Thread: Ferrari may undergo new crash test

Ferrari may undergo new crash test

as with all scuderia fans here, I'm confident we'll get our due this season however some of the growing pains associated with a radical design have left me scratching my head a bit at where our out of the bag performance will be. We've all reacted or overreacted to Alonso, Fry's (and even Hamilton's) comments, but to me the potential of having a major chassis change this late in the game that would force a new crash test leaves me slighlty worried, especially with Montezemolo's mildly alarmist tone this week.

Can anyone verify whether these changes are actually taking place, and also curious to get your perspective on what the implications are....

Quote Originally Posted by motorsport.com

Mar.7 (GMM) Ferrari is already working on a major chassis modification that could require the F2012 to undergo a new FIA crash test.

Fernando Alonso, Scuderia Ferrari
    13715.2.jpg
    That is the claim on Wednesday of Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport.
    The report follows Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo's alarm at the team's current situation, with Fernando Alonso expecting Ferrari will have to "suffer" early this season based on recent track testing results.
    "I would like to understand why and above all understand how we can very quickly make the necessary changes," said Montezemolo at the Geneva Motor Show.
    Gazzetta said the modification is to the 2012 car's sidepod area.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...st-report/?i=5
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kheopsb; 7th March 2012 at 21:29.

Uma vez FERRARI, sempre FERRARI

I'll believe it when I hear it from the horse's mouth, till then the claim has no validity.

agreed, just wondering if anyone else had heard this.

Uma vez FERRARI, sempre FERRARI