Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    So are Massa's confessions meant as "the new updates in India won't work" or is he just talking about the failed updates of the past? I really hope it's the latter
    i hope he's talking about the updates of the past when WD in maranello was used; i hope the updates that were used and tweaked in Cologne WD will work really well and that will have some decent speed to take the fight to red bull
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i hope he's talking about the updates of the past when WD in maranello was used; i hope the updates that were used and tweaked in Cologne WD will work really well and that will have some decent speed to take the fight to red bull
    How I hope you're right...
    If the new updates won't work as planned, then that's it, we can say goodbye to the WDC. But I really doubt that Ferrari would send updates which they know that wouldn't work anyway to India. So yea, I believe Massa was just talking about the failed updates of the past. Or maybe he was trying to downplay all the big improvements that Ferrari has made, in order to completely surprise the Red Cow when the FP1 starts. That's a possibility too.

We will find out whether the updates work or not soon enough.

Some updates wont be working in India i am sorry to say this.Also Red Bull is bringing updates to guarantee their title.This new exhaust causes some durability problems and some other small parts must be modified.Even we use Toyotas windtunnel we cant able to work them properly.According to Marc Gene,updates coming but we dont know how big it will be.Engineers are in a argument.Seems they are not agree what path we walk

Heavy rains across Northern India!!!
    Just witnessing thundershowers over my hotel!
    May well continue for tmrw as well......

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post
    Some updates wont be working in India i am sorry to say this.Also Red Bull is bringing updates to guarantee their title.This new exhaust causes some durability problems and some other small parts must be modified.Even we use Toyotas windtunnel we cant able to work them properly.According to Marc Gene,updates coming but we dont know how big it will be.Engineers are in a argument.Seems they are not agree what path we walk
    Well at this point I see,ferrari has to gamble with the parts,the ones they are not sure on,should be on massa car,if it works,then great,have it on Alonso car the next race,if not then they could anaylse it and try to improve,no point on hanging around,there are only 4 races left!!

Quote Originally Posted by anuragiyer8989 View Post
    Heavy rains across Northern India!!!
    Just witnessing thundershowers over my hotel!
    May well continue for tmrw as well......
    it's OK, as long as it's DRY for friday practice when we will evaluate our SMALL upgrades now.
    if the updates don't work that well, then let's hope for rain on quali day and race day....he, he....cause we know we're good in the rain with our rainmaster Alonso
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    it's OK, as long as it's DRY for friday practice when we will evaluate our SMALL upgrades now.
    if the updates don't work that well, then let's hope for rain on quali day and race day....he, he....cause we know we're good in the rain with our rainmaster Alonso
    Pray what you say,comes true...better rain now than for practice!

Some updates wont be working in India i am sorry to say this.
    Noooooo!!! Don't talk like that! That would be completely devastating if it turns out that we haven't made any progress whatsoever.
    We just have to wait for the quali on Saturday to see what kind of progress we've made and hope for the best. I refuse to believe that we haven't made any steps forward.

All this news about customs in India, and now MG and FM saying that some updates won't work, makes me really nervous... If we are to keep title hopes alive, FA needs to finish in front of SV on Sunday. Period!

Quote Originally Posted by FA fan View Post
    Well at this point I see,ferrari has to gamble with the parts,the ones they are not sure on,should be on massa car,if it works,then great,have it on Alonso car the next race,if not then they could anaylse it and try to improve,no point on hanging around,there are only 4 races left!!
    I guess team principle doesnt want to take risks anymore because as he brief to media before he said 0.2s is enough to catch the.He doesnt want to see any mechanical issues or anythingelse.But according to my source all we tested in Idiada worked for two days just new exhaust had a problem last day i mean Sunday test.It made the car stopped with a machanical failure.Now they will decide if they bring or not.

Ferrari 'can make up lost ground' on title rivals after aero boost

By Matt Beer Tuesday, October 23rd 2012, 14:59 GMT

Ferrari Fernando AlonsoFerrari believes it can 'make up the ground lost' to its title rivals in India after an aero test helped it understand its recent windtunnel issues.

The team recently announced that it would close its windtunnel for recalibration after continued issues with correlation between tunnel data and on-track findings.

Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali admitted that has hurt Fernando Alonso's title bid. The Spaniard's eight-race tenure at the top of the drivers' standings - during which he had led by as much as 40 points - ended in Korea when Sebastian Vettel's third consecutive race win moved him six points ahead.

Chief designer Nicolas Tombazis believes separate aero tests have now allowed Ferrari to understand where rogue windtunnel results were hampering the performance of its recent upgrades.

"The windtunnel can only ever be a model of what things are like in reality and can never be completely real," he said.

"The data we saw in the windtunnel did not match 100 per cent the data we were getting from the track.

"We had some unpleasant surprises from some of the updates we brought to the last couple of races, so immediately, we wanted to fix that and understand where it had gone wrong.

"Therefore we have had an aero test prior to heading off to India, where we ran control tests on these updates to really understand what the problem was.

"We got some very interesting answers which we believe will allow us to recover from those problems and so, our aim in this forthcoming Indian GP, will be to make up the ground we have lost."

Tombazis denied that the windtunnel issues have wasted a huge amount of Ferrari's development efforts.

"There are many reasons why the windtunnel is not perfect," he said. "It can come from a problem of scale, because the model used in the tunnel is much smaller than the real car and it can come from the fact that the wind in a tunnel is different to running the car in the open air and the way the air flows over the car can also be a factor.

"The way aerodynamics works on a modern F1 car is hyper-complicated, based on the interaction of various components and very small details, therefore it is easy to make a mistake. Correlation cannot be seen in black and white terms and you cannot expect a windtunnel to deliver perfect results in all areas.

"We have had problems in some areas, but that does not mean that all our work in the wind tunnel has been worthless."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103659
    Last edited by type056; 23rd October 2012 at 15:52.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    All this news about customs in India, and now MG and FM saying that some updates won't work, makes me really nervous... If we are to keep title hopes alive, FA needs to finish in front of SV on Sunday. Period!
    true indeed....and NOT only finish ahead of him...he REALLY NEEDS to win this race and at least ONE more too, while Vettel fiishes either 2nd or 3rd..

it's going to be really tough; all i know is that, if Vettel wins this one it's gonna be really hard for Ferrari and Fernando to win it...

let's ALL HOPE that mark gene and felipe are both downplaying the upgrades so that red bull think they have the championship in the bag, and them for us to steal it from them at last....

I dont think customs is a problem right now.The main question must be what we gonna do when troubles will leave us

Well if Alonso was ahead on points,then it would make a lot of sense!! But since that's not the case,they should absolutely go for it! But I suppose this kind of thinking will only give ferrari the title of the most reliable car!! Which I'm afraid doesn't really help in the points!! Anyways let's hope and pray the upgrades are enough to be on par! If it's more than that,obviously it's an added bonus and I'm sure we won't mind

The most important thing in India will be for Nando to finish ahead of Vettel, everything else is secondary. It would be great if Alonso could win the race, of course, but even by just finishing ahead of the finger boy would be a really good result. Fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly for us this weekend.

Autosprint really sucks big time...
    Last week it posted that Ferrari have a big upgrade etc etc..
    and come race weekend only small updates..
    just frustrating...
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...

hey all are saying that updates are not working but didn't someone here just confirmed from a reliable source that all the upgrades worked apart from DDRS..
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...

Would recommend people here not to get too hyped about the upcoming updates, might just end up being dissapointed. Can't really say we had any news from the team besides the fact that they did some testing. Let's just wait for the weekend and see what we got new on our car and does it actually work.

Well I think chief designer seems to be more aggressive!
    Here's the link:-http://en.espnf1.com//ferrari/motorsport/story/92527.html

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    just frustrating...
    Yea, I don't understand that either
    Why even talk like that if they don't know for sure?! It is really frustrating indeed. I just hope that, at least some of the promised new updates will be in India.
    Let's just wait and see what will be on the cars on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    just frustrating...
    They just make things up, always have done, don't know why anyone believes it.
    Forza Ferrari

There are two grups seperated in team.Now they are in a meeting and data flow has stopped.They will decide to bring all those updates or not.Tombazis,Massa and Smedley are who against to bring updates not to take risks but Fry wants all updates togetger

I doubt Massa and Smedley have any sort of say in such a matter.
    Forza Ferrari

Does Fernando have a say in deciding what upgrades are brought to India?!

Quote Originally Posted by anuragiyer8989 View Post
    Does Fernando have a say in deciding what upgrades are brought to India?!
    Sure he wants it otherwise his title would be under threat

Sure he wants it otherwise his title would be under threat
    Well you didn't mention his name....so I was wondering which team he was in......I know he wants it.....but apparently the team thinks differently

Yes Massa and Rob are going against the team and saying no upgrades please, sounds entirely believable really it does LOL
    Forza Ferrari

Belive whatever you want...

Belive whatever you want...
    Wow even that people seems to speculate about... this forum is getting worst. Where the hec did you get that info!!! Did one guy from ferrari talked to you at night in your sleep... just kidding, no offence mate but what you said is a complete joke.

There is no chance these type of internal info would leak out... if so then it wont be with ferrari maybe another team...