Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

A second was well within reach...Felipe was losing out because of his setup issues on heavy load..But Alonso quali pace(around a second faster than Felipe) might have been good enogh for the race..Pat Fry said that considering the difference in pace Alonso would have been able to do better than expected..

Does anyone know what kind of updates will we get for Monza?

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Does anyone know what kind of updates will we get for Monza?
    Just be unique package for Monza. Be less downforce than Spa. But as we saw with JB 2 years ago he had slightly bigger rear wing than we did, for bit more DF for the chicanes and corners. Just be parts for less drag, FW, RW and few other bits
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Its really a horrible feeling being left wondering what Alonso could do.

This is not to belittle Massa's ability at all, he had a great race himself. But the fact that Massa at times managed fastest lap and climbed all the way to P5 shows that the F2012 was actually quite competitive. I wouldn't count out the possibility that Alonso might have even given Button some trouble.

I think we can be confident in Monza.
    i don't think a victory was possible but defo 2nd, 3rd with a 40 pt lead would be plenty but now vettel is 24 pts behind with 8 races left, at this moment in time i don't fear MW, LH & JB but things can develop fast in the next 2/3 races and we may be in trouble. had the right man won we would only have a 15 pt lead.

in both races where SV failed to score pts FA won them, whereas when FA failed to score SV only managed second.

looking forward to our home race I am so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Its really a horrible feeling being left wondering what Alonso could do.

This is not to belittle Massa's ability at all, he had a great race himself. But the fact that Massa at times managed fastest lap and climbed all the way to P5 shows that the F2012 was actually quite competitive. I wouldn't count out the possibility that Alonso might have even given Button some trouble.

I think we can be confident in Monza.
    Yeah I think he could have been racing Jenson, Seb had to come from way behind to get 2nd, Alonso would have been 3rd into turn 1 maybe even 2nd by the end of the first lap.
    Forza Ferrari

When we come back, we tackle the last two races in Europe, at Spa and Monza, which are very different to the previous ones. How do you see the situation in these two races?

“We have a few interesting developments that we will introduce at Spa, a track which, from an aerodynamic downforce point of view, is quite special, as indeed is Monza. In fact, we will also have an aerodynamic and engine package specifically suited to the Italian track. Therefore a lot of work has been done, but there is still also a lot to do: we must continue to keep up the pressure to a high level.”
    http://www.ferrari.com/english/formu...lot-to-do.aspx

A reminder. Like I said, ferrari prepare for this race like no other. So do other teams to an extent, but Ferrari really want no eff ups here.

Some of Ferraris greatest wins that have defined its history have been here. Monza 1888, 1998, 2006, 2010 etc.
    Last edited by scuderiafan; 3rd September 2012 at 18:02.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Hi Guys. I m ALonsos big fan and I read all the comments on this site. Sorry dint know where to post this. just wanted to know if F1 will be coming to New Zealand any time in the future. Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    Hi Guys. I m ALonsos big fan and I read all the comments on this site. Sorry dint know where to post this. just wanted to know if F1 will be coming to New Zealand any time in the future. Thanks Guys
    FF1, being a Kiwi myself, but living in the UK and seeing the flavour and the passion for F1 there is in Europe, I'm doubting there will ever be an F1 race back home. I returned recently from the Bay of Islands where I spent 2 months with my mum, I left after the Valencia race and never heard a bean about F1 apart from the sparse reports from One News and Prime Sport. I came back to the UK to find Alonso 40 points up on everyone else, plus he had won another race while I was away.......Cant say how dissappointed I was with Grosjean plowing into Hamilton and finally catching Alonso on the first corner at Spa..........gutted, because I'd already missed out on my usual F1 fix while I was away.

Sorry mate, cant see it happening back home........I think V8 seems much more popular there, although with the progression and probable win of the GP3 Series with our man Mitch Evans, who knows what might happen in the future. By the way, just to rub it in, we've got our own dedicated Sky F1 Channel in the UK :)

I'm not worried just yet because Spa is a cursed track for Alonso. It's Monza and Singapore where we have to send a message to the rest of the field: stop developing 2012 car and focus resources on 2013, the title is Ferrari's.

Fernando has always been on the podium for Ferrari at Monza.#Jinx
    Forza Ferrari

In the past five seasons at Monza (2007-11) he's always finished in the top 5. #Jinx

Quote Originally Posted by Grillo View Post
    I'm not worried just yet because Spa is a cursed track for Alonso.
    Yeah, I was thinking something similar on Sunday. Seems to be a bit of a bogey track for him.
    Forza Jules

I really want us to be the frontrunners!!!!!Now more then ever mostly cause i'm reading all over the net, the mccheaters saying that they are the No1 and they will continue to be the follow races!!!!!!Come on Ferrari,please shut their mouth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I really want us to be the frontrunners!!!!!Now more then ever mostly cause i'm reading all over the net, the mccheaters saying that they are the No1 and they will continue to be the follow races!!!!!!Come on Ferrari,please shut their mouth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This. A couple of wins, and now they will dominate every race, apparently.

Luckily, Ferrari are very good at giving very cold showers to McLaren fans e.g. France 2007.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

If we were showing the pace McLaren have then we would be saying the same thing.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    If we were showing the pace McLaren have then we would be saying the same thing.
    After most races on here, there is cautious optimism. We are always told to be wary of RB/McLaren/Lotus, and I guess 2011 has taught us never to count anyone out.

We would be confident about the races, but I would say there wouldn't be expectations/predictions of domination in every single race, especially this season.
    Sometimes their overconfidence annoys me.

P.S. JA es Allison told ESPN that DDRS won't make it's debut until Suzuka at the earliest.
    Last edited by scuderiafan; 4th September 2012 at 22:39.

http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/4...ter_Spa_crash/ Fernando admitting we probably wont have the fastest car in the next 2 months...stating the obvious I guess, not a great interview i have to say! he does mention however 90% of the car was damaged, lets hope that 10% was the gear box an engine!

In the live chat with Alonso yesterday, someone did ask about the engine and Alonso said the engine is fine. Maybe we can confirm it with Massimo again in this Friday's chat. Hopefully someone ask

As for the gear box, I believe the teams are allowed to change it without penalty if the driver DNF.

Does anyone know what configuration the cars will run? As we know, Monza is where
    the teams set up the cars different than any other race....
    And will Alonso be using the same chassis as Spa?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Does anyone know what configuration the cars will run? As we know, Monza is where
    the teams set up the cars different than any other race....
    And will Alonso be using the same chassis as Spa?
    Try this;
    http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2009/9/9912.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Really good read, Thks!

Do I see that the two fins forward of the mirrors gone on Fernando's car?

I don't thing so. First winglet is the mirror mount the second should be behind it (hidden from this point of view).

(Click for High Res)

The front wing looks like the Spa one except the flap is differently shaped and is visibly smaller.
    Edit: from another angle it looks just same.

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    I don't thing so. First winglet is the mirror mount the second should be behind it (hidden from this point of view).
    That's right. I forgot they mounted the mirrors to the winglets. Thanks!

I hope we have our development strategy/logistic right and have a lot coming on for our home race! Would love to see fernando qualify in the top 4 meaning that we have also improved our race pace (which is already pretty good).

Forza Ferrari

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

is that front wing the one we used in spa!?!?!