Page 9 of 161 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223345984109 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    It's considered lucky in Italy
    Italian GP 2012 win confirmed?
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...lap-over-2012/

can anyone with an Autosport PLUS account summarise what has been said here? seems like an interesting article.
    http://bbs.hellof1.com/2874023.html

What is a " collector tank"?

Quote Originally Posted by mare View Post
    What is a " collector tank"?
    From that article, it sounds like something that will collect the exhaust gas after it exist the exhaust outlet, and then channel this gas to the diffuser.

The rules only say where the gas should exit, but it doesn't say you can't do anything with the gas after it exist the exhaust. So some people fear that they will make a "collector tank" to collect back that gas and channel it to the diffuser.

[QUOTE=Hornet;698193]From that article, it sounds like something that will collect the exhaust gas after it exist the exhaust outlet, and then channel this gas to the diffuser.

The rules only say where the gas should exit, but it doesn't say you can't do anything with the gas after it exist the exhaust. So some people fear that they will make a "collector tank" to collect back that gas and channel it to the diffuser.[/QUOT

yes but what will accelerate that gas out off the tank it needs speed to influence the aerodynamic i think

Ferrari have made gains in their bid to master the flexible front wing designs pioneered by Red Bull. (Autosport magazine)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/9630731.stm

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Sounds good, wil we see a updated wing for the next race? Or is the time to produce a wing like that to short.

i think probably too short, but then, maybe Ferrari could have made a leap ages aho, but Autosport only finding out now.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    Sounds good, wil we see a updated wing for the next race? Or is the time to produce a wing like that to short.
    It's possible to make a new front wing in two weeks.

[QUOTE=mare;698199]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    From that article, it sounds like something that will collect the exhaust gas after it exist the exhaust outlet, and then channel this gas to the diffuser.

The rules only say where the gas should exit, but it doesn't say you can't do anything with the gas after it exist the exhaust. So some people fear that they will make a "collector tank" to collect back that gas and channel it to the diffuser.[/QUOT

yes but what will accelerate that gas out off the tank it needs speed to influence the aerodynamic i think
    I recall MacLyin's ill-fated "Octopus" exhaust featured banned material which they explained away by leaving a small gap between the exhaust exit and the new section featuring the banned materiel. They explained that the add-on section was not part of the exhaust since it wasn't physically connected to it.

I'm guessing this same principal could be used to "harvest" exhaust gas exiting from a legally sited exit and then ducted back to the diffuser. Lots of plumbing, but technically possible. The losses from the small gap would be marginal, especially once the system had warmed up enough to expand and close it up, while the "cold" dimensions would allow it to still pass scrutineering.

[QUOTE=XXX132;698305]
    Quote Originally Posted by mare View Post

I recall MacLyin's ill-fated "Octopus" exhaust featured banned material which they explained away by leaving a small gap between the exhaust exit and the new section featuring the banned materiel. They explained that the add-on section was not part of the exhaust since it wasn't physically connected to it.

I'm guessing this same principal could be used to "harvest" exhaust gas exiting from a legally sited exit and then ducted back to the diffuser. Lots of plumbing, but technically possible. The losses from the small gap would be marginal, especially once the system had warmed up enough to expand and close it up, while the "cold" dimensions would allow it to still pass scrutineering.
    I found this very interesting, they really need to tie up this loophole, there is a good blog on scarbsf1 which explains the rule changes.

In it he says

Lastly the exhaust position is also controlled by ensuring no bodywork sits in the tail pipes wake. To measure this, an imaginary cone (diverging at 3 degrees) in line with the pipe, reaching as far back as the rear axle line must be drawn. This cone (drawn red in the illustrations) must not touch any bodywork, nor must bodywork be placed over the cone.
    There is an illustration also, so it seems the FIA may have tried to cover this kind of thing off already? The question is, can bodywork outside the vicinity of the ''cone'' collect the gases and then blow them onto the diffuser etc.

look at the wing . Flexi just like RB wing

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post

look at the wing . Flexi just like RB wing
    Flex baby flex

So easy to miss the breaking point at turn 15. Challenging circuit.

Montezemolo has seen the plans and the model for the tunnel of Ferrari in 2012, it seems that he was amazed by its 'unique' look
    Apparently Montezemolo saw the more 'radical' version of the car, with a stunning front end, 'amazing' pontoons and very compact rear.
    http://twitter.com/#!/joseluisf1

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    Jose, honestly, how much credence do you give to those tweets? geniuinley asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Skill View Post
    Jose, honestly, how much credence do you give to those tweets? geniuinley asking.
    I've got to say that I enjoy reading these tweets even though I know they can't be relied on. And even if they were true, things will change a lot from now anyway.

Sometimes you know a source has been reliable in the past, although I don't really know this source other than when Jose shares stuff from them with us

On the other hand, some sources spew utter garbage and can't get it right even after the event, ie pitpass.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=YFgUDm7_k0A
    how this is not forbidden guys?dont the regulations say teams are free to test with their young drivers for 3 times in a year?but only old version of car for example rb6,f60?i also noticed that sounds coming a little different as though they are not running EBD

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=YFgUDm7_k0A
    how this is not forbidden guys?dont the regulations say teams are free to test with their young drivers for 3 times in a year?but only old version of car for example rb6,f60?i also noticed that sounds coming a little different as though they are not running EBD
    Interesting the car also seems to be running the high rake.

Quote Originally Posted by NJB13 View Post
    Interesting the car also seems to be running the high rake.
    yes exactly.the car totally belongs to 2011 season.we do same tests with Perez and Bianchi with f60

that is running EBD and high rake. Its part of the design of the car. It is designed around that concept.

Dont really know how they have got around that, running an RB7
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    that is running EBD and high rake. Its part of the design of the car. It is designed around that concept.

Dont really know how they have got around that, running an RB7
    I wonder if they classified this as one of their allowed practice sessions? If so, using the RB7, I wonder if the RB7 is more a starting point for the RB9 because of the expected rule changes?

[QUOTE=Montezemolo has seen the plans and the model for the tunnel of Ferrari in 2012, it seems that he was amazed by its 'unique' look
    Apparently Montezemolo saw the more 'radical' version of the car, with a stunning front end, 'amazing' pontoons and very compact rear.[/QUOTE]

Sound like my kinda woman

what is a pontoon?

and RB would just be using one of their 'filming days' thise Pirellis were not the ones used in the races iirc, and they would have been very hard tyres. and, if you look at the most recent Ferrari racing news, Jules Bianchi also had a quick go in the F150.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_Fanatic View Post
    Sound like my kinda woman
    Definitely sounds sexy

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

what is a pontoon?
    Sidepod I think

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    Sidepod I think
    i wonder if they have tried something else, like McLaren with the sidepods?

i wonder if they have tried something else, like McLaren with the sidepods?
    ijuuuu . Mclaren's sidepods are really ugly

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    ijuuuu . Mclaren's sidepods are really ugly
    if they work, who cares about how it looks ?
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

I think they have gone for sidepods similar to those of the B195.