Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Where is that article from? Because that is the biggest amount of crap I have heard. It cannot be serious. If Alonso wasn't furious during last year and the F150, then why now? Another Ferrari hating idiot who deserves tone reminded every day if Alonso does take the title.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Where is that article from? Because that is the biggest amount of crap I have heard. It cannot be serious. If Alonso wasn't furious during last year and the F150, then why now? Another Ferrari hating idiot who deserves tone reminded every day if Alonso does take the title.
    If Alonso takes the title..thats what its all about for now..
    Ferrari now need to do what they do best and develop this car into a monster asap...

Hey guy,
    we'll it seems that all the other sites just hate Ferrari and are always on the lookout for Ferrari mayhem n disappointment..and their biggest disappointment seems to be Alonso leading the WDC in an inferior car..
    so its best not get frustrated by others comments..
    but its all up to Ferrari to shut up the critics at the next race..

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    The rear wing was meant for high downforce track..
    so i think it will show up again at korea or abu dhabi..
    I doubt it.....In Singapore it only served as a parachute.No increase in downforce and surely a lot of drag!!

It would be interesting to know why they thought it would work...

Because it did work in simulation and in tunnel obviously and we are again back to old correlation story...
    According to all-knowing joseluisf1 though, they've sorted the problem out and know what to do in order to correct it...

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/913306-...pionship-dream

Its from UK...hope its not true..as this guys hate Ferrari and Fernando...
    AKROCKS

Quote Originally Posted by anupa2k View Post
    http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/913306-...pionship-dream

Its from UK...hope its not true..as this guys hate Ferrari and Fernando...
    I think the title is misleading coz inside the article there is nothing mentioned about Alonso saying something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroblue View Post
    I think the title is misleading coz inside the article there is nothing mentioned about Alonso saying something like that.
    Yes agreed...the author might have written this article when he was asleep...
    AKROCKS

hey guys
    i want to know about remaining circuits that very much suite our car.

Quote Originally Posted by jgdswaran View Post
    hey guys
    i want to know about remaining circuits that very much suite our car.
    The remaining circuits might "suit" our car. Again,they might not. We were clobbered at one of the "Ferrari-friendly" tracks barely a week ago. And the same adjective is being used to describe Suzuka. Idk,but i hope the car improves in relation to the McLaren soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Well if Ham reads the news and finds out his girl friend is going out on him, he may not be in a good frame of mind for racing...know what I mean?

Wind tunnel problems, they are going to close it in December or January and go to other wind tunnel that frikin works

Everything here in Italian.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2m69vyc.png

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Wind tunnel problems, they are going to close it in December or January and go to other wind tunnel that frikin works

How many years has this wind tunnel been a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    How many years has this wind tunnel been a problem?
    And they said at the beggining of the year (heck even even last year during the season), that this problem was solved... yeah, sure.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I think it's stuck on 'suck' not 'blow'

If that article is indeed true, then we either have to build one that WORKS (i.e. same as, well better then Mclaren one…LOL), or use the one in Cologne (i.e the ex Toyota wind tunnel, that supposedly works OK).

I cannot believe that after all the talk back from Ferrari at the beginning of the year, even late last season that they fixed the tunnel issues, YET again we have this issues…

So all this time we’ve been given a bunch of bull coming from them…gggrrrrfgghghfhh
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I believe wind tunnel usage is limited in F1?

If so, can Ferrari test on other cars? Just to get the co-relation sorted out while we develop our F1 car with the Toyota wind tunnel. I feel its such a waste that we are using our F1 development program to fix the wind tunnel issue.

Hey guys,
    any news on what updates ferrari will have for Japan???

It might not be the wind tunnel that is the problem.
    Might be CFD and all the other crazy computer things.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post

Just abit from article, my Italian ok, getting better, but not great so do all of it so got good friend to help me...

“We have to improve the car – this is fundamental. Yesterday had 3 hour meeting at Maranello. We need assurances that what you try out in the factory we can confirm on the track.”

Talking about the Galleria Vento : wind tunnel.
    Question : Same old story of the wind tunnel that promises answers but then on a circuit like Singapore we take a step backwards.
    LCdM: Yes, this is so. But the real issues is that data does not reflect this and so causes more confusion. Domenicali came to the conclusion to close the wind tunnel and rely on the actual test. This requires time. I don’t know if it will happen in December or January. I have absolute faith in Domenicali.

Question: in the meantime Alonso is struggling
    LCdM: We will give him our all to get him the Championship. He deserves it. Alonso has stunned me for three reasons: he is tactical and in the race itself the strongest driver, we have never had this at Ferrari; he knows how to charge the team in delicate moments, he is often at maranello and helps develop in the simulator where we were very much behind.

. and he (Alonso) defends Massa: are you surprised?
    LCdM: it shows that there’s harmony in the team. And he is right on the fact that there are not many phenomenal drivers around. But first Fernando should win the Championship and then we will not partner him with anyone who annoys him. Obviously, the decision on drivers is ours, but we will share this with him. Massa has been very strong in the last two races and I have given myself another few days to reflect on what to do.

Question: The FIA wans half a million subscription fee from the teams in 2013. Where is this going to come from?
    LCdM: This annoys me and I don’t know

Question: Is it correct that in the future only 6 teams out of the 12 will make the rules and no one wants on-track testing?
    LCdM: I am not sure that it will end this way, As to the test, these are necessary and I will insist, not only to carry out promotional activities for the sponsors, but also to test new talent. The simulator is not enough.

Q: Briatore is becoming a TV god: will we see him back in F1. Have you ever thought of him for Ferrari?
    LCdM: I have never thought of him, but he would have great talent to manage the commercial and innovative aspect of F1. In that role he would indeed be a resource.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Are they not going to use a wind tunnel for the remaining of the season? There are a few scary comments from LdC if that article is true and accurately translated. Let's see what happens in Suzuka and Korea with the new parts for the F2012.

i think they knew about wind tunnel problem long time ago

Maybe Ferrari should move the operation to the UK, where the wind tunnels seem to be OK!

The question may be, if the Ferrari tunnel is not correct, why hasnt it
    corrected? You dont let a problem like this persist if you are the worlds most
    famous and recognizable race team...

It's not something you can "correct”, rather you just work on correlation on a continuous basis. The important part is to just outperform the other wind tunnels. Same applies for the CFD work.

Representing the real world in both is an ongoing science. The complexity is hard to wrap ones head around.

Seems to me Ferrari are improving in both over the past two years.

But again it’s not something you can just "fix".

Ferrari admit to wind tunnel problems
    http://www.patronisef1.com/.../5334-...wind-tunnel-pr...
    8 May 2011 – Ferrari technical director Aldo Costa has admitted that the Italian team are undertaking a full upgrade of their wind tunnel, after the team ...

Ferrari working to fix wind tunnel problem
    totalf1.com/.../Ferrari_working_to_fix_wind_tunnel_problem/
    Block all totalf1.com results
    1 day ago – A deeper analysis is that the 150 Italia is lagging aerodynamically due a problem with the calibration of Ferrari's wind tunnel. 'We have a.

Wind Tunnels Are Not Perfect | Symscape
    www.symscape.com › Blogs › Rich Smith's blog
    20 Jun 2011 – Anyway, as a counter to those who think wind tunnel testing is essentially flawless, consider the recent problems Ferrari have experienced with ...
    Ferrari plans wind tunnel upgrade - Yahoo! Eurosport

uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/.../ferrari-plans-wind... - United Kingdom
    7 May 2011 – Ferrari is planning a development upgrade of its wind tunnel later this summer in a bid to put to bed the correlation problems that have affected ...
    Ferrari seek answers for wind tunnel correlation problems | F1 News ...
    http://www.itv.com/.../ferrari-seek-...nnel-correlati...

19 Oct 2011 – Ferrari team chief Stefano Domenicali says the Italian team may need to change their scheduled development programme on the F150° Italia if ...

F1: Ferrari Working To Fix Wind Tunnel Problem
    formula-one.speedtv.com/.../f1-ferrari-working-to-fix-wind-tu...

19 Apr 2011 – The Ferrari team is without a podium finish in three races this season...

Ferrari managers fly home for emergency meeting - James Allen on F1www.jamesallenonf1.com/.../ferrari-managers-fly-home-for-e...
    13 Apr 2011 – So, James, if I read that correctly – you think that Ferrari's issues are merely down to wind tunnel upgrade they have performed prior to 2011 ...

Ferrari working to fix wind tunnel problem - Autoblog UK
    uk.autoblog.com/.../ferrari-working-to-fix-wi... - United Kingdom

20 Apr 2011 – Ferrari is working to fix a problem with its Maranello wind tunnel that has thwarted development of the 2011 car.President Luca di ...

The Ferrari Wind Tunnel
    www.thescuderia.net/windtunnel.shtml

Inside the Ferrari wind tunnel the air-flow is produced by a 5 m diameter fan, this ... the wind speed, is installed to minimise the boundary layer problem under the ...

F1 Reader - Ferrari working to fix wind tunnel problem
    http://www.f1reader.com/.../ferrari-...ind-tunnel-pro...

Ferrari is working to fix a problem with its Maranello wind tunnel that has thwarted development of the 2011 car.
    Ad related to ferrari wind tunnel problems

Wind Tunnel Testing
    www.windtech.com.au/

Ferrari admit to wind tunnel problems

http://www.patronisef1.com/.../5334-...wind-tunnel-pr...

8 May 2011 – Ferrari technical director Aldo Costa has admitted that the Italian team are undertaking a full upgrade of their wind tunnel, after the team ...

Ferrari working to fix wind tunnel problem
    totalf1.com/.../Ferrari_working_to_fix_wind_tunnel_problem/

Block all totalf1.com results

1 day ago – A deeper analysis is that the 150 Italia is lagging aerodynamically due a problem with the calibration of Ferrari's wind tunnel. 'We have a.

Wind Tunnels Are Not Perfect | Symscape

www.symscape.com › Blogs › Rich Smith's blog

20 Jun 2011 – Anyway, as a counter to those who think wind tunnel testing is essentially flawless, consider the recent problems Ferrari have experienced with ...

Ferrari plans wind tunnel upgrade - Yahoo! Eurosport
    uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/.../ferrari-plans-wind... - United Kingdom

7 May 2011 – Ferrari is planning a development upgrade of its wind tunnel later this summer in a bid to put to bed the correlation problems that have affected ...

Ferrari seek answers for wind tunnel correlation problems | F1 News ...
    http://www.itv.com/.../ferrari-seek-...nnel-correlati...

19 Oct 2011 – Ferrari team chief Stefano Domenicali says the Italian team may need to change their scheduled development programme on the F150° Italia if ...

F1: Ferrari Working To Fix Wind Tunnel Problem
    formula-one.speedtv.com/.../f1-ferrari-working-to-fix-wind-tu...

19 Apr 2011 – The Ferrari team is without a podium finish in three races this season...

Ferrari managers fly home for emergency meeting - James Allen

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/.../fe...fly-home-for-e...

13 Apr 2011 – So, James, if I read that correctly – you think that Ferrari's issues are merely down to wind tunnel upgrade they have performed prior to 2011 ...

Ferrari working to fix wind tunnel problem - Autoblog UK

uk.autoblog.com/.../ferrari-working-to-fix-wi... - United Kingdom

20 Apr 2011 – Ferrari is working to fix a problem with its Maranello wind tunnel that has thwarted development of the 2011 car.President Luca di ...

The Ferrari Wind Tunnel
    www.thescuderia.net/windtunnel.shtml

Inside the Ferrari wind tunnel the air-flow is produced by a 5 m diameter fan, this ... the wind speed, is installed to minimise the boundary layer problem under the ...

F1 Reader - Ferrari working to fix wind tunnel problem

http://www.f1reader.com/.../ferrari-...ind-tunnel-pro.

Ferrari is working to fix a problem with its Maranello wind tunnel that has thwarted development of the 2011 car.

Ad related to ferrari wind tunnel problems

Wind Tunnel Testing

www.windtech.com.au/

This wind tunnel has been a flop from day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    And they said at the beggining of the year (heck even even last year during the season), that this problem was solved... yeah, sure.
    It seams that they don't have ******G clue how to fix it!

Maybe we should whisper in Todt's ear and level the playing field by getting the FIA to Ban Wind tunnel testing.

After all they Want to cut costs

They are not shy about banning innovation even if its good for racing
    Its all in the name - FERRARI

To be fair, that would hurt us aswell, as our CFD is not as great as RBRs or Mclarens at the moment. That is the main area Pat and the team is trying to get sorted as fast as possible. Because we were couple years behind RBR and Mclaren in simulation and CFD software.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE