
    Hey!! That's right!! Maybe that's why Massa is still at Ferrari and not Kimi??
    You used the term "diplomatic to the nth degree". He's going to have to be if a situation ever arises so as to avoid a conflict of interest.
    Which is how this conversation all started, eh??
    (i.e. Todt not offering opinions unless he's footing the bill!! )

p.s. I'm sure you know that I didn't mean "cool" in regards to temperature!!

Bobby K !! If he read that he'd probably recover immediately! What about his seat? Whats going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Bobby is very highly thought of at Reno and I don't think he will have to worry about his seat.
    I hope so much you are right!
    As long as he is able to return 2011 I agree, he don´t need to worry, but if he is out for longer I´m unfortunatelly not so sure about it. F1 is a very fast moving buissness (in every aspect) and it´s all about money and prestige. We have seen last year at Hockenheim there is no place for humanity in F1 and so I fear Robert may not have unlimited time to return to Reno.
    Stehaufmännchen Felipe - Never give up!

[QUOTE=sagi58;648056]Keep the faith, Robert!!
    I've noticed that a number of WDCs have been won by one or two points,[/COLOR][/I][/B]
    so I'm not sure you can ever say that points don't matter.

Well thats true as long as the math is close like say last year. But in 2002 MS was "given" the 6th race when he had already won 4 of the previous 5 grand prixs. His teamate at the time was dominating that race weekend, but was ordered to pull over and let him pass. A real heartbreaker for the two or three Ferrari fans who liked MS' teamate. Me being one of them. I'm not sure if I ever mention this before. Go ahead and laugh all you want!

Well thats true as long as the math is close like say last year. But in 2002 MS was "given" the 6th race when he had already won 4 of the previous 5 grand prixs...
    I do remember this particular incident and while I agree that it didn't "seem" strictly necessary, is there a possibility there was something else Schumi was on track for? Say the most race wins in a season?

p.s. Why should I laugh? We all have our favourites!!

Thats right on the money! But win the races don't have them handed to you esp. at a teamates expense. I believe he hung around the last year just to beat Senna's pole record. And it made a true champion that he was look bad.

Thats right on the money! But win the races don't have them handed to you esp. at a teamates expense. I believe he hung around the last year just to beat Senna's pole record. And it made a true champion that he was look bad.
    But there's no point being bitter about it is there? Rubens knew the score and he re-signed whilst knowing it so why feel sorry for him when he had ample time to get another drive if his current team weren't right for him? That's why his post Ferrari moan was pretty self indulgent to me.

I don't really think Michael is bothered too much about all of his records. And I doubt he stayed for a whole additional season just to beat the pole record. Nothing is certain in F1, anything could have happened and let's not forget that his final season came after a terrifically bad one.

Also don't forget that Schumacher cried of breaking Senna's victory record at Monza 2000. Very much doubt he would have been bothered to break that one record.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Cheeky Rubens indeed!

Nice words from Nick too

Oh Rubens!!

Awesome video, great support from all drivers.

There you go!! Nose, chin, gambler, no harm meant.

Latest from Autosport on Robert's progress. I think the doctors were a bit non committal like this after Felipe's accident. Still it sounds promising

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89843.

Forza Jules

Better for them to sound over-cautious. I hope to see him back soon, maybe this year, maybe not.
    Forza Jules

Everything is going good ;)

I really don't see him back this season........and sadly if at all...............I hope I am totally wrong on the last point.
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

Quote Originally Posted by siberianlady View Post
    I really don't see him back this season........and sadly if at all...............I hope I am totally wrong on the last point.
    Getting better and home, first and foremost is most important and that seems to be the case. But I also feel the way you do.

Looks like Kubica will need another surgery for his elbow.

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...o-al-gomito%2F

Sounds like his 4th surgery was a success!!

http://sport.libero.it/formula1/7215...vento-riuscito

Any update? any one?

There is a blog with updates on Kubica's condition:

http://robertscomeback.blogspot.com/...ter-first.html

The latest entry -

Thursday, 31.03: Robert Kubica after first "step"
    According to Radio Savona Sound, Robert Kubica, stood yesterday on his left leg for the first time since the accident in Rally Ronde di Andora. For burden his right leg he will have to wait a few days. This is an important event on his way to recover full fitness.

In opinion of the doctors Robert Kubica is set to start walking in the middle of April. Pole is now making some preparations to make a few steps, such as putting his left leg on the floor. As Savona journalists told Robert will have to wait about a week to try to put the other foot on the floor. In the first few weeks he will have to be very careful, and his leg will be loaded up gradually, starting with the 30% level.

We look forward to another positive news from Santa Corona hospital in Pietra Ligure and we believe we will see them in nearest future.
    Forza Jules

I thought he had a hand/arm injury? Did he break bones in his legs as well?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Yeah- he smashed just about everything on his right side- hand, elbow, shoulder, thigh.......not much left of him there........and if you saw the pics of how the crash barrier sliced from the front to the back of the car you would be surprised the bloke survived at all. And to make it worse his right arm was already a binch of metal patch ups from his huge accident in 2003 in some other series. Hope he gets well soon but if he is not on his feet yet it will take a long long time still. Strange touch though......he had invited his countryman and pal ski jumper Ada Malysc to guest rallying with him........Malysc is turning to rallies next year.........respect!
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

Somehow we never got some kind of a 'list' about all of Kubica's injuries. There is one circulating in the net but its not an 'official' one:

http://robertscomeback.blogspot.com/...condition.html

I don't trust this one because its only a summary of everything that was mentioned in the media here and there.

I knew he was in a bad state but to be honest I didn't even realise that he couldn't even walk yet.
    Forza Jules

Very good news. I am Hoping he can return and do well at what he loves. And he is the heir to his friend at his team, imo.

Great news he is walking!

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo