Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    I would like to know, how can FIA be sure that the wings that past the test on thursdays are the same that are being raced. Do they use FIA stickers to mark the parts? Teams sometimes use more than 1 wing during qualy or race.
    Because the cars are scrutinised when they go into parc ferme after qaulifying and also after the race.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

I've trawled lots of Mclaren photos and video from Spa, Monza and Singapore and in every photo (bar the one above), their front wing looks fine. I don't personally think they're cheating. Does anyone know what session and part of the track that photo was taken in? I 'think' it's the climb out of Eau Rouge, where all front wings suffer a lot of vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    I've trawled lots of Mclaren photos and video from Spa, Monza and Singapore and in every photo (bar the one above), their front wing looks fine. I don't personally think they're cheating. Does anyone know what session and part of the track that photo was taken in? I 'think' it's the climb out of Eau Rouge, where all front wings suffer a lot of vibration.
    andrew benson reports that gary anderson said that new front wing test is given due to redbull's front wing in singapore , not mclaren's.

FIA revises F1 flexi wing test to stop teams using trick designs
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103056
    AKROCKS

Have Mclaren and Red-bull already modified their wings in order to pass the test...because even they knew that FIA would strengthened the tests for Front wing....
    AKROCKS

heres another picture..
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by anupa2k View Post
    Have Mclaren and Red-bull already modified their wings in order to pass the test...because even they knew that FIA would strengthened the tests for Front wing....
    Yes FIA always inform the teams of changes in the test beforehand. I think the FIA's aim is to prevent, rather than catching someone red handed and disqualify them. If a team wants to take the risk and get caught, then that's their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Yes FIA always inform the teams of changes in the test beforehand. I think the FIA's aim is to prevent, rather than catching someone red handed and disqualify them. If a team wants to take the risk and get caught, then that's their fault.
    Think they shouldnt tell them. Catch them red handed and disqualify them, teach them and other teams that are cheating a lesson. This way just feels like they saying, ok if you cheating, we will turn blind eye but make changes before we do test them again at upcoming race.

the same parts of the cars must be a identical talking from tehnical view.they can`t race a part of the car diferent to one who past the load test

Friday's almost upon us and we have to be content with just a single pic of the F2012....

Quote Originally Posted by SoumyaBanerjee View Post
    Friday's almost upon us and we have to be content with just a single pic of the F2012....
    There you go:

Now you have to explain to us whats new on our car apart obvious new hyper-aerodynamical-shoe-part on the nose of F2012... :)

ONly if Redbull get slowed by the wing test,that would be good cause at the moment we only need to increase the lead to Vettel,Hamilton is a bit far away and i dont think he would go on a series of 6 wins..so if Ferrari can beat redbull i think Nando can be WDC..

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    There you go:

Now you have to explain to us whats new on our car apart obvious new hyper-aerodynamical-shoe-part on the nose of F2012... :)
    Ted Kravitz and Gary Anderson were to see such creative upgrade..

Ok guys,
    But seriously any news on what interesting updates ferrari have for this weekend??

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Think they shouldnt tell them. Catch them red handed and disqualify them, teach them and other teams that are cheating a lesson. This way just feels like they saying, ok if you cheating, we will turn blind eye but make changes before we do test them again at upcoming race.
    Yeah, I do agree that making surprise check to catch any potential cheaters red handed will be a good way of sending a strong message to others not to mess around with the rules.

Questions must be asked at Ferrari
    Crofty says Ferrari must solve wind tunnel problems

Despite leading the Championship, Fernando Alonso and Ferrari's position owes more to reliability and ailments of their rivals rather than outright pace from the Scuderia.

A new rear was trialled and abandoned in Singapore after the resulting aero performance was not as expected.
    Live on Sky Sports

"At Ferrari the question they really need to answer is why are they coming up with parts in the wind tunnel and they are coming up with parts in the factory but they are not necessarily parts that are working out at the race track," Crofty told Sky Sports News Radio.

"Fernando Alonso might have led the World Championship for the last seven races but he's not finished in the top two since his win in Germany - he desperately needs a really good weekend.

"Ferrari have switched their wind tunnel usage to the Toyota factory in Cologne, it's not that far I suppose from Maranello, but it is not what they would have wanted. It is the second time in a couple of seasons that Ferrari have had troubles with their wind tunnel and the data not correlating. They need a strong car, they need a strong weekend and maybe if it doesn't come at Suzuka, it will come in Korea or India after that.

"But for Fernando Alonso, just two good weekends might be enough to secure him the World Drivers' title. But the gap is closing and the rivals are all queuing up behind him and he might have led the World Championship for seven races yet, but he is not home and hosed. Alonso desperately wants a good weekend and what better way would there be to start this final stretch than with an impressive weekend.

"He is going to face stiff competition in Japan though from Hamilton and McLaren and Vettel and Red Bull who are chasing their third win in four years at this Japanese track - Vettel was so dominant in qualifying last year and Red Bull are aiming for a fourth successive Suzuka pole. You have to respect Red Bull at this track, you have to respect Hamilton, but Alonso is not too shabby either."

Meanwhile, on the driver front, some reports continue to link Paul di Resta with a move to Ferrari as a replacement for Felipe Massa, however Crofty is positive that move for the Scot is not on the cards.

"Yeah that's not going to happen," he added. "I think Ferrari will take Felipe Massa for another season. I am convinced they are still waiting to see if Robert Kubica can return to Formula 1 or not, they've given him every chance to do so and would love to partner him with Fernando Alonso.

"Paul di Resta may end up being the unlucky man in the driver merry-go-round, where he doesn't actually end up at a different team. I think di Resta is an exceptional talent and we will see more to come from him in the years to come.

"You could argue that Lewis Hamilton has rather nicked the place he was earmarked for at Mercedes - that's just the way it goes unfortunately in life and Paul has just got to keep putting the performances in and people will take notice and who knows where he might end up."

All suspiciously quiet including photo streams...
    Rumour-Camp says:
    "Suspension, rear spoiler, new exhaust and other old with evolution (as a fallback), mod. Aerodynamic. DRS enhancements and a new exhaust system ... And adjustments to suit the circuit. The new Ferrari exhaust may be tested in FP1 and 2 ..."
    "A rear spoiler 'raparado' will be tested in Suzuka in F2012, this time is expected to function, the DRS may also have some improvement"
    "Changes in background, diffuser, exhaust system and rear spoiler for # F2012 in Suzuka. The rear wing is key. The layout features are favorables.Falta finish running the joint evolution of Singapore, so the key is the RW"
    "In Suzuka Ferrari will test the rear wing in Singapore q not work with some slight modifications.
    The fondoplano-diffuser also receive minor modifications to gain more cargo. The F2012 should be competitive at Suzuka."

So if Ferrari have already started using Toyota's windtunnel then we might see good working updates at the Indian GP..

All suspiciously quiet including photo streams...
    Rumour-Camp says:
    "Suspension, rear spoiler, new exhaust and other old with evolution (as a fallback), mod. Aerodynamic. DRS enhancements and a new exhaust system ... And adjustments to suit the circuit. The new Ferrari exhaust may be tested in FP1 and 2 ..."
    "A rear spoiler 'raparado' will be tested in Suzuka in F2012, this time is expected to function, the DRS may also have some improvement"
    "Changes in background, diffuser, exhaust system and rear spoiler for # F2012 in Suzuka. The rear wing is key. The layout features are favorables.Falta finish running the joint evolution of Singapore, so the key is the RW"
    "In Suzuka Ferrari will test the rear wing in Singapore q not work with some slight modifications.
    The fondoplano-diffuser also receive minor modifications to gain more cargo. The F2012 should be competitive at Suzuka."
    Hope all the updates work and we win...

Im hearing that Williams are going to be running new exhaust outlets aswell, but like ours (and Mclarens)
    Last edited by Rob; 4th October 2012 at 15:38. Reason: spelt Williams with 1 L

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    Because the cars are scrutinised when they go into parc ferme after qaulifying and also after the race.
    Ok, so they would need to do the wing deflection test several times during the weekend. The procedures are still a bit unclear to me.

Is that black vent next to the FIAT logo on the Air Box cover new? I don't believe I have seen that before.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Can't see any vent there. There is just a cover of some inlets (pneumatic valve system or something similar)

Some pictures from today...

Last edited by wacc; 4th October 2012 at 16:46.

There you go:

Thanks a lot,mate :) :)

Someone posted a link on anothefsiye that reR wing worked in Si.gapoure apart from vertical gills at the bottom but not possible to use old gills with new main wing as not manufactured. If this is true and other upgrades work I still think wt is fundamently fine but its how we incorporate exhaust and tyre flows into the data that does not work. Same with the fw s that never worked seemed to be the end plates that were issue and they are affected by flow from wheels. Seems updates to main part of fw were incorporTed from those versions apart from the end plates.

McLaren do not have a legal wing in Japan so will have to race like this. Might help Hamilton as if battles Maldonado or Grosjean there is less car to break.
    Last edited by mark p; 4th October 2012 at 19:39.

Wish people would not quote images if possible
    Forza Ferrari

that front wing above is a lot different than one in singapore

where are exactly different wings

ako mozes zemjace pokazi gde su razlicita,ne pratim dobro Mklr,pa nemogu tacno usporediti oba krila