Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    oh yes, it seems like it is 1 million light year away
    I don't know for you guys but i can't wait January and new Ferrari machine

ferrari will be competetive

Im sure ferrari will be competetive next year with the new exhaust regulation

Ferrari had better come out with a sleek design with High Aero Downforce as their main goal! I would like to see a lower nose with more front downforce and a rear that fully embraces where the action air mass is loading most. Whether it is Pull-Rod or Push-Rod is a question to be answered in the Windtunnel and in the CFD simulations. Each race car has an area of Air Mass that acts upon the race car and is related to the interaction of the Turbulance in and around the race car caused by the air buffiting from the tires and the other exposed surfaces. I think Ferrari should seek to have the outer edge of the Front Wing capture air from the outer edge of the Front tires "inward" toward the inner edge of the front tires of the race car. I would also like to see more channeling of the air flow from the front leading edge of the sidepods to accelerate that air toward the rear wing / difuser assembly and its many elements. They should also take avantage of the leading edge of the sidepods to accelerate the air from under the race car and use it for flow to make ground effects load on the race car more pronounced.

Ciao!

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    Ferrari had better come out with a sleek design with High Aero Downforce as their main goal! I would like to see a lower nose with more front downforce and a rear that fully embraces where the action air mass is loading most. Whether it is Pull-Rod or Push-Rod is a question to be answered in the Windtunnel and in the CFD simulations. Each race car has an area of Air Mass that acts upon the race car and is related to the interaction of the Turbulance in and around the race car caused by the air buffiting from the tires and the other exposed surfaces. I think Ferrari should seek to have the outer edge of the Front Wing capture air from the outer edge of the Front tires "inward" toward the inner edge of the front tires of the race car. I would also like to see more channeling of the air flow from the front leading edge of the sidepods to accelerate that air toward the rear wing / difuser assembly and its many elements. They should also take avantage of the leading edge of the sidepods to accelerate the air from under the race car and use it for flow to make ground effects load on the race car more pronounced.

Ciao!

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    Basically just a fast car then
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Well, yes!

Ciao!

Forza Ferrari!!!!

We were measuring something on the rear wing? ...

They are going to use measuring devices all over the place on the race car. They are trying to find out where the air is, the mass of the air and the velocity of the air. Many things to be checked and verified.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

This is what I just don't get regarding Aldo; his 2007 and 2008 cars were in no way "safe" if you ask me. Something happened in between 2008 and 2009 that changed his mentality; I'd love to know what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    I think we will see a Ferrari team that has looked at and developed many different concepts and certainly go well beyond the "Safe" direction Aldo Costa chose during his time at Ferrari! Aldo Costa is no "Dummy" nor is he a bad Engineer. He was simply to cautious while he was in charge at Ferrari! His nature has always been cautious and careful. I know that Ferrari will EXPECT IMMEDIATE WINS and that is where the new design team of Engineers WILL excel! It is this BIG PUSH in exploring many different areas of the race car and the complete dynamics of the race car that will breed innovation!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Blush

Quote Originally Posted by Homan13PSU View Post
    This is what I just don't get regarding Aldo; his 2007 and 2008 cars were in no way "safe" if you ask me. Something happened in between 2008 and 2009 that changed his mentality; I'd love to know what it was.
    F 2008 was a beauty

For me, Aldo Costa was always a very ood Engineer but very cautious, and controled. He always seemed to pick firm, sure target in designing the race car but never seemed to have "the skys the limit" attitude to go well beyond the safe gain. His 2008 race car was a very exceptional race car like the 2004' car. I think Formula One is very unforgiving and to have his team of Engineers produce a safe, poor performing race car in the beginning of BOTH 2010 & 2011, that is just not acceptable in Formula One. Well I think if you look at who was pushing Aldo Costa during his career at Ferrari, you will understand that he was more of a follower of direction than a person of strong leadership. I wonder if he learned a lesson in his firing at Ferrari??? Will he reach MUCH further than ever and propel them to greatness??? Time will tell but all I know is we have many great teams of very good Enginners and that is what Formula One is all about!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

it was because he wasn't technical director back then.
    Mario Almondo was technical director when Ross left until the end of 2009. Aldo then became technical director.
    he was in a similar role to what he is now with Merc I think.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    it was because he wasn't technical director back then.
    Mario Almondo was technical director when Ross left until the end of 2009. Aldo then became technical director.
    he was in a similar role to what he is now with Merc I think.
    I did not realize that. Thanks for the clarification.

Well there was a massive change in aero regulations which meant we had to start from scratch, and it seems we have not fully exploited all areas of the new regulations.

in 2007 and 2008 we were evolving previously successful cars.

The 2012 Project is changing direction. I just had a information about it.

Do you mean changing direction from the work already done on the 2012 or do you mean from the 150 machine going on to the 2012 from now? Has the work done on the 2012 so far been shelved and a new direction been taken, can you clarify your post. Cheers

News we hear about SF's 2012 project is probably as reliable as news you get from here....

.... but it's still fun speculating

I reckon weve been testing lots of new ideas, confirming the direction were going to go and making sure were on the rite track.

Quote Originally Posted by blaney1977 View Post
    I reckon weve been testing lots of new ideas, confirming the direction were going to go and making sure were on the rite track.
    Paul Ricard?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

In the last 2/3 races, it allows the team to maybe rule out a direction or to confirm a direction to take. And after last years wind tunnel problems the team must make sure the wind tunnel and ndostrack results match, the team can then move forward with confidence. I believe the ebd ban gives us a good start as it hurts mclaren and red bull more ie silverstone. I am confident we can iron out any problems and be fast out the box and be strong all year. The 150 in fernandos hands was was out driven by him and felipe made it look slower. Anybody any opinions how much faster red bull were quicker than us on average?

I think Ferrari have been, at different times, 1.5 to down to 4 / 10's off the pace in qualifying. At this point, I think Ferrari are 5 or 6 / 10's off the Red Bull pace of Vettel. In 2012, I think Ferrari will seek to be not equal with Red Bull but faster than them by 4 to 6 / 10's. McLaren will obviously seek the same advantage. I also think that if Red Bull can't find an item to replace the Exhaust Blown Off Throttle Aid they will suffer considerable and be much more equal to the others. We may be see very small and only extreme fine tuning Engineering Work to fine tune the race car to gain a 10th or 2/10's at a time and that may be where the difference will lie. It still comes down to all teams really tearing the rules book apart and finding grey areas to exploit. My thinking is to improve the front wing and solve the problems of getting heat into the front tires. They must deal with the buffeting affect of the front tires to not have that "dirty air" influence the "good" air of flow over the race car. They must gain to exploit the edges of the undertray to generate gound-effects about the length of the chassis, front leading edge of side pods rearward. Going to the rear of the race car itself, one must be able to find a means to apply Areo load to the rear Diffuser and to the rear wing and to do all this while REDUCING DRAG to the whole of the race car at the same time. I say they should better use the surface of the race car for downforce rather than blow air "through" the race car without using it to advantatage downforce.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    The 2012 Project is changing direction. I just had a information about it.
    Mind sharing your secret source?

Good post frank alfa

We are still confused about the way we can handle the nouse.

I will not be the reason for puting my cousin in truble. I can not share this source. I am sorry.

I will not be the reason for puting my cousin in truble. I can not share this source. I am sorry.
    So your cousin works at Maranello?

The future is RED

Is it good or bad news

Yeah...

There are two lines of development that we are working right now. They are different and have different prospectives. We still have not chosen the right one. It has to do more with the nouse and front wing. That is all i know for now, but let's hope the 2012 project will rock!
    Last edited by NasI; 23rd November 2011 at 22:05.

2010 project? Im confused with that last post.

There are two lines of development that we are working right now. They are different and have different prospectives. We still have not chosen the right one. It has to do more with the nouse and front wing. That is all i know for now, but let's hope the 2010 project will rock!
    Send them the blue prints for this "nouse", it could solve the problem