Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chicane View Post
    My goodness sake, how come redbull can always do better, and ferrari don't, that adrian newey is really a genious
    i hope we can copy it cause it really working..the pace of vettel in qualy and race is similar to 2011 if we cant copy that for sure vettel can easily dominate again @hornet do you think this concept can be easily copied? is it too radical? or can be incorporated with ease with the f2012?

Well, Ferrari won Spain...

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Well, Ferrari won Spain...
    we only won spain because of other team's reliability issues; we cannot rely on those kind of scenarios at every race.
    we HAVE to improve our car to be at least on same pace of the FASTEST car our there right now, or even better make the F2012 even FASTER!!!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

You can hear the exhaust blowing here:

Redbull at 0:36 and 0:52 (seems louder than any other team)

Ferrari at 2:35
    Mark Webber: "If you push to try and pass you kill the tyres but if you wait, then you find you're on the same strategy and finish behind them anyway".

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    You can hear the exhaust blowing here:

Redbull at 0:36 and 0:52 (seems louder than any other team)

Ferrari at 2:35
    yeah, deffinetly the red bull sounds louder and much throatier when they downshift and enter the corner compared to ferrari and mclaren
    we for sure need to exploit this ourselves if we want to stay in touch with them
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by type056 View Post
    Thanks.
    So there is nothing special,they are just more efficient.
    Does Red Bull tunnel accelerate (suck) air as it seems tunnel outlet is much bigger than tunnel inlet (act like diffuser)?
    Can we add very tall vertical fins under exhaust plume to direct underneath sidepod air to rear to prevent air interference instead to direct exhaust gas by ramp.
    Do FIA prevent teams to use this type fins on floor?Red Bull add three vertical fins behind each side of diffuser in Valencia.
    I'm no expert about the rules to really know what they parts they can add on the floor

Since no one protest, I'm guessing Red Bull's fins are legal. Again, something interesting we don't see with other top teams car yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicane View Post
    My goodness sake, how come redbull can always do better, and ferrari don't, that adrian newey is really a genious
    i hope we can copy it cause it really working..the pace of vettel in qualy and race is similar to 2011 if we cant copy that for sure vettel can easily dominate again @hornet do you think this concept can be easily copied? is it too radical? or can be incorporated with ease with the f2012?
    Adrian Newey is regarded as one of the best designer in F1. He's a legend like Rory Bryne, but unfortunately Rory Bryne is no longer involve in Ferrari's F1 development.

I remember reading about Ferrari saying that they do not plan to change their radiator which means no changes to their sidepod design. IMO, if its really effective, we'll probably see teams copying RB with their next season's car. Its probably best not to try something radically different now and face many new problems and no testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Adrian Newey is regarded as one of the best designer in F1.

That is insulting. He is regarded as THE BEST designer in F1 and history.

I'm no expert about the rules to really know what they parts they can add on the floor

Since no one protest, I'm guessing Red Bull's fins are legal. Again, something interesting we don't see with other top teams car yet.

Adrian Newey is regarded as one of the best designer in F1. He's a legend like Rory Bryne, but unfortunately Rory Bryne is no longer involve in Ferrari's F1 development.

I remember reading about Ferrari saying that they do not plan to change their radiator which means no changes to their sidepod design. IMO, if its really effective, we'll probably see teams copying RB with their next season's car. Its probably best not to try something radically different now and face many new problems and no testing.
    that thing in Redbull is working and that's mean trouble if we can't do something about it.
    thanks for the insight

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

You forgot about Rory Byrne
    From Wikipedia:
    This outstanding record of success made Byrne the most successful Formula One designer of the last decade, narrowly eclipsing rival Adrian Newey, until the latter retook his lead with his successes in 2010 and 2011 with Red Bull.
    If he was still actively designing for Ferrari, I would bet that Ferrari would be kicking everyone's butt this season while Horner is busy protesting every bits of the F2012

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    we only won spain because of other team's reliability issues; we cannot rely on those kind of scenarios at every race.
    we HAVE to improve our car to be at least on same pace of the FASTEST car our there right now, or even better make the F2012 even FASTER!!!!
    Say what?

I am in no way convinced that Alonso would not have caught Vettel. We will never know, I guess.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I wouldn't be surprised if this new blown diffuser was only on Vettel's car. I remember last year when it was taken away temporarily, he suffered and Webber had a bit of a resurgence. Now we see him get pole, and Webber out of Q1. Yeah, I think he's got it. Webber can best him when neither of them have a blown diffuser.

You forgot about Rory Byrne
    From Wikipedia:
    -G
    No I didnt:)

He was good but relied on Michaels genius for success, while newey had success with literally every tom and harry who drove his rocketships. He is like a professor while the others are uni students.

Colin Chapman.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Brakefade View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if this new blown diffuser was only on Vettel's car. I remember last year when it was taken away temporarily, he suffered and Webber had a bit of a resurgence. Now we see him get pole, and Webber out of Q1. Yeah, I think he's got it. Webber can best him when neither of them have a blown diffuser.
    No, Webber had a problem in the quali: his DRS was not working. That is why he did not make it to even Q2. In the race Webber was very quick.

He was good but relied on Michaels genius for success, while newey had success with literally every tom and harry who drove his rocketships. He is like a professor while the others are uni students.
    Ok
    Forza Ferrari

Gary Anderson's Analysis on the Valencia Diffuser Update

via autosport

I don't normally give F1fanatic (ie Lewisfanatic) much attention but seen this link somewhere else.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/06/2...m-performance/
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I don't normally give F1fanatic (ie Lewisfanatic) much attention but seen this link somewhere else.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/06/2...m-performance/
    I think that our gap to best team has reduced but that was valid pre-Valencia.
    We have to wait and see if next week in Silverstone Redbulls' are as strong as Valencia. If yes then we are in trouble.

I dont think it was all Michael..Rubens did pretty well with the designs. N not all of Neweys car have been successful.
    Byrne created some very dominant cars.

Yeah, The MP4-18 says otherwise. While Byrne created dominating cars, the only thing Neweys cars dominated were their engines.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Lets not forget that Newey Designed some VERY POOR, FRAGILE race cars while at McLaren and was sent on "Gardening Leave" before he was let go.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Newey would be a student for lifetime.

Some rumours going round that McLaren want to copy the front pull rod of the F2012.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Some rumours going round that McLaren want to copy the front pull rod of the F2012.
    Wouldn't that require redesigning the whole chassis?

Quote Originally Posted by Brakefade View Post
    Wouldn't that require redesigning the whole chassis?
    Pull rod for McLaren is rumoured but for 2013 car not this one, so they can implement it if they want...

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    Pull rod for McLaren is rumoured but for 2013 car not this one, so they can implement it if they want...
    the good part of this is, that by next year we had already ran this suspension for one FULL year and have ironed the bugs out, while McCheaters will be teething with their brand new set up and hopefully be struggling to get up to speed to understand it...

To be honest, McLaren being McLaren will have a good idea of what Ferrari have done and "Copy" it quickly. I think information in F1 is always out there for the taking. If McLaren go the route Ferrari goes then there is some validation to the direction the F2012 was conceived with and that the path may very well be the correct one. Time will tell.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    I think information in F1 is always out there for the taking. Ciao.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Marc Gené:

Since yesterday taking part at #Goodwood Festival of Speed. I arrived after an intensive test at Idiada with the F2012...

I love Goodwood..wheres Idiada???