Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, it will play good into our hands...BUT, we have to beat vettel still no matter what....
    we HAVE to finish ahead of him all the time and extent our points lead...
    This weekend if Fernando cannot win I would rather anyone but Vettel; Hamilton looks the most likely. In that case Vettel can still finish one position ahead of Alonso and the latter would still be leading the championship after the GP weekend. That is ok with me because Ferrari are expected to bring "significant" updates to India and they seem pretty confident the updates will work. From India and beyond, Ferrari's destiny will be in their own hands. They'll have to rely on themselves to bring as many points home as possible because I don't think we'll see many more upgrades beyond India.
    Last edited by Jose-Lorca Fan; 11th October 2012 at 11:48.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

DELETE PLEASE

Ferrari's new front wing?

only the front cascades are changed and also main plane is bigger.

and vertical black one where is Abu Dhabi logo is new too

Looks like the front "Abu Dhabi" pilons have changed. The seem to have been shaped.

Its the same.Its the tyre in the background!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    Its the same.Its the tyre in the background!!
    DOH! my bad.

Korean GP: Thursday's press conference

Q. Fernando, how badly do you need a good result this weekend?

Fernando ALONSO: Well, I think we all need some good points this weekend but it's the same situation for everybody, if not worse, so that's it.

Q. And with five races how much are Ferrari pushing as well.

FA: I think we have been pushing from the first test in the winter, so nothing has changed in the last five races. We just need to keep doing the things we've been doing so far. I think it has nearly been a perfect championship for us at the moment, with good strategies, good starts, good approach to the races. Everything we had in our hands on Sunday we maximised the points. We had one zero in Spa and one zero in Suzuka but things completely outside of our team, so apart from that we don't need to change too many things.

Fernando, what is Ferrari bringing here as updates, and do you feel confident that you're going to have the speed to fight with Red Bull?

FA: Not many updates, obviously it has been only four days from Suzuka to here so we will try to set up the car as best we can for this race, this layout. But, I remain reasonably confident that we will be competitive. We've been more or less competitive in the last eight, ten races – maybe not the fastest but always in position to fight for podiums etcetera. I think here will be no different.

Q. Fernando, do you believe that Kimi Räikkönen must apologise with you, like Romain with Mark Webber?

FA: No, I think in the start in Suzuka it was very tight in between all of us, that's the problem of starting in the middle of the group: I had Jenson on the right, Kimi on the left and you cannot disappear in those moments. It was an unlucky situation with the front wing of Kimi and my rear tyre. After the puncture I could not start the car on the corner – so it was a mix of things that were not in our part – but y'know, in the last seven, six races, when we were in Suzuka, now five races, one or two have gone wrong, and one or two will go wrong for the others.

Q. (Paolo Ianieri - La Gazzetta dello Sport) Fernando, with only four points advantage, obviously your strategy has to change in the last few races. Are you going to attack more?

FA: I think we've been attacking in all the races. We were fighting in all the races the maximum we can, approaching the races to maximise the points we have available. Sometimes we were on the podium, sometimes we were fourth, sometimes we were fifth and this will not change now. I don't we can over-drive or over-do what is available for us. As I said, now we have lost many points, in the last four races let's say, because at Spa we had a DNF which we had nothing to do with. In Monza we had a Q3 problem and started in tenth, and in Suzuka we had a puncture at the start, in the first corner. All these last four races, in which we lost a lot points, I think are just some unlucky situations. Things normally change, they go up and down. Hopefully our bad run will finish and we will start a run of good runs until the end.

get the right set up hope the small upgrades work qualify with alonso in top 4 massa top 6 and let the race pace get us in there

I pray they have some qualifying pace to keep it honest this weekend.

would DDRS class at a minor upgrade?? like the Redbulbs rear wing???

Ted Kravitz just mentioned that Ferrari have a black line/inlet on the rear wing of Fernando Alonso's car...then saying they are probably tilting/changing angles of the louvres...DRDS/DDRS?
    New rear wing:

Last edited by Hombre B; 12th October 2012 at 04:31.

Today was a good day in terms of upgrades.thank you Toyota
    Bodes well for India.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Ferrari's Big Upgrade for India may suffer a blow because of this::

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103347

It should be fine i mean there's 2 weeks till the next GP the updates could be sent by next week and still arrive and couldn't Ferrari pay extra for fast track deal??

The black area and holes are where the wing can be adjusted for less downfroce, not DDRS

The Ferrari is taking care of the smallest details of the aerodynamic F2012 : in Yeongam has changed the air intake of the front brakes. Compared with the version already seen in Suzuka this morning there has been the addition of a small fin at the top. The profile composite material joins perfectly with the arms of the suspension and is useful to transform also the levers into useful aerodynamic elements and not only essential kinematics of the suspension of the Red Army.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    Ferrari's Big Upgrade for India may suffer a blow because of this::

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103347
    Thats not helpful for F1 racing in India. I think their government should be doing all it can to clear problems like this if it seriously wants F1 to be there.

It has become a primary element of the sport now, we like to see who is doing what to their cars, its all part of the fun.

Its not much consolation at this stage of the season that all teams will suffer in the same way because of this.
    Its all in the name - FERRARI

Agree totally Ken, they shouldnt do that. Looks bad on them.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

They are still to accept F1 as a sport. Sadly, our government is willing to go any distance as far as cricket is concerned, but other sports are given unfair treatment. Shame really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    They are still to accept F1 as a sport. Sadly, our government is willing to go any distance as far as cricket is concerned, but other sports are given unfair treatment. Shame really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still can't get past the super eights, even with the worlds biggest T20 league mwahahaha!

On topic, I can kind of understand why they are so stringent. For the cricket teams for example it is fairly clear that they are sports gear. With all the gizmos and gadgets F1 teams bring... And it hasn't been too soon since those awful attacks in Mumbai.

But in this case, there really shouldn't be a race if the country isn't fully ready, but we can't blame India for it, but Bernie.

I think though, that the big teams like Ferrari and RedBull can find some way to get the parts there quickly, or bring out the lawyers.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Thats not helpful for F1 racing in India. I think their government should be doing all it can to clear problems like this if it seriously wants F1 to be there.

It has become a primary element of the sport now, we like to see who is doing what to their cars, its all part of the fun.

Its not much consolation at this stage of the season that all teams will suffer in the same way because of this.
    What reason is there for the Indian Customs agency to hold up F1 car parts? Drugs? Allergic reaction to carbon fiber? F1 teams should have all their car parts by-passed. This is ridiculous on the Indians' part.

Here is flowviz of the modified front brakeduct:

Maybe hand carry in the parts. Horner checked in a front wing I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Brakefade View Post
    What reason is there for the Indian Customs agency to hold up F1 car parts? Drugs? Allergic reaction to carbon fiber? F1 teams should have all their car parts by-passed. This is ridiculous on the Indians' part.
    I suppose its a tradition there possibly, like children refusing to eat cold dinners because they arrive 20 minutes after it was served up. or like on a date when you want to impress the new girlfriend and it takes an hour for meal to arrive after you ordered it.
    Its all in the name - FERRARI

I expect to see some updates coming, right from the next race in India.

What edge does the Red Bull have? A quicker car, but we have the better team.”
    http://www.ferrari.com/english/formu...do-alonso.aspx

I suppose its a tradition there possibly, like children refusing to eat cold dinners because they arrive 20 minutes after it was served up. or like on a date when you want to impress the new girlfriend and it takes an hour for meal to arrive after you ordered it.
    Its actually because the Customs offices in the subcontinent are usually rife with corruption. Corruption adds to bureaucracy as everyone wants their share from the top to the bottom. And usually the government offices work really slow anyway. Customs is one area where F1 has to deal with them against the clock, so you feel it more there than any where else.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Still can't get past the super eights, even with the worlds biggest T20 league mwahahaha!

On topic, I can kind of understand why they are so stringent. For the cricket teams for example it is fairly clear that they are sports gear. With all the gizmos and gadgets F1 teams bring... And it hasn't been too soon since those awful attacks in Mumbai.

But in this case, there really shouldn't be a race if the country isn't fully ready, but we can't blame India for it, but Bernie.

I think though, that the big teams like Ferrari and RedBull can find some way to get the parts there quickly, or bring out the lawyers.
    The bureaucratic manner of working of the customs department,and those of other government departments as well,is a big headache. There were several problems pertaining to passports as well last year. Things need to change urgently for F1 to be a success here...