Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    That's what he did say after the race though. So I guess that's you agreeing then

And that when he pushed he pulled away from Felipe despite his new parts apparently.
    Naah, I'm not agreeing to anything, unless Fernando told you that personally after the race.
    In front of the media F1 drivers say all kinds of things which aren't always necessarily true.

Alonso pulled away from Felipe, because Rob told Felipe to maintain the gap to Fernando. Otherwise, Felipe could've overtaken Fernando if he would've wanted to. Simple as that.

LOL so Alonso is a liar, would have been easy to say Felipe had updates that he never no?
    Forza Ferrari

That's what he did say after the race though. So I guess that's you agreeing then

And that when he pushed he pulled away from Felipe despite his new parts apparently. If you actually think we have improved the car by over 1 second without a single visual change then I will have some of what you are drinking
    Not one second, geez. Taking into account of Alonso's drop in performance because of his tyres being in worse condition than Felipe's, then I'd say the performance gain by a possible new part on Felipe's car was around half a second. Felipe was faster than Alonso on one lap 1,4 seconds and around 0,7 - 0,9 seconds of that difference was thanks to Alonso's degrading tyres and the rest of it thanks to the new part. A 0,5 second gain because of some new part on Felipe's car doesn't seem so crazy to me. But I guess you know better...

LOL so Alonso is a liar, would have been easy to say Felipe had updates that he never no?
    Stop twisting my words into something I didn't say! Don't you know that F1 drivers sometimes tell something in order to cover up something they don't want other teams and drivers to know about. It's called telling a white lie. Or are you really that gullible and think that everything they say is always pure truth?

What is the matter with you? Are you trying to start something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    But I guess you know better...
    LOL you are the one telling us we have gained half a second now on unseen parts, but I am the one that knows better?
    Forza Ferrari

Stop twisting my words into something I didn't say! Don't you know that F1 drivers sometimes tell something in order to cover up something they don't want other teams and drivers to know about. It's called telling a white lie. Or are you really that gullible and think that everything they say is always pure truth?

What is the matter with you? Are you trying to start something here?
    So Alonso was not telling the truth because it does not suit your point? So therefore he is a liar=not telling truth.

When he was asked about Felipe catching him he could easily say Felipe had an advantage due to new parts. If these new parts are so invisible then nobody would ever know right.......
    Forza Ferrari

LOL you are the one telling us we have gained half a second now on unseen parts, but I am the one that knows better?
    Geesuz christ! I'm not telling anyone A-N-YTHING! I'm merely speculating here. You know what this is about? It's about you not being able to accept that someone could have a different opinion than you. Is this really how you run things in your forum? I thought we can have our own opinions and not just Greig's opinion, or what?

Geesuz christ! I'm not telling anyone A-N-YTHING! I'm merely speculating here. You know what this is about? It's about you not being able to accept that someone could have a different opinion than you. Is this really how you run things in your forum? I thought we can have our own opinions and not just Greig's opinion, or what?
    And I have a different opinion which you don't seem to want to accept either, so we have invisible updates that only work at a certain point in the race.

I am not sure what your little rant about running the forum is all about, as it has nothing to do with me having my opinion. And just makes it seem like you have some sort of problem.

And there is no need for blasphemy here either
    Forza Ferrari

Am I in the right room for an argument ????
    Its all in the name - FERRARI

Greig will argue you to the death so you may as well stop. And actually I agree with Greig this time.
    Forza Ferrari!!

And I have a different opinion which you don't seem to want to accept either, so we have invisible updates that only work at a certain point in the race.

I am not sure what your little rant about running the forum is all about, as it has nothing to do with me having my opinion. And just makes it seem like you have some sort of problem.

And there is no need for blasphemy here either
    You're the one with the problem here. I would've dropped this conversation a long time ago, if you hadn't accused me of committing 10 different sins.

And what blasphemy? Not agreeing with your opinion is blasphemy? I really didn't know that.

You're the one with the problem here. I would've dropped this conversation a long time ago, if you hadn't accused me of committing 10 different sins.

And what blasphemy? Not agreeing with your opinion is blasphemy? I really didn't know that.
    I have no problem, never accused you of anything either, you are the one accusing Alonso of telling fibs about invisible upgrades, and Pat Fry as well I guess since he said they had 4 small updates in Korea, or maybe nobody has told him since they are invisible sneaky design team

Taking the lords name in vain is blasphemy, and we don't do religion here either
    Forza Ferrari

Uh Oh I see a Banning coming

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Uh Oh I see a Banning coming
    Doubt it why would there be?

But if some want to say Felipe is only faster than Alonso cause he has invisible updates then I think that should be challenged. Otherwise next time Felipe is behind then we can say Alonso had secret invisible updates right.....

It's not been that often Felipe has beat Alonso on laptimes, so to try and belittle him just seems strange to me.
    Forza Ferrari

I have no problem, never accused you of anything either, you are the one accusing Alonso of telling fibs about invisible upgrades, and Pat Fry as well I guess since he said they had 4 small updates in Korea, or maybe nobody has told him since they are invisible sneaky design team

Taking the lords name in vain is blasphemy, and we don't do religion here either
    Bhoy, you're one tough nut to crack Must be that Scottish resilience.

Look mate, the last thing I wanna do is to have some silly comment war with a fellow Tifoso. And over what? Over some updates
    Maybe there were new parts and maybe there weren't. I don't know if there were any and you don't know if there weren't. I say, enough jabbing each other and let's just shake hands and be friends again. Deal?

Macca fans would be having a good laugh if they saw two Ferrari fans fighting with each other. So let's not give them that satisfaction.

Doubt it why would there be?

But if some want to say Felipe is only faster than Alonso cause he has invisible updates then I think that should be challenged. Otherwise next time Felipe is behind then we can say Alonso had secret invisible updates right.....

It's not been that often Felipe has beat Alonso on laptimes, so to try and belittle him just seems strange to me.
    It is every members rite to debate an issue and I will defend to the death their rite to do so as long they are not arguing with me

But I do feel sometimes the debates are allowed to get a little ? overheated ?

Meanwhile back to the topic: On the BBC coverage we did hear clearly a message from Rob to Felipe to back off and leave a gap of 2 1/2 seconds to Fernando, Massa was on good form which was good see, I doubt there was the 1.5 sec difference in lap times, for the following reasons.

1/ Massa was pushing to catch the front runners which was good so that if one of the Redbulls reached the cliff with their tyres, Felipe would have been able to make a place.

2/ Fernando on the other hand was in 3rd and had gone for the safe strategy of maintaining a pace kind to his car and tyres to ensure he finished 3rd. Probably in the latter laps he for his own pleasure picked up the pace a bit.

So comparing the lap times between the 2 and if some one wished to compare best and worst yes 1.5 secs was there but not at the time when both drivers were pushing simultaneously. And therefore no proof of any significant differences between the 2 cars.

Just my 2p's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ....and if that was the case (Massa's car being faster due to whatever uptades), then how come we didn't qualified better then 4th and 6th??? if massa was faster then he should have qualified better then not only Nando, but the bulls too..

i too think that Nando was in either fuel saving mode or just protecting and nursing the tires

all in all i hope we have LARGE updates for india, they ALL work and puts us in contention for POLE position and whip some red bull behind.
    You seem to be right..the diff in quali bet Alonso and Massa was 0.4sec so if Massa was 1sec faster than Alonso he should have had pole
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...

Hey guys its better if we stop quarelling,come FP1 in India all our questions will be answered...So lets forget what cannot be changed and see what Ferrari have in store for India.
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...

Why did these new parts not make him 1 second quicker than Alonso in qual?
    Maybe because the upgrades are aimed to race performance, not qualy. Also qualy has been a problem for Felipe for a long time, even when the car was good. Big "if" of course, at least till the team confirm the info.

Massa is a good qualifier, so it seems odd he ended up 6th (two spots behind Alonso) after qualy if the exhaust made so much difference.

I'm guessing he just had a better set of tires on the last stint.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

There were signs that Felipe was faster in Japan already. The secret is in the way they set up the car in my opinion. It looks like Felipe and his engineers finally have found the right path. Fingers crossed.

To Grieg and Tifoso 84 I love your passion.

Personally I think there is too much speculations and hype about alleged forthcoming big update for India. I'm just saying keep it cool and wait for India FP1. This because I don't want to be disappointed after next Friday.

Folks, we're on page 130. If those pages have taught us anything, it's that the ONLY truly reliable source of info throughout the season has been Ferrari. They've been honest and factual throughout. The only other sources who have been correct have been journalists who got a quote from Ferrari before Ferrari made their own announcement/confirmation of updates. Not a single rumour, mole, whispering bird or [insert your favourite talking animal here] has been correct. The evidence is in the thread. Go back and read it.

And Ferrari can't do a single thing at the circuit without people knowing about it. It's the most photographed car on the grid. Felipe did not run with new exhausts or suspension in Korea. Period. Felipe and his side of the pit garage did an excellent job. Congratulate them for it like a true Ferrari fan.

I may as well say what most people seem not to want to. Most 'rumours' actually start with some of you. You imagine something in your head that could almost be plausible, and then type it on the forum. What's the purpose? So that another forum member you've never met gives you a good old ego massage because they think you know a Ferrari insider? It's pathetic. Step away from the keyboard and take a look at yourself. It's rediculous. And some of you are so gullible. The same people week in week out 'if these rumours are true, then I'm so excited'. Do you learn nothing? Again and again you're taken in by it, and again and again your disappointed that these miraculous updates don't appear. What's worse, most of you seem like clever people too. I don't understand how you get suckered in.

Buried away in this thread is the real life development of our car, and it's been far more interesting than you give credit for. Our team have worked their socks off to give us a chance, and the story behind them and our successes and failures is being lost in a tide of lies and makebelieve. They don't deserve that, they deserve celebrating and supporting for their efforts, and the fans don't deserve being deceived.

In summary, please, back up and give the true Ferrari fans a chance to read factual information about their team. It's getting more than frustrating. Ferrari will show us what updates we have when we have them. Then we'll see how the updates perform. That's how it goes.

Well, Autosprint used to be a highly regarded source with good info on Ferrari, but then they said Ferrari would copy a Sauber solution and have it on the car in Spain.
    That didn't happen so credibility has gone down. Still, rumours is better than no news.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Still, rumours is better than no news.
    Oh my goodness. How? No news IS THE NEWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    Oh my goodness. How? No news IS THE NEWS.
    Well. For me anyways. If I didn't hear rumours about updates, I might think there won't be much coming 'where there's smoke there's fire' and I would lose it.

I'm a little more relaxed now.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Folks, we're on page 130. If those pages have taught us anything, it's that the ONLY truly reliable source of info throughout the season has been Ferrari. They've been honest and factual throughout. The only other sources who have been correct have been journalists who got a quote from Ferrari before Ferrari made their own announcement/confirmation of updates. Not a single rumour, mole, whispering bird or [insert your favourite talking animal here] has been correct. The evidence is in the thread. Go back and read it.

And Ferrari can't do a single thing at the circuit without people knowing about it. It's the most photographed car on the grid. Felipe did not run with new exhausts or suspension in Korea. Period. Felipe and his side of the pit garage did an excellent job. Congratulate them for it like a true Ferrari fan.

I may as well say what most people seem not to want to. Most 'rumours' actually start with some of you. You imagine something in your head that could almost be plausible, and then type it on the forum. What's the purpose? So that another forum member you've never met gives you a good old ego massage because they think you know a Ferrari insider? It's pathetic. Step away from the keyboard and take a look at yourself. It's rediculous. And some of you are so gullible. The same people week in week out 'if these rumours are true, then I'm so excited'. Do you learn nothing? Again and again you're taken in by it, and again and again your disappointed that these miraculous updates don't appear. What's worse, most of you seem like clever people too. I don't understand how you get suckered in.

Buried away in this thread is the real life development of our car, and it's been far more interesting than you give credit for. Our team have worked their socks off to give us a chance, and the story behind them and our successes and failures is being lost in a tide of lies and makebelieve. They don't deserve that, they deserve celebrating and supporting for their efforts, and the fans don't deserve being deceived.

In summary, please, back up and give the true Ferrari fans a chance to read factual information about their team. It's getting more than frustrating. Ferrari will show us what updates we have when we have them. Then we'll see how the updates perform. That's how it goes.
    Well said

Totally agree Rosso, and anyway, if Ferrari were going to introduce updates, does anyone think that employees or management are going to say one word about it to anyone at all?? We the fans, like the Press are always looking for just a sliver of info that can be transformed into rumoured 0.5 to 1 second updates, then wonder why we're all so dissappointed as we only managed 3rd or whatever....

Truth probably is, and here's the interesting part, can Ferrari fight back now? And if so, does this now compromise next seasons car? Lets take a breath everyone, wait and see. Believe me, I get just as disappointed as everyone else, but then you have to realise F1 is more than just a sport, there's politics, secrets, more than we know goes on if F1. Read some books folks, especially the thoughts of former drivers and bosses, they will tell you what its really like in F1. These guys are in their own world, its a world we'd all love to be informed about, even participate in, but only the lucky few get to see whats its all about.

We will see when they introduce an update, how the car performs.................if they do at all. They know their own strategy, they're not going to broadcast it to any of us are they, until maybe after the fact. Thats how it goes folks.

Or Alonso was fuel and tyre saving at that point knowing fine well that Massa would not be overtaking him. If new parts made Felipe's car over 1 second faster than Alonso's then that is pretty special by Ferrari, we should lap the field in India.
    just the best thing that could happen...wish Ferrari lap the field...(having exams now..but m just waiting for next weekend and dreaming of Ferrari dominating in INDIA... wat a dream it would be to come true!!!)
    and btw any announcements from Ferrari about any upgrades officially?