Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    [*]Some rumors say that Ferrari are interested in Pat Symonds, Technical Adviser Marussia Virgin, with a view to next season.[*]The sanction of Pat Symonds by the scandal of 'Crashgate', expires at the end of 2012, which could join Ferrari.
    Good rumor, hopefully Alonso Renault-time friend Symonds moves Ferrari.

I'm very curious to see if any teams go down the route of the McLaren dumbo eared sidepods. Is there any news in this regard?

With the loss of the BDD, i'm seeking reassurance from our silverstone performance to combat these rumours of RB success. TBH i'm more worried about McClaren. They wouldn't have let people go if they weren't confident they could do better...

Quote Originally Posted by kurski View Post
    Good rumor, hopefully Alonso Renault-time friend Symonds moves Ferrari.
    that's something i haven't heard of - Symonds and Alonso being friends. and what is it with those crashgate rejects that everyone sees them in ferrari - first Flav and now Symonds? i wonder when there will be rumours about Nelson replacing Massa...
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    that's something i haven't heard of - Symonds and Alonso being friends. and what is it with those crashgate rejects that everyone sees them in ferrari - first Flav and now Symonds? i wonder when there will be rumours about Nelson replacing Massa...
    I am absolutely sure that Symonds or Briatore is seen as the Ferrari in 2013. Alonso wants his team of friends.

I am absolutely sure that Symonds or Briatore is seen as the Ferrari in 2013. Alonso wants his team of friends.
    Ferrari doesn't need those nasty cheaters

Ferrari doesn't need those nasty cheaters
    I would not say that Symonds is bad. He is highly respected and regarded as a man of F1 circuits. Can learn from mistakes and yes, Symonds would be the Ferrari team for the benefit of more than Briatore. Alonso however needs to Briatore, as he said Catalunya circuit this year. But it is also true that we can not always get everything want to the driver.

I would not say that Symonds is bad. He is highly respected and regarded as a man of F1 circuits. Can learn from mistakes and yes, Symonds would be the Ferrari team for the benefit of more than Briatore. Alonso however needs to Briatore, as he said Catalunya circuit this year. But it is also true that we can not always get everything want to the driver.
    he said that he needs Flav? again, how did i miss that?
    well Symonds lost all that respect when he helped Flav manipulate with young driver

he said that he needs Flav? again, how did i miss that?
    Alonso wants Briatore to return, because he needs a man. You have to remember that Alonso's former team, familiar with the Ferrari team are Nicolas Hennel, Pat Fry etc.

Alonso wants Briatore to return, because he needs a man. You have to remember that Alonso's former team, familiar with the Ferrari team are Nicolas Hennel, Pat Fry etc.
    that just sounds weird, he might have said that f1 needs a (show)man like Flav... good god, he doesn't even need a wife, what for he should need a man?

that just sounds weird, he might have said that f1 needs a (show)man like Flav... good god, he doesn't even need a wife, what for he should need a man?
    Yes Alonso want to new woman, but Briatore, in my opinion better the team principal than Domenicali. I think Symonds or Briatore comes the Ferrari team in 2013, it is rumored they have not been too commonplace. Time will tell what will happen, now is no longer in the Schumacher era.
    Last edited by kurski; 29th December 2011 at 07:10.

i bet if Flavio comes, he will not make a difference, and we will start clamouring for another randomer....

now, i guess.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Alonso has never said he needs these two in Ferrari that's all in your head or silly rumors. They have a good team already there's no need for them.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Good as if the RB8 is as good as the RB7, that way our victory will be sweet.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

One thing is for sure, Newey is going to have much stiffer competition this year... ;)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

As far as I know, Symonds and Alonso don't have a good professional relationship, they argued a lot in their Renault days, and not in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post

Alonso has never said he needs these two in Ferrari that's all in your head or silly rumors. They have a good team already there's no need for them.
    Yes, Alonso has told the media that wants Briatore the Ferrari team, and it is quite understandable thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    As far as I know, Symonds and Alonso don't have a good professional relationship, they argued a lot in their Renault days, and not in a good way.
    Symonds of Alonso's working with is not always easy. Fernando is one of difficult to understand the drivers, which with Pat has been working with, during his long career at F1

Give me a reliable source then with an actual quote from Alonso saying "I want Briatore in Ferrari" becuase I bet you will not find one. All the major sites would have reported about it. Your obviously getting confused about when he said he wouldn't mind Flavio back in F1 becuase of his character. That's been spinned to I want him in Ferrari which is absolute rubbish!

i think i read an article in may that said that Alonso wanted Briatore back in f1, but not Ferrari. and, IMO, RB6 was faster than RB7.

also, the same source said tghat Ferrari were very confident of their speed, and even it it wasnt enough, they would make sure it was by a couple weeks.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Give me a reliable source then with an actual quote from Alonso saying "I want Briatore in Ferrari" becuase I bet you will not find one. All the major sites would have reported about it. Your obviously getting confused about when he said he wouldn't mind Flavio back in F1 becuase of his character. That's been spinned to I want him in Ferrari which is absolute rubbish!
    Alonso said: I’d like Flavio to return we miss him.

but I believe that Alonso wants to Flavio Ferrari team, but the man himself makes a decision. Bear in mind that the Ferrari team continued Domeniali contract only for one year.

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/143...ella-mcferrari

Marcin Bukowski is another technical reinforcement at Scuderia. He works on CFD simulations and was previously employed by Mclaren.

but I believe that Alonso wants to Flavio Ferrari team, but the man himself makes a decision. Bear in mind that the Ferrari team continued Domeniali contract only for one year.
    you believe it, but you make it sound like you know he thinks so. grow up, even if Ferrari decides not go carry on with Domenicali, why would you think their first choice would be Flav? because Ferando has worked with him? he has worked with pleanty of people, why not bring them all in Ferrari, that would be a party i would like to attend

You do realise Flavio is still banned. Anyway let's not make this anymore painful than it has to be and end the this particular discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza 27 View Post

Marcin Bukowski is another technical reinforcement at Scuderia. He works on CFD simulations and was previously employed by Mclaren.
    Wow, these McLaren guys keep coming. Incredible.

As for the whole Flavio discussion, the fact is we don't need him (and we should not stoop as low as Williams have by hiring a glorified cheater).

Quote Originally Posted by Forza 27 View Post

Good Marcin Bukowski (Martin Budkowski) news, hope for the best that Pat Fry may attract the sixth Mclaren man, Ferrari team.
    why would you think their first choice would be Flav?
    As the rumors might be true.
    You do realise Flavio is still banned. Anyway let's not make this anymore painful than it has to be and end the this particular discussion here.
    I understand and I speak all the time since 2013. Then Flavio is free.

As the rumors might be true.
    and the quote from man himself says that he DOES NOT want to return doesn't count because rumours you heard and believe say something else... oh well, i shouldn't doubt in whatever you say, seems like you know the best, even better than people involved

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/201112...243425568.html
    Former Mitsubishi Motors engineer Roger Estrada moved Scuderia Ferrari and Giorgio Ascanelli, technical director of Toro Rosso in Italy rang for a possible return to Maranello.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/201112...243425568.html
    Former Mitsubishi Motors engineer Roger Estrada moved Scuderia Ferrari and Giorgio Ascanelli, technical director of Toro Rosso in Italy rang for a possible return to Maranello.
    :xmasbiggrin: we getting a very strong team behind us now. Really happy. Roll on March.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I think Ferrari have been trying to get Giorgio Ascanelli, technical director of Toro Rosso, for quite a few years now. I think his contract terms with Red Bull / Toro Rosso have been the main problem. Now he may finally be available. As far as the others, I think many Engineers certainly want to work for Ferrari and Pat Fry may be the perfect guy to attract people from McLaren and Renault to do this. Credit must be given to both Luca di Montezemolo and Stefano Domenicali for the strong direction they are giving Pat Fry to leading the team to. Stefano is the person to get the most credit in the changes at the Ferrari Team and I am sure that the strong warning regarding his job security at Ferrari by Luca di Montezemolo, has had the most affect on this.

After the difficult 2010 season with the pie-in-face foul-up at the last race and then the terrible 2011 season start, MAJOR changes were required. The Engineering staff at Ferrari now have a great deal of experience and to have one of the greatest Engineer's of all time in the form of Rory Bryne back on the team. They must have very good feelings of the breath and reach of the Revised Ferrari Team. We may not see all of these new people fit in perfectly and some may leave in the future, but we do have an exceptional group of personnel which seems to be very deep group that seems to be getting better and better. We certainly could see another "Dream Team" in the works!

I think Ferrari's biggest problem in the past was a to disciplined, to rigid "Engineering Means and Methods" process which was established by Aldo Costa when he took over theChief Designer's office. His "Micro-Management" style handicapped Ferrari for the past years he was in charge resulting in he being fired. One must not forget that Aldo Costa was an exceptional Engineer for Ferrari and he was the Lead Design Engineer under Chief Designer Rory Byrne during most of the Schumacher years. Many of the winning Ferrari race cars were his design. His ability to design was never the problem. His ability to lead was. His "Conservative" design direction for the team put more stock in phased development of the race car, rather than placing more effort into a cutting-edge initial design. Pat Fry was given "Direct Orders" from Luca & Stefano to reach far further in initial design and keep on pushing forward from there, just as in the "Dream Team" days.

Ciao.

Forz Ferrari!!!!

Where would Pat put new arrived? :xmasconfused:

They will make room for ALL of the new faces on the team! That's for sure! A Formula One Race Car is made up of many parts and pieces. Many Engineers working on many projects at the same time! There is plenty of things for everyone to do.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!