Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I love Goodwood..wheres Idiada???
    Near Barcellona Spain.
    Straight line speed testing.Very usefull at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I love Goodwood..wheres Idiada???
    http://www.idiada.cz/proving-ground.html?lang=2

Cool, thanks!

I never heard about Idiada near Barcelona.

Thanks Kiwi Nick.

does anyone know what specific updates Ferrari are to have on the race car @ Silverstone?

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    does anyone know what specific updates Ferrari are to have on the race car @ Silverstone?

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    From another forum i heard that there is a new front wing and new floor. Reports claim that they should increase performance by 0.4, but to me that's very optimistic.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    the front wing that was tested in FFP in Valencia is what we will be using at Silverstone.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Thank you. Ferrari will need more than "just" a new "Front Wing" if they want to keep up with Red Bull. The need to get more downforce! They seem to have gained some top speed and are close to the fastest. At least at Valencia they were fast on Top Speed. That should help with the long fast parts of the Silverstone track.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Not sure what updates will come (apart from the front wing), but in this interview Tombazis mentioned we'd have changes to the front wing, floor, exhausts, rear wing and turning vanes. I'd imagine that some of these new parts, maybe even all of them will be on the car in Silverstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    From another forum i heard that there is a new front wing and new floor. Reports claim that they should increase performance by 0.4, but to me that's very optimistic.
    Yeah, 0.4s is a huge step forward this year. It's definitely possible but.. It just depends on the updates really. A new FW that's been developed really well could offer 0.2s just because of the way it conditions the air to work with the rest of the car. Anyhow, if Ferrari can improve the car 0.2s from Valencia spec, the team should have a very good weekend IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    Yeah, I would imagine only if the new floor is similar to what RedBull brought last race.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Any pics of our car today ?

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Yeah, I would imagine only if the new floor is similar to what RedBull brought last race.
    We all know just how good the pace of the Red Bull was in Valencia. And it was a scary thing to see, but... I agree with Sam Michael on this one - it looked more like RB just got the tires to work in the right window. I hope it is true!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100906

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Michael - AutoSport.com
    Michael believes that the fact that Red Bull made such a leap in terms of performance compared to the previous races is proof that its advantage was more than to the nature of the Valencia circuit than to the updates introduced there.

"Because the changes that they made to the car, if you look at that pace it was a second a lap. To find a second lap in F1 through changing some fairly secondary parts on the top surface on the floor, which is where we know they have changed, to get a second a lap in F1 would be pretty impressive.

"When we arrive in Silverstone we will find out if that is the case but I will be pretty surprised if they maintain a second a lap gap on the rest of the field.

"It was very impressive pace, but ultimately we have seen this year that if you get the tyres working properly and you fall into that window then you can generate some enormous amounts of grip. We have seen that four or five times this year and Sebastian was definitely bang on the tyres in that first stint. So it was reflective of that rather than the car upgrade."

Quote Originally Posted by Salvador Dali View Post
    We all know just how good the pace of the Red Bull was in Valencia. And it was a scary thing to see, but... I agree with Sam Michael on this one - it looked more like RB just got the tires to work in the right window. I hope it is true!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100906
    This gives me hope

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    This gives me hope
    It gives me hope too,but still cannot forget how dominant Red Bull was at Valencia!!

''Red Bull once again return with a new iteration of their Sidepod/Exhaust/Tunnel concept for Valencia. Whilst this new iteration features an exhaust channel similar to the McLaren concept everyone else has been chasing it’s also a return to the Tunnel concept they have previously tried at different races. The additional downforce generated by the Tunnel sidepod also meant Red Bull brought a new suspension arrangement altering the suspension geometry. Furthermore they altered the design of the brake duct fin and drum itself.

We are all aware that the FIA made strides to eliminate the effects of off throttle blowing by limiting the use of exotic engine maps. As this area can provide substantial rear end downforce gains it would appear that Red Bull are once again pushing the boundaries of legality. I noticed underneath the commentary teams when onboard with the Red Bull that there is a distinctive ‘Off Throttle’ sound being emitted from the RB8. We have to appreciate that all of these factors are contributing to the sudden performance leap that Red Bull have taken. Sebastian opened a 4 second gap from Hamilton within the first two laps and went on to widen his gap to just over 10 seconds before Hamilton pitted on lap 9. The level of grip the RB8 is achieving was then plain to see as Sebastian didn’t pit until lap 16 nearly doubling the laps achieved by the McLaren on the same soft tyres. This must be of concern to the other teams who’s only saving grace was attributed to a failed alternator after the saftey car period.

Almost unnoticed was Mark’s achievement of 4th place having started back down in 19th place on the grid. His consistent lap times even when in traffic (mostly tucked up behind Schumacher) were impressive''

mclaren are upping the anty, lets hope we can aswell! lets not slow down now ferrari!!!!

McLaren is targeting a raft of upgrades for the British and German Grands Prix in a big development push that it hopes will get it back to the head of the world championship table.

With Red Bull Racing having raised the stakes with an overhaul of its RB8 in Valencia that helped Sebastian Vettel dominate before he retired with an alternator failure, McLaren's own technical staff have been working hard to improve the performance of its car too.

Team principal Martin Whitmarsh has revealed that as well as a number of new aerodynamic parts for Silverstone, a much bigger visual change will be ready for the next race in Hockenheim.

"There should be seven or eight modifications coming through," Whitmarsh told AUTOSPORT. "It is a reasonable package, if all the parts deliver - that is if we get them out of manufacturing and on to the car, and if they deliver on track as we predict and we believe then it should be worth something.

"We have another package coming for Germany which visually is a bigger package of changes. It will be more noticeable.

"I think that is a worthwhile package and we will see if it is big enough. I think Red Bull are pushing hard at the moment, but so are Ferrari and so are a lot of teams. It is an amazingly competitive season, this is an exciting championship, and we have to deliver here."

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    It gives me hope too,but still cannot forget how dominant Red Bull was at Valencia!!

''Red Bull once again return with a new iteration of their Sidepod/Exhaust/Tunnel concept for Valencia. Whilst this new iteration features an exhaust channel similar to the McLaren concept everyone else has been chasing it’s also a return to the Tunnel concept they have previously tried at different races. The additional downforce generated by the Tunnel sidepod also meant Red Bull brought a new suspension arrangement altering the suspension geometry. Furthermore they altered the design of the brake duct fin and drum itself.

We are all aware that the FIA made strides to eliminate the effects of off throttle blowing by limiting the use of exotic engine maps. As this area can provide substantial rear end downforce gains it would appear that Red Bull are once again pushing the boundaries of legality. I noticed underneath the commentary teams when onboard with the Red Bull that there is a distinctive ‘Off Throttle’ sound being emitted from the RB8. We have to appreciate that all of these factors are contributing to the sudden performance leap that Red Bull have taken. Sebastian opened a 4 second gap from Hamilton within the first two laps and went on to widen his gap to just over 10 seconds before Hamilton pitted on lap 9. The level of grip the RB8 is achieving was then plain to see as Sebastian didn’t pit until lap 16 nearly doubling the laps achieved by the McLaren on the same soft tyres. This must be of concern to the other teams who’s only saving grace was attributed to a failed alternator after the saftey car period.

Almost unnoticed was Mark’s achievement of 4th place having started back down in 19th place on the grid. His consistent lap times even when in traffic (mostly tucked up behind Schumacher) were impressive''
    Who wrote this? Hamilton pit on lap 13, Kimi (14), Alonso (15) and Vettel (16).

The Red Bull had great pace but the panic in the aftermath of Valencia is just unnecessary.

How Ferrari solved their exhaust problem

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/07/0...haust-problem/

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari2183 View Post
    Who wrote this? Hamilton pit on lap 13, Kimi (14), Alonso (15) and Vettel (16).

The Red Bull had great pace but the panic in the aftermath of Valencia is just unnecessary.
    The article is on http://finalsector.co.uk/valencia-gp...cal-roundup-2/
    You are right about the first pit stops,and the second pit stops where even more close [Ham/Kimi/Alonso lap 28 and Vettel lap 29]
    The rest of the article is very true.Hungary at the end of July will most likely be a similar story.
    Let's hope Ferrari will improve their downforce and traction by that time.

New engine cover and modified diffuser.
    005.jpg

new floor?

I don't know 100% but we won't have a new floor in Silverstone.

They bought a new floor last race...dono if they raced it or not...they will get the same one again this race along with modified exhaust n a new front wing..They also seem to be testing something on the rear wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    They bought a new floor last race...dono if they raced it or not...they will get the same one again this race along with modified exhaust n a new front wing..They also seem to be testing something on the rear wing.
    SDRS?

Dont think so...it looks like teams have given up working on that

New Front Wing & Engine cover in Silverstone

Taken a screenshot from practice:

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    Taken a screenshot from practice:

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/5jzcja.png[/IM]

is the wing asymetrical? It has the further white section on the left.

is it true they didnt use the new front win in qualifying??