Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Thats not the point to say wait for FP2, or wait for sunday afternoon, I could say lets wait and see after the race in Brazil. This is a Ferrari forum not a sitting on the fence forum, like Tombazis said we now need to be aggressive in what we do with the car, same as the forum we need to say more.

Today,we will have another test and this must be the last aerotest.News are positive until now but DDRS need to be modified.

Tombazis confirms straight line aero test...
    says they will bring new parts to every race...

Edit:

http://technicalf1explained.blogspot.com.es/

Last edited by DIEK; 20th October 2012 at 11:45.

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post
    Today,we will have another test and this must be the last aerotest.News are positive until now but DDRS need to be modified.
    how is this work carried out, and are our main 2 drivers involved in any way. CHEERS

Its Davide Rigon.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

The Video shows they are working hard to get the improvements needed.

How much of an improvement they achieve and compared to the other teams we should get an indication by FP 3.

Hopefully the results from the Toyota wind tunnel and the test runs will give the proper correlation they need and if so it means the future developments will be effective.

We are still in with a good chance of at least one championship.
    Its all in the name - FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    The Video shows they are working hard to get the improvements needed.

How much of an improvement they achieve and compared to the other teams we should get an indication by FP 3.

Hopefully the results from the Toyota wind tunnel and the test runs will give the proper correlation they need and if so it means the future developments will be effective.

We are still in with a good chance of at least one championship.
    I believe that FP1 nowadays is pretty indicative of ones true pace. Especially with Ferrari, because when we do well in FP1 we generally win the race or have a really good weekend.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

@DIEK i see you are reading my blog!! :) the mirrors are inconsistent with what has been used this season so far...and there is maybe a slight difference to the exhaust on the shot taken from the top..

Forget about it boys...
    It's not gonna happen!

RB cracked it and Vettel will win this.
    I am gutted about it all but what can you do?

We had a rubbish car from the start and Nando's superior driving has not been enough.
    I personally feel that all the pressure is on him and its not fair.
    We all think to a certain extent that he will manage to deliver no matter what car he drives. True? Yes!
    The best car Ferrari gave him was in 2010 and we still managed to lose.

With regards to this year, lets face it..... A lot has to do with luck as well!
    Forza Ferrari

Is that wind tunnel the problematic wind tunnel we hear about?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Its Davide Rigon.
    THANKS

Glass half full eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    I believe that FP1 nowadays is pretty indicative of ones true pace. Especially with Ferrari, because when we do well in FP1 we generally win the race or have a really good weekend.
    I think FP1 is a bit optimistic, since it takes time to evaluate each upgrade they bring especialy if 2 or more are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Probably. They wouldn't exactly want to show pictures of their new parts and recent WT tests.

Glad to hear of this upgrade. I also want to take a baseball bat to our tunnel, but I also think it might be the best course of action to sort this thing out and only lose a few months as opposed to years.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Yes.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post

Tombazis confirms straight line aero test...
    says they will bring new parts to every race...

Edit:

http://technicalf1explained.blogspot.com.es/

Are you sure he confirmed about the Aero test..???
    I did not hear from him..
    Last edited by Tobes; 20th October 2012 at 14:21. Reason: remove photo url's
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...

anialonso, ask better to amouzouris, he write this in his blog...

3:28 to 3:50 he confirms the aero test

After hearing all the encouraging words from Mr. Tombazis and clear hints about the upcoming updates, I'd say it looks pretty good for us. If we're really gonna bring new updates for all the 4 remaining races then I can definitely see us winning the WDC.

We have less than a week to wait and then we shall see exactly where we stand.

Oh and as Mr. Tombazis said, the development of this year's car is also good for the development of next year's car, because all the technical regulations will be basically the same next year as well.

I just really hope that all that great talk about the updates, won't be just talk.
    The time for talking is over, now we need to act!

Forza Ferrari!!!

I don't know...it's hard to tell from that video whether he is optimistic or not about the upcoming upgrades. He doesn't confirm that they work and instead says that the results were interesting which could mean anything. Basically he's giving nothing away. I've got a feeling that some of the upgrades will not have been tested and that they will brought to India regardless. It seems there is a feeling of uncertainty in the air.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    Thats not the point to say wait for FP2, or wait for sunday afternoon, I could say lets wait and see after the race in Brazil. This is a Ferrari forum not a sitting on the fence forum, like Tombazis said we now need to be aggressive in what we do with the car, same as the forum we need to say more.
    how can we speculate on something we dont know mirafiori? i find your comments a bit useless at this time. i agree with anialonso that we should wait till FP2

I don't know...it's hard to tell from that video whether he is optimistic or not about the upcoming upgrades. He doesn't confirm that they work and instead says that the results were interesting which could mean anything. Basically he's giving nothing away. I've got a feeling that some of the upgrades will not have been tested and that they will brought to India regardless. It seems there is a feeling of uncertainty in the air.
    We will find out about everything in just 6 days mate.

It's pretty much do or die situation in India. If we are going to win the WDC, then we must win India. But if we let the finger boy win again then the WDC is almost out of our reach.

I think every team is working hard to perform to thier fullest potential. Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren & Lotus are no different. Ferrari is in a tight struggle with Red Bull and McLaren are pushing hard to do the same thing. We will see advancement from Ferrari in a big way I am sure, but the question is how much will Red Bull Bring???

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

I dare say he is hardly likely to broadcast the details after all we want the element of surprise against the other teams

Quote Originally Posted by zorro666 View Post
    Forget about it boys...
    It's not gonna happen!

RB cracked it and Vettel will win this.
    I am gutted about it all but what can you do?

We had a rubbish car from the start and Nando's superior driving has not been enough.
    I personally feel that all the pressure is on him and its not fair.
    We all think to a certain extent that he will manage to deliver no matter what car he drives. True? Yes!
    The best car Ferrari gave him was in 2010 and we still managed to lose.

With regards to this year, lets face it..... A lot has to do with luck as well!
    Forza Ferrari
    Don't be so pessimistic! How do you know that it's not gonna happen? Are you a psychic?

The Red Cow hasn't won anything yet! Ferrari will not give up without a fight, as long as there is even the slightest of chance to win. All the guys and girls at Maranello are putting all their maximum effort into winning this championship, so I have absolutely no doubt that we still have a very good chance to win.

Be positive!

It's closer to Alonso's 6 tenths, I'd say. Too big a gap for a couple of months and a 40 points lead wasted away.

From twitter:
    Acc.to leakage, after two Ferrari straightline tests, front wing, rear wing, new floor, brake ducts and exhaust all worked well.

Only problem is DDRS and it did not work well, a less complex version will be tested in India.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    From twitter:
    If true, bring on India

Quote Originally Posted by giodap View Post
    how can we speculate on something we dont know mirafiori? i find your comments a bit useless at this time. i agree with anialonso that we should wait till FP2
    Is this the same giodap who once said Ferrari should sack SD and employ Ron Dennis instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    From twitter:
    Hope its true and Ferrari and Alonso dominate in India..
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...