Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    I don't why i just noticed it now.

Does anyone have any concrete information on the Byrne floor that was supposed to be introduced at the start of the season but was never raced because the exhaust wasn't working as initially intended?
    i personally think the Byrne floor was just something that someone (won't mention names now) invented/dreamed about; and it had never existed OR maybe it has been raced all along since the beginning of the year, but since the exhaust has never worked 100% as it should have been YET, we haven't seen it's (floor) full potential yet.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

There have been a few modifications to the floor since the launch spec. Maybe Rory worked on them, maybe he didn't. It's just encouraging to see so much momentum at Ferrari again, whoever's got their name on the designs. Fingers crossed they all keep producing the results expected. Very impressed with our previous updates which have made very good progress.

That floor was invented by Jose luis.
    Havent heard anything from him for a long time and none of his predictions came true...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertsLV View Post
    That floor was invented by Jose luis.
    Havent heard anything from him for a long time and none of his predictions came true...
    that's what his name was Jose Luis...he was the one that came up with these Rumors and that it would bring something like 4-5 tenths of a second, made of special materials, blah, blah, blah...and we all know by now that it was all made up by this guy; otherwise it would have been all over the news of waht remarkable invention Byrne brought to Ferrari...

just how Newey gets into spot light when he gets something good working for Red Fools...aka blown difusser/off throttle stuff

Hope the scenarios for rain not to come true so we can evaluate our updates...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that's what his name was Jose Luis...he was the one that came up with these Rumors and that it would bring something like 4-5 tenths of a second, made of special materials, blah, blah, blah...and we all know by now that it was all made up by this guy; otherwise it would have been all over the news of waht remarkable invention Byrne brought to Ferrari...

just how Newey gets into spot light when he gets something good working for Red Fools...aka blown difusser/off throttle stuff
    I'd like to see the quote where he says 4-5 tenths. As for the floor and special materials, etc kind of interesting Scarbs noticed one floor Ferrari were using in pre-season in which he said was different to the floors other cars used. He said it clearly wasn't made of all carbon fiber and was shinier & thinner than the other teams floors. Whether the "Byrne Floor" existed or not, who knows but you post and discount things that credible people in F1 have already acknowledged. Speaks for itself doesn't it..

Changed the color of the silver turning vane on the floor for today

Ferrari's slotted floor

Great shots.Thanks.
    Lots of little changes to the car.Ferrari will get there!!

New Williams style brake ducts

Ferrari's development rate so far this year is 2nd to none!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    New Williams style brake ducts

Ferrari's development rate so far this year is 2nd to none!!
    I have been saying that for 2-3 years. McLaren development is overrated, and living off 2009. Even then, Ferrari caught up to Brawn earlier, but stopped development, and McLaren's development normally comes 'good' when their competitors stop theirs.
    Ferrari in 2010, last year up until Silverstone and now show that theirs is fantastic, and also RedBull, but starting the at Ferrari have these last couple of years helps.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Wonder when someone will copy something we have done right to begin with instead of us catching up by copying

Sure it's great we are improving but really we should be leaders not followers.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Wonder when someone will copy something we have done right to begin with instead of us catching up by copying

Sure it's great we are improving but really we should be leaders not followers.
    I think to be fair, this new part looks like a bit of a mix of McLaren, Sauber and a bit of Ferrari's original, so is not a complete direct copy.
    But I do agree that I wish Ferrari would have more ideas that were copied.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Another photo of the new break ducts:

Ferrari look fast, very fast. Clearly a front running chassis now.

will it just overheat the brake disk??? how this thing works without an inlet???
    Hell would have broken loose

Quote Originally Posted by anakin View Post
    will it just overheat the brake disk??? how this thing works without an inlet???
    It has an inlet. It's just using the side of the tyre as the second "wall" of the inlet. So it produces less drag.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Rake comparison

Turning vanes and bulkhead detail

Cars testing different configuration. Turning vanes, brake ducts

Testing with monkey seat even in Canada

Testing new exhaust, flow wiz on on top of diffuser

Applying flow-wiz

Last edited by wacc; 9th June 2012 at 09:52.

Thanks for those pics. Looks like Ferrari is as aggressive as Red Bull now with the rake.

I notice Alonso is on the old front brake duct, and yesterday Massa had much more straight line speed. I wonder if this have anything to do with the new slim brake ducts.

Hopefully Ferrari brought 2 sets, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Thanks for those pics. Looks like Ferrari is as aggressive as Red Bull now with the rake.

I notice Alonso is on the old front brake duct, and yesterday Massa had much more straight line speed. I wonder if this have anything to do with the new slim brake ducts.

Hopefully Ferrari brought 2 sets, lol.
    i think the new brake duct have a significant impact. ferrari are pushing now!!!! yeah!!!
    Hell would have broken loose

Lets see what rake they run in Q and race.

I thought both drivers tested all the new parts but I can't find picture of Fernando running the new break ducts.

The bulkhead photo clearly shows that there is no way a Mercedes style DDRS can be fitted to this year's Ferrari chassis.
    There simply is no space for the air tubes connection to the rear wing!
    We are doing fine without it anyway.....

Triple hole with the tiny slits leading to the edge of the floor.

Floor shaping in front of the rear wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    I have been saying that for 2-3 years. McLaren development is overrated, and living off 2009. Even then, Ferrari caught up to Brawn earlier, but stopped development, and McLaren's development normally comes 'good' when their competitors stop theirs.
    Ferrari in 2010, last year up until Silverstone and now show that theirs is fantastic, and also RedBull, but starting the at Ferrari have these last couple of years helps.
    tbf where starting from a long way back so it is easier to improve...however top effort for bringing them to the car so quickly...this is an area where i believe pat has a major influence in...bolt it on the car and see if it works! just hope we can keep it up when where on par!

also guys, i thought we had a new front wing...cant tell the difference...be nice to see a comparrison with this old wing aswell..im vvery bad at spot the difference...great job guys!!

ohhhh the joys...red bull at it again...even tho the whole paddock does it!! http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/4...ooling_design/

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    also guys, i thought we had a new front wing...cant tell the difference...be nice to see a comparrison with this old wing aswell..im vvery bad at spot the difference...great job guys!!

The main plane of the front wing is smaller..This wing is only specific to low downforce tracks..may be we will use the same in monza too

Scarbs posted an article analyzing Ferrari updates at Canada GP, including the new exhaust and brake ducts.
    http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2012/0...an-gp-updates/

Those who doubted ferrari and said that the car is nothing but a dog...

I've come here to say that this is our radical F2012.

Thanks for all the anti-ferrari and non believers hating on the team.Your face seems kinda sad