Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617285378103 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 05alonso06 View Post
    yes but if they had the EBD in Silverstone they would destroy us there
    EBD ban will defently hurt Mclaren the most,remember pre-season testing before they switched to redbull-exoust system
    yeah, thats the theory. but we should not underestimate these teams, as McLaren's whole thing was designed on exhaust blowing. they will have changed that for next year, and will probably be competitive.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

ok my friend

keep us informed

ok my friend

keep us informed
    will do

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

i'm following this spanish guy on twitter, who has some very interesting rumours on Ferrari.

Truzonef1

Ferrari physicochemical data from Maranello with tunnel wind from Toyota and Dallara, more hours of tunnel thanks to external media
    11 Oct

Truzonef1Truzonef1

It seems that the data thrown in the tunnel of the Ferrari wind on suspensions "Pull-Rod" represent a large increase in benefits
    11 Oct

Truzonef1Truzonef1

Newey: "Ferrari is possibly the team that will suffer less in terms of benefits." "It is a great loss of Downforce"
    17 Oct

Truzonef1Truzonef1

Newey: "they all say that there are no significant changes for 2012, but the prohibition of the blowing is a drastic change, it will be a challenge"
    17 Oct

Truzonef1Truzonef1

Newey: "No I am the best designer in F1." I "Colin Chapman, Gordon Murray, and Rory Byrne consider exceptional"
    17 Oct

Truzonef1Truzonef1

In the last 24 hours the FIA has made clarification teams with respect to engine maps to clarify them definitively.
    21 Oct

Truzonef1Truzonef1

What is clear is that with the guidelines given to the 'engine map' this will not be a factor of influence aerodynamics.
    21 Oct

Truzonef1Truzonef1

The Working Group of the FIA will make a clarification teams to have any kind of coming from the exhaust flow incidence aero.
    21 Oct

Truzonef1Truzonef1

All teams are still trying to usually the way that escapes the blow on the flat bottom of the rear wing to generate downforce
    21 Oct

Truzonef1Truzonef1

It seems that the extraction of air that will take the system to increase the speed of fluid to the diffuser rubbing the illegality
    22 Oct

Truzonef1Truzonef1

The system is an evolution of the solution provided by Byrne in the B195 and the expulsion of fluids used by Lotus in the 1970s
    22 Oct

Truzonef1Truzonef1

Ferrari boss production new modifications to the bodywork of the back of the 663. All focused on the "Venturi" system
    22 Oct
    Also,
    Pat Fry this very proud designed chassis - with tips from Byrne - Ferrari 2012, the current gums (tyres) treatment is almost perfect

However the construction of the chassis would be in the limit pass the test of FIA crash, Fry is not shown worried about that topic
    2 Hours ago.
    http://twitter.com/#!/Truzonef1

Great stuff scuderiafan, love reading positive stuff like that. Very interesting comments from Newey .... if they are accurate

Thanks for sharing.

No surprise considering Newey is, I think, the best of the best when it comes to blown diffuser. He was the last to stop using it at McLaren, while Ferrari, I think was the first who abandoned it in favor of the periscope exhaust.

This caught my attention
    Truzonef1Truzonef1
    The system is an evolution of the solution provided by Byrne in the B195 and the expulsion of fluids used by Lotus in the 1970s
    22 Oct

Truzonef1Truzonef1
    Ferrari boss production new modifications to the bodywork of the back of the 663. All focused on the "Venturi" system
    22 Oct
    Anyone have any idea what that might be?

Edit: My bad, ground effect was still used in the 70s =X
    Last edited by Hornet; 24th October 2011 at 15:44.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    i'm following this spanish guy on twitter, who has some very interesting rumours on Ferrari.

Also,

http://twitter.com/#!/Truzonef1
    Great stuff mate, thanks for posting these. Looking positive so far!

The future is RED

Thanks scuderiafan, awesome!

Newey sounds worried, I like that!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Maybe its the translation; but did I read properly that Newey himself considers himself to be the best F1 car designer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    In F1 history, After 1971, F1 completely banned ground effect and started using flat bottoms. So its very possible something special that help the Lotus in the 70s can still be use today
    I think it refers to the venturi effect

Quote Originally Posted by Homan13PSU View Post
    Maybe its the translation; but did I read properly that Newey himself considers himself to be the best F1 car designer?
    Poor translation.

Newey: "No me considero el mejor diseñador de la F1. A Colin Chapman, Gordon Murray, y Rory Byrne los considero excepcionales

Thanks scuderiafan!!!I love reading your posts!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    I think it refers to the venturi effect
    I see... Can't wait to see how it is

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post

Poor translation.

Newey: "No me considero el mejor diseñador de la F1. A Colin Chapman, Gordon Murray, y Rory Byrne los considero excepcionales
    I figured as much. Thank you.

thanks SCDfan

what worry's me is how did all this information gone out already regarding the"venturi"

i mean we didn't find out about the blown-diffusors until mid season

unless "venturi" isn't crucial actually

can anyone please post a picture or an animation or a video or something of a car whit the venturi efect from the past
    i see that benneton car but i don't see the "venturi"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2P-2EC19eQ
    Last edited by 05alonso06; 24th October 2011 at 18:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

No surprise considering Newey is, I think, the best of the best when it comes to blown diffuser. He was the last to stop using it at McLaren, while Ferrari, I think was the first who abandoned it in favor of the periscope exhaust.

This caught my attention

Anyone have any idea what that might be?

Edit: My bad, ground effect was still used in the 70s =X
    Wasn't Rory Byrne the pioneer of that concept?

And Newey was actually being humble, he said he doesnt consider himself the best, as he said there were others like Murray, Byrne etc. but i guess that has been explained.

Every car uses the venturi effect, the diffuser is the perfect example. If a fluid is flowing through a space, and you restrict the cross sectional area of that space the fluid will speed up, thus reducing the pressure which creates downforce. I can't wait to see what Ferrari might have come up with that other teams haven't, but to be honest the rules seem so restriced these days I don't think there is going to be one thing that leaps any one team to the front.

Truzonef1Truzonef1

Rory Byrne and Patrick Head have been consulted by the FIA concerning the position of the leakage of 2012 and the maps engine.
    12 minutes ago

You lost me

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Interesting reading... Maccas are making something radical too...they have already Plan B if their radical concept doesnt pay out...hopefully it wont :)

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Interesting reading... Maccas are making something radical too...they have already Plan B if their radical concept doesnt pay out...hopefully it wont :)
    where did you get this information

Truzonef1 Truzonef1
    No he conseguido enterarme en lo que trabaja McLaren pero comentan que es tan radical que dudan de poder usarlo cc
    (I did not get found out what works McLaren but comment that is so radical that it can be used cc doubt)

joseluisf1 FA
    El 'Plan B' de McLaren seria en principio un diseño que solo de llevaría a producción en caso de que no funcione la 'solución radical'
    (The 'Plan B' McLaren would in principle a design that only lead to production if it does not work the 'radical solution')

[QUOTE=medeni73;695678]Truzonef1 Truzonef1
    No he conseguido enterarme en lo que trabaja McLaren pero comentan que es tan radical que dudan de poder usarlo cc
    (I did not get found out what works McLaren but comment that is so radical that it can be used cc doubt)

joseluisf1 FA
    El 'Plan B' de McLaren seria en principio un diseño que solo de llevaría a producción en caso de que no funcione la 'solución radical'

yeah. this is what i'am talking about,no information leaking at mclaren like in our case all we know it's radical in our case everyone knows already about the "venturi"

i hope i'am wrong and the "663" destroys everbody

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Wasn't Rory Byrne the pioneer of that concept?
    I'm not sure as I don't know much about the era back then

All I know is due to the reliability issue from the hot gasses which affects the suspension and other things, Ferrari was one of the earlier team to move the exhaust away from the rear to the one that periscope design, effectively ending the usage of blown diffuser.

Either way we won't hear about blown diffuser anymore next year which I hope is good news for us

yeah. this is what i'am talking about,no information leaking at mclaren like in our case all we know it's radical in our case everyone knows already about the "venturi"

i hope i'am wrong and the "663" destroys everbody
    lol. Yeah, I did thought the same too. Why are we going around telling people what we're working on

I still hope Ferrari will have a nice surprise next year. Something no one else think of yet

http://twitter.com/#!/joseluisf1

Tombazis: 'Ferrari wont copy RedBull'

Quote Originally Posted by shostak View Post

http://twitter.com/#!/joseluisf1

Tombazis: 'Ferrari wont copy RedBull'
    Is this true that Newey has found 0.5s for Rb8!??

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post
    Is this true that Newey has found 0.5s for Rb8!??
    It's a rumour...
    The same rumour says first RB8 results weren't very promising.

Willem Toet pioneered the periscope exhausts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari2183 View Post
    Willem Toet pioneered the periscope exhausts.
    my mistake.
    Newey. it is probably true, but won't all cars improve on last year?

tombazis said that ferrari will not copy RB..finaly,i think that they think of something.....