Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Red passion View Post
    this is your opinion that Ferrari has a poor dept on aerodynamics or did you read it somewhere, but Luca mentioned a very important point on aero, lots of time spent in wind tunnels, tweaking a piece of a front wing which adds no real value to the contest, the fans can't really see the benefit etc, engine power and pure grunt is what racing should be about.
    I don't think everyone needs to add IMO to every post do they, it's a forum off course its an opinion and based from what we see on track. Maybe you see great aero

Luca did say that, which suggests even more we are struggling on aero hence he wants to reduce it, if we were the best at aero he would not be saying let's reduce it
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    I'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about! Why the hell would Ferrari want to copy from any of those teams?! That sounds like one of those wild conspiracy theories that Macca fans and Red Bull fans(if there is even such a thing as "Red Bull fan") would spread around

Come on man you don't seriously believe that do you?
    If anything it's the damn Macca that wants to copy from us... remember 2007???
    I always find it funny when Mac fans talk about copying after what went down that year.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I don't think everyone needs to add IMO to every post do they, it's a forum off course its an opinion and based from what we see on track. Maybe you see great aero

Luca did say that, which suggests even more we are struggling on aero hence he wants to reduce it, if we were the best at aero he would not be saying let's reduce it
    it was a simple question did you read it or was it your opinion, as ever you have been most helpful clarifying your stance.

jeez

Oh I never noticed any question marks.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    I always find it funny when Mac fans talk about copying after what went down that year.
    I know, right?!

The Macca fans are a really sad bunch anyway...

Oh, I never noticed any question marks.
    Fixed that for you, since grammer is so important for you.

Fixed that for you, since grammer is so important for you.
    Thanks, its grammar by the way though.
    Forza Ferrari

I no, I no.

I no, I no.
    Me two!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    Me two!

Wut u ta1king aboot Griegŋ

And, it's 'it's', not 'its'.......ouch!

please respect the forum and do not bypass the swear filter

so apparently the big update will now be in India

Too late!RB has introduced super DDRS.And it worked perfectly today as you saw.

'BIG Updates' how can we believe it.

Stefano D may have came across as too optimistic at times when he said last year that its the final year of disappointment or something like that, but ultimately Ferrari never promise us anything. They want to produce a winning car more than anyone else, but not everything has been going right for the team. For one, the wind tunnel, its been giving us a headache since last year. Unfortunately due to the limited testing, problems like this won't reveal itself until we finally test on track in the following year and we get a nasty surprise.

Alonso said a big update was coming for Korea, and now reports are saying India. And before Suzuka they said a big update was due for Singapore. What is going on?
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    Alonso said a big update was coming for Korea, and now reports are saying India. And before Suzuka they said a big update was due for Singapore. What is going on?
    Where are they saying India?
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

i dont think we can prepare a big update in near future because there is only one week to Korean Gp.Back to back races are more like you have the same car.So we can see a step forward maybe in India if the tunnel allow

They did indeed bought several updates to Singapore including a new rear wing. Unfortunately the rear wing didn't work.

as Alonso said, its now 6 races that have gone by without any important updates.

I think its safe to say if this next "big" update doesn't work well we're done. RB doesn't need anymore updates for the rest of the season with their speed, though I'm sure they'll have some.

WTH....the next big upgrade was for Korea?? ..why is it postponed to INDIA?? ...why is ferrari so slow...FERRARI has to do something....and fast...as alonso could have been 4 time world Champion by end of this season(i.e including 2010)...but atleast this year he should win...???...and can anyone put a link abt the upgrade regarding INDIA race.. and will this ferrari....be able to do something in korea???
    or will it again be same old.."DAMAGE LIMITATION!!"

I know it doesn't sound good, but could we buy out Adrian Newey!
    'Coz Luca and SD are persistant about Wind tunnel and updates and keep saying "we must do this, we must do that".
    I want to see them win! Please team! We are legendary for our racing and now we are having so many issues with technicalities and management.
    For millions of fans around the world it's really heart-breaking every year to be seeing another title go out of our hands.
    It's heart-breaking to be speaking of damage limitation and finshing ahead of rivals, when actually we should be going out there and be the fastest car on track and winning races!

Ferrari have approach Adrian Newey in the past. I believe Newey rejected the offer because he didn't want to move to Italy.

Alonso said 'for the coming races' IIRC. The first time I heard a proper time for them to be introduced was today, when they said India.
    But they might bring parts to test for India to Korea.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

End of day, as much as i like Ferrari for saying updates coming and being honest, i think should go back to the old days and start behaving like RBR, just to shut everyone up and stop talking about updates and how good they are or as press like to do say how bad they are and how bad we are doing. Dont give nothing away. Like Newey said on grid, when Brundle asked about updates and changes he said no comment and even Horner wouldnt go into nothing apart from saying few details.

End of day people jumping up and down saying need updates why wait till whenever to bring them. Got to make sure they work, because if they fitted the parts then still didnt work people would be saying why didnt they test them better, the team knows what they are doing and needs to be done.

(Rant over)
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    End of day, as much as i like Ferrari for saying updates coming and being honest, i think should go back to the old days and start behaving like RBR, just to shut everyone up and stop talking about updates and how good they are or as press like to do say how bad they are and how bad we are doing. Dont give nothing away. Like Newey said on grid, when Brundle asked about updates and changes he said no comment and even Horner wouldnt go into nothing apart from saying few details.

End of day people jumping up and down saying need updates why wait till whenever to bring them. Got to make sure they work, because if they fitted the parts then still didnt work people would be saying why didnt they test them better, the team knows what they are doing and needs to be done.

(Rant over)
    I see what you are saying Rob, and I kinda agree. RedBull came out of nowhere with this pace, but they brought a fair amount of parts to Singapore and Japan, but nobody was really that bothered, they were focusing on our wind tunnel and Lewis moving teams.

They do things on the down low, because they can. They barely have any fans, while Ferrari has millions of fans worldwide who also demand news. They try their best to play everything down, but they can't do much to stop everyone finding out what they are bringing and when.

http://www.formula1.com/news/technic.../878/1012.html

Red Bull came up with their clever DDRS system.Any news about if Ferrari will prepare it or not?It may help us a lot especially in qualify.I know it is a complicated system but championship is now under danger.Newey this time copied another idea and took them front of us.Also there is an Italian article on the net which Alonso says India will be a breaktroguh.They are expecting a big update according to this article.And for Korean Gp a improved drs