Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    IMO, its not as effective in achieving its original goal. As we've seen Lotus' nose, its still very high.

We need to bring the nose back down like those in 2002 for example. That would ensure the nose will impact the side body rather than going for the driver's head.

to my knowledge teams are trying to get as much as air possible under the nose to boost aero with current regulations (with still high nose).... but with 2002 type noses it may be difficult....but for safety reasons i dont think all teams are going to lower the nose but may be somewat nearer to caterham car nose... even though whatever speculation we do and websites provide the actual designs will be revealed in couple of days one by one......... so the genius are working hard to bring out there master pieces to lead the field with their advantage....................

Not sure if anyone has seen this but if you guys want have a read http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2012/0/930.html
    It's about our 2012 car and also what i liked is
    Another point worth mentioning is that at launch the car is expected to be fitted with older-spec wings and not the newly-designed 2012 items.

Racing is life and life is a risk - Michael schumacher

New Ferrari (?):

Last edited by Hombre B; 31st January 2012 at 15:30.

Ossi Oikarinen leave Scuderia Ferrari team and his new team is Team Rosberg, DTM-series. he replaces former technical director Andreas Roos.

Wonder, why they made that teaser with F60

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Anyone know if this presentation will be available archived (ie, non-live), so that I don't have to wake up at ridiculous o'clock?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Anyone know if this presentation will be available archived (ie, non-live), so that I don't have to wake up at ridiculous o'clock?
    i hear ya bro, i too live in the other part of the world, Canada, and waking up at 4am is plain ridiculous...LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Wonder, why they made that teaser with F60
    How can you possibly know that it was the F60

Quote Originally Posted by number 13 View Post
    How can you possibly know that it was the F60
    Just compare the bits in the teaser with F60 and you will see yourself. Nose (even the front wing is whole red), sidepods, area around rear suspension, the tyre has part of the word "Bridgestone" on it... everything is the same as it is on F60. So either it's F60 or the F2012 is copy of it.

As seeing that Ferrari are working flat out on the this year's car, adding a lot of new components, revolutionary or not so, copied or not so, gives me optimism and doubt at the same time because : 1) If all these new parts will integrate into a one car, the dividents will be visible right away; 2)But if just one thing will not work properly for the better good of the car, then again Ferrari might find themselves in a situation that puts them behind again;

Of course I'm praying and hoping that this year we'll finally see a competitive car that will give Vettel a run for his money, as I'm sure that if Alonso has a car similar in speed to the one that Vettel has, Fernando will be the better one. Not being a homer here because I'm not by far a fan of Alonso. But he's clearly the best on the grid now. Sorry, Felipinho.

there's an article on planetf1 that ferrari are still about 3tenths slower to redbull according to briatore, alonso's manager..well thats sad to hear if its true...that's a bit a lot..

Gosh theres a preview of the f12 at f1.com.. are those accurate??

PlanetF1???? They are not to be believed. Oh yee of such little faith! I doubt Briatore knows the full picture of the Ferrari Race Car at this time. Lets not forget that there is a brand new floor coming! There is a very long way to go and we have no idea what kind of downforce and speed the new Red Bull and McLaren will have. All speculation! The cars have not even hit the racxe track yet and ALL of the designs are still being developed. Patience! Patience! Patience! Time will tell!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicane View Post
    there's an article on planetf1 that ferrari are still about 3tenths slower to redbull according to briatore, alonso's manager..well thats sad to hear if its true...that's a bit a lot..
    NOBODY can possibly know how this (and any other) two cars compares against each other. Briatore's guess... nothing more.

NOBODY can possibly know how this (and any other) two cars compares against each other. Briatore's guess... nothing more.
    If he even said it...

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Agree. Maybe even down to Flavio trying to "talk up" Nando's skill, ie if Nando wins its more down to his skill that car performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicane View Post
    Fernando carries his own 6 tenths, so that puts us 3 tenths ahead of Red Bull

The first shakedown of F2012 is doubtful

Ferrari's winter preparation come to an end as the car launch approaches

At the Fiorano track, preparations are underway for the presentation of the new Formula 1 car and in Lanzarote in the Canary Isles, the training camp is coming to an end for Fernando Alonso, Felipe Massa, Jules Bianchi and Davide Rigon.
    The four drivers, along with the physiotherapists who look after them throughout the season, have spent the past few days tackling different sports, ranging from mountain biking to football, from tennis to ping-pong, not forgetting canoeing and working out in the gym or on the beach. All of this has taken place in very different conditions to those in Maranello, as the drivers enjoyed average daily temperatures of 20 °C.

The Lanzarote course was not only aimed at improving physical condition, which is absolutely vital in a demanding sport like Formula 1, but it was also an important exercise in team building, both because the competitive nature inherent in all the drivers spurred them to work even harder and in the right spirit and also because, spending time together reinforces the friendship between them.

In a few days, all four of them have important appointments. Jules will make a lightning visit to Maranello, before flying to England to start a new adventure as reserve driver for Force India, while, on 3 February, Fernando and Felipe will be taking part in the launch ceremony for the car they will be driving as from the Jerez test (7-10 February.)

Davide, who has recently extended his agreement with the Scuderia for two more years, will also be in Maranello: a lot of work awaits him in the simulator, in support of the development of the car that will see the light of day for the first time in a few days.

The programme has been established for the drivers in the three test sessions which take place prior to the Australian Grand Prix: in Jerez, Felipe will begin the development work, with Fernando closing the test; at the first Barcelona test, (21-24 February) it will be the Spaniard who drives for the first two days, with Felipe taking over for the final two; at the second session at the Catalunya Circuit (1-4 March) the driver order will again be reversed. Meanwhile the weather forecast for this week in the Maranello area is not very encouraging, with predictions of snow and very low temperatures. This means there is a real doubt as to whether it will be possible to carry out any promotional filming at the Fiorano track prior to heading for Jerez de la Frontera. It’s a very long way from Andalusia to the Emilia region and the departure of the car transporter with the racecar on board cannot be delayed any later than the afternoon of the fourth.
    Last edited by hks143; 1st February 2012 at 07:56. Reason: grammar mistake

NObody knows how big the gap will be or how we compare with other teams so this is only speculation ;)

eh? how would Flav get his hands on the Ferrari F2012 blueprints?

this may be one of the rare things he is wrong about.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Fernando carries his own 6 tenths, so that puts us 3 tenths ahead of Red Bull

The future is RED

goodness no steeped nose for the mclarens..makes me more excited to see the new ferrari..

pretty conservative design for the mp4-27. lets wait for the f2012

Quote Originally Posted by anakin View Post
    Too right, mate.

I think they are on to something with the exhaust, which they haven't shown yet.

Still, hopefully Ferrari will come up with something unique and works

I don't think it's conservative at all, i think it's a beautiful car. That chrome color is very deceiving, the car has a nice flow to it imo.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    I don't think it's conservative at all, i think it's a beautiful car. That chrome color is very deceiving, the car has a nice flow to it imo.
    The car is conservative. That doesn't mean that it is not pretty, but it seems to me like they took the F150 route. Conservative, nice looking car, just an evelution of the previous model (in this it's closer to the 2010 car). It may cost them dearly.

The car is conservative. That doesn't mean that it is not pretty, but it seems to me like they took the F150 route. Conservative, nice looking car, just an evelution of the previous model (in this it's closer to the 2010 car). It may cost them dearly.
    Well Ferrari bought out half of their technical staff
    Last edited by Hermann; 1st February 2012 at 13:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Well Ferrari bouth out half of their technical staff
    True