Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by scudvirgin10 View Post
    why ferrari launch the design early it means ferrari will be loser again why because they reveal the other stuff of that car do you see mclaren or redbull unveiling its design i will find help me guys so we will see their advantage ferrari will be beated by lotus or mercedes because of leaked pics if that will be the actual design if not im just wish for a luck
    These pictures are not from Ferrari. They are just guesses from people, based on RUMORED information. Still remember last year, where we saw a picture of what was believed to be F150... and of course the actual car looked completely different. Here is the picture:
    9526b1a7da_71936691_o2.png
    So relax, we will see if what is shown now is at least remotely similar to how the car actually looks like in few days :)

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Ferrari: Images said to be of their 2012 car have been published in Italy

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...Italian-press-
    http://www.auto.it/autosprint/formul...+martedi+su+AS

C_3_Media_1408713_immagine_fullw.jpg

C_3_Media_1408623_immagine_newsdet.jpg

Images of what is purportedly Ferrari's new car have been published online by the Italian media, over a week before its official launch.

The appearance of the images, created by veteran F1 technical illustrator Giorgio Piola, comes just days after Gazzetta dello Sport reported that the chassis, which will apparently be christened either the F12 or F2012, would be armed with a pull-rod rear suspension and narrow sidepods, and that the new car would also be unveiled with last year's front and rear wings.

Now Autosprint has jumped a leap further by publishing detailed pictures of what it claims is the team's new charger - one that team principal Stefano Domenicali promised late last year would be "really extreme" as they seek to challenge World Champions Red Bull.According to a rough translation of their report, the chassis has been 'heavily inspired' by McLaren's MP4-26 - notably in that particular car's sidepods - and will represent 'a real clean break with the past'.

Intriguingly, the car has been described as 'ugly' due to 'a hump' on its nose, but its most visually striking feature will be high wings around the driver's cockpit which, it is claimed, represents an attempt to exploit new rules governing side impact crash structures.

With blown diffusers outlawed in 2012, the report also speculated that the car's exhaust, which must now exit upwards ahead of the car's rear axle line, is notably high - possibly in an attempt to direct gases on to the rear wing.

The car receives its official launch at Ferrari's Maranello base on Friday, February 3.
    Ugly or not, is it fast

Those cenceptpics doesn´t give anything away. Just someone who is guessing. And I actually hope they are near the end result, because the car look rather good in those pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Those cenceptpics doesn´t give anything away. Just someone who is guessing. And I actually hope they are near the end result, because the car look rather good in those pics.
    I agree I really like it!

the long, low and narrow radiators looks interesting, it will provide a big boost with the current regulations. also cant wait what the "new" floor looks like and how it will perform

I wouldn't be buying these pics until the real thing comes out.

All pictures that we have seen are just journalist interpretations of how new Ferrari will look like. As said numerous of time in this forum, latter when car is actually launch we see that those pictures are not even close to real car, as it happened last year. I don't think that Ferrari will be that stupid to show pictures before car is presented to public. They invested so many in people and development, just to simply give it all away with pictures on net. No way! Even when they officially present car, it is always show with front and back wing from previous model. Definite version of car we will see on first practice in Australia.

im hoping the car will be never like yoon eun hye i hope it will be like a mechanical Gladiator that can survive in races a strong one

Don't worry about those pictures from They are all guessing based on rumors and combined with new regulations. Giorgio Piola who started this is F1 technical analysis so he used his skills to draw what he thinks how 633 will look like. If someone at Ferrari would unveiling important infos and sketch they'll fired him.

As @stefa the new 633 will probably have old wingplates on presentation or some parts will be covered. And as it was in the past bodywork and some mechanical parts will be updated before the first race.

Twitter:

"Ferrari has been workin on 'clever' wheels that allow the pit faster, try the temperature of tires and brakes better"

When they meant that the new Ferrari is ugly i would thought that it would be THIS ugly

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-conten...1_f1racing.jpg

http://twitpic.com/8bh02t/full

This is ugly for me

Btw this is the official Caterham CT101 F1 car of 2012

That nose is seriously ugly, let's hope our car is prettier and faster.

They didn't want to compromise the air under the front end so this is solution that meets the the rules. I think all teams including Ferrari will be doing the same. If rumors about Ferrari front pull rod suspension is true there could be more curved shape than this but we will have to wait and see. from the image the rear end looks tight around the side pods. It would be great to see where the exhaust pipes are pointing at.

omg...that is one fugly carlike Thing.
    it's only one solution to the new rules and i really hope it is not going to be a common look on the grid.
    this will be hard to get used to
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

Quote Originally Posted by Grinsomx View Post
    omg...that is one fugly carlike Thing.
    it's only one solution to the new rules and i really hope it is not going to be a common look on the grid.
    this will be hard to get used to
    It's believed that McLaren's last year nose would almost pass the new rules, so there is a chance that some cars will look like they actually belong to F1...

There is a chance that the F12 will look pretty judging by the fact they have pull-rod suspension at the front.

Attachment 4459Attachment 4460

New Caterham,presented the day before oficial presentetion
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Nisko View Post
    Attachment 4459Attachment 4460

New Caterham,presented the day before oficial presentetion
    the front wing is like a stick of the popsicle stick copy version of old redbull car

more pictures
    Attachment 4461Attachment 4462
    seriously ugly
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

reading more into this... i and many of us would get ready for the next big season.. hoping to see more on the part of the engineers and aero design.. Apparently, the caterham car looks sluggish.. hoping our 2012 challenger supposedly named F2012 or F12 would look far better and also perform well. Stefano and Pat should lead the way..

Don't care if it looks bad! As long as gives up pole's and wins I'm happy!

The training camp of the Scuderia Ferrari drivers will begin tomorrow at Lanzarote, one of the Canary Islands. - Ferrari twitter

Photos:

http://www.lavozdelanzarote.com/article64908.html

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Twitter:

"Ferrari has been workin on 'clever' wheels that allow the pit faster, try the temperature of tires and brakes better"
    Why does that worry me?

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Last year we had also something with our fast pitstop due to the tyre lock mecanism... Look where that brought us with slowish stops.

Well atleast we can't be slower then last year so that's a positive thing to take with us this year.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

I know I said earlier in this thread that I don't care how the car looks like as long as it's fast and reliable, but... This is seriously UGLY!
    Hope our engineers have made FIA rules in more prettier way

i think our front nose will be better than this because we will use pull rod

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    i think our front nose will be better than this because we will use pull rod
    I don't see where this Pull-Rod rumors are coming from, Just because the supposed new F2012(sketch) has a front pull rod doesn't mean it's true. The likes of scarbs and a certain Mclaren engineer have stated that it's near to impossible to have front pull rod because of the restrictions in rules and regulations.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

GP Update wrote:
    While at the factory, both men were greeted by Team Principal Stefano Domenicali and updated by engineers on the latest technical information. This year’s car is expected to be named F12.

At least they got the name right!

Quote Originally Posted by number 13 View Post
    When they meant that the new Ferrari is ugly i would thought that it would be THIS ugly

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-conten...1_f1racing.jpg

http://twitpic.com/8bh02t/full
    Holy schit