F2005
    248F1
    F2007
    F2008
    F60
    F10
    F150th Italia
    F2012
    Hmm, notice how all of the car names that are years//exp F2002 etc, were all killers, then when they started using names like F60, F150, the cars werent so good? Except the 248...mabey they should simply go back to the years..F2012..ho ho ho...:xmasbiggrin::xmassmile::xmaswink::xmastongue ::xmasfrown::xmascool::xmasbiggrin::xmastongue::xm asbiggrin:

I guess F812 would be a good choice and popular around Asia. 8 is super popular with people of Chinese extraction, it is mostly because it sounds like the word for fortune so people want to associate with that. 1 carries a mean of aggressive, which is what we have said we want to be in the design of this car. And 2 is also great because it generally means harmony, eg 2 is a lucky number for weddings and partnerships. It could be seen as a good omen for the combination of driver and car and as meaning good harmony between both our cars/drivers

And when did Asians became the bigger picture than Italians/other European fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathay Pacific View Post
    And when did Asians became the bigger picture than Italians/other European fans?
    Well, firstly, I didn't say it was bigger. I simply gave an Asian perspective to one of the names floated. You have a problem with that?

If you did want to measure things from a Ferrari perspective in terms of market size, well, the biggest in terms of size and growth are clearly the US and China.

The Fyyyy model was used in the Schumacher days, which are no more. Fernando had the F10 when he arrived, they should continue down that route (Fyy).

F-(number of Ferrari WCC +1)

Quote Originally Posted by NJB13 View Post
    I guess F812 would be a good choice and popular around Asia. 8 is super popular with people of Chinese extraction, it is mostly because it sounds like the word for fortune so people want to associate with that. 1 carries a mean of aggressive, which is what we have said we want to be in the design of this car. And 2 is also great because it generally means harmony, eg 2 is a lucky number for weddings and partnerships. It could be seen as a good omen for the combination of driver and car and as meaning good harmony between both our cars/drivers
    I don't think Ferrari are going to name their car that just because Chinese people like the number 8. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    I don't think Ferrari are going to name their car that just because Chinese people like the number 8. Lol.
    Indeed, but then again who really cares what it is called, as long as it wins races.
    Forza Ferrari

FBB

Ferrari Bullbasher

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Ferrari Matador

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Indeed, but then again who really cares what it is called, as long as it wins races.
    +1

maybe it will be fair if its name is F663+ the name of new technology that ferrari created ok ok it will never happend

i hope ferrari will make the sponsor logo all violet
    Last edited by scudvirgin10; 24th December 2011 at 04:21.

F 1-2

F one-two for our race finishing positions in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakefade View Post
    F 1-2

F one-two for our race finishing positions in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

@ brakefade,

+1 > F - 1 - 2 ! Very Good Name! That sounds like the best one yet!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

T van R Guest
    I like this name

Ferrari PH12 --- PH refers to Prancing Horse

So we will hear prancing horse name a lot

How about "Scuderia Ferrari - 2012" or "SF2012"???

Whatever it is called just let it be faster than the rest of the field!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

How about the F-Their Wings have been clipped 2012 Steam Roller? :xmasbiggrin:
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    How about the F-Their Wings have been clipped 2012 Steam Roller? :xmasbiggrin:
    :xmasbiggrin:

The future is RED

T van R Guest
    While reading the previous posts of this thread, I suddenly realized that this thread can be useful for RIVALS

what about "Ferrari F12 RB"-( Rory Byrne)-hum???
    Race victories 219
    Pole positions 205
    Fastest laps 225
    Words of what???We are the F1!!!Any Doubts???

Subatomic particle that travels at the speed of light.

Call it the 166 Quarknose

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I quite the like SF-12 idea... That would be cool! :)

Personally I would like to see come back of old name coding (FYEAR). Those cars were fast, reliable and took championships. So I would name it F2012. Any way as many already said here, it doesn't matter really how it is called as far as it's fast and reliable!

All the best wishes to all!!!

Rory Bryne did an interview with South African Motorsport:

Q: How long does it take away from the activity of motor racing?
    RB: "My recall of the Ferrari F1 was in 2006, although estubo Design Consultant until 2008 though linked to early 2009. Most of the time step in Phucket (Thailand), but returned as a consultant to Ferrari earlier this year mainly in GT categories, but since June I returned to work more actively in the Department of F1, especially this winter with a view to next year's car "

Q: What is your role at Ferrari right now? What is your job?
    RB: "Well, the most important aspect of my job now is to help Pat coordinate research activities, such as aerodynamics or the dynamics of the car. Basically, my job depends on five people who are in charge of the structures, dynamics vehicle aerodynamics, R & D and Global Design.

When it comes to my work right, even I have my office where I try to bring my knowledge and Experience in the design of the car. Then basically support Pat and Nikolas, who are the ones who are in charge of all design, to study the data in the wind tunnel and simulator. But the most important is to help Pat coordinate all these activities "

Q: After being withdrawn entirely because it has decided to return to work at Ferrari?
    RB: "I have an important link with Ferrari, as the team needs me I will try to give the maximum of my ability, have always treated me exceptionally. You could say it's my second family"

Q: When the car will debut next year?
    RB: "The presentation is scheduled, I think the first week of February, making its track debut will take place in the first test days. But this does not mean that we see the same car as the last test, as we want to further research and design to take advantage of the training as possible, and get the best possible conditions for the first race of the season "

Q: You made a statement which stated that he was convinced it would be very competitive?
    RB: "Obviously I want that to happen, and I am convinced it will. We have not tested in court, but the simulations and data obtained have met our expectations, but there is still time left and we must continue to improve as much as possible. Our competitiveness depends on the progress made ​​by our competitors and how everyone has been able to meet the great effect that had the exhaust "

Q: Thank you for your time and good luck for the season.
    RB: Thank you, good afternoon.

The latest tweets:
    • Pat Fry, thanks to feedback from Alonso simulator, modified the front suspension to improve handling balance of the car and Pirelli
    • After modification and the car has improved its overall balance and stability under braking, the Pirelli heated prior
    • Modifying the suspension has been made in plan 'fudge', although it is not a new one was manufactured until it reaches Jonathan Heal
    • Untested sources, rumor has it that Newey and his boys have achieved an enormous downforce and have a 'rocket' again
    • Do not forget that Byrne has almost always won the game to Newey, though the latter part quite edge this time
    • Ferrari hopes to test this summer in the bank's new V6 Turbo engine is started using in 2014
    • Paddy Lowe believes that next season will deal with Red Bull in the MP4-27
    • Some rumors say that Ferrari are interested in Pat Symonds, Technical Adviser Marussia Virgin, with a view to next season.
    • The sanction of Pat Symonds by the scandal of 'Crashgate', expires at the end of 2012, which could join Ferrari.
    • Remember that work already Benetton Symonds Nikolas Tombazis and Pat Fry, under the direction of Rory Byrne, who could be the driver.
    • Confirm the absence of track in Maranello are convinced to have a good car, also with many opportunities for rapid evolution
    • Pat Fry believed to be level with the best, and if not, are prepared to respond to 1 or 2 weeks, thanks to the new method
    • It is rumored that Byrne and Newey agree a flat bottom diffuser + advanced composite material to generate downforce
    • Also coincide in the important front Tombazis apparently has done a great job in that area also
    • The end of Ferrari DRS was delayed a bit, but have the best output system and possibly the best Kers
    • Mercedes is one that has increased the wheelbase of the W03 to improve the management of Pirelli
    • Coldly analyzing the information, if the tunnel work, should Ferrari is very close to RB for aerodynamics and handling of the Pirelli
    • It is very difficult to predict where it will be McLaren, but certainly very close to the head, its leaders are very optimistic
    • Of course if the tunnel does not work, Montezemolo began to terminate contracts
    • You can have a good car, but the opponent may have it better, that's happened to the F10, which can not is to take another unfortunate F150 º
    • Pat Fry for some time about the problems with the wind tunnel: "The goal is to have a perfect correlation between wind tunnel and track, but it may take up to ten years to get it, because it is something that is constantly evolving: when tire change, for example, start from scratch "
    • A source tells me that the Ferrari diffuser is designed with the latest in carbon coated with a derivative of Zircotech.
    • The derivative of Zircotech completely unknown, and according to this source (not standard) has been entirely produced by Ferrari.
    • The Zircotec is able to withstand high temperatures, generating much heat diffuser to cover the whole of this compound.

Also, omnicorse is saying that McLaren and Toro Rosso have passed the FIA crash tests.

He also says this about Redbulls RB8

- Untested source: Rumour is that Newey & his guys achieved enormous downforce and they have a rocket again
    - What is clear that RB8 is at least as good as RB7

Well if that's true then I hope the rest is true too about us being close to them. Would be a shame to see another "catch Redbull if you can" season. Please please be atleast within a couple of tenths of them in the first race then the championship battle will be officially on!!
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

At Ferrari, we have Rory Byrne back in place and the Engineering Team at Ferrari have worked very hard to find innovation. The Red Bull rumor is just that, rumor. The Ferrari Engineering Group are much stronger than last year and time will tell if they are able to hit much higher targets??? Aero Development of the race car is key but so is the proper use of the Pirelli Tires. Ferrari have done a huge amount of advancement work in this area and they know they are seeing strong results, regardless what is written about the Red Bull team.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!