Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Not to be overly superstitious, but I'd like it to be called the F2012. Naming cars after the year seems to work out better!
    Have booked Feb 3rd off work so I don't miss any of the launch
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Not to be overly superstitious, but I'd like it to be called the F2012. Naming cars after the year seems to work out better!
    Have booked Feb 3rd off work so I don't miss any of the launch
    what exactly is the time of the launch?? does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    what exactly is the time of the launch?? does anyone know?
    last year was at about 10 00 am

I only joined a few months ago, the new car seems very promising, was it the same with the 150? Are we getting carried away? What's the other teams doing?

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    i think i read somewhere that James Allen said that it would be probably called F2012
    That was a while back this is quite recent but I prefer F2012 myself.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

from what i have seen in here, the 663 looks to be not only a contender but can dominate. can't wait to see that new floor and diffuser.

Will the new floor and diffuser be ready for the first test?

Quote Originally Posted by Naeem View Post
    This ferrari news is very good, considering that we seem to be on top of lotus' and merc new design features and changing our tyre handling and new floor. However are there any rumours of McLaren or RedBull developments aside from claims of new speed etc?
    Both McScum and Red Tools have been pretty quiet on the rumour mill as far as I have read. However, here are the bits that I recall.

Macca:-
    Possible sidePod/wing effect. Rumored to have completed Lotus braking ride-leveling system. The biggest supposed/rumored benefit for Macca is the rear wing. Some intimations that they have something special there. They have said a few times that they would be aggressive in their design.

RB:-
    Almost nothing except the RB8 will be an evolution of the RB7, perhaps the rake will change if the EBD ban is effective. Possibly an even tighter rear along with Lotus style braking ride-leveling system and perhaps front wing f-duct.

Quote Originally Posted by NJB13 View Post

RB:-
    Almost nothing except the RB8 will be an evolution of the RB7, perhaps the rake will change if the EBD ban is effective. Possibly an even tighter rear along with Lotus style braking ride-leveling system and perhaps front wing f-duct.
    If I were them I wouldn't change a thing until someone proves they can outrun what they already have.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Lets just hope that the rest of the field are not looking on this site for information on our car there is enough speculation here and ideas!! Just wander if there are other sites for fans that give so much information, I hope Ferrari can live upto our expectations!! Time will only tell a lot of pressure!!

only floor is the answer thats wrong,stupid will gonna happend lotus make an advance attack mclaren is making a bomb that others never know what will redbull gonna do,because their in low profile,now what happend to ferrari?playing catch up again ferrari need a big change no copy again floor is not the answer sidepod needs to change,ok you hated me with my negative comment about ferrari i been hurt by watching f1 at the end i will cry again because that redbull is invisible while ferrari cant overtake midfielders i hope ferrari will do the electric wheel hub please lord we need that system to win again http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_hub_motor if that happend ferrari will be the first i think using that in f1 im hoping this will be my dream system it can partner with KERS in rear wheel

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    If I were them I wouldn't change a thing until someone proves they can outrun what they already have.
    Developements in F1 move very quickly - no team can afford to stand still otherwise they will be left behind. With the EBD ban, they will have to change elements of the rear of the car and the floor.

Anyway, Red Bull will be doing an online launch - which indicates they are probably pushed for time.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    I think we've shown that without EBD, we were able to beat the Red Bull.

online launch could indicate that they want to hide something too :)

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    online launch could indicate that they want to hide something too :)
    This is what I thought at first, but then testing starts the day after their launch and everyone will be able to see whatever bits of the car they want then.

Other rumours from the RB camp:

@Formula1_com
    #F1 Red Bull insist they are in no hurry to develop a reactive ride height system which Lotus and Ferrari are already running #fb
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    This is what I thought at first, but then testing starts the day after their launch and everyone will be able to see whatever bits of the car they want then.

Other rumours from the RB camp:

@Formula1_com
    #F1 Red Bull insist they are in no hurry to develop a reactive ride height system which Lotus and Ferrari are already running #fb
    twitter
    Read somewhere they found a problem in the production process, so they had to re-do the chassis. If that's true, then they're running out of time to get to the first test.

I just hope we won't show too much during the tests and get the big guns out in Oz, a little bit like redbull last year!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

F1 2012: Rules, Designs and Trends - By Scarbs:

http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2012/0...ns-and-trends/

^^
    Scarbs with the perfect design right there!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

The new Ferrari DRS could be ready for the first test, it will be quite innovative although it is not known whether it is at the level of that of McLaren and RB

A new version of suspensions designed by Jonathan Heal, improves traction and mechanical grip.

Changes in the suspension this time are few with respect to the original, waiting for the data of the test with the Pirelli

Rumors say that Ferrari is still trying to recruit Newey for 2013 or 2014, also Peter Prodromou, they will give a range of "irresistible"

So far the negotiations with Newey (Prodromou) have been little or nothing fruitful, which is why Montezemolo will change strategy

source@ joseluisf1
    Last edited by Icon; 20th January 2012 at 15:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    F1 2012: Rules, Designs and Trends - By Scarbs:

http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2012/0...ns-and-trends/
    Thanks for the link

Boy, that new nose is almost as ugly as the walrus nose

I thought last year they were saying the next nose change would be to lower it. As in pointed downward so that if a driver hits the rear tire of another car, the nose end would be lower than the center of the tire to prevent a Mark Webber incident when he went flying. This years nose regulations seem to make it even higher at the front which would increase flyovers. I've looked at Scarbs drawings but I can't remember where I saw the low nose thing, might have been on Speed last year. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by dicec2 View Post
    I thought last year they were saying the next nose change would be to lower it. As in pointed downward so that if a driver hits the rear tire of another car, the nose end would be lower than the center of the tire to prevent a Mark Webber incident when he went flying. This years nose regulations seem to make it even higher at the front which would increase flyovers. I've looked at Scarbs drawings but I can't remember where I saw the low nose thing, might have been on Speed last year. Any thoughts?
    The rules doesn't say where the nose tip should be. It just stipulate a middle point near the wheel to be 550mm from ground. But it is lower now. The nose tip used to almost straight at the top, but as you can see from Scarbs drawing, the front now curves down. It doesn't have to be lower than the center of the wheel.

Mark Webber's incident have nothing to do with nose. It was his wheel colliding with the front car's wheel that catapulted his car. No any nose height could prevent that because all 4 wheels are open and exposed in an F1 car. There were some suggestion (can't remember if its in F1 or other open wheel race) to cover the rear wheel to prevent something like that.

FIA banned the reactive ridehight systems
    If red bul have had found it they wouldnt bann it
    damned FIA, they bann it because red bull have no time to copy it

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97127

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    FIA banned the reactive ridehight systems
    If red bul have had found it they wouldnt bann it
    damned FIA, they bann it because red bull have no time to copy it

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97127
    FIA is a joke. First, they said it's OK. Than, when Ferrari a McLaren develops their own solutions and, they changes their mind? I am pretty sure RedBull has some role in that.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    FIA is a joke. First, they said it's OK. Than, when Ferrari a McLaren develops their own solutions and, they changes their mind? I am pretty sure RedBull has some role in that.
    All that is true. Red Bull want to gain an advantage, so they had the system banned.

so we went from the FIA helping ferrari to them helping red bull ??
    when ferrari has trouble with a new technology, they try to get it banned too.
    sad but true fact, they ALL do it and sometimes it works
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

Quote Originally Posted by Grinsomx View Post
    so we went from the FIA helping ferrari to them helping red bull ??
    when ferrari has trouble with a new technology, they try to get it banned too.
    sad but true fact, they ALL do it and sometimes it works
    Yep.