+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

  1. #901
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maributo Key
    Posts
    5,229
    I think its easier to pick how many Ferrari F1 cars were ugly than to pick beauty's...there were so many..beauty's I mean..

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by T van R View Post
    IMO Old Ferrari's major difference in appearance from the new Ferraris (2009, 2010, 2011) is color. Old Ferraris have brighter red color than new Ferraris.

    In other word:
    Old Ferraris has-----------------------------30 % orange color + 70 % red color
    New Ferraris (2009, 2010, 2011)-------------20 % pink color + 80 % red color
    We switched to Marlboro Red in 1997 when they became our main sponsor (and stopped sponsoring Mclaren), hence the brighter, more orangey red.

  3. #903
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    738
    ferrari-2012.jpg

    preview updated
    Race victories 219
    Pole positions 205
    Fastest laps 225
    Words of what???We are the F1!!!Any Doubts???

  4. #904
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    946
    From Joseluis:
    • In the tunnel, the fund gives aerodynamic gain 5 points, background + diffuser = 7 points, background + diffuser + modified parts = 9 points
    • The new fund + diffuser gives 1 point less than in the CFD, no modified car parts would be 'undriveable'
    • With all the parts, the car is going very well, increasing downforce improves balance, motor skills and some tires
    • The problem now is to make all parts, for the first test is impossible, are watching when you put it, the issue is very complicated
    • Byrne and is working on a development fund which they hope to get 3 points more aerodynamic

    It was mentioned earlier that one point = 0.05s.

  5. #905
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    From Joseluis:
    • In the tunnel, the fund gives aerodynamic gain 5 points, background + diffuser = 7 points, background + diffuser + modified parts = 9 points
    • The new fund + diffuser gives 1 point less than in the CFD, no modified car parts would be 'undriveable'
    • With all the parts, the car is going very well, increasing downforce improves balance, motor skills and some tires
    • The problem now is to make all parts, for the first test is impossible, are watching when you put it, the issue is very complicated
    • Byrne and is working on a development fund which they hope to get 3 points more aerodynamic

    It was mentioned earlier that one point = 0.05s.
    For Ferrari 25 points = 1s, meaning 1 point = 0.4 tenths (4 hundreds of a second).

    So 9 points amount to 3.6 tenths, which is a good effort.

  6. #906
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    20
    The scale Ferrari aerodynamic estimates that each point is one-half tenth (0.05s)
    so it will be 0.45 sec

  7. #907
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by eslam1986 View Post
    The scale Ferrari aerodynamic estimates that each point is one-half tenth (0.05s)
    so it will be 0.45 sec
    For Ferrari, it's 25 points for one second. Maybe your mind cannot understand that, but it's how Ferrari does it.

  8. #908
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    For Ferrari, it's 25 points for one second. Maybe your mind cannot understand that, but it's how Ferrari does it.
    no it's for mclaren who 25 points for one second as witmarsh say befor
    for ferrari It was mentioned earlier that one point = 0.05s.
    also @Truzonef1 say that

  9. #909
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    20
    Updating the sketch of the nose of the Ferrari 2012
    6710465341_4ab73fe6b2_z.jpg

  10. #910
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by eslam1986 View Post
    no it's for mclaren who 25 points for one second as witmarsh say befor
    for ferrari It was mentioned earlier that one point = 0.05s.
    also @Truzonef1 say that
    Then it's the same for Ferrari and McLaren. 0.04s / point

  11. #911
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by eslam1986 View Post
    no it's for mclaren who 25 points for one second as witmarsh say befor
    for ferrari It was mentioned earlier that one point = 0.05s.
    also @Truzonef1 say that
    Then it's the same for Ferrari and McLaren. 0.04s / point

  12. #912
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    unknow
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by luicchi View Post
    Attachment 4437

    preview updated
    i know this is not a wining car,why nothings change full of words,maybe redbull will gain more and mclaren only the front wing and airbox was change and pullrods the problem is in sidepod,its the same as 2011 ugly expect weak ferrari with this design

  13. #913
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Then it's the same for Ferrari and McLaren. 0.04s / point
    Damn it, I replied twice.

  14. #914
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Then it's the same for Ferrari and McLaren. 0.04s / point
    Damn it, I replied twice.

  15. #915
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by scudvirgin10 View Post
    i know this is not a wining car,why nothings change full of words,maybe redbull will gain more and mclaren only the front wing and airbox was change and pullrods the problem is in sidepod,its the same as 2011 ugly expect weak ferrari with this design
    That is NOT the real car it's not even a preview
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

  16. #916
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Then it's the same for Ferrari and McLaren. 0.04s / point
    not the same
    for ferrari It was mentioned earlier that one point = 0.05s.
    for mclaren it's 0.04s / point

  17. #917
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    93
    Is it wining car or not?

  18. #918
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by eslam1986 View Post
    not the same
    for ferrari It was mentioned earlier that one point = 0.05s.
    for mclaren it's 0.04s / point
    Tombazis said it's 25p for one second.

  19. #919
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,537
    Quote Originally Posted by jgdswaran View Post
    Is it wining car or not?
    No one knows until comes the first test session next month

    That's when we will see all the small signs of who's the front running car by observing stuff like how fast the car goes through a corner, how early the car can deploy the DRS after exiting a corner, the amount of steering work the driver is doing going through a fast corner, and so on.

    No matter how the teams may hide the lap times, you can't hide the downforce a car have. It was obvious from the test session last year that the Red Bull were going to dominate despite what the lap times say. We'll see.

  20. #920
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Tombazis said it's 25p for one second.
    if he said that ok you word are right

  21. #921
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    78
    Scuderia Ferrari twitter
    "16 days to the unveiling of the new Ferrari Formula 1 car, scheduled on 3 Feb. Everything is working according to plans here in Maranello. The first chassis is already in the assembling department of the Gestione Sportiva."
    JoseLuis's source must have high position to give us such detailed infos about aerodynamic gains. However there is some logic behind developments and some things will unveiled at presentation of new 663.

  22. #922
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,610
    Title says:-
    "Formula 1: Ferrari 2011 and 2012 to comparison according to the first rumors"


  23. #923
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    1,992
    Heard it may be called the F12
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

  24. #924
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    C R O A T I A
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    Heard it may be called the F12
    i think i read somewhere that James Allen said that it would be probably called F2012

  25. #925
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    827
    I suggest they name the car after the first test. If they think the car won't be a world beater give it a name like F150B, however if they confident with the car then give it something epic.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

  26. #926
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    I suggest they name the car after the first test. If they think the car won't be a world beater give it a name like F150B, however if they confident with the car then give it something epic.
    how about some cheese like F'Epic F could be for alonso.. or Ferrari.. or F... just kidding

    can't wait for FA to take pole and then the checker in Australia

  27. #927
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    631
    could be the F-u lol

  28. #928
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,169
    "AUTOSPORT understands that Ferrari has also been working on the front ‘f-duct’ concept tried by Mercedes last season, which redirects the airflow to cut drag at high speed."

  29. #929
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,610

  30. #930
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    308
    This ferrari news is very good, considering that we seem to be on top of lotus' and merc new design features and changing our tyre handling and new floor. However are there any rumours of McLaren or RedBull developments aside from claims of new speed etc?

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts