Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    Yup and now wonder that they weren't invited to the last fota meeting, whereas Ferrari and Sauber were.
    is this a fact? if so, this is very interesting. also, why isnt it ever reported that red bull won there 2010 and 2011 titles by spending more than the amount they agreed with the other teams? maybe they are paying the press off too....?

@TobiasGrünerF1 (AMuS)
    Spent monday in Tokyo. Looking forward to #Korea. You can expect big tech updates by Red Bull, Lotus & Ferrari.
    And the games begin!

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    It's actually a bit distressing to read "I don't know.." twice.

If he doesn't know, then who does?

Frankly, I don't think that he is bullish about the development, as the title suggests. He is just hoping that, as much as Mclaren has seemingly lost its dominance from the previous 3-4 GPs, the same will happen to Red Bull sooner rather than later.

Also, when he says that he is hearing "sometimes that we are not developing the car", well it was FA himself who said that, at least to the Italian media after yesterday's race, when he said something on the lines of this is the same car I've had for the last five GPs.
    I think he just said it once. The first "I don't know" in the article was re-quote from the next paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    I think he just said it once. The first "I don't know" in the article was re-quote from the next paragraph.
    It may well be.

I'm on the cynical side of Domenicalism, so my comment was inevitably a bit biased.

Rumours-mode ON
    - for Korea there will be only minor updates aiming at better quali-speed...
    -big Update for India will work as it's been tested in Toyota tunnel and it gives gains..

Rumour-mode OFF

Sorry to sound so cynical but...........do you think it might be a case of too little too late !

I also dont the others will rest on their laurels either will they ?

AND THE FIGHT IS ON..........

Ferrari F1 boss says the world championship is 'still in our hands' despite Alonso's turn one exit in Japan

Sebastian Vettel's victory at Suzuka, his second in succession, has trimmed Fernando Alonso's lead of the F1 World Championship to a paltry four points following the Spaniard's first-corner retirement. However, in a briefing bristling with defiance, Di Montezemolo has insisted that, far from throwing in the towel, his team will prove their strength in adversity.

"It's at times like these that I want to see the Ferrari I know," declared Di Montezemolo. "A team that is focused and that holds its nerve. I will speak to Fernando by phone soon to give him even more motivation with which to tackle these last five races, with the bit between his teeth, as indeed I expect all the team to do.

"I expect a huge effort from our engineers who have already shown they are capable of that and we are perfectly aware that this championship is still in our hands."

Although Alonso has been criticised in some quarters for his role in Sunday's accident with Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen, Di Montezemolo has made it plain that he believes only Raikkonen was to blame. Furthermore, with Alonso's only other non-scoring event this season occurring at Spa when he was rammed out of the race by Romain Grosjean, the Ferrari chief has laid the blame on his driver's dwindling title lead on his two recent clashes with the Lotus pair.

"We know we can count on the strongest driver around at the moment and it's only mistakes from others at Spa and again at Suzuka, that have prevented him from having a more comfortable lead over his rivals," Di Montezemolo added.

"Let's not forget that, but for those two collisions, today Fernando would have had at least 30 points more and that's a conservative estimate. In sport, as in life, the wheel turns and we must not forget that: recently, it has not done so in a positive way for us, but it does not take much for it to change direction."

Although Ferrari appear to have fallen behind Red Bull in terms of pace as the season reaches its climax, the Maranello outfit are taking encouragement from the performance of Felipe Massa as the Brazilian secured second place at Suzuka - his best result in over two years.

"It's true that, out in front, Vettel was uncatchable but given the pace of the only F2012 in the race, what could a driver like Fernando have done? One must not forget that, the previous day, fate had dealt him another cruel blow, in the shape of the yellow flags, which robbed him of a spot on the second row, which had been easily within his grasp," the team itself have reported.

"Understandably, Fernando was rather frustrated when he left the circuit, but he is also well aware that he can count on a team that is totally focused on the task of giving him and his team-mate the best car possible. And Ferrari knows it can count on the best driver possible."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...#ixzz28oN11jAj

Interviewer ( on Kimi's first Korean GP) - What do you do to learn a new circuit?

Kimi: I drive it!

Quote Originally Posted by anuragiyer8989 View Post
    Interviewer ( on Kimi's first Korean GP) - What do you do to learn a new circuit?

Kimi: I drive it!

yeah typical kimi's answer

Mai Dare Sulla Speranza, Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Rumours-mode ON
    - for Korea there will be only minor updates aiming at better quali-speed...
    -big Update for India will work as it's been tested in Toyota tunnel and it gives gains..

Rumour-mode OFF
    i just hoping their update really works, and Fernando really..really having very good luck

Mai Dare Sulla Speranza, Forza Ferrari!!

Does anyone have any specific information on the supposed "BIG" updates for India???
    According to the rumours I've heard, they're basically gonna revamp the entire car's aero package...

Dunno if it's true or not, but that would be absolutely amazing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    Does anyone have any specific information on the supposed "BIG" updates for India???
    According to the rumours I've heard, they're basically gonna revamp the entire car's aero package...

Dunno if it's true or not, but that would be absolutely amazing!!!
    Only Ferrari could pull that off

Nothing specific, other than that it's a big update:

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    Nothing specific, other than that it's a big update:

Oh, thanks buddy

I just hope that all these BIG updates for India will be tested in Toyota's working wind tunnel in Cologne and not in our malfunctioning wind tunnel.

I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that all these upcoming updates on our car will work properly and that soon all that Vettel is going to see, is the rear wing of Nando's Ferrari disappearing into the distance.

"The difference between success and failure is NOT giving up."

Bring on Korea!!!

The Sunday in Suzuka was very special for Ferrari . To return to the podium of Felipe Massa , the author finally a great race, made ​​by the opposing withdrawal of Fernando Alonso after a few hundred meters. A knockout that complicated, and not a little Spanish into the path of the title, with Sebastian Vettel who has reported only 4 lengths, now that the Red Bull seems to have made ​​a major leap forward in performance level. For men Horse but there is too much time to dwell on what happened in Japan, as this weekend is right back on track in Korea . It is no coincidence, then, that Stefano Domenicali and Pat Fry have returned to Maranello , with the aim to take stock of the situation and the introduction of innovations that can improve the competitiveness of the F2012 . Moreover, the technical director today admitted that urges an improvement in a short interview to the official website of the Horse. " In Japan, our race pace is better than in qualifying, where we were unlucky with a yellow flag that marked the fate of Fernando. Currently we are closer to McLaren, but there is always a gap to Red Bull, so we need to continue working on the development of the car. I think, looking back at the last few races, we were able to introduce progressive updates and even though we made ​​some mistakes in Singapore, we have analyzed and resolved in time for Japan. When you have a constant drive to improve performance, you need to take some risks. There will be four small updates on the car in Korea progressive changes with every race. past five Gp we must also remain calm and ensure that everything we do has a hit. There is still much work to be done even if we know how to do it. We have no intention to give up and give the up to Brazil , "said Fry . A Yeongam there will be soft and supersoft tires , compounds that usually have smiled at Ferrari . But do not depend on all of these: " In Korea, we will use Pirelli tires soft and supersoft, with which we are usually able to find a good balance on the car. So we expect to bring another good race, although the degree reached depends on the level of competitiveness that every team in the development of their car. You should also keep in mind the way that some circuits are better suited to than some cars than others. During this season has been difficult to predict that would help to anticipate who would be the fastest and where: McLaren for example, has been very strong in the last three races, but at Suzuka were we of the game, while Japan has always been a favorable circuit for Red Bull , "he added.

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/221...rrari-in-corea
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Pat Fry: "there will be four small updates on the car in Korea, with more significant changes in the races after that...In Korea we will be running Pirelli’s Soft and Supersoft tyres, with which we have usually been successful in finding a good balance on the car, so we can expect to have another good race."

From here

Pat Fry: "there will be four small updates on the car in Korea, with more significant changes in the races after that...In Korea we will be running Pirelli’s Soft and Supersoft tyres, with which we have usually been successful in finding a good balance on the car, so we can expect to have another good race."
    Yea, soft and supersoft tyres have always suited our car the best. So that's at least some good news for Korea.
    Hopefully the soft tyres and the updates for Korea will give us big enough of a boost to be able to fight for the pole and for the win. With even bigger hope relying on the "BIG" updates coming in India.

Even IF we lose the WDC this year, I want us to make Vettel and Red Bull sweat and shiver with fear til the very last centimeter in Brazil. The worst thing that could happen is if Vettel gets an easy walk in the park in the last 5 remaining races.

FORZA FERRARI!!!

From here
    So we dont expect to see DDRS in Korea right but maybe Indıa it is possible?

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post
    So we dont expect to see DDRS in Korea right but maybe Indıa it is possible?
    we shall see
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    we shall see
    Seems you have some info Rob?

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post
    Seems you have some info Rob?
    Seeing is believing, I think that's what he meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Grillo View Post
    Seeing is believing, I think that's what he meant.
    Ok i belive then

I'd rather we had some decent updates ready for India (DDRS) than rushed more that just don't work this weekend. Even if Fernando loses the championship lead to the finger at Korea, hopefully it will only be by 6-10 points at worst. Over the last 4 races this isn't a problem as long as we are competitive.

Our development in comparison to the others hasn't been great at all since Canada. I don't know how we can still have these wind tunnel problems after all this time, it's like a tennis player practising for a Grand Slam with a baseball bat.

Now the lead has been completely reduced, the McLaren's taking points of Vettel doesn't really matter so much anymore. We have to beat Vettel ourselves, and still be weary of Lewis. Our race pace looked good with Massa in Suzuka, I just don't understand why we can't get anywhere near them in qualifying.

Can anyone remember when we last clearly had the best car in a dry qualifying session, on a track which needs high downforce? This is costing us the championship once more.

Quote Originally Posted by EL_NANDO View Post
    I'd rather we had some decent updates ready for India (DDRS) than rushed more that just don't work this weekend. Even if Fernando loses the championship lead to the finger at Korea, hopefully it will only be by 6-10 points at worst. Over the last 4 races this isn't a problem as long as we are competitive.

Our development in comparison to the others hasn't been great at all since Canada. I don't know how we can still have these wind tunnel problems after all this time, it's like a tennis player practising for a Grand Slam with a baseball bat.

Now the lead has been completely reduced, the McLaren's taking points of Vettel doesn't really matter so much anymore. We have to beat Vettel ourselves, and still be weary of Lewis. Our race pace looked good with Massa in Suzuka, I just don't understand why we can't get anywhere near them in qualifying.

Can anyone remember when we last clearly had the best car in a dry qualifying session, on a track which needs high downforce? This is costing us the championship once more.
    Hockenheim 2010? But before that, it was probably Singapore 2008.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

From here
    Funny, I thought this year Ferrari were better on the hards rather than the softs.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    Funny, I thought this year Ferrari were better on the hards rather than the softs.
    yeah and inter's or was it wets

Well our developments have surely been a problem,cuz we are always doing catch up to the rest of them,new innovations from most teams have helped them,coanda exhausts I think started from mclaren,last year blown diffuser from red bull,now we are talking about DDRS which only red bull got it working instantly and lotus spend half the season trying it to work:) so I wanna know when was the last time we introduced something and others copied?? This is really costing us a lot,I only hope by 2014 we can have a real advantage wih the new engine regulations!!

For me, a big update would be if both Lotus drivers did not attend Korea.
    At least we'd get a chance to start...

Quote Originally Posted by FA fan View Post
    Well our developments have surely been a problem,cuz we are always doing catch up to the rest of them,new innovations from most teams have helped them,coanda exhausts I think started from mclaren,last year blown diffuser from red bull,now we are talking about DDRS which only red bull got it working instantly and lotus spend half the season trying it to work:) so I wanna know when was the last time we introduced something and others copied?? This is really costing us a lot,I only hope by 2014 we can have a real advantage wih the new engine regulations!!
    Let's say Coanda exhaust/bodywork was a joint Ferrari/McLaren/Sauber venture.

Ferrari to push development in final races.
    Ferrari will continue to deliver upgrades at each of the remaining five races this season, some of which will be 'significant' according to technical chief Pat Fry.

The Italian outfit is struggling to maintain its now slim lead in the drivers' championship which stands at just four points to Sebastian Vettel who dominated in Japan.

Whilst the F2012 clearly isn't the fastest car on the grid, Fry is confident they're now matching McLaren, but have work to do if they're to beat Red Bull.

"Our race pace was a little better than in qualifying in Japan, where we were unfortunate with Fernando [Alonso] and the yellow flags," said Fry.

"We are currently closer to McLaren but there's still a gap to Red Bull, so we need to keep working on car development."

Ferrari will push through developments for each of the remaining five races in an attempt to keep hold of its slim lead.

"I think looking back at recent races, we have been bringing small updates to every race, even if we made a few small errors in Singapore, but we worked out what they were and sorted them out in time for Japan.

"When you have a constant drive for performance, you need to take some risks and there will be four small updates on the car in Korea, with more significant changes in the races after that," added Fry.

"Overall for the last five races, we need to stay calm and ensure that everything we do counts. There's more to come, even if we have a way to go to catch up. But we are never going to give up and we’ll be trying all the way to Brazil."
    Source: http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/4...n_final_races/

Really encouraging words from Fry. Can't wait to see what those "FOUR" small updates for Korea are gonna be! Well, if all those upcoming updates really work properly, then we should be ahead of Red Bull in no time. Hopefully it all works out exactly like that in reality.