Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    I have to laugh at all of the "Arm Chair" Quarterbacks. The cars are all seeking downforce and grip any way they can. Mechanical Grip, Aero Downforce (axial & lateral), Lateral Aceleration and all at the same time Reduce Dag and have the highest Straight Line Speed. These are all the areas of work that all teams are working on. For Ferrari, It is about getting the car balanced and consistent. The car is running hot and then cold which is to say fast one moment and then very slow the next. It appears to be a very odd race car. They are trying hard to get a handle on this race car and get it balanced. These are the things all the teams are working on. It is a all about many little improvements and making them all working together. It is not about just one aspect of the Race car. It is about many things to improvement on the race car and make them all work in unison with each other and not could confliction forces about the race car.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    I have to laugh at YOU! Before the season started you were claiming how the Ferrari engineers have built a wonderful car, greatly crediting the team of engineers and the car design. Yet when the season did get underway you were served a plate of crow, not only was your so called expert analysis wrong, but you also tried to act like you knew it all along. Who is the "Arm Chair Critique" now?
    Instead of coming out here and blabbing technical jargon whilst stating the obvious, why don't you take a step backwards and not act like the all knowing engineer that Ferrari should've hired a long time ago.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

LOL, I will not waste my time repying to yet another outspoken poster with a personal attack on me. I need not defend what I have posted, ever! No "Crow" from me ever. The obvious is the obvious. No need to "White Wash" anything. Ferrari are learning a very new tool of which to work with. They have had a diffucult time to make everything work in ubison. Many things are quite obvious in the areas to improve. Other areas oif the Race Car are much more complex. The Race Car, like most things in life are a set of levers. When you pull on one, another one is sent in motion. Now back to this race car, Ferrari have problems managing the air flow at the rear of the Race Car and that is not just regarding the Exhaust. It seems more of a problem with the votries about the rear body work and diffuser / wing. This Aero problem at the rear seem to also have a great impact on the front end settings. It takes time but the issues are not uncommon and solutions will follow. Patience, is the key work to keep following.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

LOL, I will not waste my time repying to yet another outspoken poster with a personal attack on me. I need not defend what I have posted, ever! No "Crow" from me ever. The obvious is the obvious. No need to "White Wash" anything. Ferrari are learning a very new tool of which to work with. They have had a diffucult time to make everything work in ubison. Many things are quite obvious in the areas to improve. Other areas oif the Race Car are much more complex. The Race Car, like most things in life are a set of levers. When you pull on one, another one is sent in motion. Now back to this race car, Ferrari have problems managing the air flow at the rear of the Race Car and that is not just regarding the Exhaust. It seems more of a problem with the votries about the rear body work and diffuser / wing. This Aero problem at the rear seem to also have a great impact on the front end settings. It takes time but the issues are not uncommon and solutions will follow. Patience, is the key work to keep following.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

oh come on. i was expecting some updates news, and i got this slinging match. Frank brings up some good points, but maybe they could be communicated better, but still that doesnt mean we have to get personal.

so, i wonder if anyone has any news.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

So when people's interpretations and opinions are proved wrong, they're immediately slapped with the smart@$$ tag? Weird, it's like someone having a life sentence just for knocking down a little girl. Makes me wonder if you've been banged hard in your childhood which made you that fired up over this.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    oh come on. i was expecting some updates news, and i got this slinging match. Frank brings up some good points, but maybe they could be communicated better, but still that doesnt mean we have to get personal.

so, i wonder if anyone has any news.
    I have had a good look on the web for any news but the only news is 5 days old and speaks about learning from Sauber or Stefano saying how he wants the whole team to push. All rhetoric with no details unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    I have had a good look on the web for any news but the only news is 5 days old and speaks about learning from Sauber or Stefano saying how he wants the whole team to push. All rhetoric with no details unfortunately.
    yeah, and that Sauber news is probably false, and Stefano says that all the time. , is no news good news?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

i thought i'd post this article of what the updates for mugello test and spain gp might be....hope the major upgrade package really works

So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Well, its finally the week for China GP, so perhaps by Thursday we'll start seeing photo of Ferrari's new parts

Domenicali: “Four races to find out what the hierarchy is in 2012”

"The first configuration of the exhausts showed good potential, but it caused problems: the tyres overheated and the performance was unstable. Therefore we had to change, even if I certainly was not happy about it. We are still working on the original set up, but we will be unable to test it until the Mugello test at the beginning of May, because we believe it could give us a good performance advantage.”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formu...s-in-2012.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post

"The first configuration of the exhausts showed good potential, but it caused problems: the tyres overheated and the performance was unstable. Therefore we had to change, even if I certainly was not happy about it. We are still working on the original set up, but we will be unable to test it until the Mugello test at the beginning of May, because we believe it could give us a good performance advantage.”

Fingers crossed

Keep the original Exhaust Configuration and add a Heat Shield at the Rear Tire! I would follow that process in the short term.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post

Thanks, basically what we've been hearing for a few weeks now, let's hope this exhaust works. Otherwise i sense it will be a lot of wasted time.

Keep the original Exhaust Configuration and add a Heat Shield at the Rear Tire! I would follow that process in the short term.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    Just what are you talking about? Do you even consider your proposal legal? This ain't demolition Derby, this is F1. Read the rule book before making such a rash comment.

The new exhaust layout should give us what we looking for, as it will allow the flow to work quicker and getting to the floor, diffuser quicker and creating the DF we are wanting. The team is working round the clock to get this right.

Forza Ferrari
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post

below was originally posted by FrankAlfa

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Just what are you talking about? Do you even consider your proposal legal? This ain't demolition Derby, this is F1. Read the rule book before making such a rash comment.
    exactly what Jose-Lorca Fan said...do you even think b4 you open up your trap??? this is NO demo derby buddy, what you're used to watching with your buddies over a case of beer in the outskirts of your country side...this is FORMULA ONE....and nowhere in the rule book states that one can install/use heat shields over teh rear tires in order to protect them from burning up from exhaust gases...

you claim you're smart with all your fancy talk, but.....whatever i'm not even gonna say it...LMFAO
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Maybe this is what he meant?

Also not sure if this can be done within the current rules and regulations.
    Last edited by ManFromMilan; 15th July 2013 at 18:01.

All kidding aside i do actually hope for a miracle this weekend and a solution that will take us up the order.

Having to wait so long since Malaysia for another GP has been just to long for me, but hopefully long enough for the guys at the factory to find some pace. Inspired by Sauber or not.

Please keep this discussion civil people.... some of you new guys are getting a little testy, people are allowed to make comments here, if you don't like those comments or disagree with them, please keep your discussion related to the topics being discussed and do not make it personal please, this isn't high school, people here want to read about Ferrari related news and share their opinions with others without having to read through pages and pages of personal attacks....

Thanks
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Please keep this discussion civil people.... some of you new guys are getting a little testy, people are allowed to make comments here, if you don't like those comments or disagree with them, please keep your discussion related to the topics being discussed and do not make it personal please, this isn't high school, people here want to read about Ferrari related news and share their opinions with others without having to read through pages and pages of personal attacks....

Thanks

i think FrankAlfa meant heat shielding materials, like this.

mainly for China, i expect new bits to be added to the floor, rear wing and diffuser, aimed at further evolutionizing the exhaust we have right now. i mean, the general finish on the parts in Malaysia were not of Ferrari standard, so i guess they will further refine that, and improve what is a interim solution.

[QUOTE=Tony;720311]Please keep this discussion civil people.... some of you new guys are getting a little testy, people are allowed to make comments here, if you don't like those comments or disagree with them, please keep your discussion related to the topics being discussed and do not make it personal please, this isn't high school, people here want to read about Ferrari related news and share their opinions with others without having to read through pages and pages of personal attacks....

My thought exactly!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post

i think FrankAlfa meant heat shielding materials, like this.

mainly for China, i expect new bits to be added to the floor, rear wing and diffuser, aimed at further evolutionizing the exhaust we have right now. i mean, the general finish on the parts in Malaysia were not of Ferrari standard, so i guess they will further refine that, and improve what is a interim solution.
    hmm, from my understanding, the problem is the exhaust gas is going onto the tires which is causing it to overheat... not surprising as its really hard to control where the gas goes after it exit the acer duct.

Its going to be a very difficult challenge to get the exhaust gas exactly where it should go and not onto the tires, not into the brake ducts... I really hope Ferrari will find a solution, but I will be surprise if we can solve it.

Ferrari F2012 - EXHAUST INSPIRED TO SAUBER
    Ferrari to solve his problems back to the (lack of downforce) will take its cue from the Sauber C31 are training this season (Newey was inspired to make discharges of Red Bull RB8).
    Maranello development, to try to the gap that separates them from the best, is taking two paths:

Successful introduction of the F2012, in a short time, the Mercedes F-Duct to minimize aerodynamic drag and retrieve, with DRS enabled, a few km / h on the straights.
    Retrieve the load at the rear downforce by udo discharges that blow down between the rear wheels. Will be modified, the terminals that will be shortened and facing forward in order to exploit the entire length of the new sides for conveying the blowing towards the extractor profile.
    In April, the first test at Mugello, will be carried out an aero test at Vairano to test the viability of new technical solutions.

It seems also solved the problem of stiffness between the frame and front suspension pull rod. So there will be no change in suspension system and all entries, which indicate that in Ferrari return to the front push rod, are unfounded. Some engineers estimate, if indeed the problems are solved, a performance improvement of 0.4 s well. I do not want pronunciarmi and appearance to judge the runway!

0.4, so we still have a second to go... And why is it always spain, why not start introducing these peices little by little at the next few gp?

0.4s for where,China or Spain?If it is Spain that's not a very big update.I guess it will be 0.5 at least

After Vairano test.In Spain.0.4 s is quite resonable

I'll take 0.4...but look for the other teams to also have gained that much. They aint sitten around..

i personally don't think that 4 tenths after mugello test and into the spain GP will be enough to fight with the front runners....aka McCheaters...maybe some of you forgot that in pure pace we're like a second for more down our rivals...

but hey, anything is better then what our race car is doing and any bit of speed (even if it's not enough yet) is welcomed

4 tenths is alot of gain, you can't gain 1 second in such a short time if your not missing something fundamental on the car.

Hmm, after Ferrari categorically stating that they will NOT be following Saubers cue lol. I see no reason for Ferrari to lie, as f they eventually do introduce the Sauber exhaust, they will look like chumps. All these experts seem to be saying what should happen rather than what will.

@Hornet, yeah, you are right, but I think they can try some stuff to increas the flow velocity or density, like they did with that chamber they had last year. They say they are confident where the problems lie, so let's see.