Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Yes Forza 27 and that was the first thing that I though after seeing that drawing. There it doesn't even look like 10-degrees... There must be something we don't know. Keel anyone?

Has anyone else noticed the big hole in the floor before the side pods under the crash structure? That will suck the air under the car big time!

Must say it looks good to me!!!
    Last edited by Salvador Dali; 23rd January 2012 at 16:40.

No official pics yet, right?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I don't expect them before 3rd Feb.

Extract from scarbs about new F2012 sketch:

What is interesting is not so much the winged side impact spars, but the way the floor is split between the sidepod and the lower side impact spar.

I initially thought this wouldnt be legal, due to the continuous surface regulated in 2011 to ban the double diffuser. But the 2011 rules sneaked in a revision in that the floor can feature openings forward of a line 450mm ahead of the rear face of the cockpit opening. This sits roughly inline with where the cockpit padding lowers down to chassis height, currently the sidepod fronts and side impact spars sit forward of this point.

A split in the floor will effectively move the floors leading edge backwards. This will have two effects:

Firstly, the centre of pressure will move backwards, as the suction peak at the floors leading edge will be further back. This will create more downfroce at the rear axle & less at the front, which will compensate for the loss of EBD, but the front wing will have to make up the deficit to keep the car balanced.

Secondly, there'll be shorter floor, which should be less sensitive, something Mercedes worked out last year when they designed the SWB & hence short floor for the what they thought would be a lack of EBD effect on the W02.

Losing this front 15cm of sidepods will reduce the volume left for radiator ducting and the coolers themselves. This does tie in with the belief that Ferrari have some sort of 'surface cooling' idea up their sleeves.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Forza 27 View Post
    I don't expect them before 3rd Feb.

Grazie

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Sorry mate, I was talking about the drawing speculating how the F2012 will look like, as I think, it is a really good guess! It gives a good idea of the design direction they used on this F1 car.

lets just calm down guys...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5250/5342308413_7a831f04b6.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Preview Sketch

ferrari-f150-1.jpg
    Real thing.

if Ferrari had found loads, they would not have leaked details about them yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    lets just calm down guys...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5250/5342308413_7a831f04b6.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Preview Sketch

ferrari-f150-1.jpg
    Real thing.

if Ferrari had found loads, they would not have leaked details about them yet.
    'In the design that we offer in collaboration with the "Gazzetta dello Sport" we just want to explain the concept that inspired Pat Fry and partners: we do not presume to define with precision the lines which will characterise the red car.'

The drawing was never ment to be accurate just an interpretation. But Giorgio Piola the same guy who leaked the Lotus RRH system is just describing what he knows of the car and someone draws it. It's not ment to look identical.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

the wing will be illegal i think sidepod simple ordinary ugly car i hoping for redesign and hoping for gain for ferrari not redbull or mclaren

The wing is not illegal.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Salvador Dali View Post
    Sorry mate, I was talking about the drawing speculating how the F2012 will look like, as I think, it is a really good guess! It gives a good idea of the design direction they used on this F1 car.
    Not a problem mate. My fault.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

T van R Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scudvirgin10 View Post
    the wing will be illegal i think sidepod simple ordinary ugly car i hoping for redesign and hoping for gain for ferrari not redbull or mclaren
    No. It isn't illegal , Because it isn't illegal

its good i know,fia could targeting that design because of unsafety but im hoping to its redesign of the side wing what i mean to see the update version not banning it by fia

Last edited by Hombre B; 24th January 2012 at 05:56.

Quote Originally Posted by scudvirgin10 View Post
    its good i know,fia could targeting that design because of unsafety but im hoping to its redesign of the side wing what i mean to see the update version not banning it by fia
    Did you mean the top wings at the side of the car in front of the sidepod ?

I do know that there are rules in place to "clean up" the car of any small wings we used to see on the side of the car, but I don't know the exact scope of that rule and if those extra wing the drawing suggest could be illegal due to this rule.

But I believe the smaller wings on the engine cover are all banned now.

I hope all the rumours, articles and diagrams aren't giving too much away about our car.

Andrew Benson has been constantly tweeting these detailed rumours about our car for the past couple of days along with the drawings. Giorgio Piola from Gazetta is supposedly outing all our 'secrets' in his articles after getting an inside look/information.

I've seen no details of any other car. Pretty frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    I hope all the rumours, articles and diagrams aren't giving too much away about our car.

Andrew Benson has been constantly tweeting these detailed rumours about our car for the past couple of days along with the drawings. Giorgio Piola from Gazetta is supposedly outing all our 'secrets' in his articles after getting an inside look/information.

I've seen no details of any other car. Pretty frustrating.
    Exactly. Hell I'm hoping its all just a wild guess.

It would be a shame if the rest of the world already knows about our car even before its revealed. Its in every team's interest to keep everything a secret until its official reveal so I'm not sure why we're seeing all these details now.

Truzonef1 tweeted this : http://i.imgur.com/6I1OX.png
    I don't know where are all these information coming but i would prefer people not to share them

New comparative

(Via Autosport forums)

Quote Originally Posted by number 13 View Post
    I don't know where are all these information coming but i would prefer people not to share them
    theres quite a few things missing out of that image i know its only a guess but i think there probably off i do admit i like the smaller body i dont think this is radical enough that Ferrari were promising.

This is just photoshoped F150. Someone wanted attention I guess :)

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

The first pic of the new Ferrari, by Autosprint..

http://www.auto.it/autosprint/formul...+martedi+su+AS

seems like they got the number right for next year.
    "Losing Michael from Formula One is not like losing your arm or leg. It’s like losing your torso. It’s like removing America from the world map and hoping that somehow Spain can fill the void." - Jeremy Clarkson

thats just a paint photoshop job on the F150, and there is no way that is real. unless Rory has beat Einstein with that sidepod packaging.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Dude, those sidepods are freakin awesome looking!!!!!

Seat fitting for Alonso and Massa

Maranello, 24 January –Today, for the first time, Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso made actual contact with the car they will drive in the 2012 World Championship. The two Scuderia Ferrari drivers were in Maranello today to try out their seating position in the very first car to be assembled over the past few days at the Gestione Sportiva.

It also provided the opportunity for the drivers to meet up with Stefano Domenicali and the engineers and to be brought up to speed with development of the car. Felipe and Fernando, along with Jules Bianchi and Davide Rigon, will spend the next few days at a training camp in the Canary Isles taking part in a programme aimed at putting the finishing touches to their physical training, prior to the start of the season. Their next public outing will be on 3 February at the Fiorano track, for the presentation of the new car to the media and the Scuderia’s partners.

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formu...and-Massa.aspx

The pix are in a commercially available mag...everyone can see them, plus Im sure theyre circulated around the intranet..
    so I doubt anything here is going to give away any Ferrari secrets. We'll see it soon enough, then we'll see how it
    really looks at the 1st tests....mabey...

Ferrari never gave anything to the outside world before the launch day. All the images on the internet are just artist impressions. They are purely fictional.

So calm down guys

why ferrari launch the design early it means ferrari will be loser again why because they reveal the other stuff of that car do you see mclaren or redbull unveiling its design i will find help me guys so we will see their advantage ferrari will be beated by lotus or mercedes because of leaked pics if that will be the actual design if not im just wish for a luck

its hard to see redbull or mclaren fans club im happy that even ferrari lose people keep there loyalty and wish for change and cares alot like me