Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

They will only want to copy it if it works....

Damn, I can't wait to see that "ugly one" in action.
    Meanwhile, it either says something or just nothing that Alonso, Schumacher and Raikkonen have reputedly spared a F1 podium on five occasions and Fernando has stood on the top step on every occasion. He's F1's first among equals. (PG)

didn't know whether to create a new thread or post it here, chose the latter.

11l2yb6.jpg

RB7 or RB8? Sidepods look different. And apparently this was posted just a day ago....
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post

11l2yb6.jpg

RB7 or RB8? Sidepods look different. And apparently this was posted just a day ago....
    Where did this picture come from? Looks shopped.

Quite clearly an RB7. You can see the EBD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post

11l2yb6.jpg

It's an RB7.

Actually come to think of it, it does look slightly photoshopped.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

3 weeks to go until we get to see the fugly beast but 18 of march seems to be a million light years away from now, doesn't it? ( I know it is bad thing to wish your life away but damn I can't wait to see us kicking some butts in OZ)

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Hope that Ugly One will Give a Pretty One result..

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Reports are a bit confusing but if I understood correctly they did first test and it failed and then they did yesterday a second one with reinforced carbon sheets and passed it...
    Only problem could be extra weight on car, perhaps we wont loose much but it wont be ideal for a previous car concept...

Carbon fibre is incredibly light. Any weight gain from the reinforcement would be negligable.

You know, maybe the car won't be ugly. Maybe it is just Stefanos opinion. We could all have a different one.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    You know, maybe the car won't be ugly. Maybe it is just Stefanos opinion. We could all have a different one.
    Nah, it will be a bit ugly because the nose will have a step on it. As usual, the FIA thinking with their asses.

So this car is gonna be fugly? Damn!! I can picture it now! :( :'(

Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!

As long as the nose isn't like the 2010 Mercedez, I'm happy

maybe the front wheel of the 2012 car will be like this.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_641 in shape

im hoping the sponsor logo will be colored in violet,like what enzo ferrari use in making signature

Quote Originally Posted by diesel08 View Post
    i seen in that news,sutil will having a trial and ferrari have an new weapon to lotus

i don't care if it looks bad as long as it wins races who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_Fanatic View Post
    i don't care if it looks bad as long as it wins races who cares
    There's the truth of it!

It's just following the new regulations, therefore all the cars might end up with fugly front ends anyway!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Mabey the FIA is simply trying to make the cars look funny to make fans laugh...
    It could attract more fans..

Truzonef1, joseluisf1:

"Ferrari ya tenia diseñada una evolución del primer fondo / difusor, estaba casi a punto de entrar en producción. El nuevo fondo es todavía mas difícil de fabricar que el primero que ya era bastante complejo, la fabricación será muy lenta. Con los datos del CFD, Tombazis y Fry creen que con el nuevo fondo tendrían a RB a pocas décimas, esperan a confirmanlo en el túnel."
    - Ferrari had already designed an evolution of the first fund / diffuser was almost ready to go into production. The new fund is even more difficult to make than the first which was already quite complex, the production will be very slow. With CFD data, and Fry Tombazis believe that with the new fund would have to RB a few tenths confirmanlo wait in the tunnel.

"Surely Ferrari take an evolution of the current floor, and present the evolution of Byrne's with other parts in the GP of Spain."
    "A curious fact which I have commented: 'The last car I do not spend the Ferrari test and had to repeat them was a certain F2004."

we know how the F2004 went

Really cannt wait till Feb and see new car.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

These are promising news, but who are Truzonef1 and joseluisf1?

Ferrari’s Entire Focus Is On Technical Development

By Ferrari's own admission, Fernando Alonso got every bit of speed out of last year's F150.

If the greatest team in Formula One history wants to restore its leadership position, it will have to develop a faster car and adapt better to the series' rapid rule changes.

"You always expect more and more from everyone, but to be realistic expecting more from Fernando than what he did last year is difficult," team principal Stefano Domenicali said on Wednesday at Ferrari's annual winter retreat in the Italian Dolomites.

"If he can perform at that level again it would be fantastic. But it has to come from our side and the engineering to make sure we're ahead of the others."

Ferrari has won more driver titles (15) and constructor titles (16) than any other team in F1, but it last took the team championship in 2008 and Kimi Raikkonen was the last Ferrari driver to lead the individual standings back in 2007.

Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel swept both honors the past two years.

Last year was especially disappointing for Ferrari, with Alonso taking the team's only victory at the British Grand Prix. The Spaniard finished fourth in the driver standings while Brazilian teammate Felipe Massa was sixth.

Alonso and Massa will meet with media on Thursday.

Ferrari's problems in 2011 were encapsulated before its home fans at the Italian Grand Prix in September.

Starting fourth on the grid, Alonso put one tire of his Ferrari on the grass to get around McLaren's Lewis Hamilton and then beat polesitter Vettel to the first chicane, but Vettel then went around Alonso on the outside of the sweeping Curva Grande in the fifth lap and cruised to victory.

"(Alonso) really pushed himself over the limit last year," Domenicali said. "Over the last two years he's spent more time at Maranello than anyone else in my 20 years with Ferrari -- that shows how much it means to him."

Domenicali's duty now is to give Alonso a car capable of winning the championship, and he believes Ferrari is on the right track.

Ferrari has been working on its 2012 car since midway through last season and has scheduled its unveiling for Feb. 3.

"It's a break with the past, with new concepts never used in a previous car," Domenicali said. "The exhaust system is the biggest change and we've been working hard in the wind tunnel to get some extra performance in that area. But like last year we will only see the real scenario during qualifying in Melbourne -- not before -- because in testing everyone will try to mask themselves."

This year's first test session is slated for the week of Feb. 6 in Jerez, Spain, while the opening race is in Melbourne, Australia on March 18.

In a rare midseason shakeup, former McLaren man Pat Fry replaced Aldo Costa as Ferrari's technical director five races into last season, and his input should shape performance more this year.

"As we say in Italy, he's on his horse now and trying to steer all the people in the technical department in his direction," Domenicali said. "His roots are more connected to the track environment, so it was good to have that input in the technical office. We've relied on him to reorganize the structure the way he wanted to, but it's not completed yet."

Addressing one of the areas in which it struggled last season, Domenicali announced on Wednesday that former Bridgestone engineer Hirohide Hamashima has been hired as Ferrari's new tire director.

Hamashima will report to Fry and help Ferrari adapt to the Pirelli tires that were introduced last year as F1's only supplier.

"Hamashima's knowledge should help," Domenicali said. "Last season we weren't able to take advantage of all the types of tires available to us."

Also, Steve Clark -- another former McLaren man -- has been appointed to direct trackside engineering, with Marco Fainello moving to the automaker's industrial side.

Meanwhile, Ferrari is also busy on development of a smaller six-cylinder engine to replace the existing V8s in 2014 according to new rules.

"We're hoping to fire up the new engine before summertime," Domenicali said. "Having two big projects simultaneously makes these two years very tough compared to other teams that just order engines."

And Domenicali has to figure out what to do with Massa, who hasn't won a race since a life-threatening accident at the Hungarian GP in 2009 and whose contract expires at the end of the year.

"He knows this is a crucial season for him and his future and we will do everything for him as a team that we can," Domenicali said. "I expect a great season from him."

For the team as a whole, though, Domenicali said he wouldn't panic if things don't go perfectly at the start of this season.

"We have to be on top of every little detail if we want to be a winning team," he said. "We've got to stay ahead at the starts, have track cooperation, reliability -- we can't lose any points there -- mechanically the car has to be perfect and we need solid race strategy. All of these areas have to be at the limit if we want to win."

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...l-development/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Piola, wrote today this, in Gazzetta:

"Intanto la nuova scocca, come comunica la Ferrari, ha superato il crash test."

Translation: New chassis, as Ferrari says, passed the crash test.

Last edited by xlr8; 14th January 2012 at 08:59.

Piola from gazzetta on twitter said that the car Passed the crash test on second attempt.

Edit: XLR8 got there before me.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

This is what Truzonef1 said a few days ago

A reliable source tells me that step yesterday Ferrari Crash-Test of the FIA, but the chassis is very light presented. A lot.

If they really got past the test with a super light chassis /monocoque it would be pretty bloody impressive.
    Last edited by xlr8; 14th January 2012 at 09:13.