Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

If Massa was running the new exhaust this could explain his speed to FA, on team radio FM was told to stay 2 seconds behind, maybe the team new the upgrade was giving FM an advantage. After the race FA said he was taking care of his tyres, and then he pushed and opened a gap to 5 seconds over FM. Why would he say that, its not a good thing to say about your team mate. But maybe he did not want the competition to know the real truth, that FM upgraded car was working well, and he will have the upgraded exhaust next race to so watch out Red bull.

Dumb question: Why would driver, fighting for a title, race with the old and slower version of an exhaust?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Dumb question: Why would driver, fighting for a title, race with the old and slower version of an exhaust?
    because it is risk ... you cannot that easy change exhaust layout during weekend like you do with the front wing if it isn't working ...

here is the pic of massa's car in Korea i don't believe that this is RB style exhaust

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-conten...orgpsutton.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    because it is risk ... you cannot that easy change exhaust layout during weekend like you do with the front wing if it isn't working ...

here is the pic of massa's car in Korea i don't believe that this is RB style exhaust

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-conten...orgpsutton.jpg
    If I remember correctly we were changing exhaust layouts miltiple times at one weekend at the start of the season. If they saw, that it is working great on Felipe's car, why not to fit it to Alonso's as well? My point is: Don't get too excited YET, maybe it was really Felipe driving so well, that he was actually faster than Alonso.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

If I remember correctly we were changing exhaust layouts miltiple times at one weekend at the start of the season. If they saw, that it is working great on Felipe's car, why not to fit it to Alonso's as well? My point is: Don't get too excited YET, maybe it was really Felipe driving so well, that he was actually faster than Alonso.
    yes but this was at testing and layout wasn't that much different , it's bigger step changing our currently exhaust to RB stlye because of additional piece of bodywork which will led the exhaust flames towards diffuser . If i am correct ... and mate my point was that exhaust which was ran on massa's car didn't look like RB exhaust

It seems that the original source didn't said anything about both drivers using different exhaust, but they did say that Felipe used different parts.

LOL Massa was quicker than Alonso and the Spanish media leaps in with reasons why
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL Massa was quicker than Alonso and the Spanish media leaps in with reasons why
    they raced with the same exhaust.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

You can apply that to yourself because the spanish media didn't say anything like that, it was the english media spinning the article or mistranslating the article

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    You can apply that to yourself because the spanish media didn't say anything like that, it was the english media spinning the article or mistranslating the article
    Ferrari raced an all-new Red Bull-style exhaust on only Felipe Massa’s car in Korea last weekend, according to the Spanish newspaper 20 Minutos.
    It seems that the original source didn't said anything about both drivers using different exhaust, but they did say that Felipe used different parts.
    So they did say he ran different parts?
    Forza Ferrari

Provided picture of FM car from Korean GP doesn't look any different that from previous races...

So they did say he ran different parts?
    Yes, it says that Felipe used some new parts, they don't speculate if that parts helped Felipe to race faster, they don't mention if those parts were used on the race either. It was an informative article, just plain info, no opinion or trying to defend Alonso. If their info is good is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    If Massa was running the new exhaust this could explain his speed to FA, on team radio FM was told to stay 2 seconds behind, maybe the team new the upgrade was giving FM an advantage. After the race FA said he was taking care of his tyres, and then he pushed and opened a gap to 5 seconds over FM. Why would he say that, its not a good thing to say about your team mate. But maybe he did not want the competition to know the real truth, that FM upgraded car was working well, and he will have the upgraded exhaust next race to so watch out Red bull.
    I dont think Massa ran a different exhaust..its just speculation and moreover even Pat Fry had said they had only 4 small updates and the exhaust by no means is a small one..
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...

Wait a minute. Is the new exhaust rumor based on this news about Massa running a new exhaust?

If so then we're not going to see anything in India, lol. There was no any Red Bull style exhaust on the Ferrari car in Korea.

Fernando is fighting for his 3rd WDC..so considering reliability they didn`t fit that exhaust on Fernando`s car....but come India they will race on Fernando`s car also...
    AKROCKS

AKROCKS

Quote Originally Posted by anupa2k View Post
    Fernando is fighting for his 3rd WDC..so considering reliability they didn`t fit that exhaust on Fernando`s car....but come India they will race on Fernando`s car also...
    There was no exhaust though?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The RBR DDRS is alot easier to do than Lotus's effort.
    Exactly...
    AKROCKS

Hi everyone,

I’m following this forum for almost 7 months and I’m a big Alo and Ferrari fan.

I found an article on a French site about Ferrari's upgrades for India. See below the translation of the article:

The Scuderia Ferrari technicians are working hard in the wind tunnel of Cologne, Germany, to give Alonso and Massa a car that can compete against the Red Bull domination of the last 3 races.

Engineers, led by Loïc Tombazis and Bigois, that are responsible for the wind tunnel tests, are working very hard on the aerodynamics of the F2012 in order to evolve. In India, Ferrari should introduce the following new features:

- New exhaust terminal (Red Bull style?) so as to increase the aerodynamic load at the rear of the car in order to get the tires at their optimum temperature faster.
    - New air entries for the front brakes
    - New RW with probably the DDRS
    - New side pots aerodynamics
    - New FW

All these upgrades should be tested in Vairano before sending them to India.

Here is the link of the article: http://www.f1-direct.com/news-f1/sho...?id_news=13326

What do you think? Is it possible?

Avanti FER!!

whoa...great @jola..i hope these upgrades are really coming and they work perfectly fine,,if this is the case then we can gain atleast those crucial .4-.5..
    which may lead to a front row start..and help beat the Red Cows ...i am from india and i would be a real treat to see the ferrari's dominate in india!!
    i hope these upgrades really come and WORK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    Hi everyone,

I found an article on a French site about Ferrari's upgrades for India. See below the translation of the article:

The Scuderia Ferrari technicians are working hard in the wind tunnel of Cologne, Germany, to give Alonso and Massa a car that can compete against the Red Bull domination of the last 3 races.

Engineers, led by Loïc Tombazis and Bigois, that are responsible for the wind tunnel tests, are working very hard on the aerodynamics of the F2012 in order to evolve. In India, Ferrari should introduce the following new features:

- New exhaust terminal (Red Bull style?) so as to increase the aerodynamic load at the rear of the car in order to get the tires at their optimum temperature faster.
    - New FW

Here is the link of the article: http://www.f1-direct.com/news-f1/sho...?id_news=13326

Avanti FER!!
    Hope this is true...If the updates work then there is a good chance to be atleast on par with the RedBulls if not strongest..
    would be nice to see Alonso win in my country i.e INDIA...

Quote Originally Posted by anupa2k View Post
    Perfomance wise they would have fitted it onto Alonso's car but reliability is also a major factor...

Hi everyone,

- New FW

Avanti FER!!
    Well it is possible for Ferrari to bring such upgrade..they brought it in Spain and they can do it again..
    If all the above updates work,i think a gain of 0.4-0.8 sec is possible

"The report also said Ferrari is working hard in former F1 team Toyota’s state of the art Cologne wind tunnel on a so-called ‘double DRS’ straightline speed-boosting system."
    http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/10/18/ma...YallaF1.com%29
    Oh wow! That sentence certainly boosts my confidence ahead of next week's race.

I knew that Ferrari still has a few aces up it's sleeve

Fernando seemed to be in a really good mood after the Korean race. He had this cunning smirk on his face all the way through the podium proceedings and he sure didn't look like a man who had just lost the lead in WDC points standings.
    He was like: "You just wait and see Vettel boy, you just wait and see..."

I know we still have to wait for the results of FP1 before we can make any definitive conclusions, but I for one feel pretty confident now.

Ohhh I can't wait for the FP1 to start already!!!

Hearing so much from all the reports..one thing that could be confirmed is that the F2012 will definetly sport a new Exhaust..

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    Oh wow! That sentence certainly boosts my confidence ahead of next week's race.

I knew that Ferrari still has a few aces up it's sleeve

Fernando seemed to be in a really good mood after the Korean race. He had this cunning smirk on his face all the way through the podium proceedings and he sure didn't look like a man who had just lost the lead in WDC points standings.
    He was like: "You just wait and see Vettel boy, you just wait and see..."

I know we still have to wait for the results of FP1 before we can make any definitive conclusions, but I for one feel pretty confident now.

Ohhh I can't wait for the FP1 to start already!!!
    Same here

Can anyone tell me please, when the test at Vairano will take place?

Hi everyone,

- New FW

Avanti FER!!
    If this is true, and these updates brought work, then that might just put Ferrari level with RedBull.

PS, welcome, great first post

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Hi everyone,

- New FW

Avanti FER!!
    If this is true, and these updates brought work, then that might just put Ferrari level with RedBull.

PS, welcome, great first post