Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    joseluisf1 says:
    • Some external suppliers of Ferrari are unable to follow the pace set by Fry in Maranello with new methods of development
    • Some rumors say that the engineer could be Peter Prodromou, Head of Aerodynamics Department of RedBull.
    Me like :)

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

So many good news being twitted about Ferrari recently, its beginning to make me skeptical. :xmaseek:
    How the heck do these people know so much anyway

Ps: I like this emoticon :xmaseek:
    We should keep it as a normal emoticon as well

joseluisf1 says:
    • Some external suppliers of Ferrari are unable to follow the pace set by Fry in Maranello with new methods of development
    • Pat Fry will visit these providers, with some urgency, to help them improve their working methods obsolete as soon as possible

Truzonef1 says:
    • Adrian Newey: "The key for whole year has been about keeping the engine producing exhaust gas all time around the lap" (Vía @f1talks)
    • According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Ferrari could unlock the next few weeks from an engineer at the Department of Aerodynamics of RedBull.
    • Some rumors say that the engineer could be Peter Prodromou, Head of Aerodynamics Department of RedBull.

I love reading these tweets. Prodromou would be a fine addition to our team and I'm sure he'd bring a lot of RB8 knowledge with him.
    If it is true, where would he fit into the team?

Chief Designer is Tombazis but i think Domenicalli and LDM would be reluctant to let him go because he was part of the original dream team.

Chief Aerodynamicist is Hennel and, as far as i know, he only took this position in May this year after De Luca was put in a different role. Hennel has a pretty good track record too.

Isn't this to late since we already made plans for the '12 car. I don't think they can adapt much is such a short time.

We could benefid early '13 or late '12 from these people I think staying positive.
    Last edited by SilverSpeed; 1st December 2011 at 15:38.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Costa just joined Mercedes,Fry to Ferrari in the middle of the 2010 i mean if this is true he can bring some good ideas we dont have and also 2012 developments.Ofcourse it's just a rumor now

this are good news !!! . Can't wait for 2012 anymore :D

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    yeah, Flavio would know how to gain 5-6 tenths, he never found them over a year even (*cough 2009 cough*)
    Flavio lives in 2009, things have changed since then... take away flexi RB wings and BD and we are looking very good indeed.. I belive Ferrari are very confident for next season and have a RB type surprise up thier sleeve... :xmassmile:

We have very nice group of Engineers working on the project and if it is a "Rory Byrne design" then Ferrari will do exceptionaly well in 2012'l!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

yes i saw this video and here is some pictures regarding to next season technical regulations
    http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...s-4131050.html

front nose is wierd haha :D

I dont see why Ferrari would be that keen to leak all these supposed "great developments" to the press so other teams could investigate as well. I think you guys are all getting excited about a bunch of hog wash. The dominant Ferrari I remember did their talking on track and not through the media. So lets get on with it. No need to start counting our chickens..

Hows that for a bucket of cold water.
    we're number one

What's really leaked though? Apart from them testing a new floor which they where in brazil no one has a clue about F2012.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Some mistakes on video like exhaust and front nose because in 2012 noses will be lower from 55cm-45cm also these exhaust may have a lot of temperature which causes dissolution.It's just a simple,basic work to describe next year's rules.Nobedy can know how Ferrari 2012 car look like and i dont remember anybody said it is new car

I'm still really unconvinced that the FiA has the intent to end either extreme overrun or exhaust blowing. Firstly the rules would simply need to place the exhaust beyond the rear wing and diffuser to stop it having an effect there, but they haven't. Secondly the extreme overrun could have been negated by making the exhaust point downwards somewhat. The rule changes I've seen so far do neither, so Red Bull might loose a little, but can still benefit from their extreme overrun. McScum and other Merc engine users will possibly benefit most.

With the engine freeze in place, well, it depends on our current engine design, but, given our inability to produce a significant overrun, we may be poorly placed. And this may be at the heart of one of LCdM's comments when we left FOTA - about more scope for mechanical development and less aero.

They have banned exotic engine maps though - http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/1...-to-designers/

The exhausts are being moved well away from the diffuser also.

Let's not have this thread run away from the topic though as there is plenty of FIA/EBD/Mapping threads already created
    Forza Ferrari

I see the Exhaust with body work shrouding to route exhaust toward the diffuser / rear wing area. Engine software can be reworked in all kinds of ways to exploit many aspects of engine functions. Don't be surprised to see many teams try all kinds of things.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    I see the Exhaust with body work shrouding to route exhaust toward the diffuser / rear wing area. Engine software can be reworked in all kinds of ways to exploit many aspects of engine functions. Don't be surprised to see many teams try all kinds of things.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    Nope that loophole has already been closed by the FIA. Teams can't go blow to the diffusers anymore and no clever engine maps. End of subject as it's getting boring and exhausting going over and over it.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    Yep, that was my point. It's obvious that the door is being left wide open in 2012 for the things the FiA "say" they want to ban. I know we haven't seen the actual rules yet, but from what's come out, there appears to be giant loopholes left to exploit exhaust gases and overrun and, as I see it, McScum look to benefit most, then RB and us least.

Quote Originally Posted by NJB13 View Post
    Yep, that was my point. It's obvious that the door is being left wide open in 2012 for the things the FiA "say" they want to ban. I know we haven't seen the actual rules yet, but from what's come out, there appears to be giant loopholes left to exploit exhaust gases and overrun and, as I see it, McScum look to benefit most, then RB and us least.
    So you have not seen the rules, but you know they don't work?

But still, can we not have this thread ruined with more paranoia.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post
    Some mistakes on video like exhaust and front nose because in 2012 noses will be lower from 55cm-45cm also these exhaust may have a lot of temperature which causes dissolution.It's just a simple,basic work to describe next year's rules.Nobedy can know how Ferrari 2012 car look like and i dont remember anybody said it is new car
    I think that may explain the weird bump at the front portion of the car.

The rules specify a single point in height somewhere near the wheel (that 550mm height point, I believe) and you just need that point to be precisely that height or lesser. They are free to make a V shaped nose cone if they wish, there the front and back portion is higher than that middle point. But that won't be any good.

The video seems to suggest that Ferrari insist on maintaining the 625mm height for the remaining part of the car front section, only reducing the nose height from the specific point. But yeah, that video may be wrong, maybe they are just guessing.

Mercedes will not use their 2012 car at the first pre-season test in Jerez. That leaves them with just eight days of testing with the W03 before the Australian Grand Prix. Their decision to delay the W03's debut could backfire if the car proves to be radical/unreliable (although this is unlikely with Aldo Costa's involved).

Mercedes will not use their 2012 car at the first pre-season test in Jerez. That leaves them with just eight days of testing with the W03 before the Australian Grand Prix. Their decision to delay the W03's debut could backfire if the car proves to be radical/unreliable (although this is unlikely with Aldo Costa's involved).
    I'm sure I read only a few days ago Ross Brawn saying that they will not be leaving it till the first race to put a big uodate on the car that hasnt been tested properly because of the problems it caused.. although it looks like hes pretty much doing the same thing again lol

Quote Originally Posted by voiko View Post
    I'm sure I read only a few days ago Ross Brawn saying that they will not be leaving it till the first race to put a big uodate on the car that hasnt been tested properly because of the problems it caused.. although it looks like hes pretty much doing the same thing again lol
    yeah i read that too

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Another satisifed FiA customer. Peter Sauber explains here how he feels the FiA cost his team millions. I hope they don't do more back flips.

Back on topic : latest news from joseluisf1 via twitter

It has been a difficult task to achieve the diffuser that Byrne wanted, but Tombazis did it, it's built with the newest(?) carbon fiber.

The floor and the diffuser are fundamental when it comes to Ferrari 2012 aerodynamics, they are already working on a new evolution of the diffuser with special materials.

Byrne is very satisfied with the result, it was his personal obsession in this regard. We will see the results ;).

Ferrari 2012 parts have been designed in conjunction with each other (method by Fry) rather than separately making them more compatible together.

Now Ferrari is in conditions to overcome the elimination of testing and to use the virtual development with the wind tunnel and the simulator
    Last edited by TheProdigalSon; 7th December 2011 at 02:48.

when will Ferrari announce date of car presenting?

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    when will Ferrari announce date of car presenting?
    Not sure of exact date, but its usually around the end of January, and Ferrari always make a show of it

Ferrari aim for 2012 is a race car that is homogeneous in all types of tires, tracks, and environmental conditions

WoW i think that will be hard to acomplish