Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    where are the pic???
    they're up
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I asked before, can this thread please be kept to actual development news please.
    FerrariF60 you are in soooo much trouble with Greig now ?

There are people who do take photos at the track in here but they would open a new thread /hint
    Its all in the name - FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    FerrariF60 you are in soooo much trouble with Greig now ?

There are people who do take photos at the track in here but they would open a new thread /hint
    these are photos from the indian pre GP weekend; it is a development thread isn't it?? so these are the newest pictures or ferrari that "whoever" took either yesterday or today...

i shouldnt' be getting in trouble now, will I???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

DDRS?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    they're up
    thanks..
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post

DDRS?
    Thats one RW
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post

DDRS?
    Is this from Indian GP??? And if it's from today is it a new one???

Massa believes Ferrari tests 'positive'
    Felipe Massa has described Ferrari's recent aerodynamic tests as "positive" for the rest of the season.

Ferrari carried out some straight-line aerodynamic tests ahead of the Indian Grand Prix in order to analyse the behaviour of its updates following trouble with its wind tunnel results. Massa said that the team had managed to gain a better understanding of its recent issues, and believes that can form the foundation for improved performance between now and the end of the year.

"I think we understood some important things about pieces that didn't work in some races, and I think that's important to try to understand a good direction to make the car quicker for these last four races," Massa said. "Anyway, the most important thing is to understand; when you bring some pieces and it doesn't work and you don't understand then it's a problem, when you start to understand why it didn't work then that's a positive. So I hope we can improve the car now and try to have a stronger car in these last four races."

Looking at the championship picture as a whole, Massa said his contribution would need to be significant in order to help both his team-mate Fernando Alonso in the drivers' championship and also Ferrari in the constructors'.

"I think the best way to help is to be strong, to be in the good direction, to be strong, to put the car in front, to take points away from other cars as well. Not just to help Fernando but also to help the team; we are fighting with little difference of points compared to McLaren - not so little compared to Red Bull - but anyway I think that's important for the team as well so I need to concentrate on scoring points race-by-race."

Link:http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsp...ory/92711.html
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggelossid View Post
    Is this from Indian GP??? And if it's from today is it a new one???
    Its all new but not the right view to see if we have DDRS.

It does appear that the multiple fins and slots at the top are there to take away the high air pressure when the DRS is activated or possibly to dampen the abrupt change of down force when the wing is reset.

I am more curious about the 3 fins on the side above the wheel though ?? anyone got a good guess what they are trying to achieve ??

yes its from India but I dont know if its new one hence my question :)

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

i think the holes that we can see in the picture is the exit of DDRSs tube from the top of the rear wing.

The rear wing looks (to the eye) identical to the one we ran in Korea, comparing to the hi-res photos Greig provided from Korea. Can't say if those holes are new or not for definite though. Can't see them on the photos from Korea but the lighting isn't really good enough.

if we had DDRS we would know that.. Its a big update and big updates cannot be hidden... I don't know.. I may be wrong.. Is anybody sure about the DDRS after seeing the pictures above???

Quote Originally Posted by Aggelossid View Post
    if we had DDRS we would know that.. Its a big update and big updates cannot be hidden... I don't know.. I may be wrong.. Is anybody sure about the DDRS after seeing the pictures above???
    Right now, no, not sure. Everything looks identical to Korea to me. But, that's not to say we don't have parts waiting in the garage. Most likely we'll see new stuff tomorrow if we have anything.

This FW is new:

Currently there are no signs pointing to Ferrari having a DDRS. Visually it seems the car doesn't have many changes but it may turn out that all updates focus on the invisible aspects of the car. But then again it is only Thursday and it may turn out that updates are introduced tomorrow after they have managed to establish a baseline to compare with. I still think that FP1 will be a true indicator to Ferrari's pace this weekend despite the fact that they'll be testing parts throughout the session. People may oppose to this but it I firmly believe this will be the case.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post
    What kind of steering wheel is that

The rear wing is different to the 1 in Korea, the gills on the 1 in Korea were angled down at the rear. Only difference (visual) holes in the bottom
    Last edited by Rob; 25th October 2012 at 19:09.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Standard steering wheel to manage car when it's not being driven,like pit stop practice etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Lol just realised. Looks like that is the update, no more buttons! It is all automated.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    It seems like just rubbish everywhere..
    Pat Fry::We have aggressive development plan(which would mean max upgrades)..
    Gene::Minor Upgrades
    Shell Employ::Major Upgrades but not Reliable
    Autosprint::Ferrari Minor Changes
    Alonso::No upgrades..

I say lets wait for 1 more day and we will have our answer..
    Its called mind games, lol....

Racing is life and life is a risk - Michael schumacher

Here's the rear wing from Korea for comparison.

Thats right, i was thinking the Singapore wing.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

just for comparasion I`v put them at the same place

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    Here's the rear wing from Korea for comparison.

There doesn't seem to be any visual difference between this RW and the one we're using in India. But there could still be some changes that we just can't see.

I don't see much of a difference, but anyway I'm blind when it comes to this kind of updates, I need something more than few holes in the wing to call it an update, but I guess that's how F1 works these days.
    Meanwhile, it either says something or just nothing that Alonso, Schumacher and Raikkonen have reputedly spared a F1 podium on five occasions and Fernando has stood on the top step on every occasion. He's F1's first among equals. (PG)

If they have a new rear wing then it will appear when they test it not now when the car is sitting around free for anyone to take pics off.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    i think the holes that we can see in the picture is the exit of DDRSs tube from the top of the rear wing.
    The holes indicated have nothing to do with DDRS. The concept of the DDRS is to also reduce the the drag of the lower wing element by forcing or allowing air to fill the low pressure zone under the lower wing element. thereby reducing the drag of that wing. It is the lower pressure under that wing that creates some of the down force at the rear of the car. So take away the down force and the car has less drag.