Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    Hi.. Dint know where to post this.. I am a hardcore ferrari fan. just thought of sharing my thought.. Ferrai shud create a separate email account where fans can email ideas to improve the car for present or future as many fans are good engineers with great knowledge or some one with some great innovative ideas can come up with something and the ferrari engineers can use some of it.. If newey is innovatve, I am sure we fans can get together and defeat newey in innovation..just my thought and if soemone who knows a ferrari official can pass this on to them
    Good idea, the only problem is that most of the ideas we come up with here, would probably be laughed at if Ferrari's engineers and designers would read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    Good idea, the only problem is that most of the ideas we come up with here, would probably be laughed at if Ferrari's engineers and designers would read them.
    Many technicians in Ferrari would love to have nearly unlimited resources like Red Bull spends every season. Newey is key for RBR success but he didn't have such an pleasant life at McLaren. We've seen a lot of innovation on RB 5, 6, 7 and 8 which cost a lot of money, new materials, wings that only flexes under some circumstances, flexible nose, hydro/pneumatic suspension just for Fridays, etc. That cost a lot of money and neither Ferrari nor the rest of the teams seem to be able to beat them but Ferrari/Alonso are doing the best job of them all.

Torro Rosso too is testing the Lotus style DRS
    http://www.xpb.cc/viewpicture.asp?id=547730

I'll bet Red Bull get certain info on it and will develop their own next season. Ferrari will need to try it out as well next year.

Its funny how they ban DDRS because its expensive to develop, and here teams are now trying to develop an even more complex and expensive system.

Toro is owned by RB, test mule team. If it works you will c it on the RB.

I like the way TR bring visually different solutions. Their DRD looks quite different from all the other teams.

any news and update from our car guys?

Mai Dare Sulla Speranza, Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Toro is owned by RB, test mule team. If it works you will c it on the RB.
    Yep. Wished Ferrari had a B team too. They can have all sort of new crazy ideas every race weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by mugdoc View Post
    waiting for the same thing..
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...

Quote Originally Posted by mugdoc View Post
    Would they be refining updates that did not work or working on new updates? Surely we can be very competitive at Austin? We've got plenty engine life left, more than red bull, we must at least put them under pressure for brazil, we must beat vettel next week

Quote Originally Posted by blaney1977 View Post
    Would they be refining updates that did not work or working on new updates? Surely we can be very competitive at Austin? We've got plenty engine life left, more than red bull, we must at least put them under pressure for brazil, we must beat vettel next week
    Only thing keeping us alive in fight for WDC is to beat SV next week. By beating him I mean:

1) FA 1st - SV 2nd or below (FA cuts SV lead by 7 points -3 in Brazil)
    2) FA 2nd - SV 3rd or below (FA cuts SV lead by 6 points -4 in Brazil)
    3) FA 3rd - SV 6th or below (FA cuts SV lead by 7 points -3 in Brazil)
    4) or any other combination in which FA takes as much as possible points and SV takes at least as possible points (preferably DNF )

What I wanted to say in my previous post is, by my opinion, FA needs if he can not take lead in WDC after USA GP, than to be as much as -4 in last round in Brazil. More than -4 I don't think would be possible to gain in last race...

My take on this....i think Ferrari are and will be working flat out to bring updates that work to Austin, Fernando will either get POLE in quali, if not 2nd on the grid and take the fight from there to Vettel

i also expect Ferrari to be strong in Brasil due to the nature of the circuit, it may suit us really well...so hopefully another win there...

so there you have it, Fernando will be WDC this year....

i know, i know...it's easier said then done...but we're Ferrari, we NEVER give up, that word "giving up" does NOT exist in our vocabulary
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    What I wanted to say in my previous post is, by my opinion, FA needs if he can not take lead in WDC after USA GP, than to be as much as -4 in last round in Brazil. More than -4 I don't think would be possible to gain in last race...
    I would say 6 points as any more means no matter if Alonso wins Vettel can take title with 2nd. If you can win last race and that guarantees the title you are in control. 4 points or 6 it's the same provided you win. On updates I would like to see few or any as spending Friday evaluating loses setup time and a potential lnet loss as in Abu Dhabi tyre warm up was an issue as spent nearly all practice sessions on new aero parts. Interesting Pirreli changed tac and went to over hard tyres as teams spent all year on base ser ups to preserve tyres so if you do not do enough setup work your baselines will be out and you struggle to heat tyres. They cannot change compounds so appear to have done this to throw a curveball?

lets hope we can pull a fast one on them like they did to us in 2010
    we're number one

1.Lotus aims to race updated Coanda exhaust in US

http://en.espnf1.com/lotusf1/motorsp...ory/94530.html

2.Williams is back on front-running form - Maldonado

http://en.espnf1.com/williams/motors...ory/94397.html

Not a good news for ferrari.......

Quote Originally Posted by hks143 View Post

maybe Ferrari are overly confident their upgrades will work really well and they'll take Pole with Alonso on saturday...that would be amazing
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Having drivers such as Hamilton take away poll from Vettel helps us. However, already having to fight with RB, McLaren and adding Lotus and Williams in qualifying would hurt us as we are not strong in quali. Lets hop we have some updates to put us in front of these teams.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    My take on this....i think Ferrari are and will be working flat out to bring updates that work to Austin, Fernando will either get POLE in quali, if not 2nd on the grid and take the fight from there to Vettel

i also expect Ferrari to be strong in Brasil due to the nature of the circuit, it may suit us really well...so hopefully another win there...

so there you have it, Fernando will be WDC this year....

i know, i know...it's easier said then done...but we're Ferrari, we NEVER give up, that word "giving up" does NOT exist in our vocabulary
    So, you have everything scripted and planned out then, eh?

I love that script! I hope everything will go exactly as you said.

For Ferrari, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!

Risking being put a label: traitor, unbeliever, glory fan, who knows what else, I have a question just for curiosity reasons.
    Based on what you are expecting poles and wins in remaining two races?
    Be objective and honest to your self.
    Thanks a lot!

Maldonado always says that. Williams are only that competitive at point and squirt tracks. Maldonado is a bit like Hamilton, he like those turns.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Risking being put a label: traitor, unbeliever, glory fan, who knows what else, I have a question just for curiosity reasons.
    Thanks a lot!
    That's worth a new thread better than discussing it in this one.

Not to break up anyone's party but the tracks don't really suit our car. Austin is fine until S3 - that is almost made for RBR. Brazil favors RBR much more than us unless the car changes radically. Our only hope is technical problems for them (or stupidity like the fuel amount in last quali).

Quote Originally Posted by FFFerrari View Post
    Not to break up anyone's party but the tracks don't really suit our car. Austin is fine until S3 - that is almost made for RBR. Brazil favors RBR much more than us unless the car changes radically. Our only hope is technical problems for them (or stupidity like the fuel amount in last quali).
    ...no, that is NOT our only hope; you forgot to mention RAIN in both quali and race...the F2012 is REALLY good in the rain, especially in the hands of Master ALONSO!!!!!

Thanks a lot!
    I don't think anyone is basing anything on anything. We just hope for the best. Being objective(pessimistic) all the time is boring and stressful. So why not hope for a beautiful last two races? If you want to be objective(pessimistic), then by all means, go ahead, if it makes you feel better. I for one, definitely prefer being positive.

But let me ask you this, on what are you basing your opinion that winning is not possible? I mean you don't know exactly how much Ferrari has improved the car over these 2 weeks, do you? And you don't know how well this track is going to suit our car, do you?

So why be pessimistic already in advance?

Keep the faith my friend and turn that frown upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    I don't think anyone is basing anything on anything. We just hope for the best. Being objective(pessimistic) all the time is boring and stressful. So why not hope for a beautiful last two races? If you want to be objective(pessimistic), then by all means, go ahead, if it makes you feel better. I for one, definitely prefer being positive.

But let me ask you this, on what are you basing your opinion that winning is not possible? I mean you don't know exactly how much Ferrari has improved the car over these 2 weeks, do you? And you don't know how well this track is going to suit our car, do you?

So why be pessimistic already in advance?

Keep the faith my friend and turn that frown upside down.
    I didn't said that I am pessimistic. And I don know how much Ferrari improved F2012 in time between last race and Austin, hopefully enough. Judging by the previous 17 races and tracks that they have raced only fast tracks with low DF suit F2012 well. Looking at Austin, especially at S3 it is going to be very challenging for Ferrari car.
    I have just asked about others opinion just for the sake of curiosity. Off course majority is going to say for sure we are winning last two rounds. But I won't to hear your reasons for that (objective).
    One more week and truth will be known

Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Ferrari are testing at Idiada today and tomorrow and have apparently asked the FIA for clarification of the Red Bull nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Ferrari are testing at Idiada today and tomorrow and have apparently asked the FIA for clarification of the Red Bull nose.
    Testing what?
    Any news?
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Testing what?
    Any news?
    Parts. And no. These are usually pretty secret. There will be leaks later I imagine. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Parts. And no. These are usually pretty secret. There will be leaks later I imagine. :)
    Whatever be hope to give us the most wanted boost!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!