Page 12 of 161 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526376287112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    Jules to Williams? Where on earth did you get that from?
    i read a lot. and anyway he needs a little experience before he drives (hopefully soon) one day with a Ferrari
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    lets not discuss kimi in here
    Sorry.

There is rumor again that data from wind tunnel DO NOT correspond with those obtained on track....
    http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/135...rrari-del-2012

Seeing this "Thing" (not new but extremely big) on Ferrari today which gathers real time aero data on a critical part of the car in order to calibrate the wind tunnels and CFD models I would say it could be unfortunately true...

How could have not been able to solve this calibration problems yet.It has such importance of developing the new car and we still struggle on it.

Jules would surely go to Sauber.

and i remember them saying that the windtunnel is working fine. maybe they are just doublechecking whats going on.

anyways, apologies if posted elsewhere.

Abu Dhabi test 'very important' to understand Ferrari's front wing issues

The next two days of testing in Abu Dhabi will be important if Ferrari is to get on top of its front wing vibration problem.

Jules Bianchi was second fastest, just under one second off pacesetter Jean-Eric Vergne during the first day of young driver testing at Yas Marina.

He insists that the priority for his three days of running is to work through the team's test programme, even though he also wants to make the most of the seat time for himself.

Ferrari struggled with a front wing vibration in both the Indian and Abu Dhabi Grands Prix, but this test offers it the chance to understand what is causing it.

"It will be very important, especially for the front wing," he said when asked what the team has planned for the next two days.

"In the morning, we did a lot of [aero] testing and hopefully we will find out why we have this vibration.

"It's also very important for me because we don't have any more testing, so it's a great experience ahead of next year."

Bianchi added that the team was happy with what was achieved during the first day of testing.

He completed a total of 85 laps, meaning that Ferrari was able to gather a significant amount of data during the day.

"Today was a very good day for me and the team because we did all of the programme and everything went really well," he said. "I am really happy and I hope tomorrow will be also very good."

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I hope we are not wasting a lot of time on this front wing, I would much rather hear them working on working the tyres better and improving single lap pace.
    Forza Ferrari

I think the Front Wing can be made to not flutter. If the apply some vanes to the back side of the Front wing, they can channel the air to not swirl about the outer edge of the wing that seems to be causing the flutter. They have to just clean up the flow of the turbulant air.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    There is rumor again that data from wind tunnel DO NOT correspond with those obtained on track....

Seeing this "Thing" (not new but extremely big) on Ferrari today which gathers real time aero data on a critical part of the car in order to calibrate the wind tunnels and CFD models I would say it could be unfortunately true...
    This has to be some kind of a joke. But well... it would explain why the Spa and Monza updates didn't work and the problems with front wing which they clearly don't understand...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Just to clear up a few things up .. That's the same site claiming we had a "b-spec" car so not very credible and Ferrari have said themselves it's working so I take their word for it unless they say different.

"This is a aero rake, this test is super important to understand the wake effect from the new tyre construction. Not only are there new compounds, but also Pirelli have changed the tyre profile"
    (info from Ferrari thread in Autosport forum)
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I hope we are not wasting a lot of time on this front wing, I would much rather hear them working on working the tyres better and improving single lap pace.
    think doing tyre work now (today)
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

it wasnt about the aero for next year. It about the WT numbers and track for the EBD. Nothing to do with we still got problems ahead of next year.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I hope guys you are right and that we wont have any new tunnel problems...
    Meanwhile on Twitter another not so good rumor:
    "Tests of the new cooling system indicate that Ferrari are still far from normal levels, but believe they can improve"
    "With the cooling system in its current state could not put the pontoons more 'radical' but if a more conventional compact"

...And
    Rory Byrne: "I'm working on the design as Technical Advisor along with all the mechanics and engineers in Maranello"
    Rory Byrne: "I'm convinced that next year Ferrari will have a very competitive car."
    Rory Byrne has given an interview to a media (Radio) in South Africa on his return from Italy where he talks about Ferrari.
    I believe in him..

Quote Originally Posted by number 13 View Post
    ...And

I believe in him..
    Ooh, sounds exciting! Rory is preparing to spank Adrian Newey once again then.

The future is RED

...And
    Rory Byrne: "I'm working on the design as Technical Advisor along with all the mechanics and engineers in Maranello"
    Rory Byrne: "I'm convinced that next year Ferrari will have a very competitive car."
    Rory Byrne has given an interview to a media (Radio) in South Africa on his return from Italy where he talks about Ferrari.
    I believe in him..
    Now that's what I'm talking about....

[Engage best Austin Powers voice]
    Yeah Baby!

I don't buy that much into the wind tunnel calibration problem. You normally have a bunch of pieces for testing, calibration and implementation. That's my experience with that kind of advanced engineering machines or else that problem might be a very serious problem that makes the machine useless. I might be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by NJB13 View Post

Yeah Baby!
    For those who wanna know, the interview is legit. Happened on a local radio station called Highveld stereo and the interview was conducted by a known Formula 1 enthusiast Alex Jay.

One of the better known radio personalities in these parts.

hole in nose in area is noughing new is just how to use Any air flow . Now with New knowldge of areodynamics can use the hole in diff ways .

http://www.google.nl/search?q=1960+f...w=1344&bih=613

...And

I believe in him..
    Recorded evidence

Quote Originally Posted by NJB13 View Post

Yeah Baby!

Nice!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Here is the conversation with Rory Byrne if anyone's intrerested : http://soundcloud.com/567-capetalk/rory-byrne

I already posted that link in the post above

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    I already posted that link in the post above
    Oups yeah im really sorry about that!

Oups yeah im really sorry about that!
    No worries dude

When did we start running this exhaust system?

Ps: Tx for the update Medini73

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

But I can't see how this will be legal for next year though?

The future is RED

thought the same, isn't it a bit pointless/too late in regard to this season?

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Don't think it's for next year it was just to help Ferrari & Torro Rosso this year, no EBD next year.