Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Massa can't overtake - Myth no3

So why does Massa have less than half the championship points of the top 5 drivers while Button currently sits in 3rd place of the WDC when Massa overtakes so well?

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    So why does Massa have less than half the championship points of the top 5 drivers while Button currently sits in 3rd place of the WDC when Massa overtakes so well?
    Because other people have better luck and are consistently faster than him?

Quote Originally Posted by cfmatt View Post
    I dont make stuff up to feel happy about the team...
    yawn, what did I make up?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    yawn, what did I make up?
    ... a light hearted thread that couldn't possibly be mistaken as anything else? Naaaa. Some positivity about the subject of the forum that you would only expect non Ferrari supporters to turn into an attack on one of our drivers? Possibly. An easy outlet for unprompted anger, paranoia and slurs on the whole of TSN? Seemingly

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Thread after thread to deffend Massa. He hasnīt done anything good for a very long time. But then we shall remember 2008 and how fantastic he once WAS!
    He hasnīt got a top 4 finish this year. Despite all brilliant fantastic overtaking.
    If he makes more overtaking than anybody else its because he is so far down the field, where overtaking is easier than up front.

Bring Kubica in for 2012. He will do a better job even if he only has full function in one arm/hand.
    And Smedly, why has he still got a radio that actually transmitting?
    That's exactly what I was thinking!!! (Except the " bring Kubica" thing...)

Lol, sure am waiting for a good weekend from ferrari to share my joy...
    Again, you don't seem to have the full details of the overtakes.I will be truly happy if massa tops the list of most ovrtakes without drs.
    I dont make stuff up to feel happy about the team...a good performace on track like a podium finish will be elating.cheers
    .You sound a barrel of laughs. NOT
    I would imagine that if Massa used DRS for some of his overtakes so did the others.
    I think you have an "I hate Massa" no matter what he does attitude. If he wins the WDC next year I bet you will say the other drivers didn't even try.
    Get over yourself, stop moaning and have a bit of fun and you will feel much happier and more optimistic ----that's what life is all about.
    Sometimes we have a thread on TSN that is meant to be a bit light hearted -----ever thought this is one such

Forza Jules

Love how the haters are so uptight they can't afford a smile

Not once on this thread was Massa defended, performance wise or otherwise, but still the hate arrives.....
    Forza Ferrari

Greg you are so right---Massa receives very little praise here. For some time now Massa fans keep a lot of their thoughts and hopes for him to themselves.
    Some of our more recent members tend to start a long winded dialogue on how useless he is and must be replaced.
    A lot of us avoid getting into such confrontations and usually only post on general threads with team issues.
    I hope he has some great results in the remaining races and next year he proves he is worthy of retaining his seat at Ferrari

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    .You sound a barrel of laughs. NOT
    I would imagine that if Massa used DRS for some of his overtakes so did the others.
    I think you have an "I hate Massa" no matter what he does attitude. If he wins the WDC next year I bet you will say the other drivers didn't even try.
    Get over yourself, stop moaning and have a bit of fun and you will feel much happier and more optimistic ----that's what life is all about.
    Sometimes we have a thread on TSN that is meant to be a bit light hearted -----ever thought this is one such
    lol..I don't even hate massa..I just want to see the stats of all the overtakes with n without DRS..n I will decide if their performance this year...why not post a link showing all that n then judge a driver...

lol..I don't even hate massa..I just want to see the stats of all the overtakes with n without DRS..n I will decide if their performance this year...why not post a link showing all that n then judge a driver...
    Go count them then and post your findings the stats were not a judge of any driver
    Forza Ferrari

Nor do they bust any myth

myth - Massa can't overtake
    stats - Massa can overtake

Not hard to understand, stop being retarded
    Forza Ferrari

Nor do they bust any myth
    Did you not understand that they weren't meant to? It seems that your disgruntlement at one of our drivers stopped you from seeing that this was a light-hearted thread - as the OP pointed out!

Anyone who watches F1 knows that the massive number of overtakes in 2011 are due to DRS - just as we all know that the drivers with the largest number are the ones that have had to fight from either the back or the midfield this season.

This is not really something that is either surprising or stated as a serious defence of Massa and even if it were its just surprising how much negativity it has created and how little support.

The only surprising thing in there is that the 2nd driver of the team with the best car (by miles) this season has managed to get himself into situations requiring 3 times more overtaking than his team mate..... and he's not had the lack of luck of Massa either....

baby Vettel had the ultimate Single-Seater car, but still so weak to Overtake
    it's normal to the driver like Massa, who had the 3th fast car to Overtake
    +
    Just Give Massa the Fast car and he will show everyBody how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Not hard to understand, stop being retarded
    Bit rich coming from you considering you come from a country where everyone speaks like retards (put a smiley face at the end then it all means well doesn't it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    It is one of my greatest F1 "sadnesses" that the pitcrew screwed up in Singapore.
    For me Felipe is the real, biggest and best champion to come out of 2008. While I was sad about that pitstop, that wasn't the real problem. The real problem was there should only have been 2 Ferrari's racing that year.

good point apart from the fact there was nothing technical on the McLaren that came from Ferrari lol
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Putting someone 20 laps down deserves at least a handshake IMO.

not if it is McLaren

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

This thread has certainly dragged out the usual suspects and their negativity.
    Forza Jules

Yeah, because Massa gives so many reasons to put a smile on the face.
    The slowest of the 2 Ferraridrivers each year hasnīt had such a bad year in the last decade.
    Even Rubens 2005 season was better than Massas this year. Thats how good Massa is today. And the 2005 Ferrari was really slow thanks to the rubber.
    Thats pure facts. You seem to like numbers. Check them out.

And yeah, Massa binned the first two races in 2008. But lets blame the pitstop and forget his rookie driving in the beginning of the year.

I LIKED Felipe, but Germany 2010 showed how proud he was over driving a Ferrari.

And yeah, Massa binned the first two races in 2008. But lets blame the pitstop and forget his rookie driving in the beginning of the year.
    Malaysia 2008 has been mentioned TONS of times as one of the reasons he lost the WDC that year.
    What other numbers do you have seeing as apparently we like them?
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    Forza Jules

You know I am relatively new here and as previously admitted because I was (and still am) a Fernando fan. But I came to love Ferrari and its tradition but what I have seen here of late is unbelievable. The team is doing its best and it hasn't worked this year........but we need to accept we can't be the best all the time. Fernando knows that, Felipe knows that and so does Ferrari..........does not stop us hoping we'll win again. Just don't understand all the backbiting right now.........we have enough of that with Red Bull and McLatas etc........so c'mon folks pull together and stop being such wimps looking for faults either with the engineers or with the drivers or the car ot the other teams are cheating or whatever........we were just not good enough this year......and only when the total package is fine will the results come........
    Rant over.............
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    This thread has certainly dragged out the usual suspects and their negativity.
    Yep. Meanwhile I'm getting doubts about myself. Something must be wrong, I mean, I first came here as an Alonsofan following him to his new team. The real fans here and the way the team welcomed Fernando has slowly turned me into a Ferrarifan also.
    And above all that I also like Felipe Massa. Felipe is a good driver having a few not to good seasons after being robbed of a championship and almost getting killed. But also a driver who will always give his very best to a team that has also been very loyal to him.
    I know that something must change. Felipe knows that too, he knows he must improve again to stay part of Ferrari.
    What I don't understand is that some so-called Ferrari fans or Alonso fans just start to critisize him instead of supporting him. Supporting Fernando is easy, he does great and doesn't even need support these days.
    But this is a team and both drivers are part of it. So my thought is that as long as Felipe is driving for us he should get our support. Or are we just doing that when he get's over this dip and starts winning again? Then it will be much easier, I agree.
    But as I said before, something must be wrong with me.........
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    So my thought is that as long as Felipe is driving for us he should get our support. Or are we just doing that when he get's over this dip and starts winning again? Then it will be much easier, I agree.
    Probably. Personally I don't understand fairweather supporters but maybe that's just me.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Probably. Personally I don't understand fairweather supporters but maybe that's just me.
    Correction: us.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

And yeah, Massa binned the first two races in 2008..
    No he didn't. He lost an engine at Australia. He did tangle with Coulthard but that didn't end his race. Get your facts straight if you are going to bash a Ferrari driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post

Thread after thread to deffend Massa. He hasnīt done anything good for a very long time. But then we shall remember 2008 and how fantastic he once WAS!
    He hasnīt got a top 4 finish this year. Despite all brilliant fantastic overtaking.
    If he makes more overtaking than anybody else its because he is so far down the field, where overtaking is easier than up front.

Bring Kubica in for 2012. He will do a better job even if he only has full function in one arm/hand.
    And Smedly, why has he still got a radio that actually transmitting?
    Youre a pretty negative type, aintcha...You should get a hobby..Ive an idea..how about Formula 1?? All you need to do is pick a team to root for, n you
    are on your way..there ya go..happy againe!!