Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

You are right about updates for Canada and Spain. My bad . Apologize. But while ago there was something called RED SOMETHING (I forgot). Did that ever appeared? It is more than obvious that car has been upgraded significantly, because it is more faster and more podium contender than it was in the beginning of the season.
    I do have trusty in the team! I am BELIEVER! But I am one of those SEEING IS BELIEVING!

Forza Ferrari!

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...longterm-aims/

Sounds like an interesting article but it is behind a pay wall. I guess the gist of it is those changes Fry wanted to make once he came in the methods and whatnot are paying off.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    You are right about updates for Canada and Spain. My bad . Apologize. But while ago there was something called RED SOMETHING (I forgot). Did that ever appeared? It is more than obvious that car has been upgraded significantly, because it is more faster and more podium contender than it was in the beginning of the season.
    The "RED SOMETHING"?? What are you smokin' here, new part?? Whatever it was it certainly made the car faster as you said, so there was no way it couldn't have appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    The "RED SOMETHING"?? What are you smokin' here, new part?? Whatever it was it certainly made the car faster as you said, so there was no way it couldn't have appeared.
    For sure many new parts appeared, and made car more stable and faster. But I remember that, now I am not sure was it before first race or after, that I have red in this forum that Mr. Rory Byrne is preparing something that it was called RED (I forgot second word). About this, it was mentioned once or twice and than total silence. It could also be that this was made up and completely untrue.
    Any way what matters is that now F2012 is fast and can fight for victories. But not to full ourself, it needs to be MORE FASTER!

For sure many new parts appeared, and made car more stable and faster. But I remember that, now I am not sure was it before first race or after, that I have red in this forum that Mr. Rory Byrne is preparing something that it was called RED (I forgot second word). About this, it was mentioned once or twice and than total silence. It could also be that this was made up and completely untrue.
    Any way what matters is that now F2012 is fast and can fight for victories. But not to full ourself, it needs to be MORE FASTER!
    Yes I remember that, but it was apparently found to be a google translation error.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I think the term "Red" update has been lost in translation. Due to Spanish and Italian media sometimes calling Ferrari, Red, The Reds and Cavallino. Here couple articles from Omni Corse using the term Cavallino and Red.

Alonso with the new bulkhead front wing
    The Ferrari F2012 appeared soffiaggi of additional and flaps are programmed deformation
    June 22, 2012

The Ferrari in the first free practice session has differentiated the development work on the F2012 , sharing news about the cars of the two pilots. Fernando Alonso has had the task of checking the camportamento front wing magazine in the side walls. 's team has Cavallino developed the microaerodinamica to differentiate flows that run around the front wheel: the bulkhead wing, in fact, has four soffiaggi that carry the air in the inner part, while the bulk of the flow is routed externally in an attempt to do so reattach to the bottom back. The Ferrari have also carried out studies on the deformation of the planned flap, which serve to increase the load on the traction phase where the F2012 had more problems.

Here is the Ferrari F2012 modified in the rear
    After the release of Fernando Alonso will get back on track before the lunch break
    May 3, 2012 11:57
    Here is the long awaited side amended Ferrari . The F2012 was presented today with a new body in the terminal part of the side pods which houses again discharges blowing towards the rear wheel. Experiments performed Tuesday by Fernando Alonso must have given the expected results and Red were approved terminals that integrated into a more accentuated in Coca Cola, and yesterday Felipe Massa had tried the new turning vane under the frame. To improve the extraction of hot air from the radiators have been open two air vents before discharge and was also redesigned the power that flows around the change . mechanics Horse immediately cover the rear with a template so that photographers can capture other curiosities hidden in the car: there are those who dare to say that the team led by Pat Fry would be analyzing the 'F-duct , for the mere fact that it would have appeared a carbon tube coming out of the hood and slips lower rear wing. A clue for now too weak ... Fernando should get back on track before the break for lunch, as Vettel and Grosjean managed to climb over the time he had led the Spanish to the top of the timesheets.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Before the start of the season, there were many rumors and some includes Rory Bryne's name. But they were just rumor, and officially, Rory Bryne is no longer active in the Formula 1 side of things. Personally, I don't think they were true.

As for the updates for the second half of the season, Ferrari have not release any details what are the new parts they plan to bring, and there is no any rumor either. So its completely unknown what we'll see.

We certainly still have a lot of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Before the start of the season, there were many rumors and some includes Rory Bryne's name. But they were just rumor, and officially, Rory Bryne is no longer active in the Formula 1 side of things. Personally, I don't think they were true.
    Byrne confirmed he was working as a consultant and assisting Fry and Tombazis.

This 5 weeks seems like 5 years. Never to pass! I've been on vacation, come back, doing some renovation in my apartment, and still two more weeks till Belgium GP
    Hoping of strong start (win ) of the second part of the season!!! Just to shut JB mouth!

The August hiatus in F1 is just about the dumbest thing in sport. Especially since it comes in the middle of the European portion of the season, when the teams are near their home bases and can easily work on and implement upgrades and modifications to the cars. Upgrades would come along at the same rate without the break, and the end of the season could be moved up, effectively increasing the time teams have to work full time on the next season's car.

And don't give me that, "They deserve a holiday.", BS! How many of you would be willing to give up your August holiday to work in F1?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    The August hiatus in F1 is just about the dumbest thing in sport. Especially since it comes in the middle of the European portion of the season, when the teams are near their home bases and can easily work on and implement upgrades and modifications to the cars. Upgrades would come along at the same rate without the break, and the end of the season could be moved up, effectively increasing the time teams have to work full time on the next season's car.

And don't give me that, "They deserve a holiday.", BS! How many of you would be willing to give up your August holiday to work in F1?
    It's a 2 week break for the teams and the staff, and yes they do deserve some holiday time and some family time, no BS about it. Why should people who work in F1 get no holidays?
    Forza Ferrari

Aswell as giving the team members a break and time with their familys. It was also part of the cost saving measures bought in few years ago. Everything in the factories is shut off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Aswell as giving the team members a break and time with their familys. It was also part of the cost saving measures bought in few years ago. Everything in the factories is shut off.
    What about the kegerators?

Yeah i thing everything (maybe wrong), Mclaren has even shut the road car production down aswell.

Wow. So you wouldn't like our team members to have a well earned break and come back fresher for the second part of the season? Odd.

Just because they work around machines, doesn't mean they are one.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Wow. So you wouldn't like our team members to have a well earned break and come back fresher for the second part of the season? Odd.

Just because they work around machines, doesn't mean they are one.
    One could argue Kimi is a machine. No emotion in that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Homan13PSU View Post
    One could argue Kimi is a machine. No emotion in that guy.
    why is everyone picking on Kimi?? so what if he's not showing emotions like all the other drivers do; he may not say much, but give him a quick car and he can deliver...
    having said that, he is the one to watch for for the remainder of the season, that is if Lotus can keep up the development rate compared to other big teams like Ferrari, McLaren and Red fools...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I think the break would have made more sense once the European portion of the season was over. Rest up before flying to Asia and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    why is everyone picking on Kimi?? so what if he's not showing emotions like all the other drivers do; he may not say much, but give him a quick car and he can deliver...
    having said that, he is the one to watch for for the remainder of the season, that is if Lotus can keep up the development rate compared to other big teams like Ferrari, McLaren and Red fools...
    Not picking on him by any means.

You are Kimi's personal grid girl

now back to some meaningful infos about F2012 (this is development thread remember?):
    Everything comes out of Rumour-Domain and AutoSprint:
    - new FW and RW
    - new engine map
    - new Shell fuel
    - new DRS

Here is the text so Italian guys please enlighten us :)

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    now back to some meaningful infos about F2012 (this is development thread remember?):
    Everything comes out of Rumour-Domain and AutoSprint:
    - new FW and RW
    - new engine map
    - new Shell fuel
    - new DRS

Here is the text so Italian guys please enlighten us :)

Could you provide the web link for this page..or use a google translator and then post the contents..

Sorry no can do cos its a scan from print version of the magazine...

TBH I think the summer break came Just In Time for us. Five weeks till Spa and eight weeks till Singapore can make the difference if the new parts work as expected. The F2012 needs the right development to mantain the gap with Red Bull, McLaren and Lotus plus September should provide a colder and rainy weather which seem to suit Ferrari better.

P.S.- Okay, enough off topic for the break. Now I want to read all kind of news and rumours about F2012 development in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Grillo View Post
    TBH I think the summer break came Just In Time for us. Five weeks till Spa and eight weeks till Singapore can make the difference if the new parts work as expected. The F2012 needs the right development to mantain the gap with Red Bull, McLaren and Lotus plus September should provide a colder and rainy weather which seem to suit Ferrari better.

P.S.- Okay, enough off topic for the break. Now I want to read all kind of news and rumours about F2012 development in this thread.

It’s funny how we (fans) seem to thrive/pray for colder temperatures as well as wet races now; but wasn’t until a year or two ago when Ferrari had issues with getting heat into its tires (well it seems like we had that issue for SOOOOO many years) and now all of a sudden we seem to be one of the best teams to make the tires work in cooler temps as well as wet races.

Or maybe is just down to the tires this year; whatever it is I hope we keep the momentum up and YES next couple of races or so may be run in cooler temps, at least probably Spa will.

I just hope that all this extra time we had to work on updates will work from the time we slap them ONTO the car and will make the F2012 that much faster (if not the fastest) and Fernando will be able to maintain if not increase his lean in the WDC until the end when he’ll be crowned.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...longterm-aims/

Sounds like an interesting article but it is behind a pay wall. I guess the gist of it is those changes Fry wanted to make once he came in the methods and whatnot are paying off.
    Nothing new, apart from a new Pat Fry quote.

'Wake-up call' key to Ferrari's long-term aims

A poor start to 2012 has galvanised Ferrari into a return to long-term winning ways, helped by structural and procedural changes from Pat Fry

Ferrari's stuttering start to its 2012 campaign was the wake-up call the team needed to force through changes that could allow it to dominate Formula 1 again in the future.

Since the Michael Schumacher era ended in 2006, Ferrari has struggled to replicate its success of the early years of the century. Although it won constructors' titles in 2007 and 2008, it has underachieved since 2009.

Pat Fry, who took over from Aldo Costa as technical director (chassis) last year, has already made significant changes to the way the team operates. But he has admitted that struggles with the F2012 acted as a trigger to see through the full extent of the necessary overhauls.

"When you are developing and changing an organisation, you've got to be careful," Fry told AUTOSPORT. "You have got to do things logically and have people believing in it so that the organisation moves forward. We had done a lot of homework and knew a lot more [about what needed to be done] but we just hadn't been brave enough to take the last step into changing everything.

"That's effectively what the wake-up call in early February did for us. The amount of effort and passion that is in the factory is unbelievable – it's just about trying to get it all linked together and working. Now, we are making huge steps and improving and the results are showing what the people are capable of."

At the root of Ferrari's struggles has been its failure to adapt to the demands of modern F1. During the Schumacher era, it benefitted from a close relationship with tyre supplier Bridgestone, but more importantly it effectively had unlimited mileage at its Fiorano test track. It used this second advantage to devastating effect, using what might be called an 'empirical' model of car development based upon evaluating a wide range of parts on track.

Since the ban on in-season testing came in at the start of 2009, Ferrari hasn't been able to do this. Other teams devoted resources to improving off-track development technology such as wind tunnels, CFD and driver-in-loop simulators to allow better evaluation of parts before they ever hit the track.

Fry worked at McLaren during this period and, despite some resistance to his methods at Maranello, the shortcomings of the car have given him the mandate to complete this process.

Fry is key to Ferrari's potential revival and a compelling case can be made that it was a lack of technical leadership, after chief designer Rory Byrne and technical director Ross Brawn left the Scuderia at the end of 2006, that held back the team.

Byrne, in particular, was a big loss as he is one of the few designers arguably in the Adrian Newey league. Although Byrne is still a Ferrari consultant, he spends only around 40 per cent of his year at Maranello and has no involvement with the F1 team.

There has been some criticism of team principal Stefano Domenicali during Ferrari's struggles, although he deserves credit for the way that Fry has been able to change the team's way of working. Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo backed him at the end of last month, suggesting that there are no plans for any change at the top of the Scuderia.

"When it was decided to go for a man who had grown from within the company, there were some who turned up their noses at the idea," said di Montezemolo. "But today I am pleased to see a true leader of a team that is doing well, which is what I want and which is worthy of the name Ferrari."

http://bbs.hupu.com/4189306.html

Ferrari will attend yound drivers test next mont at Magny Cours, so maybe they will use it to test some new parts.

Quote Originally Posted by radosav View Post
    Ferrari will attend yound drivers test next mont at Magny Cours, so maybe they will use it to test some new parts.
    i TOO think they will test some new parts at this young driver's test
    i don't know if it's meant to be used that way, but i'm pretty sure we will run/test new parts as other teams will probably do it as well.

i TOO think they will test some new parts at this young driver's test
    i don't know if it's meant to be used that way, but i'm pretty sure we will run/test new parts as other teams will probably do it as well.
    Didn't Sauber, Merc and Williams run parts in relation to the new exhausts at last years drivers test? Agreed that the intention of the tests should be focused on the drivers...but in this day and age we gotta squeak out every little bit of parts testing we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    Nothing new, apart from a new Pat Fry quote.
    Thanks! Good to know they are already seeing results, and no doubts because of this, 2013 will be even better.