Page 10 of 161 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324356085110 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

tbh, if LdM finds them 'amazing' then it is fine.
    i need to find his tailor

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    i need to find his tailor
    I need to find his hair stylist

The future is RED

new rumours from our spanish twitters...

"If the new Ferrari cooling system allows them to put more radical pontoons could be the level of RB in the 1st race"
    "The initial design is perhaps radical, however the secret is not just reduce the 'drag' but to increase downforce"
    "Is that this relationship is not exactly so, there are effects that generate downforce at the expense of 'drag'."
    "The real secret is finding the perfect balance between them. But surely reduce the 'drag' is a breakthrough."

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    new rumours from our spanish twitters...

"If the new Ferrari cooling system allows them to put more radical pontoons could be the level of RB in the 1st race"
    What does that mean ? Only if we have radical pontoons and cooling system we can run same pace as RB ?

What the heck is radical poontangs?

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    What the heck is radical poontangs?
    From what i understood it are sidepots but i can be wrong.

Thumbs up

More stuff from joseluis and Truzonef1:

• Red Bull are looking for an exit as effective as the F150 º which is a serious concern for Newey, and more if it improves
    • Certainly, the effective output system F150 º, advance as a rumor (among others) prior to submission and fulfilled
    • The redesign of the pontoons of 663 will be even more radical than the RB7, freeing apparently quite flat background space.
    • This will allow the passage of clean air flow over the diffuser and rear wing lower level [beam wing?] and therefore generate more downforce.
    • Ferrari to imitate as well RB7 to eliminate all hot air outlets of the pontoons and pass a greater flow through engine cover.
    • The new cooling system would circulate the heat more quickly and remove the cover to improve airflow.
    • If Ferrari really manages to have this design on the pontoons and not suffer overheating it could be a great step forward.

http://twitter.com/#!/joseluisf1
    http://twitter.com/#!/Truzonef1

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    More stuff from joseluis and Truzonef1:

• Red Bull are looking for an exit as effective as the F150 º which is a serious concern for Newey, and more if it improves
    • Certainly, the effective output system F150 º, advance as a rumor (among others) prior to submission and fulfilled
    • The redesign of the pontoons of 663 will be even more radical than the RB7, freeing apparently quite flat background space.
    • This will allow the passage of clean air flow over the diffuser and rear wing lower level [beam wing?] and therefore generate more downforce.
    • Ferrari to imitate as well RB7 to eliminate all hot air outlets of the pontoons and pass a greater flow through engine cover.
    • The new cooling system would circulate the heat more quickly and remove the cover to improve airflow.
    • If Ferrari really manages to have this design on the pontoons and not suffer overheating it could be a great step forward.

http://twitter.com/#!/joseluisf1
    http://twitter.com/#!/Truzonef1
    Not sure what the first point exactly means?

The future is RED

Anyone knows whats a pontoon?

Something is "so it is even smaller than those of RB. The real truth is that the X-Italy (radiografia de Italia) is the inspiration"
    What the heck is X-Italy ???

Pontoons - my guess Sidepods

so if just 50% of those rumours are correct than we will see indeed one "radical" car next year ! :)

Can it be the replacement of Kers system under radiator.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Anyone knows whats a pontoon?
    they are sidepods
    not gonna change my profile picture

A bit confusing, but remember the only race we won this year, where the 150 was a match for the RB..is my guess about the
    "RB are looking for an exit as effective as the F150"...has to do with Ferrari's design sidepod/diffuser area's.

Thanks for the answers. It makes sense now, so they are trying to design the sidepod to get an even tighter rear package than RB.

This is all sounds interesting and also a little vague. But from what I gather from these rumors the 663 will have..

- more aggressive tighter looking sidepods than the RB7
    - this will then lead to more space on the floor cleaning up airflow to rear parts of the car thus creating more downforce.
    - A new cooling system that somehow speeds up the way hot air exits the car will eliminate the need for hot air outlets on bodywork of the car to further improve air flow and downforce.

If these are true and Ferrari manage to pull these ideas off we will defiantly be a contender from the first race.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

And it makes sense that we would need a new heating system to get tighter sidepods because the reason Newey lobbied so hard to have the Renault engine instead of ours in the beginning was because our engine gets very hot and Newey's aggressively tight housing for the Redbull would not have been able to keep the engine from cooking itself. So this rumor doesn't seem as farfetched anymore

I want to see it now.... the F663 is rising, i cant wait!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    I want to see it now.... the F663 is rising, i cant wait!
    I believe it's called the F2012 663 is the internal name
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    A bit confusing, but remember the only race we won this year, where the 150 was a match for the RB..is my guess about the
    "RB are looking for an exit as effective as the F150"...has to do with Ferrari's design sidepod/diffuser area's.

I believe you're right, once the EBD was disabled or dialed back, Ferrari was quicker than both the RB & Mclaren. If that's the case then Ferrari isn't starting as far back as people seem to think. With EBD gone next year, the fact that the F150 did not integrate it's EBD system so completely into it's design could mean the Ferrari may be very competitive if not the quickest car next season, or at the least, competitive from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I believe you're right, once the EBD was disabled or dialed back, Ferrari was quicker than both the RB & Mclaren. If that's the case then Ferrari isn't starting as far back as people seem to think. With EBD gone next year, the fact that the F150 did not integrate it's EBD system so completely into it's design could mean the Ferrari may be very competitive if not the quickest car next season, or at the least, competitive from the start.
    yep.. and that was proven by the win at silverstone
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!

Counting the days to the first race..
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Ferrari to use revised front wing in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
    Ferrari will bring a modified version of its Red Bull Racing-style front wing to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, on the back of the bizarre problems that Felipe Massa encountered in India recently.
    Source : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96019

This is interesting

EDIT : This was posted on the other thread " Ferrari qoutes & news Abu Dhabi GP'11 " so i apologise for posting this here .
    Last edited by number 13; 8th November 2011 at 14:54.

No 13 where are you from???I'm from kiato-korinthos!!!!!!

worry about reliability. the F2007 was the last time Ferrari changed a lot compared to normal, and the car had quite a few problems compared at the start of the year. but then, testing should iron that out

dont understand what Newey wants with the Ferrari, though

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    Not sure what the first point exactly means?
    As it supposedly seems that Ferrari have recovered about 20% of the downforce lost due to the ban on the EBD. Newey is looking for something similar to what the F150 currently has (Silverstone performance) and is concerned that this will still be improved on by Ferrari.
    Last edited by Ferrari2183; 8th November 2011 at 18:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari2183 View Post
    As it supposedly seems that Ferrari have recovered about 20% of the downforce lost due to the ban on the EBD. Newey is looking for something similar to what the F150 currently has (Silverstone performance) and is concerned that this will still be improved on by Ferrari.
    I like the sound of that, hopefully that time Newey is left scratching he's head on gives us more time to out develop them in other areas

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari2183 View Post
    That's awesome!

Hope Newey is preparing to eat some Italian dust next year!

The future is RED

So its confirmed that they will mount both cars with new wing in Abu Dhabi... It is modified version and I hope they solved that ultra-flexing-sparks-in-your-eyes problem... :)

Abu Dhabi Front Wings.

also, the nose looks a little different to me.

maybe experimenting Mercs f-duct?

It was great to see Vettel's wing fluttering today. It shows that we are on the right track and the important thing for us is that one wing was fluttering and the other wasn't. We can do more analysis and find out why this is the case.

Anyway, some more positive stuff posted on twitter:

Alonso describes the design of Ferrari in 2012 of 'cutting edge'
    http://twitter.com/#!/joseluisf1/sta...04204943618048
    Pat Fry is convinced of having competitive car for 2012 with the prohibition of exhausts blown and error correction F150 º
    http://twitter.com/#!/joseluisf1/sta...15632266133508