Page 8 of 161 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122335883108 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

[QUOTE=Silent Bob;697715]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari2183 View Post
    1. Rory has a more active role in the design of the 2012 car than led on by Ferrari

2. They have recovered more than 20% of the downforce lost due to the ban on the EBD.

3. The launch specification will be almost entirely new.

4. They have analysed the latest version of the front wing and they have a rough idea of what caused the fluttering.

5. The latest changes to the design of the 2012 car indicate an increase in performance of close to half a second. (This is linked to point 2)[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping this means that Byrne added .5 sec to the new car, which has already been stated to be better, quicker and more innovative than the 150. So maybe hoping for a grand total of 1 - 1.2 sec of speed found?
    Look, all this talk, it really doesnt mean anything, even winter testing, means nothing, the ONLY way we will ever know where ferrari stands is at Q3 in the 1st GP of the season. Last year all the talk was about how good ferrari looked in testing, blah blah, it was a bunch of nonsense.

We have to to wait at least until the new the car is shown and we can see the aero parts on it and specs, then wait more for the 1st GP.

Hope by innovative they design a car to attack the Fia tests, not just to be reasonably fast "by the book".

This year's car was totally conventional, went ok in testing I recall but now being panned as a dog.

I would like Ferrari to build the fastest car they can, then find a way to make it legal. Not design it within the rules from the outset.

Can't wait for Australia 2012, and really hope we don't see ourselves -1s again

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX132 View Post
    Hope by innovative they design a car to attack the Fia tests, not just to be reasonably fast "by the book".

This year's car was totally conventional, went ok in testing I recall but now being panned as a dog.

I would like Ferrari to build the fastest car they can, then find a way to make it legal. Not design it within the rules from the outset.
    The fastest car maybe the one who finds away to blow the diffuser even with the new FIA changes to the exhaust positioning.

What I am looking forward about next season is that the cars will be based more on aero skills and hopefully less trickery like this engine mapping nonsense. It was probably developed by some engine engineer at Renault's engine center in Paris with Newey taking most of the credit for it.

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Might not be 100% related to the thread but Flavio, come on man!
    I kind of get his comments/analysis at the beginning of the season but to say that now is just blablabla Mr Briatore seems to forget that RB is losing their main tools EDB/Engine mapping, so lets wait and see Mr hot pants and please mind your own business which is to roast your nuts on your yatch!

http://english.gazzetta.it/Motor_spo...26140017.shtml

God I wish Alonso got another manager

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    Might not be 100% related to the thread but Flavio, come on man!
    I kind of get his comments/analysis at the beginning of the season but to say that now is just blablabla Mr Briatore seems to forget that RB is losing their main tools EDB/Engine mapping, so lets wait and see Mr hot pants and please mind your own business which is to roast your nuts on your yatch!

God I wish Alonso got another manager
    But flavio has proven to be right, especially when he said our car was a write off from the get go and the fanboys on here ripped him for it.

For someone non technical he seems to have a nouse for spotting up and coming drivers and he doesnt accept subpar performances, he is also extremely ruthless, quite a few of the qualities Ferrari used to have before we became soft and started playing by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Skill View Post
    But flavio has proven to be right, especially when he said our car was a write off from the get go and the fanboys on here ripped him for it.
    Oh yea don't get me wrong I know the guy but my point is wait and see for the Australia GP before he writes Ferrari off again. His cockiness has proved him right but also wrong many times!

[QUOTE=Silent Bob;697715]
    1. Rory has a more active role in the design of the 2012 car than led on by Ferrari

2. They have recovered more than 20% of the downforce lost due to the ban on the EBD.

3. The launch specification will be almost entirely new.

4. They have analysed the latest version of the front wing and they have a rough idea of what caused the fluttering.

5. The latest changes to the design of the 2012 car indicate an increase in performance of close to half a second. (This is linked to point 2)[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping this means that Byrne added .5 sec to the new car, which has already been stated to be better, quicker and more innovative than the 150. So maybe hoping for a grand total of 1 - 1.2 sec of speed found?
    ufffff can't wait for february :)

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    Mr Briatore seems to forget that RB is losing their main tools EDB/Engine mapping, so lets wait and see Mr hot pants and please mind your own business which is to roast your nuts on your yatch!

Yeah, what Flavio says is silly.

In this video at 2.52 Newey says:

Quote Originally Posted by Newey
    We designed the car around it [the blown diffuser], we came up with that concept quite early on in RB7's research, sort of around the July/August time, and so the car was designed around that, and that meant things like quite a lot of rake - we could run a high rear ride height and so forth.
    An EBD ban will hurt Newey the most, so the only way Red Bull can only be as dominant as before is if they find another way to generate huge amounts of downforce. There is no guarantee that Newey will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Skill View Post

For someone non technical he seems to have a nouse for spotting up and coming drivers and he doesnt accept subpar performances, he is also extremely ruthless, quite a few of the qualities Ferrari used to have before we became soft and started playing by the rules.
    I've always felt that Flavio was on to something when he said its impossible for Ferrari to recover from the 2 seconds deficit we suffered at the beginning of the season, in part because he have the experience and his comment was based on the situation we all could see on the time sheets.

However, this time around, I don't think Flavio has anything to based on yet, given that next season hasn't begin and we haven't even see what RB and Ferrari can offer in terms of car design.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I've always felt that Flavio was on to something when he said its impossible for Ferrari to recover from the 2 seconds deficit we suffered at the beginning of the season, in part because he have the experience and his comment was based on the situation we all could see on the time sheets.

However, this time around, I don't think Flavio has anything to based on yet, given that next season hasn't begin and we haven't even see what RB and Ferrari can offer in terms of car design.
    fair comment, Im not saying i agree with everything he says, but he does talk sense at times, and get written off for doing so.

Something that made me smile and have hope .

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    @Byrne: No one knows nothing
    @RoryByrneSF: Discovered any interesting new area to develop on the car that will give us 1.5 seconds on the F2012, on top of what we've already got.
    3 hours ago via web

The future is RED

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    I like yours better

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I like yours better

The future is RED

Quote Originally Posted by number 13 View Post
    When was this taken?

When was this taken?
    Monza FP1 or FP2 I think.

Number 13 .. you couldn't have picked a more ironic username if your tried
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigalSon View Post
    Number 13 .. you couldn't have picked a more ironic username if your tried
    Any why is that ironic?My username is just my lucky number

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...lap-over-2012/

can anyone with an Autosport PLUS account summarise what has been said here? seems like an interesting article.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

oke i bought it, it says Adrian Newey was staring al long time too Ferrari's new front wing. Newey probably had a bit of a grin on his face about what Ferrari had been up to with its wing in India. they say Ferrari has tried, too copy the wing only the technology is very hard to master. ( cant i just copy cut the article ? or is that illegal.) this wil take al long time becuase i'm not English.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    oke i bought it, it says Adrian Newey was staring al long time too Ferrari's new front wing. Newey probably had a bit of a grin on his face about what Ferrari had been up to with its wing in India. they say Ferrari has tried, too copy the wing only the technology is very hard to master. ( cant i just copy cut the article ? or is that illegal.) this wil take al long time becuase i'm not English.
    Thats fair enough thanks .

Adrian should go back to the RedBull factory and concentrate on his own car, rather than giving pointers to the team that whups his next season.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

there is way more this was 10%

there is way more this was 10%
    could you PM the article please .

its fine if you cant, but i would love to read it.

Oke just read the Website Terms and Conditions and i may not copy/paste :(. So i have too typ it my own. wich me luck.

Becuase the testing times are les than before Ferrari can only test the new front wing in FP and in the race. Ferrari now have to understand why Massa's front wing was flappering so much. I think the writher is a Redbull fan and he says, the more days and weeks it spends focusing on getting its front wing as good as Red Bull's, that is time it is simply playing catch-up – by which point Red Bull will probably be further down the road with the next great thing. There is also something about the EBD, becuase Rebbull was so strong in that part thay already started to work on next year exhaust. I think Ferrari did the same, i have even a idea why Ferrari voted for the EBD to come back after Silvrstone. Maby they saw how much profit Redbull gain from the EBD and didnt wanted that Redbull started to work on a new type of exhaust, i hope Ferrari already did back than. Back to the article, Ros Brawn said. EBD cost a lot of feul so next year they wil run with a smaller fuel tank. if the team already made a design whit in mind the EBD would not be banned they wil find out that there fuel tank is to bing for next year. Team bosses Eric Boullier and Martin Whitmarsh where unhappy about the EBD ban and claiming the FIA's rule decision has already hurt their 2012 car designs. (Hope you understand what i'm saying)

Oke just read the Website Terms and Conditions and i may not copy/paste :(. So i have too typ it my own. wich me luck.

Becuase the testing times are les than before Ferrari can only test the new front wing in FP and in the race. Ferrari now have to understand why Massa's front wing was flappering so much. I think the writher is a Redbull fan and he says, the more days and weeks it spends focusing on getting its front wing as good as Red Bull's, that is time it is simply playing catch-up – by which point Red Bull will probably be further down the road with the next great thing. There is also something about the EBD, becuase Rebbull was so strong in that part thay already started to work on next year exhaust. I think Ferrari did the same, i have even a idea why Ferrari voted for the EBD to come back after Silvrstone. Maby they saw how much profit Redbull gain from the EBD and didnt wanted that Redbull started to work on a new type of exhaust, i hope Ferrari already did back than. Back to the article, Ros Brawn said. EBD cost a lot of feul so next year they wil run with a smaller fuel tank. if the team already made a design whit in mind the EBD would not be banned they wil find out that there fuel tank is to bing for next year. Team bosses Eric Boullier and Martin Whitmarsh where unhappy about the EBD ban and claiming the FIA's rule decision has already hurt their 2012 car designs. (Hope you understand what i'm saying)
    Thanks a lot for the summary vortex. That's great info.

The future is RED

, yep thank you.

also, found this, to counterract the writer's fears...

F1: Domenicali Ferrari explains the flexible wing

The Ferrari wants to clarify why thefront wing of Felipe Massa so flexible was during the Grand Prix India. The team principal of the prancing horse explains that the element mounted on the car of the Brazilian was identical to that of Fernando Alonso. However, the head of the management Maranello sports admits:"we noticed strange behavior on that wing under certain conditions. It is not always successful. But it was clear enough ".

FERRARI - F1 2012. Ferrari has anticipated a couple of months the normal programme of work on 2012-seater. This is giving good directions. Although the results on the track do not clearly demonstrate Sunday , Stefano sees it: "the program is yielding its fruits. Accumulate valuable data on everything we do in 2012 perspective, decisions are good. The problems this year will be less critical for the next test of February ". Ferrari 's goal is to continue with this approach also in Abu Dhabi and the Autódromo José Carlos pace in order to maximize opportunities to turn on the track remaining from here to the presentation of the new car.

FERRARI – FLEXIBLE WING. As to theflexible front wing view in the India Grand Prix. The head of the Italian team points out first that it is an absolutely regular element that surpassed the FIAtest: "everyone has seen the oscillations. For this reason, we did do a check to the Commissioners before the race to be sure everything was in order. Now we will analyze the data collected on this problem, "explained the Imola area.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/B...ile%2F32867%2F

Any why is that ironic?My username is just my lucky number
    Yeah but in general the number 13 is considered unlucky
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

It's considered lucky in Italy
    Forza Ferrari