Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718295479104 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    my mistake.
    Newey. it is probably true, but won't all cars improve on last year?
    No prob. Rory Byrne is the guy who perfected the system.

Quote Originally Posted by zovko View Post
    tombazis said that ferrari will not copy RB..finaly,i think that they think of something.....

Excellent news

Welcome aboard, amico mio

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Craig Scarborough:

2012 Noses: the new regs in grey and the 2011 nose for comparison:

2012 exhausts: this is the max\min exhausts where the could be located & blow. Not the diffuser, nor the beam wing:

First View 2012 Periscope Exhausts: the last 10cm of exhaust must fit into the yellow boxes pointing up 10-30 degs:

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    Craig Scarborough:

2012 Noses: the new regs in grey and the 2011 nose for comparison:

2012 exhausts: this is the max\min exhausts where the could be located & blow. Not the diffuser, nor the beam wing:

First View 2012 Periscope Exhausts: the last 10cm of exhaust must fit into the yellow boxes pointing up 10-30 degs:

this looks strange whit the exhaust

not sure that Newey won't came up whit something

Please don't quote images

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Please don't quote images
    ok sorry

Speaking to Scarbs about this. With the exits where they are, could be. The teams can have them in any part of the red area. Could, blow the top beam of the wing, or even the rear brakes. By having few flick ups or other devices on there too help produce the downforce. Could even help with heating up tyres.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

What's that nose? I thought nose of the car should be lower to prevent what happened to Webber in Valnecia 2009. And i looks awful...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    What's that nose? I thought nose of the car should be lower to prevent what happened to Webber in Valnecia 2009. And i looks awful...
    dont know, i thought that aswell.

I may be looking wrong, but that nose seems counterproductive to proper aero..unless they drop the front nose section..
    The end of the high brow nose?

if our car already has a wind-tunnel model and now this new regs about nose and exhaust this could set our car backwards no?

unless the teams knew about this before

i think the exhaust like this can help the downforce but much less than this year,something like in 2008 and before,no off-throtle right?

It will be interesting to see if the ban on "Off-Throtle" engine modes in 2012' will affect the Mercedes & Renault engines like they complained about this year??? I think Aero & Mechanical grip will be a big factor in getting the most out of the Pirelli Tires. It will also be interesting to see if the tire Specs stay the same and if Ferrari can get more heat into the tires without eating them up. I think Ferrari have to be very clever and exploit EVERY aspect of the race car next year and use the entire air mass around the race car to generate greater downforce for grip and greater speed by reducing drag. The CFD and Aero work must yield results in 2012' and Ferrari knows they have to field a winning car from the "Get-Go"!!!! No waiting to catch up next year.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Anyone who dare make a car with that new nose shape in grey should be ban from F1 permanently
    That is the ugliest nose since William's walrus nose.

BTW, maybe we can use the exhaust gas to warm our rear tires up if we can't solve the heat issue.

At least one of those Scarb diags on the exhaust shows the exhaust can at least blow over the top of the diffuser. Interesting it is not now placed beyond the areas of influence as it was originally spoken of - although I think having exhausts that long would present interesting tuning challenges.

Also, isn't there still another meeting of the TWG anyway, so this may still change again?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Anyone who dare make a car with that new nose shape in grey should be ban from F1 permanently
    That is the ugliest nose since William's walrus nose.

BTW, maybe we can use the exhaust gas to warm our rear tires up if we can't solve the heat issue.

The new nose was surely designed by Ramilton.

Is there any info on Alonso's seating position? He did mention early in the year that he is currently sitting a bit higher than his preferred position and that lowering his seat would also help the car by contributing to lower COG.

Ferrari aims to hit the ground running in 2012
    By Michele Lostia and Pablo Elizalde

Ferrari's chief designer Nikolas Tombazis says the Italian squad is aiming to hit the ground running in the 2012 season, but he admits the team is not taking anything for granted.

"Our objective is to arrive in Australia absolutely competitive already," Tombazis told Autosprint magazine.

"We don't want to say 'we are still behind, but we will do...'.

"It's clear however that are rivals are neither naive nor idiots. Our objective is to win, we aren't sparing anything. But we don't take anything for granted."

The Maranello squad has been hurt by uncompetitive starts to the season in the past two years, and this season has been much less successful than expected, having taken just one win.

Ferrari is planning a more aggressive approach for its car for next year, but Tombazis says the new machine will not be another Red Bull-like car, despite the team's dominance during the past two seasons.

"You can't ignore your competitors: if Red Bull wins, you can't say 'I'll just mind my own business'," he added.

"But it's not just Red Bull having interesting solutions: there are also slower cars with solutions worthy of consideration. You can't hide behind excuses. I think, however, that next year's car will have many different solutions, all ours.

"And it would not be fair to say it's a Red Bull, absolutely. It will be a Ferrari, it will be different in various areas, with new solutions in other areas, maybe taken from other cars. It will be a mix."

Tombazis also said that Ferrari has understood why some of the developments introduced in the latter part of the season have not worked, even if it ran out of time to work on them.

"We have understood what didn't work, but we haven't been able to fix it completely because, in September, solving the problem would have needed more time with effects only on the final three races, taking away too much time from next year's car.

"This is why, from that point on, we've struggled to stay close to our rivals."
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95678

The future is RED

Let's hope it's true this time

I am glad we are not thinking we have a god given right to win like some of our fans and they realise the competition does not just go away
    Forza Ferrari

another interesting tweet from Truzonef1:
    "Rory Byrne could have found a way to take 20% of the effect of exhaust gases by 2012."
    "Although Byrne has given his opinion on FIA could have found a way to use it, in which Ferrari was working."
    "No, forget that. From what we are talking about now is whether in 2011 use 100% of the effect, Byrne has found a way that ... 2012, depending on how you design the exhaust can blow the diffuser 20% of the maximum effect. Without blowing braking."
    Come on Byrne show us some magic... :)

Well if you what's wrong then you can work on the sollution.

Hope it's for real this time and not just talk.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    another interesting tweet from Truzonef1:
    "Rory Byrne could have found a way to take 20% of the effect of exhaust gases by 2012."
    "Although Byrne has given his opinion on FIA could have found a way to use it, in which Ferrari was working."
    "No, forget that. From what we are talking about now is whether in 2011 use 100% of the effect, Byrne has found a way that ... 2012, depending on how you design the exhaust can blow the diffuser 20% of the maximum effect. Without blowing braking."
    Come on Byrne show us some magic... :)
    i don't know if it's the translation or something but i don't understand nothing here

Quote Originally Posted by 05alonso06 View Post
    i don't know if it's the translation or something but i don't understand nothing here
    I believe he is saying that Rory has found a way to do the Red Bull exhaust effect, but within the new rules. Only 20% as effective, though.
    I think.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I believe he is saying that Rory has found a way to do the Red Bull exhaust effect, but within the new rules. Only 20% as effective, though.
    I think.

Ross Brawn's worst nightmare

mwahahahaha. i like the interview. no pr stuff, just honesty.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I really really hope that this time they deliver what they say!!!!!come on nikolaki make us proud!!!!!!!

i think in the beginning of 2006 or 07 Ferrari had an exhaust that was banned write away
    any one has a picture of that
    since Byrne was involved in that cars maybe this is similar

Quote Originally Posted by 05alonso06 View Post
    i think in the beginning of 2006 or 07 Ferrari had an exhaust that was banned write away
    any one has a picture of that
    since Byrne was involved in that cars maybe this is similar
    The F60 of 2009 was launched with exhaust that were illegal, that's all i can think of.

http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2009/0/618.html

what interests me is that they seem to know what has gone wrong, but dont want to fix it because it will take too long time off next years car.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    what interests me is that they seem to know what has gone wrong, but dont want to fix it because it will take too long time off next years car.
    sure they have ironed out and understanding the problems so they will not carry over the problems.