Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Robert Kubica: Updates on his recovery

Damn it! That could have happened to anyone, but he is having some awful luck.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Some people just can't get a break from the bad luck

I really hope he could get back into F1 as soon as possible, as each year passes by, it gets more difficult.

Damn! Hopefully he Gets back as soon as possible.

I think what Kubica needs to do when he gets better, is effectively start his F1 career from scratch again. Its do able but I think this latest injury might make things difficult for the future now, Teams may overlook or be put off him because his "injury prone". I think he should defiantly be given the chance of at least a test drive when he fit again, who knows possibly even by Ferrari.

I want that Robert Kubica returns to the F1 series, but I think that he is doing just the same kind of career as a helicopter accident at the time the injured Alessandro Nannini. So I think that Kubica will drive the future GT, Prototype or Touringcar series.

Ciao. Robert Kubica Fan club in Polonia vi chiede di scrivere un articolo che verrā inserito sul nostro sito web http://klubfanakubicy.blogspot.com/
    vorremmo scoprire che cosa č la vostra opinione su Robert, la sua riabilitazione e le voci sempre pių forte della Ferrari.

Si prega di inviare ai saluti tomaszandruszkiewicz@vp.pl l'indirizzo da fan in Polonia.

More surgery for Kubica to improve elbow mobility

Robert Kubica has undergone more surgery on his elbow as he continues his rehabilitation following his horrific rallying accident last year.

The surgery, which included the successful insertion of two prostheses in his elbow, is aimed at improving the mobility of his right arm to enable him to better handle a steering wheel.

The latest surgery was undertaken after Kubica spent some time in a racing simulator, and Dr Ruggero Testoni, who performed the operation, is confident it will aid Kubica's return to the cockpit.

"This way the driver can handle the full wheel, whereas previously he was unable to rotate the palm down and was forced to pull the hand off the wheel to in left-hand corners," Testoni was quoted by Tuttosport. "The surgery was preceded by a series of simulator tests," he added.

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/80602.html

Good to hear he's been in the simulator and I really hope he is able to come back to F1 in tip-top form.

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Good to hear he's been in the simulator and I really hope he is able to come back to F1 in tip-top form.
    Sorry to be blunt, but i think the chances of him returning to the sport are highly unlikely.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

The cover of Autosport Magazine in the UK here today:

His fans for good reasons do not want to hear that, but after the severity of his injuries became known i thought he will never return to F1. Maybe to some other kind of motorsport, but F1- that would be a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    Sorry to be blunt, but i think the chances of him returning to the sport are highly unlikely.
    i somehow have to agree with you; even if he does come back, there is a small chance he won't be as competitive and on the edge racing driver he was b4 the accident; we've seen that many times
    jsut look at Massa, perfect example...ok just joking here

i have major respect for Robert, and if he does come back, i hope is in the form that he was b4 the accident, but something tells me he won't

Robert Kubica was going to be a mutiple F1 world champion in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i somehow have to agree with you; even if he does come back, there is a small chance he won't be as competitive and on the edge racing driver he was b4 the accident; we've seen that many times
    jsut look at Massa, perfect example...ok just joking here

i have major respect for Robert, and if he does come back, i hope is in the form that he was b4 the accident, but something tells me he won't

I can see him racing in other formulas but not competitively in F1 (i.e. where he left off) any more. The sheer physical affects of what happened will probably plague him for the rest of his life. He is lucky to be alive and we all respect that fact, but it will be nothing short of a miracle if he can (and will be given the opportunity to) achieve the awesome potential we all saw he had.

He's a fighter though and I look forward to seeing what he does do, whatever it is.

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    No apology necessary lol.....

I agree, hence the phrase "really hope". However stranger things have happened, Niki Lauda wasn't in too good shape after his accident/fire on Nurbergring but he still made it back (although his injuries probably weren't as extensive?) to become a world champion.

I guess, time will tell but it would be great to see him back

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    His fans for good reasons do not want to hear that, but after the severity of his injuries became known i thought he will never return to F1. Maybe to some other kind of motorsport, but F1- that would be a miracle.
    i completly agree
    not gonna change my profile picture

Robert Kubica was important to F1 , not just for his driving skills, which were considerable, but for his personality; unpretentious, a sense of humour, utterly committed.
    I'm sure everyone would welcome him back, but, it doesn't look too hopeful - to me. I'd like to be wrong

Was mentioned during the F1 today that Robert was recently testing in a rally car and is meant to be entered into a rally in Italy this weekend....

Good news
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah, but they sounded a bit iffy as to whether he was going to actually compete. I hope someone gives us some news and updates about it all.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Was mentioned during the F1 today that Robert was recently testing in a rally car and is meant to be entered into a rally in Italy this weekend....

Good news
    Yes, I caught a bit of that too. I think they weren't looking to much before 2014 - if at all - for an F1 return? But it was interesting. I think FA made some comments about a possible return a couple of weeks ago. He wasn't optimistic, he wasn't pessimistic. Who knows....it's a nice thought.

Question

He might be going to Rally again for the weekend but is he ever coming back to F1 ? Does anyone know for sure ?
    "Michael showed that he is the greatest. He stole the show today. And he did that without even winning the race." comments from Willi Weber
    D:\estelle\My Folders\F1 Photos\Avitars\e960c1b2.jpg

The latest is that he is getting better but there are serious doubts that the hand/arm is ever strong enough to drive an F1 car with 100% effiency. He can continue living his life normally, that is pretty much given.

I have found this blog a while ago. It follows every news about Robert. So if anyone is interested, he can check it now and then.
    http://robertscomeback.blogspot.cz/

His left hand is a little stiff or is it my idea?

Unfortunately I think that he will never return to F1...at least retains the arm and life.

The hand looks crippled, and he is walking funny

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post
    Unfortunately I think that he will never return to F1...at least retains the arm and life.
    Yeah agreed. In reality, he'll probably never be able to return in a F1 car again where the drivers have to be in perfect shape physically. Time is not on his side.

And yep, at least on the bright side, he survived it and his arm survived. Hopefully in time he'll recover, lead a normal life and maybe even do some form of racing, or work in a different role in auto racing.

He only needs to look at Zanardi for inspiration.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    His left hand is a little stiff or is it my idea?

It is. IIRC, it was nearly completely severed in his accident. I am saddened to see him like this.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus