Thread: Same Stewards for china - more penalties for lewis (i hope)

Cool Same Stewards for china - more penalties for lewis (i hope)

The FIA has confirmed that the three stewards who were on duty at the Malaysian GP will again be operating in China this weekend.

Former Scuderia Italia driver Emanuele Pirro will once again act as the driver representative steward and he will be joined on the panel by FIA Institute Executive Committee member Gary Connelly and Vincenzo Spano, president of the Sporting Commission of the Automobile and Touring Club of Venezuela.

The decision to retain the three will be welcomed by those who have been calling for more consistency from the stewards following last weekend's controversial Malaysian GP.

Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso were slapped with 20-second retrospective penalties for their collision during the race. Hamilton was punished for defending his position too aggressively while the Ferrari driver was handed the penalty for causing the accident.

Their rulings didn't go down well with everyone with BBC F1 commentator Martin Brundle raising concerns about having different stewards every race.

"We did not see anything in the commentary box that raised alarms but the stewards have access to far more footage and data than we do and I suspect they want to set a precedent in this new style of F1 racing," he wrote in his blog.

"The problem is that there will be four different stewards this weekend in China and there needs to be consistency in any decision-making.

"For example, there will be comparisons between what Hamilton did in Sepang and the tactics Felipe Massa adopted in Australia, as well as (Sebastian) Vettel's defensive manouevres going into the first corner."
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!

that will be awesome , i dont mind if Vettel have 1 penaltie at least

Yet more penalties for drivers that dare to try and overtake somewhere other than the straight, and if they clip someone.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Well, so long as our DRS don't malfunction again

I'd like to see Lewis swinging left and right again.

No, not more penalties, but CONSISTENCY. If someone else weaves aka Vettel at the start, I expect him to be punished.......

Alonso's penalty in Malaysia has been one of the most ridicuous things I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Grillo View Post
    Alonso's penalty in Malaysia has been one of the most ridicuous things I remember.
    yep same here, was gobsmacked by that 1
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
    No, not more penalties, but CONSISTENCY. If someone else weaves aka Vettel at the start, I expect him to be punished.......
    well fingers crossed on that 1!! I hope they do keep with the consistency to penalise drivers excessive weaving to defend.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I somehow see this turning into a..Ferrari turning their fortunes around in China to have it stripped away by the stewards.
    we're number one

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Yet more penalties for drivers that dare to try and overtake somewhere other than the straight, and if they clip someone.
    Agreed. The Malaysia penalties were ridiculous and anti-racing.

Same stewards for the race? Thats not a comforting thought!
    Yes they penalised lewis which is great, but they penalised Nando as well. And the penalties themselves were rubbish. I dont think either should have been punished.... FOR RACING!!!!
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    well fingers crossed on that 1!! I hope they do keep with the consistency to penalise drivers excessive weaving to defend.
    I'm not even remotely a Lewis Hamilton fan - in fact, I can't stand the guy. Having said that, I actually think that Lewis had even more reason to be aggrieved at his penalty than did Fernando. He defended his position well, that's all. It was Fernando that clipped him, in a move that was frankly amateur hour. It was a racing incident and neither should've gotten a penalty, especially as Fernando did not even benefit from it.

No, I don't look forward to Lewis being handed out more unnecessary penalties in China. For what? So that we can endure a huge outcry from McLaren fans and even those who don't support the guy? No thanks. I'd rather we did well fair and square and not because we get 'lucky' with crappy steward decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by TIFOSI_FERRARI View Post
    that will be awesome , i dont mind if Vettel have 1 penaltie at least
    Indeed. In fact, why don't ALL the front-runners get slapped with silly penalties just so that our beloved red team can have a 1-2, hey? Wouldn't that be terrific!

And wouldn't it be such a great way to win, hey?

Brother...

I don't want anyone getting penalized unless they absolutely deserved it. Bad or frivolous penalties create uncertainty and inconsistency, and are just plain bad for the sport. F1 does not need to revert back to the bad ol' days when everyone sat around all nervous after a race, just waiting for the stewards to slap their stupid penalties and change the results. To hell with that.

Ferrari needs to up their game, get their cars faster in Q3, improve on their lousy pitstops and genuinely fight for wins. That's the Ferrari that we should aspire for, not one that keeps hoping for the misfortune of others or stewards that might play into our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Vittorio View Post
    Indeed. In fact, why don't ALL the front-runners get slapped with silly penalties just so that our beloved red team can have a 1-2, hey? Wouldn't that be terrific!

Brother...

I don't want anyone getting penalized unless they absolutely deserved it. Bad or frivolous penalties create uncertainty and inconsistency, and are just plain bad for the sport. F1 does not need to revert back to the bad ol' days when everyone sat around all nervous after a race, just waiting for the stewards to slap their stupid penalties and change the results. To hell with that.

Ferrari needs to up their game, get their cars faster in Q3, improve on their lousy pitstops and genuinely fight for wins. That's the Ferrari that we should aspire for, not one that keeps hoping for the misfortune of others or stewards that might play into our hands.
    Yes I agree with this post completely ...
    "Michael showed that he is the greatest. He stole the show today. And he did that without even winning the race." comments from Willi Weber
    D:\estelle\My Folders\F1 Photos\Avitars\e960c1b2.jpg

Brother...

As for Lewis' penalty, its stated clearly in the rules itself that drivers are not allow to make multiple moves like that when defending.

You are only allow to make one move in one direction, and that's it. And I can see why, because if drivers are allow to make multiple moves, then you can actually impede the driver behind to prevent him from passing you regardless of how fast he is and this kills overtaking on the straight.

Right now, drivers are only allow to make one move to either get that driver out of your tow, or to take the defensive line going into a corner, which is fair to me

Lewis finally deserved one - i lost my count how many times he escaped last year.
    they know the rules, he broke it and he accepted that.
    fernando's punishment was riddiculous, that's what you get when you race. i hope it won't happen in china
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
    If its the same bunch they will be duty bound to be consistent. Everyone will be watching to make sure they are. This could be farcical if a lot happens during the race, but they have made a rod for their own backs as they say.

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

I'm not even remotely a Lewis Hamilton fan - in fact, I can't stand the guy. Having said that, I actually think that Lewis had even more reason to be aggrieved at his penalty than did Fernando. He defended his position well, that's all. It was Fernando that clipped him, in a move that was frankly amateur hour. It was a racing incident and neither should've gotten a penalty, especially as Fernando did not even benefit from it.
    Just to be clear, he wasn't given the penalty for the "same" incident.
    His weaving, for lack of a better word, occurred a lap BEFORE Alonso
    clipped his wing! In fact, he stated he fully expected to be penalized,
    once he was called in by the stewards! That tells me he "knew" what
    he'd done!