Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

F12 does sounds nice. For 2014, since the US NAVY Grumman F-14 was my baby and we no longer fly it, it would be a nice tribute to the greatest fighter ever made. Maybe it'll produce the greatest F1 car ever made as well? Anytime, Baby...!

What about SF12 now that Ferrari have dropped the Marlboro from their name since July 2011.

Forza Ferrari..hi friends i am a regular reader of Scuderia F1.net but today i registered my self as an official member of Scuderia F1.net...
    Forza Ferrari...Forza Fernando....

Quote Originally Posted by anupa2k View Post
    Forza Ferrari..hi friends i am a regular reader of Scuderia F1.net but today i registered my self as an official member of Scuderia F1.net...
    Forza Ferrari...Forza Fernando....
    Welcome to the forums

Tweet, tweet :)
    - In Maranello believe of having one of the best Kers (perhaps the best), the best output system and better brakes
    - Ferrari aims to return to being the best in the handling of the tires, something they hope to achieve during this season
    - But there are things that need improvement as the DRS, traction, balance, stability under braking and more, they're at it
    - As for aerodynamics, if not to the level expected in Melbourne, it will be on the first major change with improvement in the 3rd GP

Awesome but we need a car that has a good base right from the start of the 2012 season else the opponents will start taking our points and then we will have to play catch with them..same as last year...and aerodynamics plays an important role in this...

I think 2012 season will be the best season Formula 1 ever had...with WDC on the grid...come on Ferrari we need to do it this time...

Quote Originally Posted by anupa2k View Post
    I think 2012 season will be the best season Formula 1 ever had...with WDC on the grid...come on Ferrari we need to do it this time...
    it depend on car

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by eslam1986 View Post
    Tweet, tweet :)
    - In Maranello believe of having one of the best Kers (perhaps the best), the best output system and better brakes
    - Ferrari aims to return to being the best in the handling of the tires, something they hope to achieve during this season
    - But there are things that need improvement as the DRS, traction, balance, stability under braking and more, they're at it
    - As for aerodynamics, if not to the level expected in Melbourne, it will be on the first major change with improvement in the 3rd GP
    - Red Bull has proven that you don't need Kers to win.
    - Ferrari handled the tyres better than anyone last year, but making them perform at optimum performance is another matter.
    - Agree. DRS is crucial in qualifying, not just in the race.
    - Our aero is one of the best, other teams relied heavily on EBD last season to increase downforce. We just need more mechanical grip and solve our tyre problems from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    - Red Bull has proven that you don't need Kers to win.
    thats right but you must have some thing innovative like (EBD),kers give you at least 0.3 sec per lap
    - Ferrari handled the tyres better than anyone last year, but making them perform at optimum performance is another matter.
    if you remember silverstone ferrari match redbull in hard tyre in Q1 when EBD ban
    - Agree. DRS is crucial in qualifying, not just in the race.
    if you have more downforce you will use DRS more than other team and gain more time in qualifying
    - Our aero is one of the best, other teams relied heavily on EBD last season to increase downforce. We just need more mechanical grip and solve our tyre problems from last year.

I get the feeling that the top 3 teams Will be very cagey at the tests, it would be good to get the true analyse of whose looking good and not just the headline lap times, a real balanced view onthe cars,And how there shaping up

Whats the best website to follow to the tests live? Are there any with live timing?

ububgu.jpg i hope are front wing will be like this but flat version

Quote Originally Posted by Brad-Ferrari View Post
    Whats the best website to follow to the tests live? Are there any with live timing?
    Honestly, the best thing to do is to come here at testing time, there will be a thread and it will have links provided

Here are some from previous years that I've used:-

MSFree - its a Greek motorsport site
    http://msfree.gr/ms.php?id=18694
    and here's the same site through a bot translation site into English
    http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...s.php?id=18694

GPUpdate
    http://www.gpupdate.net/en/testcalen...test-calendar/

F1 Fanatic last year had this site that combine lots of tweets from all sorts of sources, teams, journos etc
    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/twitter/

Autosport ran a blog from each test site. Links will probably come up on this page
    http://live.autosport.com/

And of course there is always the BBC for some unbiased, fair and balanced reporting, they also had a reasonable blog. Links to their services will probably be here:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/

@NJB13

Cheers :)

All those news and insides are great but all of it is not true. There is noone in Ferrari leaking any news. Guys just have patience and wait

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post

These are fun!
    I can see what Felipe's doing but Fernando Has he just crawled under the two bars, turned left and is preparing to repeat it?

btw, what would yo guys do if all of these rumours are untrue, and come friday, we have a F150 copy.
    Last edited by scuderiafan; 28th January 2012 at 14:19. Reason: Spelling

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    btw, what would yo guys do if all of these rumours are untrue, and comevfriday, we have a F150 copy.
    Lose all faith in humanity.

Hunt down Jose Luis? ^^
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    btw, what would yo guys do if all of these rumours are untrue, and come friday, we have a F150 copy.
    wait for Ford to sue us?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

T van R Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad-Ferrari View Post
    This site is very user friendly

http://en.espnf1.com/

I've taken the image from the Ferrari singleseater release site hoping it might give us a glimpse of the new car. Unfortunately not. I've overlaid last years car and it's that. Grr!

@Joseluisf1:
    There are still some McLaren engineers that it would sign, including Tim Goss and Neil Oatley, especially the latter
    And José Luis said Magnetti Marelli created a brand new KERS for Ferrari, they think it's the best KERS

i'd imagine that the new kers system, if it has been improved as rumours suggest, would just be smaller and lighter than last year. giving us a weight advantage and more scope for our engineers to design a tighter rear end

Quote Originally Posted by giodap View Post
    i'd imagine that the new kers system, if it has been improved as rumours suggest, would just be smaller and lighter than last year. giving us a weight advantage and more scope for our engineers to design a tighter rear end
    The lighter Kers unit is must have because of fixed weight. They could also redesign the whole unit to place batteries on side of the engine. Kers brings 0.45s per lap so it's very important to develope it and making lighter all the time to increase its benefites.